Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? (1505 Views)

Funny Things First Time Travelers Do Abroad / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? / Nigerian US Green Card Holder Visting Nigeria, And Returning To US From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by killjoy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
I just observed a little girl running to welcome her big brother who obviously was returning from a trip. By mere looking at the contents of the cellophane he was carrying, I could see the shape of bread. Now my question is this - why must travelers always, i mean always buy bread during the trip. They may buy other things, but if bread isnt included, then the list is incomplete. Is it a tradition? Who started it? What is the origin of this bread thing? What is the significance. Please share with me if you have the slightest idea
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
lolss, its like a tradition for them.. especially we igbos grin anytime my uncle comes visiting, he always buys us bread, sometimes he also gives us 1k or 500 each..but he must add bread! of he did not bring bread..hmm u know that something is wrong wink choi. like say them swear for bread
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by killjoy(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lolss, its like a tradition for them.. especially we igbos grin anytime my uncle comes visiting, he always buys us bread, sometimes he also gives us 1k or 500 each..but he must add bread! of he did not bring bread..hmm u know that something is wrong wink choi. like say them swear for bread

I don't travel frequently Bt d few times I travel, if I dnt buy bread, my conscience will prick me to death n I can't explan y. its funny o
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
No food like bread
Breadoflife.

2 Likes

Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
killjoy:

I don't travel frequently Bt d few times I travel, if I dnt buy bread, my conscience will prick me to death n I can't explan y. its funny o
lolss do u wanna stop?

1 Like

Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Kylekent59: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bread is for love. I am d bread of live. Dnt u read d bible
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Kylekent59: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bread is for love. I am d bread of live. Dnt u read ur bible
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by killjoy(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lolss do u wanna stop?
don't tink so. id rada feel obliged to buy bread dan Sth more expensive cheesy
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by killjoy(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kylekent59:
Bread is for love. I am d bread of live. Dnt u read ur bible
yea ryt. we r saved by d blood if d lamb too. next tym I travel I will visit an abattoir bfor hand. I just hope dey slaughter lamb dat day sha

2 Likes

Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
killjoy:
don't tink so. id rada feel obliged to buy bread dan Seth more expensive :-D
olryt smiley
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by coolebux(m): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bread from eatries comes to mind
But we no de buy dat kain bread for journey

Come to think of it, bread has weight and occupies space
People from far and near can see it when it is presented

#breadforall
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by Lexusgs430: 2:32am On Oct 31, 2014
Nah bushmeat then for buy ?
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by WIZGUY69(m): 11:38am On Nov 01, 2014
cheesy
have been thinking about it too.
even the people you are visiting sef. tends to expect bread.
travel and bread. sha.
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by zeezahbee(f): 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
ehheehehehhe grin
Re: Why Must Travelers Buy Bread When Returning To Their Families? by bosunjohns(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2014
Have u ever heard of Agege bread?
The origin came from time immemorial when people who travel to Lagos are always asked to bring agege bread along.
Immediately he returns from a Lagos trip, the first question will be : where is the agege bread you brought? Hence the tradition continues till God knows when.

killjoy:
I just
observed a little girl running to welcome her big brother who obviously was returning from a trip. By mere looking at the contents of the cellophane he was carrying, I could see the shape of bread. Now my question is this - why must travelers always, i mean always buy bread during the trip. They may buy other things, but if bread isnt included, then the list is incomplete. Is it a tradition? Who started it? What is the origin of this bread thing? What is the significance. Please share with me if you have the slightest idea

(1) (Reply)

Studying Medicine In Aruba Caribbean A Good Idea? Nigerians In Caribbean!!! / R / My 6months Multi UK Visa, What Do I Do With It??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.