Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa (25823 Views)

US Green Card, US Citizenship And Employment In Nigeria: Confusion / Buhari Bares His Heart About Elections and Democracy / Nigerian, Others Bag Us Citizenship For Dying In Iraq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by black247: 2:56am On Oct 31, 2014
saxywale:

You can lie. grin grin grin
The same England I lived in for some years where I met Nigerian doctors, nurses, VP's in investment banks, Soldiers, Policemen, Lecturers, business owners, pharmacist, Engineers, Entertainers, labourers e.t.c
Are you an illegal immigrant cos those are the ones i know white people of the BNP stock call monkeys.

Well surely England isnt Australia or America, they may not always call you a monkey to your face - but they despise you. But I wont be in here trying to convince you how the white world views you in their country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2808556/Wealthy-Africans-spending-4million-London-property-WEEK-snap-exclusive-investments-capital.html

Read the comments:

Says it all, they can't stand living in their own countries so they buy up properties in safe, albeit slight damp London, no doubt when they arrive on the private jets they will be fawned over. We don't want you here, go and look after you own countries.

UK aid money, no doubt !!
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Qelvin(m): 3:13am On Oct 31, 2014
welcome to the club dude,got mine over a month ago... cool cool cool
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:
I have always been thinking:

Is the African culture part of the problem of Africa? Africans are family-oriented but not society-oriented.
They build individual families but have not been able to string that together to develop their societies. Because of their familism (pardon me, I just coined this vocabulary, meaning penchant for family), the financial head of a family is forced to ''work'' for members of his immediate and extended family. A western professor of mine who lived extensively in Africa once told me that family problems are one of the main reasons why middle class Africans are as good as poor. I had argued with him back then with a fervor bothering on pan Africanism, but now I know better.

There is so much dependency that, oftentimes, the bread winner has to steal public money to satisfy his family's needs. Relatives troop in and out, putting people under pressure to give and give and give. Now with smart phones, Facebook and twitter, they come in your face on cyberspace with requests. There is now no hiding place, except you get off cyberspace. It is such that even if you earn a good monthly pay, you end up an impoverished employed person, month in, month out.

There is total lack of the culture to compete for the common good. In contrast, there is breath-taking competition to be corrupt and to be able to lord it over others with the stolen wealth. On top of that, there is the tendency to blame others for African problems.

They say it's due to colonialism and slavery. But hey!! Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Philippines, and virtually all South American countries were colonized too. Indians were enslaved by the Dutch and taken to Suriname in South America. These people and countries have since moved on, and have become self-sustaining in many development indices that African countries can only dream of. But Africa remains the basket case of the world, beset with hunger, malnutrition, grinding poverty and disease. Moreover, Ethiopia and Liberia were never colonized. Are they any better than the colonized African countries?

Even ordinary Ebola, Africans cannot contain on their own after 40 whole years of its first discovery in remote Central Africa. Admitted that Nigeria was able to achieve that feat. But it was largely mother nature at work for them. One is regaled with images of dirt and squalor on Western media covering the Ebola crisis in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone. From those images you would conclude every single individual in those countries are dirt poor and live under the most horrible sanitary conditions. But there are presidents and leaders governing these countries. There are the rich and mighty. Have they been sleeping?

What excuse does Africa have to remain poor, dirty and a perpetual underdog? Africans on the street often say their leaders are corrupt. But leadership does not exist in a vacuum. Every leader was once a follower, and many new leaders, just followers a few years ago, have become even more corrupt than veteran leaders. How can you get good leaders from bad followers? The question then is, are Africans naturally wired to be what they are today?

What is the role being played by religion in certain African countries such as Nigeria? Virtually all the prosperous countries are those not overly enmeshed in all sorts of religion in equal numbers. They are either 100% (at least nearly so) Christians, 100% (at least nearly so) Muslims, or completely devoid of any religious affiliations. Nigeria has pursued the path of mixed religiosity in equal measure; yet all the religions that Africans ''die'' for are foreign to them. Why do they bear religion on their shoulders with unprecedented burdensomeness?

Election is coming up in Nigeria and everyone has become entrenched in their primordial positions. Common sense has been thrown to the dogs, and failed leaders, past and present, are doing all they can to recycle themselves. They throw crumbs at you and you fall hook, line and sinker for them. Where is the rallying for intellectualism and leadership quality? Where is Fasola, Utomi and the rest of the few good ones? Why are they not contesting and why is there no one promoting their candidacy? You all, ordinary Nigerians, have either been bought over by the corrupt and bigoted elites on both sides of the divide, or you are too ignorant and loving of the status quo to know any better.

Today, the president of Burkina Faso was chased out, and the parliament building set on fire. It was all because that president, despite having stayed 27 or so years in power, was angling to stay longer and sought to be backed up by lawmakers. That is the African system most like to live with.

Well, so much for my rambling. I just wanted to share what I have bottled up all these years.

PS: Today, I received my US citizenship; I am glad that I did, but I am not giving up on Nigeria and Africa, not yet.

What else can I add?
U said it all, u just nailed it.
Congrats as well.
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:

Those unable to take criticism in stride cannot make positive changes. You are a real Nigerian.

That's how majority of them are.
They will attack the messenger as usual and leave the message.
The truth hurts and most of them can't accept it rather they will justify their foolishness

3 Likes

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:

America and the other developed countries are great today because ordinary citizens moan and complain for the government to be better. Silence in the face of societal ill is the worst disease.

you lied sir, government didn't build america, after the civil war, individuals with ideas build the country
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 31, 2014
It is a beautiful posts here. Quite far from political E-thuggery we have on nairaland !!

Spectroscopic made valid points and the fact that you put your pen down to write your discomfort regarding the ills in your society is a welcome development and a contribution to her progress ...The reason why Africa in general and Nigeria in particular get what they get is because ''that's who they are'' .... and such was quite evident in some rebuttals posted by ill-educated folks on this thread except black247 who gave an outstanding rebuttal making the sensible posts in page '0' to be two (2) !

Why wouldn't the government be backward , is the society not backward ? ..... Colonialists left us good government but gradually we bastardised each parameters of government with this darkish brain that is dearth of knowledge and standardisation !!

Africa simply lacks standard, independence and taste ..... Extreme Mental Poverty is the problem of the elites right from the president to the madmen on the street and the only solution they have deplored to solving their problem is to steal it all , the resources of mother earth !!

If there is any continent in the world with so much hatred for themselves , sabotage and denial of good-living .... Africa is it

Until the elites in Africa that are robbing this continent blind sit together, form a formidable force and called it enough ..... Africa will never get emancipated from ''retrogressive development'' and growth !!

''If we can't develop ourselves in time of peace , how will we develop in time of war ..... Could any development occcur in Bokoharam sacked area or where MEND is operating or If MASSOB/OPC should go radical .... If the development doesn't come now when is it gonna be ..... Ever !!! ....

The only edge in Africa is that it is not yet like Arab-Asia/Middle-East war spoilt countries and free from natural disaster such as tsunami but it is quite pathetic that despite no war nor natural disaster , the artificial disaster we inflict on ourselves is beyond the beauty of humanity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by iamrealdeji(m): 5:00am On Oct 31, 2014
Bro,i respect you for been respectful and not particularly provocative,but I still call you a coward for chickening out,do you think things can be changed in this country by some Angel Gabriel or whatever?of course not,things can be changed by humans like you and i,if everyone of us had your mentality and chicken out like you did,how do you expect the leaders of tomorrow to survive? This country is yours,its yours forever,didn't the likes of Einstein eventually go back to their route after all the years spent in Germany? He went there,was offered something big and he politely rejected it,how much more of you and i? Nigeria is screwed up today,it doesn't mean everybody in the country are animals and doesn't mean you can't do your part,you do what you can do and don't expect anything from anybody in return,are you telling me some people are not trying to bring down America when the likes of Bill Gates,Warren Buffet and Zuckerberg are trying to make life easy for everyone?if you doubt me,read about the organized crime families,the likes of Gambino family,and read about things they do,read about John Gotti and his family,of course,some Americans still have that demon in their hearts but have long been superseded due to Americans forming as one and none of them trying to chicken out and be what they're not,just imagine a poor American man chickening out and changing his nationality to a french,its a slap on his own face,they're cocky and have the right to be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by iamrealdeji(m): 5:06am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:

Is the African culture part of the problem of Africa? Africans are family-oriented but not society-oriented.
They build individual families but have not been able to string that together to develop their societies. Because of their familism (pardon me, I just coined this vocabulary, meaning penchant for family), the financial head of a family is forced to ''work'' for members of his immediate and extended family. A western professor of mine who lived extensively in Africa once told me that family problems are one of the main reasons why middle class Africans are as good as poor. I had argued with him back then with a fervor bothering on pan Africanism, but now I know better.

There is so much dependency that, oftentimes, the bread winner has to steal public money to satisfy his family's needs. Relatives troop in and out, putting people under pressure to give and give and give. Now with smart phones, Facebook and twitter, they come in your face on cyberspace with requests. There is now no hiding place, except you get off cyberspace. It is such that even if you earn a good monthly pay, you end up an impoverished employed person, month in, month out.

There is total lack of the culture to compete for the common good. In contrast, there is breath-taking competition to be corrupt and to be able to lord it over others with the stolen wealth. On top of that, there is the tendency to blame others for African problems.

They say it's due to colonialism and slavery. But hey!! Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Philippines, and virtually all South American countries were colonized too. Indians were enslaved by the Dutch and taken to Suriname in South America. These people and countries have since moved on, and have become self-sustaining in many development indices that African countries can only dream of. But Africa remains the basket case of the world, beset with hunger, malnutrition, grinding poverty and disease. Moreover, Ethiopia and Liberia were never colonized. Are they any better than the colonized African countries?

Even ordinary Ebola, Africans cannot contain on their own after 40 whole years of its first discovery in remote Central Africa. Admitted that Nigeria was able to achieve that feat. But it was largely mother nature at work for them. One is regaled with images of dirt and squalor on Western media covering the Ebola crisis in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone. From those images you would conclude every single individual in those countries are dirt poor and live under the most horrible sanitary conditions. But there are presidents and leaders governing these countries. There are the rich and mighty. Have they been sleeping?

What excuse does Africa have to remain poor, dirty and a perpetual underdog? Africans on the street often say their leaders are corrupt. But leadership does not exist in a vacuum. Every leader was once a follower, and many new leaders, just followers a few years ago, have become even more corrupt than veteran leaders. How can you get good leaders from bad followers? The question then is, are Africans naturally wired to be what they are today?

What is the role being played by religion in certain African countries such as Nigeria? Virtually all the prosperous countries are those not overly enmeshed in all sorts of religion in equal numbers. They are either 100% (at least nearly so) Christians, 100% (at least nearly so) Muslims, or completely devoid of any religious affiliations. Nigeria has pursued the path of mixed religiosity in equal measure; yet all the religions that Africans ''die'' for are foreign to them. Why do they bear religion on their shoulders with unprecedented burdensomeness?

Election is coming up in Nigeria and everyone has become entrenched in their primordial positions. Common sense has been thrown to the dogs, and failed leaders, past and present, are doing all they can to recycle themselves. They throw crumbs at you and you fall hook, line and sinker for them. Where is the rallying for intellectualism and leadership quality? Where is Fasola, Utomi and the rest of the few good ones? Why are they not contesting and why is there no one promoting their candidacy? You all, ordinary Nigerians, have either been bought over by the corrupt and bigoted elites on both sides of the divide, or you are too ignorant and loving of the status quo to know any better.

Today, the president of Burkina Faso was chased out, and the parliament building set on fire. It was all because that president, despite having stayed 27 or so years in power, was angling to stay longer and sought to be backed up by lawmakers. That is the African system most like to live with.

Well, so much for my rambling. I just wanted to share what I have bottled up all these years.

PS: Today, I received my US citizenship; I am glad that I did, but I am not giving up on Nigeria and Africa, not yet.
Brother,dont get me wrong,i love your post o,youre intelligent,but you're just a coward

2 Likes

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Lucasbalo(m): 5:54am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:

Becoming an Ame does not make me any less Nigerian. Remember we have dual citizenship.
Gbam.. congrats and welcome to the club. Don't mind the haters, lots of this people spewing all kind of vitriolic garbage will trade places with you in a second.

2 Likes

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Pasca07: 6:14am On Oct 31, 2014
zeongeon:
His article is not one sided his article is the truth...the whole world knows that US is better off than Nigeria in many ways...ur talking about guns killing pple in US..please do u know how many pple are killed by poor health system/facilities in nigeria; go to govt hospitals and see what is happening there eg giving birth to baby using lantern, bad roads, insecurit and environmental pollution all cos of government neglect what can be worse than a government killing its pple ...Talking about the US justice system what justice have been done to bring our corrupt leaders to book? how many corrupt leaders have gone to prison...let's stop deceiving ourselves that other countries have there problem and as such we should turn blind eyes to ours.

The truth is that if a Nigerian citizen stands and a US citizen stands, the US citizens is likely to me more respected and feared WHY? because they have a working government...But as a Nigerian u can be molested and treated like crap WHY? Becos d whole world knows how crap our government is they know our government don't give a hoot about its citizens.
best comment so far.....

1 Like

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by sirantonio(m): 6:24am On Oct 31, 2014
Nigerians hate hearing the truth, @ OP wish you the best
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 31, 2014
black247:

Well surely England isnt Australia or America, they may not always call you a monkey to your face - but they despise you. But I wont be in here trying to convince you how the white world views you in their country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2808556/Wealthy-Africans-spending-4million-London-property-WEEK-snap-exclusive-investments-capital.html

Read the comments:

Says it all, they can't stand living in their own countries so they buy up properties in safe, albeit slight damp London, no doubt when they arrive on the private jets they will be fawned over. We don't want you here, go and look after you own countries.

UK aid money, no doubt !!

The comments is actually a good one. Why do they all steal money then run overseas to buy houses. Is Nigeria not good enough for them to invest their real estate business in.
I would have said the same thing. USAID and DFID keeps giving Nigeria and other African countries money to fight poverty, yet these same African leaders steal the money and launder it overseas.

3 Likes

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by omicron(m): 7:25am On Oct 31, 2014
Are many posters here envious that the OP got American citizenshiship

Any body who is not in the corridors of power, not among the Dangotes and co in Nigeria will gladly accept same, so why the hipocrisy?

What the OP has said is that stark truth, sometimes I wonder the kind of people in this part of the world.

Nobody has given deep thoughts to what he wrote up there, especially the part of leadership and follerwership.

Africans, and Nigerians especially, must change their mentalities first, starting from the least person to the topmost person.

Op congrats on your citizenship. Of course, that doesnt strip u of your Nigerian citizenship, am happy for you.

Anybody who is labelling u a coward is a Hipocrite.

1 Like

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by fr3do(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:

Those unable to take criticism in stride cannot make positive changes. You are a real Nigerian.

You are a chronic self hater.
Its one less toxic citizen for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by fr3do(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2014
sirantonio:
Nigerians hate hearing the truth, @ OP wish you the best

What truth?
Truth that is self hating, generalizations and doesn't offer solutions, truth that is bitching away to another man's country?
View my posts and topics in politics, you will know truth, at least a part of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by fr3do(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2014
omicron:
Are many posters here envious that the OP got American citizenshiship

Any body who is not in the corridors of power, not among the Dangotes and co in Nigeria will gladly accept same, so why the hipocrisy?

What the OP has said is that stark truth, sometimes I wonder the kind of people in this part of the world.

Nobody has given deep thoughts to what he wrote up there, especially the part of leadership and follerwership.

Africans, and Nigerians especially, must change their mentalities first, starting from the least person to the topmost person.

Op congrats on your citizenship. Of course, that doesnt strip u of your Nigerian citizenship, am happy for you.

Anybody who is labelling u a coward is a Hipocrite.

You are an Esau.
One of the greatest setbacks a country can have is unpatriotic citizens.
Lack of patriotism, not mentality of Nigerians is the country's problem.

1 Like

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by tollu: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2014
And there you have it folks, the reason why Nigeria is the way it is today is apparent is the first two pages of this thread.
That someone decided to speak about the ills governing his society makes him a hypocrite
Asking him what he has contributed and why he is running away.
Here is the truth guys, people who have things to offer this country cannot stay in this environment. It takes a lot of guts, bucks and tenacity to stay in Nigeria and try to make things work because even if you try to make a change, the naysayers here will be the same set of people saying "your grammar is too much, go and sit down".

When majority of the populace have a rethink from the current way their minds have been programmed to think, technocrats, innovators and many more people who have people to offer will do so.

As things stand, Nigerians (note: not Nigeria) are not worth fighting or breaking your head for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Natascha(f): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2014
Ethiopia was colonized by Italians for a short while
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by fr3do(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2014
donnypool:

you lied sir, government didn't build america, after the civil war, individuals with ideas build the country

Eeeeee gbam!
If you love your country, you would want to work with fellow compatriots to take her to new heights, if you love your country, you wouldn't loot her.

I won't subscribe to nazi and neocolonialist machinations about intrinsic mental poverty et al.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by fr3do(m): 7:53am On Oct 31, 2014
Bad politicians don't fall from heaven, some were once the masses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by vikyno(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2014
Good for you.
But make sure you take all your generation along with you. With that, you will fully enjoy your American citizenship where you will still be a second citizen and seen as inferior. Ewu!!!

You are just an attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2014
The same US that their own citizens are disowning en-mass due to oppresive tax policies and increasing global anti-americanism.
Who am i kidding anyway?
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

1 Like

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by kevoh(m): 8:25am On Oct 31, 2014
Actually the problem lies with the title the OP gave to his thread, so many will read it and translate it as : This na time to yab these useless Africa as I don become yankee citizen and no more African.
Many won't even bother reading the main article before lashing angrily at him. Hence the rich message of his article crashlands even before taking off!

OP raised some salient points about the ills of Africa but was it necessary to annouce the citizenship part? I'm still trying to link the article with the announcement, can not find any yet.

4 Likes

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by mrmetoo1: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2014
LOL @OP! Do you know what you did wrong? Your post was great but you ended it by throwing your American citizenship in people's faces. Have you not learnt anything from Nairaland?

In my posts, I try as much as possible not to point out that I have "access" to leave Naija and live in the US anytime I want to because when you do that it nullifies all your points, no matter how sensible. If you criticize Naija and maybe compare it to another country that you've lived in or live in, they attack you just as they're attacking you now. They either call you a liar or they call you a sell-out.

Now for me, I like people like you that still has Naija's interest at heart and I hope you do not only talk/type. Let's not take anything away from talking/typing because I still believe one of Naija's biggest problem is a lack of Education. There was a post I read yesterday where someone said something about he'll rather die suffering under one party than celebrate a good life under another party. This just shows how uneducated and underexposed a lot of Nigerians are.

The US is light years ahead of Naija in any and everything without a doubt. I do however caution Nigerians that forget themselves over there. The truth is, they never give Africans that full respect no matter how much you've done to earn that respect. You still find someone that pass comments from time to time that'll leave you scratching your head at the least and make you want to punch someone at the worst. I built and designed CPU boards so I worked with many bright, highly educated engineers but still I found myself explaining things to them about Nigeria/Africa that I didn't think anyone in the 21st century will ask. Stuff like "so you guys have radio stations?" or saying stuff to me like I'm Americanized because I dress well. I remember an art class that a Naija lady said "houses in Nigeria ..." and one of the girls in class said "don't you mean huts?" It cracked me up, it made laugh so hard but this Naija lady wasn't taking, she was pissed!!!!! Anyway just goes to show a lot of them still view us a certain way.

I moved back December because I know there are opportunities in Nigeria. Nothing hardly ever works, it could be frustrating but there'll be nothing more rewarding than if I achieve my goals here and I can contribute whatever I can to the development of this country. We'll never be respected if we don't fix our country which will take a lot of effort and determination from every one of us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by jemype(m): 8:46am On Oct 31, 2014
Congrats but U forgot to mention what you did to change the situation of the things in Nigeria. Meaning u haven't done anything yet you want to reap the benefit of another mans labour in america. They had their own fair share of struggles if u look back into history. Things will be better in this country.
spectroscopic:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by OmoEziokwu: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2014
spectroscopic:

If you could read better, you would see that I am already playing a role, from the content of my article. How could you not see that?

Dude forget these simpletons. They'll never get it.
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by VolvoS60(m): 8:55am On Oct 31, 2014
Pangea:
@ Op

Why are you wasting your time , trying to educate the idiots?

Reading almost all the response, I can deduce that, all hope is lost for the country if this is the mindset of an average Nigerian!
For a change to happen, one must first agree, there is a problem.
The people in the zoo called Nigeria has adapted to their problems instead of going out of their way to bring solution or a change!

They are like the Cypher in the movie - The Matrix, who opined that "Ignorance is bliss"
They prefer the illusion rather than the reality !
The OP has just painted the reality, but what do we get, the cyphers of Nigeria, throwing tantrums because once again they have been yanked out of their illusion!

^^^
grin grin grin
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by udysweet(f): 9:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Did you have to quote the OP before adding your reply? And again did you have to reply with that harsh tone? Nawa o! Anyway I'm expecting you to do the same now knowing I scolded you for this but pls be a gentleman inugo? In as much as we know evevry body has a right to air their view dsnt mean you come on someone's write up and dish out that vulgar word.
Enough said *sits back and await the insult*
NP: by the way don't abuse my mothe just incase you plan to,she's already dead,allow her rest in peace!
YungwizzzyPt7:

phock u
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by nedu2000(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2014
Congrats op,I sincerely envy you,have a nice life and utilise the opportunities that abound,God's blessing
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by spectroscopic: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2014
Natascha:
Ethiopia was colonized by Italians for a short while

But the Italians were defeated and sent packing nearly as soon as they came in, no? Even the Ethiopians will readily tell you they were non colonized. .
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by charzyh2: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:

phock u
must you quote everything just to put down two words?
Re: I Received My US Citizenship Today And I'm Unburdening My Heart About Africa by spectroscopic: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2014
kevoh:
Actually the problem lies with the title the OP gave to his thread, so many will read it and translate it as : This na time to yab these useless Africa as I don become yankee citizen and no more African.
Many won't even bother reading the main article before lashing angrily at him. Hence the rich message of his article crashlands even before taking off!

OP raised some salient points about the ills of Africa but was it necessary to annouce the citizenship part? I'm still trying to link the article with the announcement, can not find any yet.

Without adding that attractant in the title you likely would not be on this thread. You can see how little of it was mentioned in the main article. So, my dear friend, that was strategic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Charles Soludo's Inaugural Address As Anambra State Governor (Photos) / Seun Kuti: I Was A Fool When I Campaigned For Tinubu In 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.