Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. (16746 Views)

Does It Mean No Internet Service Provision For Those With 2/3g Phones On Ntel? / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) / Are Innjoo Phones A Disaster Waiting To Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by tuncetila(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
sincerely, am surprised you guys didn't see this. Like i said earlier even innjoo itself confirmed it on their website and it's still their on their site as we type. Maybe they rolled out new sets cos all of us who bought the first sets from Jumia are complaining now.

Chimezie250:
I used this phone before it was stolen never experienced what the op said, the phone is OK for the budget ,have even preorder the inote that will soon be out,op go try infinix zero didn't even use mine up to a week
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by cirmuell(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Heeboy94:

Still the same Jumia sir. And the guy u said that bought this InnJoo phone, what was his own complaint?
almost the same with this guy, the thread should be somewhere around this section.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by samally: 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Chimezie250:
I used this phone before it was stolen never experienced what the op said, the phone is OK for the budget ,have even preorder the inote that will soon be out,op go try infinix zero didn't even use mine up to a week

where did you pre order and how much is it??
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Heeboy94(m): 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Chimezie250:
I wonder.
InnJoo made errors in the 1st i1s they produced, and that was the set he bought from.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Heeboy94(m): 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
tuncetila:
sincerely, am surprised you guys didn't see this. Like i said earlier even innjoo itself confirmed it on their website and it's still their on their site as we type. Maybe they rolled out new sets cos all of us who bought the first sets from Jumia are complaining now.

That is it OP. If u check the Innjoo thread from the beginning, the users there were just complaining of the Low Memory issues, but not the recent Innjoo users
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Heeboy94(m): 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
cirmuell:
almost the same with this guy, the thread should be somewhere around this section.
Ok
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 31, 2014
devil no get free gift
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by tomiobj(m): 3:22am On Oct 31, 2014
tuncetila:
Dear Nairalanders,

Sincere greetings to you all. Even though all the political parties are busy trying to outdo each other, we the techies will stick to our business which is to talk tech things. We will have their time when the elections come around. For now, let them keep at their business, we will keep at ours too.

I have always wondered why phone manufacturers like Samsung and HTC would sell an Android phone for over 70k when then OS itself isn't proprietary. Have always believed it should be cheaper. Take for instance, the new HTC and Samsung phones that run the Android 4.4 Kitkat. the Android OS isn't theirs why should they make customers part with huge amounts to get just a phone. But after I bought a phone on Jumia called Innjoo i1s, I realised that what Samsung and HTC are selling are not just phones loaded with an Android OS but phones that have gone through rigorous Quality Assurance tests and certified by the appropriate standard organisations.

I was glad to see a phone on sale on Jumia which costs just N13,999 that is dual-sim enabled and it runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat. Yeah you read the price right, just N13,999 for an Android phone that runs the 4.4 Kitkat. I thought this was too good to believe, so i quickly placed my order and got from a nice Jumia call centre agent confirming my order and the delivery address and my mode of payment. After about 4 days my order arrived. I unpacked, charged, and started using it. I even convinced so many peeps in my office to buy. Some of them still think am an Innjoo agent.

After a while the true nature of the phone appears. the phone is full of so many bugs and memory issues. I will quickly list the problems for those with intentions of buying these phones.

1. Damaged sd card: Anytime my Innjoo i1s goes off and I charge and put it back on, I get a damaged sd card error. This damaged sd card is referring to the phone memory mind you and the only solution to this is to format the phone and do factory reset

2. Not enough memory: You think this shouldn't be a problem with the advancement of storage technology, but in these Innjoo phones memory is an issue. I have the i1s, once i try updating any app all I get is 'not enough memory to update this app', meanwhile I haven't downloaded anything on the phone. Friends using the Innjoo i2 phones have also complained about the same issue. I can't update any of my apps and games. To make matters worse, after Innjoo received many complaints about this issue, you wouldn't believe what their solution is. A flashing guide and ROM was provided on their website for all customers to use in flashing their phones. I was like this can't be true. For a phone company to tell customers to flash their phones with a fake software provided on their website. And this flashing guide and ROM didn't work for those who have tried it. For those who flashed successfully, they lost GSM signal after rebooting

3. Audibility of conversations: I know by now you are thinking all these issues on a phone. After you use the Innjoo phones for about 4weeks, audibility of conversations during a call becomes a problem. You might have to put the phone on speaker to hear your friend at the other end well.

I am not one of those who try to spoil a man's business but after sending them countless mails and dropping many long messages on their facebook page, facebook.com/Innjoo, without any reply, I have decided to alert Nigerians to the faults in these phones.

Instead of solving their i1s and i2 phones' problems, [b]Innjoo [/b]simply made an i2s with a bigger storage than i2, thereby leaving people with the i2 to figure out what to do with their phones.

Please watch out for these phones on Jumia.com, they come cheap though but they are not good phones. Am stuck with my i1s now not knowing what to do.

A word is enough for the wise.
you can return orders made from jumia as long as you have the receipt and the phone is in good condition

Or your phone has a factory error. And this could happen in any brand of phone even in iphones. As the popular saying goes:dont judge a book by its cover

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Nsonaso(m): 3:54am On Oct 31, 2014
tuncetila:
Dear Nairalanders,

Sincere greetings to you all. Even though all the political parties are busy trying to outdo each other, we the techies will stick to our business which is to talk tech things. We will have their time when the elections come around. For now, let them keep at their business, we will keep at ours too.

I have always wondered why phone manufacturers like Samsung and HTC would sell an Android phone for over 70k when then OS itself isn't proprietary. Have always believed it should be cheaper. Take for instance, the new HTC and Samsung phones that run the Android 4.4 Kitkat. the Android OS isn't theirs why should they make customers part with huge amounts to get just a phone. But after I bought a phone on Jumia called Innjoo i1s, I realised that what Samsung and HTC are selling are not just phones loaded with an Android OS but phones that have gone through rigorous Quality Assurance tests and certified by the appropriate standard organisations.

I was glad to see a phone on sale on Jumia which costs just N13,999 that is dual-sim enabled and it runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat. Yeah you read the price right, just N13,999 for an Android phone that runs the 4.4 Kitkat. I thought this was too good to believe, so i quickly placed my order and got from a nice Jumia call centre agent confirming my order and the delivery address and my mode of payment. After about 4 days my order arrived. I unpacked, charged, and started using it. I even convinced so many peeps in my office to buy. Some of them still think am an Innjoo agent.

After a while the true nature of the phone appears. the phone is full of so many bugs and memory issues. I will quickly list the problems for those with intentions of buying these phones.

1. Damaged sd card: Anytime my Innjoo i1s goes off and I charge and put it back on, I get a damaged sd card error. This damaged sd card is referring to the phone memory mind you and the only solution to this is to format the phone and do factory reset

2. Not enough memory: You think this shouldn't be a problem with the advancement of storage technology, but in these Innjoo phones memory is an issue. I have the i1s, once i try updating any app all I get is 'not enough memory to update this app', meanwhile I haven't downloaded anything on the phone. Friends using the Innjoo i2 phones have also complained about the same issue. I can't update any of my apps and games. To make matters worse, after Innjoo received many complaints about this issue, you wouldn't believe what their solution is. A flashing guide and ROM was provided on their website for all customers to use in flashing their phones. I was like this can't be true. For a phone company to tell customers to flash their phones with a fake software provided on their website. And this flashing guide and ROM didn't work for those who have tried it. For those who flashed successfully, they lost GSM signal after rebooting

3. Audibility of conversations: I know by now you are thinking all these issues on a phone. After you use the Innjoo phones for about 4weeks, audibility of conversations during a call becomes a problem. You might have to put the phone on speaker to hear your friend at the other end well.

I am not one of those who try to spoil a man's business but after sending them countless mails and dropping many long messages on their facebook page, facebook.com/Innjoo, without any reply, I have decided to alert Nigerians to the faults in these phones.

Instead of solving their i1s and i2 phones' problems, [b]Innjoo [/b]simply made an i2s with a bigger storage than i2, thereby leaving people with the i2 to figure out what to do with their phones.

Please watch out for these phones on Jumia.com, they come cheap though but they are not good phones. Am stuck with my i1s now not knowing what to do.

A word is enough for the wise.

Please bro... Can you explain that number 1 in a more simpler nd clear terms... I just bought i1s for a friend and the phone seems to be having a memory issues like you said though i termed it as a bad SD Card
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by msogbue: 4:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Well, thank you for this thread. The misinformation on this site is overwhelming.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by nwaobitex: 6:10am On Oct 31, 2014
lolx
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 31, 2014
gingger:
All d claim u spelt out there is not a general problem.. Maybe just ur phone.. But mine ain't got any of those ish I spelled out

It is a general problem even with the HTC m7 and m8 models. You get a storage space error when you try to install or update and application but it is not an ad card error but phone memory and there is more than enough space. The solution for HTC is to clear the application cache not wipe the fone or flash it.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by gingger(m): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2014
voltron:

It is a general problem even with the HTC m7 and m8 models. You get a storage space error when you try to install or update and application but it is not an ad card error but phone memory and there is more than enough space. The solution for HTC is to clear the application cache not wipe the fone or flash it.

U got me wrong.. Wat I meant was I don't experience any of such
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Leobreezy(m): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2014
@op Thanks for creating the thread and alerting others who may want to purchase the phone. Some peeps may be experiencing the problems you've stated either about the injoo or another brand but may be ashamed to say them because they've finished singing songs of praise about the phone all over the threads here on phone section, and all over the Internet sef. I must say though that's the risk in quickly acquiring a newly released phone the moment it comes out, and unfortunately people keep making that same mistake over and over again. Some just get easily swayed by the hyperbolic descriptions some deceitful guys here on nairaland use and quickly jump for it only to see it has faults and that the same guys who nugged them on to buy it have sold theirs to get another one. Chasing after the wind. Y'all shouldn't rush to buy a phone even if it seems so awesome, relax keep watching the thread and see if any complaints are made about it. We wouldn't have so much complaints on the infinix zero thread if people had only exercised patience.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by marcjoe(m): 8:00am On Oct 31, 2014
Funny phone producer....they dont need to rush with phones production.....phone production should not b a day job....it should take months....

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by omoadeleye(m): 8:37am On Oct 31, 2014
tuncetila:
well i still can't verify your claim about new set of i1s phones on Jumia. But if that's true, what about those of us that Jumia sold a very bad product to.

when i say jumia product are refurbish people would says something else, when jumia product are always cheap, so tell me what you should expect from them?
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by mexzony: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2014
my innjoo i2 never had issues o.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by tuncetila(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2014
well said bro. but i think am gonna take Jumia up on this and this will make wave if they dont answer me cos the phone manufacturer has accepted there were faults on the phones. i dont know why jumia wouldn't recall them back afterall Ford and Toyota have been recalling cars sold with faults. And Jumia better not ask me for my receipt cos they are just the only retailer for Innjoo phones in Nigeria. Where else could I have gotten the phones. I have over three Innjoo phones, i1s and i2, with the faults.

Leobreezy:
@op Thanks for creating the thread and alerting others who may want to purchase the phone. Some peeps may be experiencing the problems you've stated either about the injoo or another brand but may be ashamed to say them because they've finished singing songs of praise about the phone all over the threads here on phone section, and all over the Internet sef. I must say though that's the risk in quickly acquiring a newly released phone the moment it comes out, and unfortunately people keep making that same mistake over and over again. Some just get easily swayed by the hyperbolic descriptions some deceitful guys here on nairaland use and quickly jump for it only to see it has faults and that the same guys who nugged them on to buy it have sold theirs to get another one. Chasing after the wind. Y'all shouldn't rush to buy a phone even if it seems so awesome, relax keep watching the thread and see if any complaints are made about it. We wouldn't have so much complaints on the infinix zero thread if people had only exercised patience.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by tuncetila(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2014
well the number problem is damaged sd card. Now if am using the phone and the ba3 runs out, it goes off right? Yes. But once i boot it back on after charging i get damaged sd card error. Some peopel have compalined about this on their Facebook page but they haven't come up with a solution to that. I have someone with the same phone who is not having this problem of damaged sd card though but he has the memory problem.it goes to show the poor quality tests performed before these phones were brought into Nigeria by Jumia. Varying degrees of problems for different customers.

Jumia will be hearing from me very soon.
Nsonaso:

Please bro... Can you explain that number 1 in a more simpler nd clear terms... I just bought i1s for a friend and the phone seems to be having a memory issues like you said though i termed it as a bad SD Card
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by tuncetila(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2014
well i just spoke with a male customer care agent from Jumia called Jonathan. He promised to set up a procedural recall and replacement for monday. I hope it is that easy and they will just change these products.

I think they need to contact all their customers that bought the first set of phones on Jumia that has these faults and set up a recall, it will give their platform a good image.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Heeboy94(m): 10:29am On Oct 31, 2014
OK
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by samhay: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
GT N7200 China fone built in form samsung note3
8.0mp camera.

Command-Abule egba,Lagos.

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Nsonaso(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
tuncetila:
well the number problem is damaged sd card. Now if am using the phone and the ba3 runs out, it goes off right? Yes. But once i boot it back on after charging i get damaged sd card error. Some peopel have compalined about this on their Facebook page but they haven't come up with a solution to that. I have someone with the same phone who is not having this problem of damaged sd card though but he has the memory problem.it goes to show the poor quality tests performed before these phones were brought into Nigeria by Jumia. Varying degrees of problems for different customers.

Jumia will be hearing from me very soon.
Bro I think my friend that I just bought the Innjoo i1s for few weeks ago is having that damaged memory card problem... I inserted a 16GB Memory Card to the phone and load it up to 12GB nd some of the files where moved to LOST.DIR though I thought it's a bad memory card as the total capacity of the memory card is above normal 15.4GB instead of 14.7GB
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by isakatronics: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
My Camera Light is not working
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by tuncetila(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
what really is Jumia's problem. Why would they import this bad phones into the country?
isakatronics:
My Camera Light is not working
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by DNDROID(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
tuncetila:
what really is Jumia's problem. Why would they import this bad phones into the country?
so that's what you really think?

let me ask you this, did you read your receipts?

what did they say?

I have been reading this thread and chose to not comment on your gross negligence and unnecessary brand assassination..
only for you to finally extend it to Jumia...

let me ask you this:
did Jumia tell you that they make/import the phones?
did konga tell you that they make/import the Zero phone?

why have you not assassinated Konga brand
and all the companies/super markets/shops that ever sold you a faulty product?

Jumia is a shopping mall not a phone manufacturer or importer...

and if you had told Jumia,
they would have helped you get a new one from the company or even given you back your money as is stated on your receipt...

as the saying goes "don't kill the messenger"...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Heeboy94(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
DNDROID:
so that's what you really think?

let me ask you this, did you read your receipts?

what did they say?

I have been reading this thread and chose to not comment on your gross negligence and unnecessary brand assassination..
only for you to finally extend it to Jumia...

let me ask you this:
did Jumia tell you that they make/import the phones?
did konga tell you that they make/import the Zero phone?

why have you not assassinated Konga brand
and all the companies/super markets/shops that ever sold you a faulty product?

Jumia is a shopping mall not a phone manufacturer or importer...

and if you had told Jumia,
they would have helped you get a new one from the company or even given you back your money as is stated on your receipt...

as the saying goes "don't kill the messenger"...
Baba, u've said it all jare. D guy just dey call Jumia like say na Jumia dey manufacture d fones

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by samally: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
tuncetila:

Sorry bro....But, that is Nigeria for you...

I bought my samsung note3 from oversea...and it messing up..I took it to there customer centre and they told me that, this product was not meant for Africa..I open my mouth and command them not begging ooooo...under 20mint they gave me new phone sha....

so...you don't need to discourage others about any product or stores...just outline the defective parts and problem with the one you purchase, because uptill now,my course mate his still enjoying is note 3..

Am sure that the people browsing Nairaland are not blind, so if anybody go ahead to do mistake then is left for them...
once again am enjoying my i2s ...

From Note 2,3 and S5, I said no no no to high end pocket draining phone again..i'm not a programmer not developer....I surf internet only and use IM social apps.
So, am enjoying my China phone a lot..
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Leobreezy:
Y'all shouldn't rush to buy a phone even if it seems so awesome, relax keep watching the thread and see if any complaints are made about it. We wouldn't have so much complaints on the infinix zero thread if people had only exercised patience.

Have learnt my lesson on that, thinking of updating my T1 but just refrained from doing so. But still nothing about technology is perfect, it's a game of win some loss some. It's practice makes perfect but at the expense of your pocket.
Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by DNDROID(m): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
Heeboy94:

Baba, u've said it all jare. D guy just dey call Jumia like say na Jumia dey manufacture d fones
thanks bro...

still clocking great time on my i2 by the way...
see my battery screen shot for today...

Re: Before You Buy The Innjoo Phones On Sale On Jumia.com, Please Read This. by Heeboy94(m): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
DNDROID:
thanks bro...

still clocking great time on my i2 by the way...
see my battery screen shot for today...
Ewoh!!! 11hrs?? How come na? My i1s doesn't last up to 3hrs undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Android Phone Users: Share Your U.I / MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? / Samsung Mock Apple Before Iphone Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.