Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,615 members, 7,801,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? (1282 Views)

Where Is Sky B? / Brand New, Sky B Ft Timaya- Come N See / "sky B" Nominated Best Nigerian Rapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? by Trut(m): 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sky B. This 9ja guy made name for his self in 2007 with his debut album "Pray For Me" which sold nearly 1 miliion CD copies minus pirated copies, what really made that album tick was the hit track "I"m Calling" which made 9ja especially the Southern and Eastern part of Nigeria sit up! And go "gaga". The other tracks where hits also, some done with slow emotion laden beats and some done with what was considered party beats back then, although compared to now, those party beats are outdated can't match the current one produced now.
Based in Port Harcourt Nigeria's Sky B was famous for how he mixes great vocals with local flavour producing a genre of Hip hop which we haven't seen of recent. Not even the likes of "Baby Oku" crooner Flavour and 9ice can match him on that, the guy was so talented that people started grading him on par with the likes of P-Square and 2face (both of them seniors).

Year 2008 Sky B was tipped to become a long time member of Nigeria's music industry, as bright and young as he is many expected him to become one of the pillars of 9ja music, as he was in the same form with Alingo crooners the group known as P-Square, Ihe na eme artist 2face and the 9ja beef master Rugged Man not forgetting Idris. For a promising talent who burst into limelight to vanish like that is beyond comprehension, how many current Naija artist made it into limelight on their first try? Only two I know of Timaya and Sky B, Timaya with his first Album, that hit 1 million copies sold since then he haven't looked back.

Sky B Seven years counting

Is now seven years since Sky B vanished from Nigeria's music scene, like a whirl wind, he vanished into thin air. While Sky B went into self-exile, P-Square, 2face, D'banj and others has risen, they are growing from strength to strength, in seven years P-Square has produced over 2 dozens of solos, a handful of collabos, many awards, has signed record contracts with foreign record label, became ambassadors to many organizations.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? by Sparrow13: 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
He is in kaduna, living in Barnawa
Re: Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? by JEITO: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
Of all the questions I have heard on NL, this one sure fits the title "question for the gods" cos america will not know this one atal

SKY B bin popular dat year sha
Re: Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? by nairalife2013(m): 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
I was still courtin my wife when dis guy sky b was makin waves in juke boxes aroundd my neighbourhood... ma beh beh... ya d one. I used to drool it out into my wife's ear and she'd giggle seductively in my arms. I visited home recently and to my surprise I found dis disc in my archive. I still dont know who bought it. My wife told me she isnt d one. Beats me cos then I played mostly bon jovi, bruce hornsby, mike bolton, dan seals, d foreigner and d likes. But d disc now brings fond memories of those times. Be patient. America and my kids will know.
Re: Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? by Texykool: 12:58am On Oct 31, 2014
I heard he died (no jokes)

Anyone knows where he is?
Re: Where Is Naija Music Artist Sky B? by Trut(m): 4:10am On Nov 02, 2014
Texykool:
I heard he died (no jokes)

Anyone knows where he is?

Someone said he is in prison for drug dealing, but i don't know the actual truth

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC: Sexy Steel Ft. Tekno & Olamide – Sisi (remix) / Top 3 Richest Musicians In Nigeria / NEW MUSIC: DOWNLOAD Maleek Berry - Bend It Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.