Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. (3664 Views)

Describe Nigeria In Few Sentences........... / Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! / Describe Nigeria In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Here is what BBC says about Nigeria.....

What do you think when you hear the word Nigeria"? The country's reputation has been tarnished by corruption, email scams and Boko Haram - but when it comes to film and fashion, business in Nigeria is booming. Newsday's Bilkisu Labaran is in Lagos. We'll be discussing your comments from 0600GMT. Listen here: http://bbc.in/102dGP2

Your says?

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152876085650229&substory_index=0&id=285361880228&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6076107362347595749%3Amf_story_key.2284614398954243735&__tn__=%2As
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by ruffp: 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
Are they wrong?

19 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Longeria(m): 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
BBC is Tarnished with biased and junk journalsm.

11 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
Unfortunately , I agree with BBC. And we don't seem to realise that we have the power to make a difference. Use our votes wisely and hold our leaders accountable. They get away with everything because they think we can do nothing.

16 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by EdCure: 10:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
OP, the greatest insult to Nigeria and Nigerians have been coming from GEJ. What has been your reaction?

13 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
EdCure:
OP, the greatest insult to Nigeria and Nigerians have been coming from GEJ. What has been your reaction?
why do you want to know my reaction?
besides, hw do u expect my reaction to be?
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
ruffp:
Are they wrong?
U decides!
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Longeria:

They rarely see good things abt Nigeria
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by slimfit1(m): 11:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
Theultimate:

They rarely see good things abt Nigeria

Because you hardly find anything good coming out of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Safari29: 11:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
They are damn right. that why we need the needed change

9 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by slimfit1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
Longeria:

Really that's all you have to say to yourself BBC and junk journalism
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by size38: 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nigeria is even worst than a tarnished country. where impunity reign supreme. Where official corruption has become our everyday life. Where leaders pilfers and ask the followers that stealing is bad. Where leaders promise heaven and earth just to get to public office but forgets such promises ones they get in. etc

5 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
slimfit1:

Because you hardly find anything good coming out of Nigeria.

Really? You never told us you were useless and worthless. Unlike Nigerians like INNOSON, the stars of Nollywood, Nigerian music, and our agricultural/manufacturing, economic expansion. Positive items from Nigeria MORE than worthy of news and international attention. Kindly leave the rest of us out of your failure, insignificance, uselessness and worthlessness.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by deleo16(m): 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
I don't Blame them I Blame us 1. No love and respect for each other but we will get there one day 2. We abuse the country like nigeria is the only dwelling place of all problems,other country have their own problem also, but the way they go about it they apply wisdom. Nigerians any little thing that happen in Nigeria we shout it to the world give all our secret out its only a foolish family that will give out all the secrets good or bad to an outsider . when they now rubbish our image we get angry . NIGERIA IS NOT THE PROBLEM,NIGERIANS ARE THE PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by yuncka: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dnt mind d Tarnished a*sholes, dey r more tarnished dan hell.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by deleo16(m): 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Really? You never told us you were useless and worthless. Unlike Nigerians like INNOSON, the stars of Nollywood, Nigerian music, and our agricultural/manufacturing, economic expansion. Positive items from Nigeria MORE than worthy of news and international attention. Kindly leave the rest of us out of your failure, insignificance, uselessness and worthlessness.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by deleo16(m): 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Longeria(m): 2:18am On Oct 31, 2014
slimfit1:

Really that's all you have to say to yourself BBC and junk journalism
Meaning what?
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 31, 2014
no be their fault ,rubbish tea drinkers
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by stillchris: 5:50am On Oct 31, 2014
yes they are right. and guess what also helped to tarnish Nigeria's image? you and i.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by omenka(m): 6:05am On Oct 31, 2014
A wise man once said in the race to success, a kick in the butt propels you further than a pat on the back.

Think about it op.

2 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Truckpusher(m): 6:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Coming from the media house of a country that plundered Nigeria and equally forced a people with different ideology and culture to make up a country all for their economic gains, control of resources and even go as far as denying a certain region their right to self determination - The West and their media houses can rot in hell for all I care.

Fuccking hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Blackfire(m): 6:15am On Oct 31, 2014
a man who insult his father in a market place,is also insulting himself... keep insulting ur president and country

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Charbless(m): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2014
I'll reply them when I finish dis Bowl of Eba
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by dotna(m): 6:17am On Oct 31, 2014
Ermmm make I ask akpos to confirm this news is new or the new is news

Land Rover Discovery SE7 Trail Edition for N1.7m
https://www.nairaland.com/1973996/land-rover-discovery-se7-tokunbo
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2014
The truth is better.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2014
The truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by StealthyMe(m): 7:02am On Oct 31, 2014
In as much as i believe that The BBC is somewhat biased in its views concerning Africa,you cannot rule this out as false news.
Its a known fact that corruption and other maladies stated are ravaging Nigeria so why take umbrage when its said ?
We all in our hearts of heart agree that there's corruption in Nigeria ( Like there is in most countries )

I believe criticism should help us look at the negative side and improve in whatever way we can.

--But nawa for bbc oo..no be fashion & film dem wan talk about, how e take concern corruption & BH? --

3 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by ntyce(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2014
The truth is very bitter to swallow. Search the internet for any news relating to Nigeria, 60% will be about boko haram, missing girls, corruption, internet scams etc
A friend of mine travelled to Finland, he was placed on a watch list cos of suspected scam.
Not until we change our own mentality, attitude and lastly the rulers things may not change.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Networkingprof: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2014
BBC hating on NIGERIA since INDEPENDENCE.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Make them call us refurblished self, eh no kosine me.

Abeg, hw much is a cup of Garri Ijebu for your side jare?.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 31, 2014
I don't understand what op's trying to say. Do you want them to lie that Nigeria is not corrupt. That we are not the head quarters of yahoo yahoo or that boko haram doesn't exist. Are you not surprised they left out some other stuffs like human trafficking, drug trafficking e.t.c
Well, that's how people of the west have been brought up. To say it the way it is, in black and white, no sugar coating.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of The New N100 Centenary Note / 'Igbos, Respect Our Oba Or We Kick You Out Of Lagos'- Yoruba's Protest (pics) / Greater Joy As Urhobo Welcome Kanu P.a. In Ovwian Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.