Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (70642 Views)

Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2014
I never knew he was a phd holder,only God knows how he will act if he is not an educated fellow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Orunto: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2014
This Prof. is a murderer. He is dangerous and should be watched.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Anny45: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2014
It is really unfortunate that we lack respect in this country. Freedom of speech shouldn't be a reason for people to talk without reasoning. Many call the president clueless and stupid but come to think of it,everyone mustn't like the president. if you hate him that much,it is simple,go to the poll and cast your vote for your preferred candidate. If we continue with this trend of unnecessary insults on any leader you feel you don't like,then we have nothing to teach the coming generation!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Lywiled: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2014
Yomieluv:
Not only him,his wife inclusive..

Nigerians thought being schooled is a pre-requisite for good governance,but GEJ proved us wrong..

The wife's case is also pathetic,being a graduate with such bastardization of English language left much to be desired..

The couple ought to be stripped of any academic qualification to Kindergarten level..

Next.

You are kidding right!
Yeah I think u're kidding big time.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Shugakay(f): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2014
SlimBrawnie:
Examination is not the true test of knowledge neither is a Ph.D a yardstick for determining leadership and good governance.
True talk fella.Na who pass well for exam sabi book for nigeria, we no care how u carry pass am. So it shouldn't be used as determining factor please

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by akpanbaba: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2014
The prof is an embarrasment to Unilag.It is pathetic that the prof is of the law Dept and i am of the opinion that such a person should exercise caution as he makes comment on any issue.Prof should responsibly enjoy this freedom of speech in this civilian era and pray that God will not permit millitary rule anymore because this comment could have been an express road to Bama Prison in the millitary regime .Must the elites insult the president?.What effort did he make to advise the president or his aides?.If a lecturer in the dept of law makes such comment about him ,how would he feel?.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hazyfm: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2014
kingphilip:
n this coming from a professor of international law is very very disheartening

is it not the same professors like him that conferred the president with the degree n BTW can I bring him to manage a zoo for me? can I make him the general manager of my bank n go to sleep without supervision?

common this degree isn't a first degree where you'll spend years reading courses not relevant to ur field yet...

what solutions what prescribed by him? stripping him of the degree or wat because I can't waste my mb in downloading a video that won't worth it

What are u saying?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by clemz88(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

. . . and what would you say about Dora Akunyili who handled the Ministry of Information with her PhD in Pharmacy, not Management?
Stop giving excuse for Jonathan's failure.
pls can you give us 5 areas in which he has failed ? its people like you that criticize others where you avent even done any reasonable thing around your domain that people can point nd applause for you, yet u come here opening your mouth talking rubbish because you hear others talking.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
baccaspace:
This is not supposed to be news. I don't know how Jonathan managed to get his PHD, whoever was his supervisor deserves to be jailed for a bad job.
An independent investigation should be carried out in the University of Port Harcourt to find out if he really go it on merit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by msmon(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
I have to say that I'm nonpartisan and I'm not a fan of GEJ but the bashing he gets on a daily basis on NL and all other social media is VERY embarrassing to Nigeria and Nigerians in general.

With all due respect to Prof. Oyebode, you haven't done yourself any good for bashing a fellow professor as you, I can assume that you are also an embarrassment to Phd holders with this utterances of yours. What you just pour out is least expected from a so called professor.

In conclusion, been a professor doesn't make one a good administrator, so get a grip professor Oyebad *Oyebode!

Note: I expect some paid cyber rants to criticize my humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by koikoi2(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2014
See how we Nigerians including professors make fo*l of ourselves.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Truckpusher(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2014
Anny45:
It is really unfortunate that we lack respect in this country. Freedom of speech shouldn't be a reason for people to talk without reasoning. Many call the president clueless and stupid but come to think of it,everyone mustn't like the president. if you hate him that much,it is simple,go to the poll and cast your vote for your preferred candidate. If we continue with this trend of unnecessary insults on any leader you feel you don't like,then we have nothing to teach the coming generation!
A particular section of this country that are usually loud mouthed and their mouth wide open while talking started this trend of insults.

We are waiting to see the Messiah that they will give to Nigerians after 2019 because right now there is no vacancy in Aso Rock. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by major466(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2014
The Professor that made the video is not intelligent. He's a disgrace to real intelligent people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hevisegs: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2014
major466:
How To Become a Super Star in APC:
1. Oppose the President at any given opportunity whether it makes sense or not.
2. Abuse and Insult the President all the time.
3. Tell lies about GEJ and his administration.
4. Tell Nigerians that GEJ is clueless.
5. Make 1.5 minutes video saying the President is not intelligent.

Congratulations!!!
You're now a Super Star in the Agberos People's Council.
SENSELESS NONSENCE ACCORDING TO THE BOOK OF MAJOR466. MAKE SURE WHEN U HAVE A FRIEND WIFE AND BROTHER, OHHHHH AND A CHILD IF HE IS DIVING INTO AN OCEAN PLEASE TELL HIM OR HER IT MAKES SENSE, DONT TELL HIM HE IS CLUELESS OF THE DANGER OF HIS ACTION, DONT ..... OK THAT YOUR LIFE YOUR THEORY WILL NOT WORK FOR MAJORITY OF THE REASONABLE CTIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY. QED
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Timijo(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
Let the Prof says what he likes, he owns his mouth. He talked as if he can do better than GEJ if he is giving the opportunity to rule Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by stanislaus67(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
size38:
GEJ is truly a disgrace to all Ph.d holders in Nigeria. Some of us with Bs.c and PGD are better and can as well do better if given the opportunity like the one given to GEJ
In your wildest imagination! Go and rule ur kindred(umunna) first and then come back and comment!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by maclatunji: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.

Going by your logic a SSCE holder is better because he is exposed to multiple subjects and examined on them. If he passes, he is assumed to have consummate general knowledge.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Orunto: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
I repeat that this Prof. is a murderer. He is dangerous and should be watched.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
brixton:

Same way you and the prof forgot GEJ is the head of a country?

I used that post to point out the double standards of the guy I quoted.

Now to you, when did becoming a president make you immune to insults?

So because he is the president, we should let him abuse power? Wasn't it the same GEJ who made the non-presidential words, 'I don't give a damn'?

You people who worship the President are just undermining civic participation in governance which is one of the elements of democracy. You make it look like GEJ is the only president that recieves insults from his fellow countrymen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
gabicon:
John maxwell said ''Leadership is influence nothing more nothing less'' education is and enhancer of leadership it simply broadens ones perspective. GEJ must have thrived as a teacher in uni port but follows don't want to be taught they want to be led. If he weren't a good lecturer he would probably have been fired from his lecturing job, I really do not think we should quantify leadership with a level of education I therefore do not support the stance of the professor and also he should remember that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
He never taught in any university, but the Rivers State College of Education.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by samiyke74: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2014
This man is a dissapointment to proffessor hood that's is if he was qualify to be one.how a so called prof of nigerian well known university saying this to the president of this great nation just because he may not have been opourtune to be given an appointment by our dear Oga JONA! GEJ! Am sorry for him ploitical prof.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2014
Omimah:

An independent investigation should be carried out in the University of Port Harcourt to find out if he really go it on merit.
Actually GEJ represents mediocrity, and it was the same Uniport that awarded Madam PEJ her BSC degree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by camelus: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2014
Ilekokonit:
Jonathan is an Embarrassment to Ph.D Holders - Unilag Professor of Int Law

Start watching at 1min 29secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE?t=1m29s

while is this Prof spewing trash and publicly displaying ignorance as if there is any correlationship between Leadership/Governance and Ph.D.
How many of the World best Leaders both past and present are Ph.D holder or holds Professorship,the likes of Obama,Zuma,Putin,Angela Mikel,Netayanhu etc had no Ph.D. Leaders are mostly born not made. In contrast how many Profs are School owners?the last time i checked Schools are mostly owned by Biz men and NGO's.
Haters of Jonathan !

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hazyfm: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2014
akpanbaba:
The prof is an embarrasment to Unilag.It is pathetic that the prof is of the law Dept and i am of the opinion that such a person should exercise caution as he makes comment on any issue.Prof should responsibly enjoy this freedom of speech in this civilian era and pray that God will not permit millitary rule anymore because this comment could have been an express road to Bama Prison in the millitary regime .Must the elites insult the president?.What effort did he make to advise the president or his aides?.If a lecturer in the dept of law makes such comment about him ,how would he feel?.

It means u can't rule The United States of America
That is what it takes to be President
If you cannot live with it, Then don't contest
Jonathan said he is the most insulted President in the world
I don't think so, Barrack Obama is.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by diarra94(m): 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
nigerian professors are bullshit. they make absolutely no tangible contribution to science but just sit on their asses and fail students. i would have probably killed one of my lecturers if i studied in nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
Shugakay:
True talk fella.Na who pass well for exam sabi book for nigeria, we no care how u carry pass am. So it shouldn't be used as determining factor please
PHD is by research, it requires a level of intelligence and logical reasoning at least. It doesn't necessarily mean one must have the IQ of a Super Human. GEJ with all due respect to his excellency lacks common sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
hevisegs:

SHAME ON YOU FOR WRITING THAT; SO ALL GEJ CRITICS NOW NA APC! PLEASE OUT OF THIS ROOM ABEG!

That is the problem with all these reetards calling themselves GEJ defenders.......everything is seen as WE vs THEM, PDP vs APC

Very pathetic bunch of drugheads.....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2014
stanislaus67:
In your wildest imagination! Go and rule ur kindred(umunna) first and then come back and comment!
No wonder your type were deceived by his being the first PhD holder to govern Nigeria. I'm sure you that Governor Aregbesola who has an HND in Mechanical Engineering is politically sound than Jonathan. If there is anybody whose PhD should be used as a campaign tool to get votes, it just have to be Dr. Kayode Fayemi, BA Unilag; Msc OAU; PhD London. He made marks in the US and the NIPSS, Kuru-Jos.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Largernonso(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
ph.d u got through expo ad sorting
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Braggante(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
clemz88:
pls can you give us 5 areas in which he has failed ? its people like you that criticize others where you avent even done any reasonable thing around your domain that people can point nd applause for you, yet u come here opening your mouth talking rubbish because you hear others talking.

Education
Unemployment
Health care
Infrastructure
Corruption
Impunity
Increase in Poverty
Homelessness
Security

Would you like more?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Pataki: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
An intellectual disgrace is what we call a President.

I don't believe he got his PhD through intellectual research work.

Heck! Even his Masters thesis can be found referenced online. But NOWHERE is his PhD thesis found or referenced till date!

We have a useless, corrupt, clueless, devilish-serpentine being as a President.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by killercute16(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
[b]FREEDOM OF SPEECH[/b]being abused everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) / Fayose Makes First Public Appearance Since After Governorship Election. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.