Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26575 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
tope2000:

Was i expecting you to agree with me - No
Maybe its a gross misconception or not, this sh.it happens anyways. u know it  n i know it
Black men too also date white women beacuse they don't have to give, infact they would be the be one receiving.

It happens but it doesnt mirror all interracial relationships. A large portion of them are genuine loving relationships and is not about the poor white chic taking nonsense no one else is prepared to take. Seems to be the consolation for a lot of black women.

Your claim in bold is sometimes true . . . perhaps why some black men are more comfortable with white women, they are ready to take you for who you are, penniless or not. Black women are simply looking for a huge pay day.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
Let those arrogant women remain single abeg. Make dem carry their wahala go!

Obama married a well-educated but submissive black woman. He will do his duties as president while she goes about her wifely duties - take care of the kids, make sure they're doing their homework, eating well and sleeping well. This is the traditional way of life that some insolent black women abuse. Imagine a typical "I too sabi" Naija wife in the White House! Olorun ma je!

Black men should only marry women who understand and appreciate their roles as wife, mother and partner (in that order). I personally prefer black women, but can marry ANY woman who understands, appreciates and loves the traditional family setup. Guys, marry any woman you find these qualities in.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tope2000(f): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2008
sillyboy:

Tope, what kind of "non-sense" does white women accept that black women accept?. . . . .I think the question should be " Why would a white woman accept "non-sense" and a black woman would not?". . . .the answer is simple pal. . . that same attitude we are talking about undecided

Yes black women may have attitude but not all
White women are easily attracted towards black guys because they find black males to be stronger both psychically and emotionally. Some white women love dating black guys because they feel protected in the company of such guys. Every girl wants her man to be strong both psychically and emotionally. This is why white girls are interested in maintaining a relationship with black guys, which is prolly why they stick by u guys even when shudnt have undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

It happens but it doesnt mirror all interracial relationships. A large portion of them are genuine loving relationships and is not about the poor white chic taking nonsense no one else is prepared to take. Seems to be the consolation for a lot of black women.

Your claim in bold is sometimes true . . . perhaps why some black men are more comfortable with white women, they are ready to take you for who you are, penniless or not. Black women are simply looking for a huge pay day.

Correct!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2008
Obama married a well-educated but submissive black woman.

did she say this with her own mouth?  
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]So me not bowing down for him is a problem heheheh thank God he doesn't think like your.
[/size]

You wait until you get married. you're still at the "everything is all rosy" stage.

tRoOE:

[size=13pt]Heheh what attitude, because I stood up to you, you should be lucky it was e-slap and not real one grin
Do you really think white women want to settle down with your black men, they are just doing it for the sex
[/size]

Sex with you must suck then considering white guys dont want to be with you.

That aside, your claim is bogus . . . many loving interracial families springing up everyday . . . wow its hard to see a 10yr marriage based on sex alone.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

In my book, submissive means slavery
Submissive doesn't mean respect
African men are bunch of control freaks
Do you really think white women want to settle down with your black men, they are just doing it for the sex
[/color][/font][/size]

I want to explore this  a little more so tell me what are the following:

Your husband making the final decision

Preparing his plate first at dinner

Following thru on his decisions even when you dont agree

lowering your tone when you address him or using a different tone to address him then you would another male.

leaving him alone to discuss issues with his male friends

serving drinks or food when people come over

preparing his favorite meals.

which ones are submissive, which are not and what do you find to be slavery.

This is open to everyone.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

did she say this with her own mouth?  

My dear actions speaks louder than words!

Wifely duties!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2008
tope2000:

Yes black women may have attitude but not all
White women are easily attracted towards black guys because they find black males to be stronger both psychically and emotionally. Some white women love dating black guys because they feel protected in the company of such guys. Every girl wants her man to be strong both psychically and emotionally. This is why white girls are interested in maintaining a relationship with black guys, which is prolly why they stick by u guys even when shudnt have undecided

Bogus claim alert!  grin

white guys are equally physically strong (seen those wrestlers?) and are even more romantic than black guys so . . . out goes ur claim.

Why do you think white girls shouldnt stick to black guys?  undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by JustGood(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2008
stillwater:

I surely know I don't behave bitchy, so why's such nonsense attributed to black women in general? The mannerisms of some AA ladies should never be used to describe/classify me, please.

I take it you meant some BLACK AMERICANS cheesy
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tope2000(f): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

I dont have any qualms with interracial dating, i mean you cant help who you fall in love with. Hmmm well i think some of guys dont know what they want because i think they are some black women out there who can take care of themselves without any man's help but not all u guys like INDEPENDENT WOMAN . I remember a thread abt this a while ago, most guys thinks they are arrogant and proud and yet they are some guys complaining all a black woman want is MONEY. undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
The in-da-closet feminazis would be up in arms if told to "carry the pot and walk behind your husband"! Obama my guy!!!

Nobody wants to marry a woman who does not appreciate traditional family values.

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sillyboy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
Heheh what attitude, because I stood up to you, you should be lucky it was e-slap and not real one

In my book, submissive means slavery
Submissive doesn't mean respect
African men are bunch of control freaks

Standing up to me is no problem pal. . . as a marra of fact, I like it.

I have learnt to give more meaning to the dictionary meanings of words. . . don't you know that "goodbye" could mean hope to see you larra and at this same time it could mean "rest in peace"?

Was i expecting you to agree with me - No
Maybe its a gross misconception or not, this sh.it happens anyways. u know it  n i know it
Black men too also date white women beacuse they don't have to give, infact they would be the be one receiving.

When it comes to that. . . black women are more gullible than the whites.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:24pm On Nov 19, 2008
tope2000:

I don't have any qualms with interracial dating, i mean you can't help who you fall in love with. Hmmm well i think some of guys don't know what they want because i think they are some black women out there who can take care of themselves without any man's help but not all u guys like INDEPENDENT WOMAN . I remember a thread about this a while ago, most guys thinks they are arrogant and proud and yet they are some guys complaining all a black woman want is MONEY. undecided

ALL men like independent women but not ALL men are interested in the black woman's idea of an "independent" woman.

Loud, aggressive, hyperactive, occassionally rude, not willing to follow her husband's lead . . . are not characteristics of an independent woman. And no we dont want such women.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2008

so a woman helping her husband means she's submissive?  

If she was rushing off and Obama was carrying something behind her, what would you call that?  
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

Please clarify.

My younger brother says he can never go out with an AA in his high school.  Lousy, loud, all in your face attitude/ irritating personality are his reasons why. I have seen such attitude even in adults that ought to know better.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

The in-da-closet feminazis would be up in arms if told to "carry the pot and walk behind your husband"! Obama my guy!!!

that's if she didnt bang the pot on his poor head first.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2008
tope2000:

I don't have any qualms with interracial dating, i mean you can't help who you fall in love with. Hmmm well i think some of guys don't know what they want because i think they are some black women out there who can take care of themselves without any man's help but not all u guys like INDEPENDENT WOMAN . I remember a thread about this a while ago, most guys thinks they are arrogant and proud and yet they are some guys complaining all a black woman want is MONEY. undecided

This is a misnomer that really bothers me.

for me it works like this, I work, your ass should work too.

I want to build something WITH my mate not build something FOR my mate.  I want you to come to the table with something to offer.  So if that makes me money hungry because I ask what kind of job do you have, do you have good credit, do you own your own home, what are your 1 year, 5 year, 15 year and 20 year goals, how much money do you earn in yearly salary; then i guess i am money hungry.

But on the flip side of that i have A1 credit, own my own home, have a really great salary, have 1yr,5yr,15yr,20yr goals and I just want someone to share that with to build with that on.  We can go so much further, so much faster if both of us are working toward a common goal.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

You wait until you get married. you're still at the "everything is all rosy" stage.
[size=13pt]even if things change, it will for the better not worse in Jesus name!!Amen[/size]

Sex with you must suck then considering white guys don't want to be with you.

That aside, your claim is bogus . . . many loving interracial families springing up everyday . . . wow its hard to see a 10yr marriage based on sex alone.
[size=13pt]@the sex lmfao, very funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
Do you have an idea how many white men hit on me per day,but the truth is I will never never date a white guy, God forbid bad thing

the % of white ladies marrying blacks is very small, so the marriage lasting 10yrs is out of the window
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by na2day2(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
wow! 70% ? i don't think they know it. alot of the white ladies are easier to be friends with, they are more forth coming while most of the black chics especially the AAs can give a brother stroke just by talking. Most nigerian girls here in dallas are hard nuts but they are angels compared to most i met in chicago, so for me, 70% is not a surprised bcuz at the end of the day, no man wants to return to a war zone they call home.  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by JustGood(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2008
Problem is that the issue of submission gets taken to the extreme by some feminist women and they mislead younger women with their views
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
stillwater:

My younger brother says he can never go out with an AA in his high school. Lousy, loud, all in your face attitude/ irritating personality are his reasons why. I have seen such attitude even in adults that ought to know better.

That is high school.

And the adult women you are talking about are chickenheads that most Akata men wont even Bleep wit. The only men interested in chickenheads are rosters.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
Please learn from Michelle Obama! This is how we want our wives - educated and family-oriented. Her career must take the back seat to her dedication to her family. With all her Ivy league education, she's still doing her wifely duties with charm, smiles and zest!

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]even if things change, it will for the better not worse in Jesus name!!Amen[/size]

Even Jesus said you shld be submissive to ur husband.

tRoOE:

[size=13pt]@the sex lmfao, very funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
the % of white ladies marrying blacks is very small, so the marriage lasting 10yrs is out of the window
[/size]

you must be living on a parallel planet.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tope2000(f): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

ALL men like independent women but not ALL men are interested in the black woman's idea of an "independent" woman.

Loud, aggressive, hyperactive, occassionally rude, not willing to follow her husband's lead . . . are not characteristics of an independent woman. And no we don't want such women.

Lmao . . . . . but seriously not all black women are like that but majority of them are lipsrsealed

sistawoman:

I want to build something WITH my mate not build something FOR my mate.  I want you to come to the table with something to offer.  So if that makes me money hungry because I ask what kind of job do you have, do you have good credit, do you own your own home, what are your 1 year, 5 year, 15 year and 20 year goals, how much money do you earn in yearly salary; then i guess i am money hungry.

But on the flip side of that i have A1 credit, own my own home, have a really great salary, have 1yr,5yr,15yr,20yr goals and I just want someone to share that with to build with that on.  We can go so much further, so much faster if both of us are working toward a common goal.

I feel you  wink
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2008
Btw she's carrying a centerpiece, not a pot

You people are so bush.

Two people in a relationship are bound to help each other, so what's the hoopla

Reason why most akatas arent married is cos no one wants someone with baby baggage from 14 yrs old

It's that simple.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by JustGood(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

Even Jesus said you shld be submissive to ur husband.

you must be living on a parallel planet.

True

and many of them dont want to accept what the bible says about submission but they expect God to help them through their problems  undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
JustGood:

Problem is that the issue of submission gets taken to the extreme by some feminist women and they mislead younger women with their views

Don't mind them.

When they ('em sisters) buy one pako $200,000 house, they start to look at all black men as losers! Those don't impress real men. What real men want are: obedience, submission (not slavery, who wants that?) and love for family.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

submission (not slavery, who wants that?)

You'd be surprised.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

pretty nice soundbite but it misses the KEY ingredient in marriage . . . unselfish love. What's wrong with building something FOR my mate? What if ur mate somehow couldnt help with family finances for unknown reasons . . . u'll chuck him out and find someone else to build WITH?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

I want to explore this  a little more so tell me what are the following:

Your husband making the final decision

Preparing his plate first at dinner

Following through on his decisions even when you don't agree

lowering your tone when you address him or using a different tone to address him then you would another male.

leaving him alone to discuss issues with his male friends

serving drinks or food when people come over

preparing his favorite meals.

which ones are submissive, which are not and what do you find to be slavery.

This is open to everyone.

[size=13pt]
The decisions isn't just on him, if we don't agree or come to a term than he can't do it

The type of man i have, listens to me, my opinion is what matters, and Vice-versa
lol @cooking his food 1st, it doesn't work that way with us

Common sense should tell her to serve some drink to the visitors, and he can do the same

What you listed is not bad, but it the tone he uses that determines whether it submissive or not
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

between she's carrying a centerpiece, not a pot

You people are so bush.

Two people in a relationship are bound to help each other, so what's the hoopla

Reason why most akatas arent married is because no one wants someone with baby baggage from 14 years old

It's that simple.

My dear no vex. "Pot" was used as a metaphor in that quoted statement. It wasn't meant to describe exactly what she was doing. The "pot" represents much more than the ordinary pot - go figure!

All we are saying is that not even two Ivy league degrees should not make any wife-material to shirk her wifely duties, talk less of all those RNs disrespecting well-educated and responsible brothers. Mbanu! Umu boys, go look for wife-materials, dem still dey o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

This Is Affecting My Relationship / Ladies, 9 Natural Ways To Make Your Bosoms Grow Bigger / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.