Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26566 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

pretty nice soundbite but it misses the KEY ingredient in marriage . . . unselfish love. What's wrong with building something FOR my mate? What if ur mate somehow couldnt help with family finances for unknown reasons . . . u'll chuck him out and find someone else to build WITH?

No you dont chuck him, because we have history together.  But to take up with someone who has nothing from day one is a no no no no.  Not when i already have my shit together, if i cant claim you on my taxes i aint supporting you.

I am talking about during the dating process not after marriage.  If hubby fell ill right now and could work i would build whatever he needed for him.  You just dont throw out someone you love because they are down, but you dont pick up the local homeless guy and make him your man.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
Black women should consider Michelle Obama a much more significant role-model than confused but wealthy Oprah Winfrey. This will help them a lot!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

Even Jesus said you shld be submissive to ur husband.

you must be living on a parallel planet.
[size128pt]LOL but there is a limit
No I don't live on a parallel planet, we just understand each other better kiss
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2008
@topic

cos they wanna stay single undecided marriage is not for everybody abi na by force oga outlaw?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size128pt]LOL but there is a limit
kiss
[/size]

limit to what? Abeg be submissive to your husband joo before you start claiming "In Jesus name".
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sillyboy(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2008
[b]The decisions isn't just on him, if we don't agree or come to a term than he can't do it[/b]The type of man i have, listens to me, my opinion is what matters, and Vice-versa
lol @cooking his food 1st, it doesn't work that way with us

Common sense should tell her to serve some drink to the visitors, and he can do the same

What you listed is not bad, but it the tone he uses that determines whether it submissive or not

What if a compromise is not reached?. . . .does that mean the decision should be left undecided?

The funny thing is that when the "left behinds" realise that they are almost "left behind" they now start to do what they should have done in the first place in desperation. Most of them now end up with low-life guys. Start cleaning up pews in churches and keep disturbing their pastors undecided. . . . .shior!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Black women should consider Michelle Obama a much more significant role-model than confused but wealthy Oprah Winfrey. This will help them a lot!

I see you are on a campaign.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]
The decisions isn't just on him, if we don't agree or come to a term than he can't do it

The type of man i have, listens to me, my opinion is what matters, and Vice-versa
lol @cooking his food 1st, it doesn't work that way with us

Common sense should tell her to serve some drink to the visitors, and he can do the same

What you listed is not bad, but it the tone he uses that determines whether it submissive or not
[/size]

my opinion matters but the final decison rests on his shoulders as the head of the house and what he says goes.  There can not be two heads, one person has to be responsible for those things, at least that is how i was raised and how i function now.  When the shit hits the fan he has to fix it too, so with that power comes responsibility and a real man wont buck under that presure but will welcome it.

I would never ever expect my husband to serve vistors that come into our home, i would feel embarrassed and would for sure chop off his head in private if he ever stepped into my terrorty to do that.

I would never feel comfortable with my husband serving me a plate of food, unless i was sick.

Does that make me a slave, I dont think so, i just know my place in my marriage and my worth in his heart.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

@topic

because they want to stay single undecided marriage is not for everybody abi na by force oga outlaw?

Who told you they want to stay single? Ol boy, you need to interact with Black American chics abeg. These women are looking for men like crazy!

Part of the problem though is that the percentage of eligible black bachelors is not impressive, relatively.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

my opinion matters but the final decison rests on his shoulders as the head of the house and what he says goes. There can not be two heads, one person has to be responsible for those things, at least that is how i was raised and how i function now. When the shit hits the fan he has to fix it too, so with that power comes responsibility and a real man wont buck under that presure but will welcome it.

I would never ever expect my husband to serve vistors that come into our home, i would feel embarrassed and would for sure chop off his head in private if he ever stepped into my terrorty to do that.

I would never feel comfortable with my husband serving me a plate of food, unless i was sick.

Does that make me a slave, I don't think so, i just know my place in my marriage and my worth in his heart.

Karmamod and Trooe pls learn from a married woman.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by agaba123(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
olalacious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women liberation. Women bitch-ilation and women take-over-lation.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Who told you they want to stay single? Ol boy, you need to interact with Black American chics abeg. These women are looking for men like crazy!

Part of the problem though is that the percentage of eligible black bachelors is not impressive, relatively.

the ones have ive spoken with,aint interested in marriage undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

[size=18pt]my opinion matters but the final decison rests on his shoulders as the head of the house and what he says goes.  There can not be two heads, one person has to be responsible for those things, at least that is how i was raised and how i function now.  When the shit hits the fan he has to fix it too, so with that power comes responsibility and a real man wont buck under that presure but will welcome it.

Does that make me a slave, I don't think so, i just know my place in my marriage and my worth in his heart.
[/size]

Chai! This is the kind of woman we are looking for oooo!

Make all of 'em single black ladies come learn from sistawoman!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DarkRxn(f): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2008
Who is posting obama's pics there? Do you even know what's going on under his roof? The guy could be beating her black and blue for all we know.
Why do you think her face looks like that?

@topic
Since more Nigerian men are complaining about Nigerian women, why can't they go and marry them? shior
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tope2000(f): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

my opinion matters but the final decison rests on his shoulders as the head of the house and what he says goes.  There can not be two heads, one person has to be responsible for those things, at least that is how i was raised and how i function now.  When the shit hits the fan he has to fix it too, so with that power comes responsibility and a real man wont buck under that presure but will welcome it.

You spoke well
I completely agree esp wit ones in bold
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

the ones have ive spoken with,aint interested in marriage undecided

Simple. They've given up! Guys are getting smarter in filtering out those women who are not wifey types.

They should remain single so guys can concentrate on those who are interested in living in up to that dream.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
sistawoman:

I would never ever expect my husband to serve vistors that come into our home, i would feel embarrassed
and would for sure chop off his head in private if he ever stepped into my terrorty to do that.

[size=13pt]Good for you, abi whateva rock your boat jare, so enjoy lipsrsealed

[/size]

DavidDylan:

limit to what? Abeg be submissive to your husband joo before you start claiming "In Jesus name".
[size=13pt]hehehe maybe in the next life tongue[/size]

sillyboy:

What if a compromise is not reached?. . . .does that mean the decision should be left undecided?

The funny thing is that when the "left behinds" realise that they are almost "left behind" they now start to do what they should have done in the first place in desperation. Most of them now end up with low-life guys. Start cleaning up pews in churches and keep disturbing their pastors undecided. . . . .shior!

[size=13pt]Oh come on, we have to reach a decision no matter what happens wink

Too bad for the ladies that ended up with the low-life men grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
see them ,all u men especially u men wt traces of "igbohood" in u grin una too like respect from women,haba
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by agaba123(m): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
Sistawoman

I dig your contributions on this topic.
Big ups
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2008
Dark_Rxn:

Who is posting obama's pics there? Do you even know what's going on under his roof? The guy could be beating her black and blue for all we know.

@topic
Since more Nigerian men are complaining about Nigerian women, why can't they go and marry them? shior
[size=13pt]True talk[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2008
All we are saying is that not even two Ivy league degrees should not make any wife-material to shirk her wifely duties, talk less of all those RNs disrespecting well-educated and responsible brothers

Just looking at Michelle's face, any idiot can tell she's running things in their household. There are a number of clips of Obama being corny with her rolling herself and telling him to 'sharrap". wonder if you can take that Richy

and I don't know why you are celebrating a wife helping her husband carry things. who(man or woman) would have a problem with such?

You guys exaggerate too much

like hens.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2008
Dark_Rxn:

@topic

Commoooooon. Barack the gentleman would not lay a finger on Michelle.

All I'm saying in those posts is that black women should seek better role models like Michelle Obama and sistwoman instead of people like Oprah Winfrey and Beyonce (I give her marriage four years - by 2012 she'll be single again; she's definitely not a wifey type).
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2008

There's also the fact that 70% of them are in jail
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DarkRxn(f): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

Just looking at Michelle's face, any idiot can tell she's running things in their household.

and I don't know why you are celebrating a wife helping her husband carry things. who(man or woman) would have a problem with such?

You guys exaggerate too much

like hens.
Exactly. . . . .

And no woman would respect a man who does not respect himself. Respect respect, no woman has a problem with respecting her husband, as long as he doesn't drag her down.

Let me say, I'll never respect a man who does not respect me.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

and Beyonce (I give her marriage four years - by 2012 she'll be single again; she's definitely not a wifey type).

Reason?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by agaba123(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2008
TrooE
You cannot reach agreement in everything. Somehow someone has to compromise for peace to rain.
I am not saying it has to be woman but i do not that women has a better capability to give in if they are not out of this world than the man with inborn ego problem.

The best way to handle a man is to take in the analytical input of the man which he naturally has and mix with her passionate input to get a product.
I am not saying women are not analytical.
This is only possible for a woman of understanding dealing with a reasonable man though
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2008
agaba123:

Sistawoman

I dig your contributions on this topic.
Big ups

Thanks

I love love love being his wife.  And having had been married before to a spineless man who could not find his way out of a paperbag and having to carry the weight of a family on my shoulders for 18 years I was more than happy to turn that over to him and give him that weight.

What i do for him, that may seem submissive and slave like to others, is done out of love and respect for him.  I love to see his smile as i bring him his plate and glass of wine.  I love to hear him say my shirts are always ironed and hanging perfectly thank you iyawo you spoil me.  I love to hear him brag to his friends about what a great wife, cook, mother i am and how lucky he is to have me.  

There are so many rewards for the things i do for him that it makes doing it so effortless and easy.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DarkRxn(f): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Commoooooon. Barack the gentleman would not lay a finger on Michelle.

All I'm saying in those posts is that black women should seek better role models like Michelle Obama and sistwoman instead of people like Oprah Winfrey and Beyonce (I give her marriage four years - by 2012 she'll be single again; she's definitely not a wifey type).
Somehow, I respect beyonce for sticking with her man, when others have gone through 5 or more.

Barack is a gentleman, have you lived with him? Have you spoken to him? Things are not always what they seems.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

Reason?

You're still asking for reason. Jay-Z is just having fun. When Beyonce will start her foolishness, he'll just let her be and go hang out with Rihanna. Who has time for nonsense?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:09pm On Nov 19, 2008
Dark_Rxn:

Somehow, I respect beyonce for sticking with her man, when others have gone through 5 or more.

Barack is a gentleman, have you lived with him? Have you spoken to him? Things are not always what they seems.

See me see trouble o! Are you now attacking the most popular man in the world now because he is a brother?

You black women!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DarkRxn(f): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2008
Rihanna that has C.B? shocked
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by sistawoman: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

See me see trouble o! Are you now attacking the most popular man in the world now because he is a brother?

You black women!

Richy,

I have to agree with her, one can never really know what happens behind closed doors.

i had a friend whos father was loving and supportive and everyone thought he was perfect.  Behind close doors he beat the hell out them kids and beat on her mom as well.

Every closed eye is not sleeping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Kenyan Single Mother Of 3 Looking For A White Husband Displays Placard (Photos) / Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.