Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (26603 Views)

See What The Colonial Masters Force Black Ladies To Do (pics) / Black Ladies , How Do You Cope ? / Things To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

@ trooe, you have more time that I do.

What rubbish am I reading on this thread? I always tell anyone that cares to listen that I'm a feminist. Submission is not a word in my dictionary. Compromise is more like it. How can my husband tell me to go and do something and I will act like a mugun and do it regardless of whether it's senseless or not? No man wants a doormat for a wife. Any man who wants that is a complete coward. It's better to have a woman who is not afraid to have and voice her own opinions.

As for cooking, we will compromise on that. I have no problem feeding my husband till his stomach pops out. My problem lies in the fact that he won't appreciate it or think it's my job to do it. Don't get me wrong. I will cater to my man but the feminist in me will also realize that I need to be catered to once in a while too.
If a man can put his career over his family because he feels that his wife is holding things down at home, who's the real boss of the house?
If any of you cared to listen, Obama praises Michelle like there's no tomorrow. I have never heard more adoration in a man's voice. Michelle is a strong woman and she's not a slave to him like most Nigerian men would want us to be. Most of you need to listen to what the man says about Michelle before you start calling her submissive all because she's carrying a flower.

You need to start a new website - www.hotair.org  grin

When you get married please type this and give ur husband, tell us the results.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

You need to start a new website - www.hotair.org grin

When you get married please type this and give ur husband, tell us the results.
LOL! I don't blame you. My husband won't mind. I know. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

what a terrible name grin grin grin grin

See coal tar road calling shine-shine bo-bo black. grin

You just can't compare strong, mighty, powerful RichyBlack to small, tiny, teenybopper, lowly whatever90. grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

KarmaMod,

I'm waiting for you to get married first na grin.

What's the hurry? I'm considering a workable scheme to get me four wives at once. Here in Somalia, the women appreciate my moderate view (some guys shoot for six wives). My fiance is even okay with it. Don't worry, everything is being worked out grin grin.

You're 20 yrs older than me.

Better start your life else you will be like those men who are already using a cane when the kid is done with highschool not to talk of college

afi 4 wives naa. alajenu.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2008
Make una go marry first jare . . . too much argument.

See small girls dey claim feminist.  grin If dem see trouble now na under bed you go find them.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

You're 20 years older than me.

Better start your life else you will be like those men who are already using a cane when the kid is done with highschool not to talk of college

afi 4 wives naa. alajenu.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

See coal tar road calling shine-shine bo-bo black. grin

You just can't compare strong, mighty, powerful RichyBlack to small, tiny, teenybopper, lowly whatever90. grin

ok,drink cold water,because u r heading for heart attack soon,karma please release him ejoooo,u r making him work his tiny brain out undecided
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2008
DavidDylan:

Make una go marry first jare . . . too much argument.

See small girls dey claim feminist. grin If them see trouble now na under bed you go find them.
When I get married, I'll let you know what's up. Don't worry.
My feminist buddy is not here. You would have seen the real meaning of feminist today.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

LOL! I don't blame you. My husband won't mind. I know. cheesy cheesy

that husband you've been creating in ur sweet dreams abi? U too like sleep . . . wake up.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

What rubbish am I reading on this thread? I always tell anyone that cares to listen that I'm a feminist. Submission is not a word in my dictionary. Compromise is more like it. How can my husband tell me to go and do something and I will act like a mugun and do it regardless of whether it's senseless or not? No man wants a doormat for a wife. Any man who wants that is a complete coward. It's better to have a woman who is not afraid to have and voice her own opinions.

As for cooking, we will compromise on that. I have no problem feeding my husband till his stomach pops out. My problem lies in the fact that he won't appreciate it or think it's my job to do it. Don't get me wrong. I will cater to my man but the feminist in me will also realize that I need to be catered to once in a while too.
If a man can put his career over his family because he feels that his wife is holding things down at home, who's the real boss of the house?
If any of you cared to listen, Obama praises Michelle like there's no tomorrow. I have never heard more adoration in a man's voice. Michelle is a strong woman and she's not a slave to him like most Nigerian men would want us to be. Most of you need to listen to what the man says about Michelle before you start calling her submissive all because she's carrying a flower.

The problem may be English o. Some people don't know the meaning of the word "slave", hence they throw it around trying to scare impressionable young ladies.

There is nothing slavish about respecting and submitting to your husband!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

The problem may be English o. Some people don't know the meaning of the word "slave", hence they throw it around trying to scare impressionable young ladies.

dont mind J-girl, she must have followed India's new rocket to the moon.

No be dis planet she dey.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

[size=13pt]2day na my relaxation day jare, if not i won't be online.
babe you too much, 100% correct, no be that nonsense Sista dey yawn
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2008
Women wouldnt be bothered so much by the word "submissive" if guys didnt take advantage of it

It's as simple as that.

Thread is officially boring
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

There is nothing slavish about respecting and submitting to my husband, I agree. However, the definition of submission in a naija guy's dictionary is him ruling her life. If you think I'm lying, ask the naija guys here what they think submission is.
tRoOE:

[/size]
Sista is in serious love. What else will she say?
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by DavidDylan(m): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[/size]

Dreamland.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

There is nothing slavish about respecting and submitting to my husband, I agree. However, the definition of submission in a naija guy's dictionary is him ruling her life. If you think I'm lying, ask the naija guys here what they think submission is. Sista is in serious love. What else will she say?
[size=13pt]Are you sure nah love, maybe the guy use juju lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, the AA I know that are married to Naija do not submit like that

@David
Dreams does come through
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:
Sista is in serious love. What else will she say?

blive me,im tired of reading the sermons dat comes with that love.sermons and praises that might end one day,after the tenure is over
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by Sauron1: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2008

Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single?

Intransigence!!!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by KarmaMod(f): 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2008
tenure abi when the greencard finally comes in the mail for mr Akure-Anambra
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

blive me,I'm tired of reading the sermons that comes with that love.sermons and praises that might end one day,after the tenure is over
LOL! You sef? I thought it was only me sha. She makes these guys feel like they are the ish. See all of them praising her.
tRoOE:

Are you sure nah love, maybe the guy use juju lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, the AA I know that are married to Naija do not submit like that
I don't even know. As far as I'm sure of, it must be deep love.

Kai! KarmaMod has taken it a step further. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[/size]

Siddon dia. Berra shange before you go clock 50 still dey single grin
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by H2O2: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
J-girl and her insecurities.  If you honor and respect yourself, who's to say the husband you marry won't do the same?
It's not like you plan on marrying a heartless man whose goal is to devour you in your relationship.
Confused christian.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

ehen naaa,we all know d man married her only for green card,so let her keep quiet ojare,love ko love ni,she go come dey talk like say na real marriage
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2008
H2O2:

J-girl and her insecurities.  If you honor and respect yourself, who's to say the husband you marry won't do the same?
It's not like you plan on marrying a heartless man whose goal is to devour you in your relationship.
Confused christian.

Don't mind her!
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2008
j-girl:

LOL! You sef? I thought it was only me sha. She makes these guys feel like they are the ish. See all of them praising her.I don't even know. As far as I'm

let them continue praising her and her contract marriage
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Siddon dia. Berra shange before you go clock 50 still dey single grin
[size=13pt]ahahah single ke grin grin

@jgirl
serious love no be small thing, grin
[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2008
You girls are horrible. So, because sistawoman is not as angry and depressed as you all, you've resorted to abusing her? You all should be ashamed of doing this to one of your own just because she has the common sense many of you lack.
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by tRoOE(f): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]you girls are so mean ohhhhhh[/size]
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by spikedcylinder: 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

blive me,I'm tired of reading the sermons that comes with that love.sermons and praises that might end one day,after the tenure is over

KarmaMod:

shocked shocked
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by chika98: 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
What is this thread about??
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by whatever90(f): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You girls are horrible. So, because sistawoman is not as angry and depressed as you all, you've resorted to abusing her? You all should be ashamed of doing this to one of your own just because she has the common sense many of you lack.

if u get married,whos goning to be d man?u or ur wife?i think its ur wife,cos u act like a woman

tRoOE:

[size=13pt]you girls are so mean ohhhhhh[/size]

there is nothing like being mean,i just said it now,cos so many men here r always telling us to copy from her marriage,i cant copy from a contract marriage,i only do real ones

harsh?im not ,just stating fact here
Re: Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? by jgirl3: 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
H2O2:

J-girl and her insecurities. If you honor and respect yourself, who's to say the husband you marry won't do the same?
Confused christian.
H2O2, you have come again! I will not marry a heartless man for sure but I refuse to let my husband use me as a doormat. Which one is confused christian again? Who told you I'm a christian? My faith has nothing to do with this because I will not use the word "submit" to refer to what I do to my husband. Naija men don't know the meaning of submission. My husband will understand better hopefully.

LOL - Trooe stop hating jare!

whatever90:

let them continue praising her and her contract marriage
KAI!
RichyBlacK:

We are not abusing her. Common sense we lack? Did you read her posts at all? Making it seem like we were a bunch of troublesome girls just looking to fight with our husbands no matter what. Obviously, she is talking like that because she thinks all naija men are like her husband.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

20 Things To Start Doing In Your Relationships / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her? / Ladies: What Do You Do When Your Crush Doesn't Start A Chat(dm) Properly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.