Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Wolverine Actor, Hugh Jackman Treated For Cancer For The Third Time Withi A Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wolverine Actor, Hugh Jackman Treated For Cancer For The Third Time Withi A Year (820 Views)

Clarion Chukwura Marries For The Third Time / Hugh Jackman Who Acted Wolverine In X Men Treated For Cancer 3 Times This Year / 86-Year-Old Hugh Hefner Marries 26-Year-Old Crystal Harris. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wolverine Actor, Hugh Jackman Treated For Cancer For The Third Time Withi A Year by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2014
The Australian, 46, previously underwent treatment for potentially disfiguring basal cell carcinoma in November 2013 and in May this year.

Hugh Jackman has been diagnosed and treated for basal cell carcinoma for the third time this year, his spokesperson has confirmed.

A representative for the Wolverine/Les Misérables actor told E! News that he recently received medical attention for the form of skin cancer, and is “all good” now.

The Australian, 46, previously underwent treatment for basal cell carcinoma (nose cancer) in November 2013. He was treated a second time in May 2014.

On both occasions, the cancerous tissue was removed from his nose.According to the National Institutes of Health, basal cell carcinoma is the most commonly suffered form of cancer in the United States, and is usually entirely treatable.

However, if not swiftly seen to, it can cause disfigurement. Jackman has been vocal in the past about the importance of protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun, which can lead to cell mutations.

On Monday, he posted the following on Instagram: ”I’m realistic about the future and it’s more than likely that I’ll have at least one more but probably many more, which is not uncommon for an Aussie particularly from English stock growing up in Australia where I don’t remember ever being told to put sunscreen on,” he told the Associated Press in May.“But the beauty of this is it’s all preventable, it’s just about getting proper check-ups. I can be typical man, a little lazy, I couldn’t be bothered and now I’m not lazy at all.”
Re: Wolverine Actor, Hugh Jackman Treated For Cancer For The Third Time Withi A Year by kelvinpilot: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2014
I thought he was the so called wolvering who heals rapidly
Re: Wolverine Actor, Hugh Jackman Treated For Cancer For The Third Time Withi A Year by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:01am On Oct 31, 2014
kelvinpilot:
I thought he was the so called wolvering who heals rapidly

The irony of life, no? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pop Africa’s Personality Of The Month: Genevieve Nnaji / 2face Idibia’s Mom Attacked With Stones At Her Husband’s Burial! / In Pictures : 2face Idibia Goes Romantic For Annie's 30th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.