Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa (1270 Views)

14 African Countries Forced By France To Pay Colonial Tax / Zambia's Scott Becomes Africa's First White Leader In 20 Years / Beautiful Pre-colonial African Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by mralabs(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Trust most Nigerians take on this will be; 'Recolonisation begins' but what if he turns Zambia to Dubai in 6 Months? Let the debate begin.

Guy Scott, previously vice president under the recently deceased former Zambian President, Michael Sata, 77, has officially been appointed as Acting President of Zambia.

President Scott is now the first white president of any African nation since Former President FW de Klerk conceded power to Nelson Mandela in 1994. He had presided over several official functions in the absence of Former President Sata, but was never appointed acting president until earlier today.

Former President Sata died late on Tuesday in a London hospital after a long bout of illness.  

President Scott will now look to complete the last 3 months of Former President Sata’s term. However, it is unlikely that he will be eligible for the coming round of elections due to constitutional stipulations affecting his citizenship.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29816559

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/29/zambia’s-president-guy-scott-becomes-first-white-president-post-colonial-africa#.VFEJba_xa2Y.twitter

Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by rinrin23(f): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2014
mralabs:
Trust most Nigerians take on this will be; 'Recolonisation begins' but what if he turns Zambia to Dubai in 6 Months? Let the debate begin.

Guy Scott, previously vice president under the recently deceased former Zambian President, Michael Sata, 77, has officially been appointed as Acting President of Zambia.

President Scott is now the first white president of any African nation since Former President FW de Klerk conceded power to Nelson Mandela in 1994. He had presided over several official functions in the absence of Former President Sata, but was never appointed acting president until earlier today.

Former President Sata died late on Tuesday in a London hospital after a long bout of illness.  

President Scott will now look to complete the last 3 months of Former President Sata’s term. However, it is unlikely that he will be eligible for the coming round of elections due to constitutional stipulations affecting his citizenship.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29816559

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/10/29/zambia’s-president-guy-scott-becomes-first-white-president-post-colonial-africa#.VFEJba_xa2Y.twitter

Two points.

Firstly I do not see this as a route to 'recolonisation'. Guy Scott also has a background that supports Zambian nationalists; his family was very active in the Zambian anti-colonial movements. As it is unlikely that he will be eligible to contest in the elections I think we can look at this as temporary.

Secondly, what are the basis of you assuming he could 'turn Zambia to Dubai in 6 months'? Are you saying this is only achievable with a white man president or colonisation should take credit for the black man's modernization and therefore is the only route to advancement?

1 Like

Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
He looks like one of my lecturers Prof. Swanepoel cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by KingTom(m): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mondisweets:
He looks like one of my LECTURERS Prof. Swanepoel cheesy grin
Fixed!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
KingTom:

Fixed!!!! grin grin grin
leave me joor tongue angry
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by KingTom(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mondisweets:
hold me joor cheesy smiley
Repaired grin grin grin
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
KingTom:

Repaired grin grin grin
lol u no well cheesy
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by KingTom(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mondisweets:
lol u no well cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
KingTom:

grin grin grin
but its okay... I have enough space for another person on the couch cheesy come lets watch tv grin
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by KingTom(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mondisweets:
but its okay... I have enough space for another person on the couch cheesy come lets watch tv grin
**Sits** Where is my popcorn? grin
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
KingTom:

**Sits** Where is my popcorn? grin
popcorn dey and the jelly tots and soda
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by KingTom(m): 6:25am On Nov 02, 2014
Mondisweets:
popcorn dey and the jelly tots and soda
cheesy
Re: Guy Scott Becomes The First White President Of Post-colonial Africa by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 07, 2014
How did this white man become vice-president? does anybody know.

Yet another African president dies in office?

new president that comes in is usually more loyal to America /CIA / Europeans.

Lets see if he invites in America's IMF and or does deals to give away Zambia resources. The deceased late president seemed to have ran Zambia well.

Lets wait and see.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

World War II Bomb Discovered In Cologne,germany; Thousands Being Evacuated / The Lessons Of History And Of New Frontiers By Sergei Lavrov / Gambia Removes Former President Jammeh’s Image From Bank Notes (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.