Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. (34428 Views)

Cashew Nuts Price Update! / Looking For Exporter To Supply 200MT Of Raw Cashew Nuts / Large Quantity Of Cashew Nuts For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nigerian cashew farmers announce huge 2015 profit

Some cashew farmers on Sunday said they recorded huge sales and made profits from cashew nuts during the 2015 cashew season.The National Cashew Association of Nigeria, NCAN, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Lagos that the current global market trends showed an increase in demand for cashew.The association’s spokesperson, Sotonye Anga, said that this was due to Good Agricultural Practice and improvement introduced to farmers in 2014.“We are glad to witness the prosperity of cashew farmers in Nigeria. It goes a great deal to show that NCAN is working and in collaboration with government and our development partners.“The current global market trends show an increasing and strong demand for cashew and Nigeria will continue to deliver its quota and remain relevant in the cashew world.

“I therefore, urge our cashew farmers nationwide to be serious with the cashew business and be committed to GAP and quality improvement protocols so as to get the cash in cashew.“It is obvious that local cashew farming and processing holds a great potential for national economic growth, development, employment creation and better income for farmers in rural areas,” he said.According to Mr. Anga, with little more steps to support the sub-sector by the Federal Government, cashew will soon become the number one cash crop in Nigeria.He said, “We hope to do much more for the cashew sector and create more prosperity for our cashew farmers, cashew processors, traders and exporters.’’Mr. Anga said that Africa produced over 50 per cent of the world’s cashew and Nigeria was among the top three largest cashew producers in Africa.

He said about 400,000 hectares of land was being used for cashew production across the country.Mr. Anga, however, noted that Nigeria’s annual yield per hectare was low because the nation’s current annual production stood at 150,000 tonnes of raw cashew nuts.He said the association was moving forward by rejuvenating cashew plantations and increasing the area of land under cashew production in Nigeria.He said the recent successes of cashew farmers in some parts of Kogi State had further encouraged the association to continue its drive to empower cashew farmers nationwide.He said cashew farmers were already clearing their farms for the 2016 season.Some cashew farmers in Umoni Village, Ofu Local Government Area in Kogi said on telephone that they were happy with the development as their lives had become better.A cashew farmer, Samuel Haruna, said he was able to roof his family house with the sales he recorded from the 2015 cashew season.Mr. Haruna, who had been in the cashew business for more than 20 years, said he never really made profit from selling raw cashew nuts as much as he made in 2015 season.

“I was able to buy 14 bundles of roofing zinc to roof my family house. I have been involved in cashew farming for 20years and I never had it this good.“This 2015 cashew season was really good for me and for my people, I realised good money from the sale of cashew.“We cashew farmers from Umoni village are very happy; we are pleased with the activities of NCAN and all the efforts at improving cashew farmer’s livelihood.“This year I made good money from my cashew farm for the first time. Not just me but other cashew farmers made good money too,” he said.A 30-year-old cashew farmer, Joel Thomas, said that he bought a jeep from the sale of cashew recently.Another cashew farmer, also from Umoni Village, Ibrahima Sule, said he bought a Toyota car from the sale of cashew in 2015.A 35-year-old, Isaac Idanyi, said he was able to build a four-bedroom flat from the sale of cashew nuts.

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lanre2009: 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
lomzy1:
Nigerian cashew farmers announce huge 2015 profit

Some cashew farmers on Sunday said they recorded huge sales and made profits from cashew nuts during the 2015 cashew season.The National Cashew Association of Nigeria, NCAN, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Lagos that the current global market trends showed an increase in demand for cashew.The association’s spokesperson, Sotonye Anga, said that this was due to Good Agricultural Practice and improvement introduced to farmers in 2014.“We are glad to witness the prosperity of cashew farmers in Nigeria. It goes a great deal to show that NCAN is working and in collaboration with government and our development partners.“The current global market trends show an increasing and strong demand for cashew and Nigeria will continue to deliver its quota and remain relevant in the cashew world.

“I therefore, urge our cashew farmers nationwide to be serious with the cashew business and be committed to GAP and quality improvement protocols so as to get the cash in cashew.“It is obvious that local cashew farming and processing holds a great potential for national economic growth, development, employment creation and better income for farmers in rural areas,” he said.According to Mr. Anga, with little more steps to support the sub-sector by the Federal Government, cashew will soon become the number one cash crop in Nigeria.He said, “We hope to do much more for the cashew sector and create more prosperity for our cashew farmers, cashew processors, traders and exporters.’’Mr. Anga said that Africa produced over 50 per cent of the world’s cashew and Nigeria was among the top three largest cashew producers in Africa.

He said about 400,000 hectares of land was being used for cashew production across the country.Mr. Anga, however, noted that Nigeria’s annual yield per hectare was low because the nation’s current annual production stood at 150,000 tonnes of raw cashew nuts.He said the association was moving forward by rejuvenating cashew plantations and increasing the area of land under cashew production in Nigeria.He said the recent successes of cashew farmers in some parts of Kogi State had further encouraged the association to continue its drive to empower cashew farmers nationwide.He said cashew farmers were already clearing their farms for the 2016 season.Some cashew farmers in Umoni Village, Ofu Local Government Area in Kogi said on telephone that they were happy with the development as their lives had become better.A cashew farmer, Samuel Haruna, said he was able to roof his family house with the sales he recorded from the 2015 cashew season.Mr. Haruna, who had been in the cashew business for more than 20 years, said he never really made profit from selling raw cashew nuts as much as he made in 2015 season.

“I was able to buy 14 bundles of roofing zinc to roof my family house. I have been involved in cashew farming for 20years and I never had it this good.“This 2015 cashew season was really good for me and for my people, I realised good money from the sale of cashew.“We cashew farmers from Umoni village are very happy; we are pleased with the activities of NCAN and all the efforts at improving cashew farmer’s livelihood.“This year I made good money from my cashew farm for the first time. Not just me but other cashew farmers made good money too,” he said.A 30-year-old cashew farmer, Joel Thomas, said that he bought a jeep from the sale of cashew recently.Another cashew farmer, also from Umoni Village, Ibrahima Sule, said he bought a Toyota car from the sale of cashew in 2015.A 35-year-old, Isaac Idanyi, said he was able to build a four-bedroom flat from the sale of cashew nuts.

Do you know anywhere I can get processed cashew nuts (the type in the second picture) around Oyo State
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by ogb5(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good information on this thread. Op nice work

What do they do with the fleshy part of the cashew fruit.

I believe someone can extract fruit juice from it.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Glare247(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2015
hello boss,i need step to step procedures on how to set up a cashew farm in ilorin,or do u have any farmer u can link me up in kwara?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
lanre2009:

Do you know anywhere I can get processed cashew nuts (the type in the second picture) around Oyo State
OLAM in ogbondoko, ilorin (kwara state)
and
Abodsuccess
Abodsuccess@yahoo.com
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
ogb5:
Good information on this thread. Op nice work

What do they do with the fleshy part of the cashew fruit.

I believe someone can extract fruit juice from it.

The cashew apple, also called cashew fruit, is the fleshy part of the cashew fruit that is attached to the cashew nut. The top end of the cashew apple is attached to the stem that comes off the tree. The bottom end of the cashew apple attaches to the cashew nut, whichis encased in a shell. In botanical terms, the cashew apple is an accessory fruit that grows on the cashew seed (which is the nut).

The cashew apple is a soft fruit, rich in nutrients, and contains five times more vitamin C than an orange. It is eaten fresh, cooked in curries, or fermented into vinegar, as well as an alcoholic drink. It is also used to make preserves, chutneys, and jams in some countries such as India and Brazil. In many countries, particularly in South America, the cashew apple is used to flavor drinks, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic.

Cashew nuts are more popular than cashew apples in the many parts of the world that do not grow cashews, because the fruit, unlike the nut, is difficult to transport. Unlike cashew nuts, cashew apples are extremely soft and easily bruised in shipment. For this reason, cashew juice and cashew juice concentrate are often shipped to these nonlocal countries instead of the fresh fruit.

Cashew apples have a sweet but astringent taste. This astringency has been traced to the waxy layer on the skin that contains a chemical, urushiol, which can cause minor skin irritation to areas that have had contact with it. It is almost identical to the astringency caused by the skin of a mango, which also contains urushiol. The astringency from mango skin ccan be mildly tasted in the flesh of mango fruit, just as the astringency of cashew apple skin can be mildly tasted in the flesh of cashew apples. In cultures that consume cashew apples, this astringency is sometimes removed by steaming the fruit for five minutes before washing it in cold water; alternatively, boiling the fruit in salt water for five minutes or soaking it in gelatin solution also reduces the astringency.

In Goa, india, the cashew apple (the accessory fruit) is mashed and the juice extracted and kept for fermentation for a few days. Fermented juice then undergoes a double distillation process. The resulting beverage is called feni or fenny. Feni is about 40-42% alcohol. The single-distilled version is called urrac, which is about 15% alcohol.

In the southern region of Mtwara, Tanzania, the cashew apple (bibo in Swahili) is dried and saved. Later it is reconstituted with water and fermented, then distilled to make a strong liquor often referred to by the generic name, gongo.

In Mozambique, cashew farmers commonly make a strong liquor from the cashew apple, agua ardente (burning water).

According to one source,[25] an alcohol had been distilled in the early 20th century from the juice of the fruit, and was manufactured in the West Indies.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Glare247:
hello boss,i need step to step procedures on how to set up a cashew farm in ilorin,or do u have any farmer u can link me up in kwara?
How many hectares of land do you have sir? Kwara state is a good source of cashew. The soil is very good for cashew plantation.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Josh121(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Does cashew have any disease if it does what are the steps to prevent it , but about get a LAND at ogbomosho . I want know between oil palm plantation and cashew which is more less risk ?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Josh121:
Does cashew have any disease if it does what are the steps to prevent it , but about get a LAND at ogbomosho . I want know between oil palm plantation and cashew which is more less risk ?
Yes cashew trees and cashew fruits have its own diseases. But they can be easily controlled and managed by using pesticides. Most of these pesticides are available in the market or farmer's stores.

Ogbomosho is the best place for cashew farming in Nigeria, ogbomosho produces the best quality of cashew nuts in Nigeria, same can be also be said for mango.
The land and soil is very good for cashew plantation.

See some cashew diseases, symptons, causes and how to manage them below.

Common Pests and Diseases of cashew.

Anthracnose
Colletotrichum gloeosporoides

Symptoms
Water-soaked lesions on leaves, twigs, flowers or young apples which develop into orange-brown or red lesions;
Cause
Fungus
Comments
Disease emergence favored by rainfall and high humidity
Management
A protective coating of copper-based fungicide on susceptible parts of plant can prevent the disease; fungicide should be applied when buds begin to expand through to fruit set but are not required during dry periods
Black mould
Pilgeriella anacardii

Symptoms
Chlorotic spots on upper surface of leaves which spread to lower surface as infection progresses; dark-brown to black fungal patches on leaves; leaves shrivelling and dropping from plant
Cause
Fungus
Comments
Damage most severe on dwarf cashew varieties
Angular leaf spot
Septoria anacardii

Symptoms
Angular cream colored lesions with dark-brown margins on leaves of seedlings; angular black lesions with chlorotic halos on mature trees; defoliated seedlings
Cause
Fungus
Comments
Some dwarf types of cashew are resistant to this disease; disease is widespread in cashew growing regions of Brazil
Management
Currently no control measures are used
Helopeltis bugs
Helopeltis schoutedeni
Helopeltis anacardii

Symptoms
Deformed leaves with angular lesions along veins; leaves may drop from plant; elongated green lesions on young shoots which may exude gummy substance; dieback of shoots
Cause
Insects
Comments
Helopeltis bugs are slender with long legs and antennae; antennae twice as long as body; females are red; males brown; nymphs are yellowish in color
Management
Monitor crop regularly for signs of damage; conserve populations of natural enemies, weaver ants can reduce populations; avoid interplanting cashew with other crops which are hosts for helopeltis bugs such as tea and cotton
Coconut bug
Pseudotheraptus wayi

Symptoms
Necrotic lesions on fruit which develop into hard lumps; pockmarks of fruit; spotting on kernels
Cause
Insect
Comments
Adults are red-brown in color; nymphs are red-brown to green in color
Management
Conserve natural enemies by avoiding unnecessary applications of insecticides
Cashew weevil
Mecicorynus loripes

Symptoms
Brown-black gummy frass (insect excrement) on trunk and branches; girdling of branches; plants dying
Cause
Insect
Comments
Adults large and gray-brown with knobbly appearance; larvae legless grubs which are white with a brown head
Management
Remove bark from infested areas and destroy any larvae or pupae found, this process should be repeated every month for up to six months; severely infested trees should be removed and destroyed; remove all adult weevils from tree prior to destruction and also remove bark and kill all larvae and pupae

Pests and Diseases of Cashew

Pests of Cashew:

Amongst various; pests- damaging cashew, the- major ones are Tea Mosquito, stem and Root Borer, Leaf Miner and Leaf and' Blossom Webber.

Tea Mosquite(Helopaltis antonii)

Tea mosquito-is a major pest of cashew and causes more economic loss to the crop than the other pests. The adults and nymphs suck sap from tender shoots, leaves, floral branches, developing nuts and apples. The infested leaves crinckled and dry. Tea mosquito cause crop loss to the extent of 30 - 40%.

The pest can be controlled by spraying 0.05% Monocrotophos, 0.1% Carbaryl, 0.05% Endosulfan at the time of vegetative flush, the second at the time of pamicle emergence and the third at the time of fruit setting. Stem and Root Borer (Plocaederus ferrugincus).

This is a dreaded eney of cashew causing death of the affected tree. The incidence of the pest was about 10%.

For the control of stem and root borer early detection of incidence is very important. The earlier attack is defected the more are the chances of effective contorl. Dead trees and those which are beyond recovery should be removed from the plantation. The affected bark should be removed along with the grubs and then swabbing with Lindane solution is done. The treatment cutting trees at pophylactic treatment for stem and root borer.

Other Diseases of Cashew:

1. Die Back or Pink Disease

Disease is caused by Corticium salmonicolor: The affected branches initially, show white patches on the bark and a film of silky thread mycelium develops on the branches during monsoon. Later, me. fungus develop pinkish" growth. In due course, the bark splits and peels off and the affected shoots starts drying up from the tip.

This disease can be controlled by the pruning of the affected branches below the spot of infection and destroying them, protecting the cut surface by application of Bordeaux paste and spraying of Bordeaux mixture 1% twice in May - June before the onset of South West monsoon and the second in October.

2. Damping Off of Seedling:

Under conditions of poor drainage in the nursery, the disease occurs. It is caused due toPusariumsp,Pyihiumsp,Phyiophtora palmivora and Cylindrocladium scoparium.The fungi attack either on the root or the collar region or both of the seedlings.

It can be controlled by provision of adequate drainage in the nursery and drenching the beds/polybags with0.1 % Cersen, Bordeaux mixture 1%, Diathane - M-45 0.25% or Feltef 0.1%.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 12:30am On Nov 27, 2015
Get ready for 2016 season..... Loading.....

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by funso111: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
lomzy1:
CASHEW NUTS TRADING.. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

CASHEW NUT is an agro export crop. Though active to South America, it is cultivated in some parts of West, Middlebelt and Eastern Nigeria. Areas like Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo, Anyigba, Enugu, Lafia, Keffi etc.
The cashew nut tree is mostly cultivated for its nuts: the raw cashew nut is gray in color with about 3mm thick shell, inside this shell is the edible kernel covered by a light brown skin. It is either exported as raw cashew nut, i.e. in-shell or as processed cashew nut kernel ispecial packaging.pls can u post or number I want to start this cashew business
Most raw cashew nut is exported to India and
Vietnam while the processed cashew kernel is
exported to Europe and America being the largest consumer in the world.
The crop season in Nigeria is from February - May. But trading is usually all year round, some traders usually store the raw cashew nuts and sell when it is out of season and scarce.

HANDLING.
A raw cashew nut that looks good on the outside may have bad kernel inside. The yield of the kernels, percentage of defective, average size of the nuts and moisture content are used to determine the quality of the nuts, which usually determines the price a buyer may offer for any raw cashew nut.
Hence effort should be made to improve or
conserve the expected good quality derived from proper handling.

THE FOLLOWING GOOD PRACTISE CAN HELP TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF CASHEW NUTS.

Do not harvest or pluck unripe cashew nuts because the kernel may be shriveled or immature. Hence, only mature and ripe cashew nuts should be harvested and this be done daily.

Do not let the nuts remain on the ground for more than a day before gathering to avoid long contact with soil moisture, sprouting and deterioration e.g. decay.

Sundry the harvested nuts as soon as possible for two or three days depending on the intensity of the sun.

Sundry on a clean surface and should be lightly spread (not higher than 3 inches) and turned regularly to allow uniform dryness.

Do not expose dry cashew nuts to moisture. This is a major requirement for agricultural commodities.

Use only jute bags to bag raw cashew nuts.
Do not heap it un-bagged or in plastic containers to avoid deterioration especially if not properly dried.

Do not bag it in poly-propylene bags.

QUALITY STANDARD.
Cashew nuts meant for export must be thoroughly dry and reasonably free from extraneous matter such as sticks, stalks and other vegetable matter other than cashew nuts. It must also be free from stones.

Total impurities (stones, sticks, stalks and other
vegetable matter) shall not exceed 0.5% of 1kg
sample analyzed.
NUT COUNTS:
170 – 180 ……………….. EXCELLENT
181 – 190 ……………….. VERY GOOD
191 – 200 ……………….. GOOD
201 – 210 ……………….. MIDDLE
211 – 220 ………………. LOW MIDDLE
221 – 230 ………………. LIMIT ACCEPTABLE
ABOVE 230 ………………. POOR.
Note: 170 – 210 nut count is usually the benchmark for exporting raw cashew nuts. But some importers may not be willing to buy RCN that is above 200 nut counts.
In Nigeria, the nut count per 1kg sample varies from zone to zone. While zones like Ogbomosho has between 170 and 180/185, kogi – 190 to 205/210, ondo – 190 to 205/210, Ilorin – 190 to 205, lafia/keffi
– 200 to 210, etc.

MOISTURE.
Exportable quality shall not be more than 10%. You have to make sure the raw cashew nuts are properly sundried and the moisture content must be properly analyzed.

KERNEL OUT-TURN RATION (KOR)
It is the quality of good nut we get from 80kg of raw cashew nuts. The count is in pound per 80kg.
KOR REMARK
48 – 55 EXCELLENT
45 – 47 GOOD
40 – 44 AVERAGE
BELOW 40 LOW/POOR

DEFECTIVES
Diseased or mouldy – shall include all nuts which when cut reveal the presence of fungi growth or a milky patch or a spread of brown or black spot on the split kernel. This is often caused by high moisture for several days prior to proper dryings, wrong packing and
improper storage.

BROWN RANCID ROTTEN (BRR) – shall include all brown, rancid, rotten and discolored kernels which are light yellowish in color. This is caused by similar factors listed above.

VOID – these are nuts which show absence of
kernel, emptiness or absence of a kernel of useful size. This is probably caused by natural
malformation.

IMMATURE/SHRIVELED – shall include all nuts which when cut contain space between the kernel and the shell, shrink or contain kernel that is not fully developed. This is caused by harvesting immature nuts.

SPOTTED – shall include all nuts which show the presence of a black or brown spot on the kernel.
This is caused by insect bite at the early stages of the development of the nuts.

INSECT DAMAGE (WEEVILLED) – shall include all cashew nuts which when cut show a state of insect attack or weevilled or presence of bead-like or powdery particles. Poor storage condition is responsible for this.

CHECK TEST FOR QUALITY
Carrying out a quality check test on cashew nuts like every other agricultural export produce begins with proper sampling. Samples shall be drawn from not less than 30% of consignment, sample shall be
properly mixed, reduced and from which 1kg
sample is drawn for analysis which include
moisture, nut count, defectives and finally KOR.

QUALITY IMPROVEMENT METHODS:
The quality of a bad cashew nut consignment can be improved by hand picking.

HAND PICKING – means picking or removing all suspected cashew nuts such as very small nuts, light weight nuts apparently rotten, broken or wounded nuts out of the consignment.

MORE TO COME... KEEP FOLLOWING.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2015
2016 season loading....... Pls post your questions and contributions here....
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lanre2009: 11:57am On Dec 07, 2015
lomzy1:
2016 season loading.......
Pls post your questions and contributions here....

Hi, I would like to know if you have/know any source within Oyo or Ogun state where i can purchase semi-processed cashew kernels. please reply asap. Thanks
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
lanre2009:

Hi, I would like to know if you have/know any source within Oyo or Ogun state where i can purchase semi-processed cashew kernels. please reply asap. Thanks

Call 07064821943
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by walejummy: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
hello op, how many years will cashew tree spend before it start producing fruit? secondly a viable one hectare of cashew land can produce how many tons of nut yearly? thirdly how many time does it produce in a year? thanks
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2015
walejummy:
hello op, how many years will cashew tree spend before it start producing fruit? secondly a viable one hectare of cashew land can produce how many tons of nut yearly? thirdly how many time does it produce in a year? thanks
Cashew trees start producing from the 3rd or 4th year.
Cashew crop is seasonal and only comes out from february - may.. Sometimes it comes out in january in some regions. And it also ends in june sometimes.
The crops come out at different times of the season, there's what we call first crop, second crop and sometimes 3rd crop.
First crop usually comes out in january / february or march.
Second crop: mid march - april / may
3rd crop: may - june
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Aghede: 9:55am On Jan 26, 2016
Our Company Masters Energy Commodities Trading Limited, is a subsidiary of Masters Energy Group- A conglomerate with investment in Oil & Gas, Marine/Shipping, Aviation, Financial Services, Insurance, FMCGs etc. Masters Energy Commodities Trading Limited is foraying into exportation of Agro- Allied Products, which include but not Limited to the following; Cassava(Chips, Pellets, Tubers, Flour), Shea Nuts/Shea Butter, Raw Cashew Nuts(RCN), Ginger, Gum Arabic, Yam (Flour, Chips) Dried Hibiscus Flower, etc.

We are desirous of meeting suppliers/ Oversea buyers of the above mention Agro-Allied Products.
You rich the undersigned on 08037448030, 09092373456
www.mastersenergyltd.com

Aghede Ben

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by ishadfurnitures: 11:40am On Jan 26, 2016
We have jute bags for sale in many quantity for yourExportation of Cashew nuts and all other Grains contact 08099212590

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Aare2050(m): 9:19am On Jan 27, 2016
lomzy1:

thanks op

I'm a serving corps member in Enugu state.
I started not long ago, so I stay have a longer time to spend here. meaning I will be here till the end of the cashew season.

before coming for service. I work with cocoa buyers. and I understand how to transact in cocoa very well.

since I got to Enugu state, I've been looking at all possibility of starting business. and I believe cashew is a good choice.

if you can put me through on how to buy and where or who to supply. because I don't want to go to the locals directly.

thanks op
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by mayorisaac: 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
lomzy1:
As individual, where can i sell my cashew nut (low quantity) in ilorin
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2016
mayorisaac:
Pls contact me, I can buy from you.
07064821943, 08023881557

2 Likes

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2016
The National flag off for 2016 Cashew season has been scheduled to hold on the 29th of february, in ilorin, at the kwara state banquet hall.
Time: 9 am prompt.
It has been postponed from 15th.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by hotmas911(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2016
lomzy1:
The National flag off for 2016 Cashew season has been scheduled to hold on the 29th of february, in ilorin, at the kwara state banquet hall.
Time: 9 am prompt.
It has been postponed from 15th.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by tundebabs1(m): 6:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
mayorisaac:

Good day nairalanders, the price of Cashew nut this season has been sky diving.
considering the fact that this just the beginning f the season, I had to refund some people because the contract we had cant be achieved at all.
The price keeps changing on daily basis...can be compared to naira vs usd.
The price range as at today was within 220-255k/MT...in nassarawa.
Please. Let's keep updating ourselves on this platform.
Would love to meet dealers that would be going for the flag off in Ilorin on 29th...
God rescue our economy. Amen.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by ogene70: 6:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
@ op, thanks for the good work.could you kindly state here how many tonnes of raw cashew nut will fill 1 40 foot container and the required documents and inspections, including costs.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by dav8id(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2016
tundebabs1:

considering the fact that this just the beginning f the season, I had to refund some people because the contract we had cant be achieved at all.
Would love to meet dealers that would be going for the flag off in Ilorin on 29th...

Do you have in stock now?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
ogene70:
@ op, thanks for the good work.could you kindly state here how many tonnes of raw cashew nut will fill 1 40 foot container and the required documents and inspections, including costs.
Thanks in advance.
32mt will fill up one 40 ft container.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
No price in ogbomosho for now...
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by mayorisaac: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
tundebabs1:

Good, please always keep us updated
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by tundebabs1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
dav8id:

Do you have in stock now?

Yes we do...but the price keeps increasing
On daily basis.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by tundebabs1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
mayorisaac:

Good, please always keep us updated

Will sure do that...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / Pictures: My Snail Farm / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.