Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. (34444 Views)

Cashew Nuts Price Update! / Looking For Exporter To Supply 200MT Of Raw Cashew Nuts / Large Quantity Of Cashew Nuts For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by mayorisaac: 7:36am On Mar 01, 2016
tundebabs1:

Will sure do that...
please has the current price of cashew nut been decided yet?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by akinvest(m): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2016
Yesterday was flags off, but no update yet
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
I
akinvest:
Yesterday was flags off, but no update yet
Price is not usually announced on flag off day. Flag off day is simply a day officially declared for trading to commence, traders can begin to deliver materials to lagos thereafter..
Why it is synonymous with pricing is because full trading commences afterwards and exporters often release price they would pay for materials and local buying agents also often determine the price they will buy from farms and local markets.
There is no official price for cashew, it is not regulated by government unlike it is done in cote d's voice.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by cousins: 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
So who has 2016 cashew with good KOR and reasonable price. I can take 100mt right away.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by hola106(m): 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
T1000:

How long will it take to deliver to Lagos?
depend on hw serious u take it I hv a ready made market for supply once d resources re available
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by tundebabs1(m): 8:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
mayorisaac:
please has the current price of cashew nut been decided yet?
It wasn't decided at flag off...the conclusion was farmers association and sellers association should have a meeting and conclude on price...hopefully before the end of the week ends. Never the less, transactions are on going, for those that can afford it!

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by mayorisaac: 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
tundebabs1:

It wasn't decided at flag off...the conclusion was farmers association and sellers association should have a meeting and conclude on price...hopefully before the end of the week ends. Never the less, transactions are on going, for those that can afford it!
Thanks for the info sir
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by tundebabs1(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
tundebabs1:

Will sure do that...
@mayorisaac, pls call me, want to make enquiry about your cashew. Thanks.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:04am On Apr 08, 2016
I need cashew nuts in stock only!...load and pay basis only!!...call 08026225888
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by EXPORTFINANCE: 10:12am On Apr 08, 2016
I need cashew nuts in stock only!...load and pay basis only!!...call 08026225888 wattzapp: 08077881934
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by joys4real: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pls where can I get premium quality cashew seeds to plant in my farm. I am talking about the W170-180 grade. I will appreciate it if you could direct me on this. Is it possible to get that quality when planted in Benue state?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by agriexport: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2016
Helloo, house whats the update on cashew nut now...The season is gradually loading right?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Degis(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2016
Following
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
agriexport:

Helloo, house whats the update on cashew nut now...The season is gradually loading right?
Cashew nut is off season now. It is still available though but not in large quantity.
The available quality is also very low and price is high cos it's scarce in the market.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 8:42am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year. Watch out for 2017 cashew nut season.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by emmago(m): 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2017
Please where can I get jute bags?
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Donbabajay12(m): 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
emmago:
Please where can I get jute bags?
Contact me if you need any
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by emmago(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Donbabajay12:

Contact me if you need any
With the number on your signature ba? Lemme buzz you
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Wangerkabal: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
How much
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Wangerkabal: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2017
How much..Kindly state price and location
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by rinzylee(m): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
When is the flag off date. I have order for Grade A 170-200 Nut Count and KOR 48-57 to meet. If you can, I would love to know your price from your site or Lagos for a tonne. I need 500MT for a start. Just sent samples to Lebanon. Results would be out soon

Great work house
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by austino01(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
HELLO FELLOW NAIRALANDER'S WHO ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PIG FARMER AND BECOME A MILLIONAIRE BEFORE THE END OF 2017.
Hi all, My name is Austin am a pig farmer in OYO STATE Nigeria, i live in both U.S and Nigeria and i run a medium TO LARGE pig farm in Nigeria and have decided to help Nigerian youth get out and make millions this 2017. Have created a whats app group that is ongoing now where pig farmers and interested people gain knowledge to start their business, this group is absolutely free of charge so you have nothing to loss but more to gain and you can exist the group anytime you feel. so send me a request @+14042549461 and you will be add to the group remember knowledge is power. 2017 is your year to join the millionaire train. DON'T BE LEFT OUT.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
Please see the contents of the book:

1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2. BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
3. THE PROJECT
4. RESEARCH AND FEASIBILITY STUDY
5. DEMAND AND SUPPLY
6. SUPPLY CHAIN
7. QUALITY
8. RISK
9. PRODUCT LOCATION AND DISTRIBUTION / SOURCES
10. CUSTOMER PROFILE
11. PRIMARY COMPETITION
12. RISK IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION STRATEGY.
13. CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR
14. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
15. PROFIT ANALYSIS AND QUOTATION FOR LOCAL SUPPLY OF RAW CASHEW NUTS.

16. QUOTATION FOR EXPORT OF 30 METRIC TONS OF RAW CASHEW NUTS FROM OGBOMOSHO TO INDIA. VIZAG PORT.
PROFIT ANALYSIS
LENGTH OF TRANSACTION.
17. HOW TO DETERMINE THE QUALITY.
18. THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPORTING CASHEW NUTS.
19. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EXPORT.
20. LOAN REQUIREMENT AND RE PAYMENT PLAN.
21. SWOT ANALYSIS.

07064821943 (whatsapp) .
Email : cashewguru1@gmail.com
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 8:33am On Jul 24, 2017
CASHEW NUTS TRADING.. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

CASHEW NUT is an agro export crop. Though active to South America, it is cultivated in some parts of West, Middlebelt and Eastern Nigeria. Areas like Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo, Anyigba, Enugu, Lafia, Keffi etc.
The cashew nut tree is mostly cultivated for its nuts: the raw cashew nut is gray in color with about 3mm thick shell, inside this shell is the edible kernel covered by a light brown skin. It is either exported as raw cashew nut, i.e. in-shell or as processed cashew nut kernel in special packaging.
Most raw cashew nut is exported to India and
Vietnam while the processed cashew kernel is
exported to Europe and America being the largest consumer in the world.
The crop season in Nigeria is from February - May. But trading is usually all year round, some traders usually store the raw cashew nuts and sell when it is out of season and scarce.

HANDLING.
A raw cashew nut that looks good on the outside may have bad kernel inside. The yield of the kernels, percentage of defective, average size of the nuts and moisture content are used to determine the quality of the nuts, which usually determines the price a buyer may offer for any raw cashew nut.
Hence effort should be made to improve or
conserve the expected good quality derived from proper handling.

THE FOLLOWING GOOD PRACTISE CAN HELP TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF CASHEW NUTS.

Do not harvest or pluck unripe cashew nuts because the kernel may be shriveled or immature. Hence, only mature and ripe cashew nuts should be harvested and this be done daily.

Do not let the nuts remain on the ground for more than a day before gathering to avoid long contact with soil moisture, sprouting and deterioration e.g. decay.

Sundry the harvested nuts as soon as possible for two or three days depending on the intensity of the sun.

Sundry on a clean surface and should be lightly spread (not higher than 3 inches) and turned regularly to allow uniform dryness.

Do not expose dry cashew nuts to moisture. This is a major requirement for agricultural commodities.

Use only jute bags to bag raw cashew nuts.
Do not heap it un-bagged or in plastic containers to avoid deterioration especially if not properly dried.

Do not bag it in poly-propylene bags.

QUALITY STANDARD.
Cashew nuts meant for export must be thoroughly dry and reasonably free from extraneous matter such as sticks, stalks and other vegetable matter other than cashew nuts. It must also be free from stones.

Total impurities (stones, sticks, stalks and other
vegetable matter) shall not exceed 0.5% of 1kg
sample analyzed.
NUT COUNTS:
170 – 180 ……………….. EXCELLENT
181 – 190 ……………….. VERY GOOD
191 – 200 ……………….. GOOD
201 – 210 ……………….. MIDDLE
211 – 220 ………………. LOW MIDDLE
221 – 230 ………………. LIMIT ACCEPTABLE
ABOVE 230 ………………. POOR.
Note: 170 – 210 nut count is usually the benchmark for exporting raw cashew nuts. But some importers may not be willing to buy RCN that is above 200 nut counts.
In Nigeria, the nut count per 1kg sample varies from zone to zone. While zones like Ogbomosho has between 170 and 180/185, kogi – 190 to 205/210, ondo – 190 to 205/210, Ilorin – 190 to 205, lafia/keffi
– 200 to 210, etc.

MOISTURE.
Exportable quality shall not be more than 10%. You have to make sure the raw cashew nuts are properly sundried and the moisture content must be properly analyzed.

KERNEL OUT-TURN RATION (KOR)
It is the quality of good nut we get from 80kg of raw cashew nuts. The count is in pound per 80kg.
KOR REMARK
48 – 55 EXCELLENT
45 – 47 GOOD
40 – 44 AVERAGE
BELOW 40 LOW/POOR

DEFECTIVES
Diseased or mouldy – shall include all nuts which when cut reveal the presence of fungi growth or a milky patch or a spread of brown or black spot on the split kernel. This is often caused by high moisture for several days prior to proper dryings, wrong packing and
improper storage.

BROWN RANCID ROTTEN (BRR) – shall include all brown, rancid, rotten and discolored kernels which are light yellowish in color. This is caused by similar factors listed above.

VOID – these are nuts which show absence of
kernel, emptiness or absence of a kernel of useful size. This is probably caused by natural
malformation.

IMMATURE/SHRIVELED – shall include all nuts which when cut contain space between the kernel and the shell, shrink or contain kernel that is not fully developed. This is caused by harvesting immature nuts.

SPOTTED – shall include all nuts which show the presence of a black or brown spot on the kernel.
This is caused by insect bite at the early stages of the development of the nuts.

INSECT DAMAGE (WEEVILLED) – shall include all cashew nuts which when cut show a state of insect attack or weevilled or presence of bead-like or powdery particles. Poor storage condition is responsible for this.

CHECK TEST FOR QUALITY
Carrying out a quality check test on cashew nuts like every other agricultural export produce begins with proper sampling. Samples shall be drawn from not less than 30% of consignment, sample shall be
properly mixed, reduced and from which 1kg
sample is drawn for analysis which include
moisture, nut count, defectives and finally KOR.

QUALITY IMPROVEMENT METHODS:
The quality of a bad cashew nut consignment can be improved by hand picking.

HAND PICKING – means picking or removing all suspected cashew nuts such as very small nuts, light weight nuts apparently rotten, broken or wounded nuts out of the consignment.

MORE TO COME... KEEP FOLLOWING.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2017
30 MT of cashew nuts available for sale.
Contact 07064821943 for details
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / Pictures: My Snail Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.