Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture (544 Views)

Jonathan Visits Mubi, Heads To Baga / Apc Loss More Votes As Boko Haram Capture Another Town( Dikwa) For Caliphate / Pictures Of Murdered Students Of Mubi Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Shortly after having launched a ghastly attack in Mubi on October 29, Adamawa State, Boko Haram yesterday overran Vimtim, home town of Alex Badeh, Nigeria’s Chief of Defence Staff.

Meanwhile fleeing residents of the affected territories continue narrating ordeals about seizure of Mubi, as the insurgents attempt to advance their control in the region.

It would be recalled that upon invading Mubi, the second largest town of the state, terrorists captured the 234 Nigerian Army Battalion, burnt down the police station and got the prison blown open.

Moreover, they hoisted their flag at the Palace of the Emir of Mubi. Terrified locals went on the run, so did hundreds of soldiers.

Vanguard reported the story of escape told by the pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) from Mubi, who said that terrorists took control over the town.

“For over two hours, we ran and crawled through bush tracks and farm roads to get to where I got a bus to Yola. I am just getting to Yola. I thank God.”

According to him, before he had run away from Mubi, the security situation in the town worsened, which however did not prevent residents from leaving their homes.

“However, the men and the youths said they were not going anywhere, that enough is enough. They have been killing the militants. Yesterday, they killed two. But they withdrew the soldiers and mobile policemen and yesterday the insurgents attacked. They have conquered Mubi. That is why most people are afraid.”

Another local Abubakar Idi, who managed to flee, spoke with The Nation saying that Boko Haram split in groups to storm the town from several directions: thus Mubi was attacked from Mararaban, through Vimtim and one more group came out of the road that led to the Republic of Cameroon at Gidin Tsamiya.

The woman identified as Hajiya Fatima narrated how her husband working in Yola urged her to run away from Mubi as soon as he heard about the situation in Uba.

“When I came out of my house at about 9am, I saw many people rushing out of Mubi and as I was about calling my husband, some strange youths came into our house and they asked me if I wanted to run too. I said yes; then the boys said anybody who wanted to go could go, but at night they would carry out their duties.

“That statement alarmed me and I moved out of the town. At that point, many women, children, old men and youths were running from all directions. It was so pitiful that no one could make any efforts at saving the town. It was terrible. Only God knows what happened and why the police left the people behind.”

Another resident Innocent Yauba lamented that soldiers did not inform people about the current situation in Mubi.

“The youth were prepared to defend themselves against Boko Haram, but the security men simply, left the town and this situation made the multi billion naira economy of Mubi an easy prey. Boko Haram went to the huge Mubi International Market, searching for foodstuff, goods and money.”

He believes that the attack could have been foiled in the united effort of the youth and military.

“Mubi was so easily taken by a band of ragtag youths masquerading as Boko Haram fighters when able bodied youths of the town, if supported by the military, could have overrun them and sadly the security men allowed a buoyant town like Mubi to be taken like a dead chicken.”

This comes after the Federal Government and Boko Haram allegedly concluded the ceasefire agreement, which by the current moment has been already breached on several occasions.

source: http://www.naij.com/314418-feeling-mubi-residents-narrate-ordeals-after-another-town-capture.html
Re: Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Im tired!!!
Re: Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture by sebali: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2014
Its a Wa.

Y did soldiers leave d town?
Re: Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture by Willybos(m): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Useless government, no help no hope nofin nofin...... May God help us.
Re: Feeling Mubi Residents Narrate Ordeals After Another Town Capture by 11Willywilly: 11:06am On Oct 31, 2014
I dey Laugh,

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan, PDP Plan Shocker For Tambuwal / Chinese Firm To Construct New Power Grid – FG / Panicky Jonathan Working To Have APC Choose Anyone But Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.