Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone (26386 Views)

Infinix Zero Vs Gionee M2 Vs Innjoo I2s - Vote Affordable Smartphone Of The Year / Innjoo I2s Vs Infinix Zero Gold / Alert: Innjoo i2s Is Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
Dapo777:

Wait I think framaroot doesn't have the kitkat compatible version yet. Maybe you would use the motochoper long method Through the use of pc.
Give me the method
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Experience4u:

Give me the method

1.- Download motochopper .zip
2.- Extract motochopper .zip using 7zip,winzip,winrar,unzip,… or another uncompressor application.
3.- Put your phone on USB Debugging mode (activate checkbox on Settings>Development options>USB debugging or Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging).
4.- Only Windows users: Make sure Android drivers for your phone are installed in your PC. If not, you can find some drivers in this page.
5.- Connect your smartphone to the PC.
6.- Once the S4 is properly recognized, go to the motochopper file and launch the run.bat file. Launch run.bat on WIndows ; run.sh on OSX or Linux
7.-Once this window pops up, click on any key to continue.
8.-A message will appear on your Galaxy S4, to which you click OK. After a short while of waiting, you’ll be asked again to click on any key. Your S4 will restart.
9.-Press on any key and your S4 will reboot.
10.- If you want to check if you are already root or superuser in your Android phone or tablet you can download HowToRoot app from Google Play Store and click over the padlock in the top-right of the screen. It will show you a message about if your device is rooted or not.

S4 is Samsung S4, remember this What the method I used for rooting my gionee e3 and it worked for me. That was before I heard about framaroot. So try it and see If it works for Innjoo 12s and give me feedback.
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
Where do I get the android drivers for my phone. Secondly can I backup my ROM before trying to root and how can I back it up.
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Experience4u:
Where do I get the android drivers for my phone. Secondly can I backup my ROM before trying to root and how can I back it up.

Backing up ur fone requires rooting. Is it not a new phone? What content do you have on it already?

If you follow the steps correctly you have little to fear. You phone would restart after confirming all the prompts on command prompt interface of ur windows pc
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
I don't not guarantee that this method will work for you phone.
When I was doing it on my phone too,you need to see how scared I was too.
Life is all about risk. Take the risk and Let's see What happens.
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Dapo777:
Get Innjoo drivers here http://www.innjoo.com/Support/downloads
Are you on whatsapp, can I have ur number. What does it mean to flash Rom
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
Experience4u:

Pls can u drop your number or email so I call you to direct me on stepwise fashion to follow on this rooting. Thanks

Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
Dapo777:

1.- Download motochopper .zip
2.- Extract motochopper .zip using 7zip,winzip,winrar,unzip,… or another uncompressor application.
3.- Put your phone on USB Debugging mode (activate checkbox on Settings>Development options>USB debugging or Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging).
4.- Only Windows users: Make sure Android drivers for your phone are installed in your PC. If not, you can find some drivers in this page.
5.- Connect your smartphone to the PC.
6.- Once the S4 is properly recognized, go to the motochopper file and launch the run.bat file. Launch run.bat on WIndows ; run.sh on OSX or Linux
7.-Once this window pops up, click on any key to continue.
8.-A message will appear on your Galaxy S4, to which you click OK. After a short while of waiting, you’ll be asked again to click on any key. Your S4 will restart.
9.-Press on any key and your S4 will reboot.
10.- If you want to check if you are already root or superuser in your Android phone or tablet you can download HowToRoot app from Google Play Store and click over the padlock in the top-right of the screen. It will show you a message about if your device is rooted or not.

S4 is Samsung S4, remember this What the method I used for rooting my gionee e3 and it worked for me. That was before I heard about framaroot. So try it and see If it works for Innjoo 12s and give me feedback.

This almost undoubtedly won't work...
S4 kernel is old compared to the kernels in 2014 phones
Especially those kernels after June 2014...
But miracles do happen sha... Let's see grin cheesy
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
xMyloXyloto:

Xmyloxyloto pls can u give me step by step method IR ur email or number for pm
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
Experience4u:

Xmyloxyloto pls can u give me step by step method IR ur email or number for pm

Have you tried the method Dapo777 posted?
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
xMyloXyloto:

Have you tried the method Dapo777 posted?
That requires I download ROM of 500mb from Innjoo website
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 15, 2014
Experience4u:

That requires I download ROM of 500mb from Innjoo website

Forget abt d drivers. Just plug your phone to the pc normally the drivers should be detected and installed automatically by the pc. Just focus on the motochopper itself.
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 15, 2014
xMyloXyloto:

That's true sha,my gionee e3 is based on kernel Linux 3.4.5 and that of Innjoo 12s is 3.4.6
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 4:04am On Nov 15, 2014
xMyloXyloto:
First you need the adb drivers and preloader driver. Adb is common but get the preloader driver from downloads section of innjoo website. The file would be 'Mtk Flashing Drive'

Use mtk droid tools to create scatter file first
You would see button like 'block load' or something then save as text file
You could also use mtk droid tools to flash but it's slow af

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_3RXfZ3tuCSFFzUDhyTDZreEk/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_3RXfZ3tuCME80Qk4tM2JuNHM/edit?usp=docslist_api

Also download superSu binary... It will be in zip format

In sp flash tools select the text file you created previously under the scatter loading button. In front of the recovery and boot partitions select the files from my links accordingly
Click download and connect the already switched off phone
Make sure it is set to 'Download only'

Now boot to recovery and flash the su binaries you downloaded and reboot your rooted phone
You may have to download normal superSu from playstore after the reboot though...

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any Bleep up you may impart to your phone.
Do not use the files from those links to attempt to root other phones! Only for innjoo i2s

Mail me for any thing you may not understand... I only say that because I might forget to check here for any replies so just mail me for quick response. Peace grin cool

Believe it or not, this is the short method grin embarassed cry cry cry

"In sp flash tools select the text file you created previously under the scatter loading button. In front of the recovery and boot partitions select the files from my links accordingly
Click download and connect the already switched off phone" please I don't understand this part, where do I select the files from download link?
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2014
Experience4u:

"In sp flash tools select the text file you created previously under the scatter loading button. In front of the recovery and boot partitions select the files from my links accordingly
Click download and connect the already switched off phone" please I don't understand this part, where do I select the files from download link?

In sp flash tools under the 'Location' part of the table, double click the rows of the recovery partition and select the recovery file you downloaded then do the same for the boot partition

Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 8:07am On Nov 15, 2014
OK, thanks. When I switch off my phone and plug it on my lappy, the PC doesn't recognise it
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by mexzony: 8:15am On Nov 15, 2014
hello,
to be honest the whole method does not take up to 10 mins if properly understood. so lets go over it step by step
things you need
1) adb driviers
2) download mtk65xx flasing drive here http://download.innjoo.com/rom/MT65xx_Rom_Flashing_Drive.zip

and mtk flashing rom and tools here http://download.innjoo.com/rom/MTK_Rom_Flashing_Tools.zip
3) download boot and recovery image here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_3RXfZ3tuCSFFzUDhyTDZreEk/edit?usp=docslist_api
and https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_3RXfZ3tuCME80Qk4tM2JuNHM/edit?usp=docslist_api( as given by xMylo.
4) download superSU binary which is in ZIP format and save it in a folder on ur phone.
5) download mt65xx preloader too and unzip

a)now unzip thge adb divers to a suitaable folder,
b)plug your phone to your pc and it should automatically detect ur phone then go to device manager to see if ur phone appears there and if it does there should not be a question mark sign on it, if so select ur phone and select update drivers and then choose to install locally from computer and then select the folder of the unzipped adb driver and click next. the rest is history.
Note: you may have to turn of driver signature detection on windows 8 else it wont let you install.
c) swicth off ur phone ,plug it in and the system should still detect it in device manager, install the preloader same way from device manager by updating its drivers.
d) install the mtk flashing drive by clicking on the batch file or install them individually.

if done correctly open mtk droid tools in administrator mode and then ur phone should be detected then clikc the "Block MAp" button and click on create scatter file and save as txt file on a suitable location on ur system.

e)now open sp flash tools and then click the "scatter loading" button and select the scatter file you created earlier by navigating to the desired folder and load it unto spflash tools
f) now look closely in sp flsh tools and you will see two files BOOTIMG and RECOVERY, Now under the "location tab " of each click on the empty box and then slect the approopraite file ie the boot.img file and the recovery.img file accordingly you downloaded earlier
g) switch off ur phone but do not plug it into the pc yet. now make sure that you select download only option and then click the download button. now plug in ur swithched off phone. it should download to your phone and sp flash tools should pop up an "ok" box.

remember that the superSU you downloaded should be save in a folder on ur phone
now boot ur phone into recovery by using mtk droid tools by clicking "reboot" and then "in recovery" and then from there flash the superSU file onto ur phone by slecting it from the folder on ur phone while it is in recovery mode.
when succesful it will indicate and then reboot normally using mtk droid tools.

droid tools should indicate that you have root access.
confirm with root checker.

NOTE: pls take ur time to read and understand.it does not take up to 10mins just requires patience.
pls if you do not have sufficient knowledge then pls manage ur phone in its unrooted state and siddon look after all it is still a nice phone with wonderful features grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2014
mexzony:
hello,
to be honest the whole method does not take up to 10 mins if properly understood. so lets go over it step by step
things you need
1) adb driviers
2) download mtk65xx flasing drive here http://download.innjoo.com/rom/MT65xx_Rom_Flashing_Drive.zip

and mtk flashing rom and tools here http://download.innjoo.com/rom/MTK_Rom_Flashing_Tools.zip
3) download boot and recovery image here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_3RXfZ3tuCSFFzUDhyTDZreEk/edit?usp=docslist_api
and https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_3RXfZ3tuCME80Qk4tM2JuNHM/edit?usp=docslist_api( as given by xMylo.
4) download superSU binary which is in ZIP format and save it in a folder on ur phone.
5) download mt65xx preloader too and unzip

a)now unzip thge adb divers to a suitaable folder,
b)plug your phone to your pc and it should automatically detect ur phone then go to device manager to see if ur phone appears there and if it does there should not be a question mark sign on it, if so select ur phone and select update drivers and then choose to install locally from computer and then select the folder of the unzipped adb driver and click next. the rest is history.
Note: you may have to turn of driver signature detection on windows 8 else it wont let you install.
c) swicth off ur phone ,plug it in and the system should still detect it in device manager, install the preloader same way from device manager by updating its drivers.
d) install the mtk flashing drive by clicking on the batch file or install them individually.

if done correctly open mtk droid tools in administrator mode and then ur phone should be detected then clikc the "Block MAp" button and click on create scatter file and save as txt file on a suitable location on ur system.

e)now open sp flash tools and then click the "scatter loading" button and select the scatter file you created earlier by navigating to the desired folder and load it unto spflash tools
f) now look closely in sp flsh tools and you will see two files BOOTIMG and RECOVERY, Now under the "location tab " of each click on the empty box and then slect the approopraite file ie the boot.img file and the recovery.img file accordingly you downloaded earlier
g) switch off ur phone but do not plug it into the pc yet. now make sure that you select download only option and then click the download button. now plug in ur swithched off phone. it should download to your phone and sp flash tools should pop up an "ok" box.

remember that the superSU you downloaded should be save in a folder on ur phone
now boot ur phone into recovery by using mtk droid tools by clicking "reboot" and then "in recovery" and then from there flash the superSU file onto ur phone by slecting it from the folder on ur phone while it is in recovery mode.
when succesful it will indicate and then reboot normally using mtk droid tools.

droid tools should indicate that you have root access.
confirm with root checker.

NOTE: pls take ur time to read and understand.it does not take up to 10mins just requires patience.
pls if you do not have sufficient knowledge then pls manage ur phone in its unrooted state and siddon look after all it is still a nice phone with wonderful features grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin

Nice one. My problem is that I can't type this much cry

Upon all you know some people still won't understand it right? cool lipsrsealed
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 8:31am On Nov 15, 2014
Experience4u:
OK, thanks. When I switch off my phone and plug it on my lappy, the PC doesn't recognise it

Go to device manager and install the driver you got from the innjoo site...
Follow mexzony' instructions. it should be a piece of cake
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by damilonya(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2014
Pls, how do I get the free data in the MTN SIM that come with my Innjoo phone fr6 Jumia? Any APK APPLICATION for rooting Innjoo phones. Thanks!
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
Thanks xylo for ur help but mine refuse to work. When I try to update drivers, it telld me driver is up to date. When I want to update the preloader, win7 folder is empty. I spent the wholr night on this. Pls can you give the link to the db u used . my major problem lies on the fact that dia is i2s driver in my system.
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by vosquare: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
xMyloXyloto:

grin grin

Nice one. My problem is that I can't type this much cry

Upon all you know some people still won't understand it right? cool lipsrsealed
Hope u r not referring to me? angry
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
I tried all my system refuse to recognise my phone when it is off. It only charges it. My prob is when I try to update drivers, it tells me either no driver found or am up to date. Pls need your help. For those that succeeded in rooting , did you notice better battery perfomace or other functionalities.?
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by ITbomb(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
vosquare:

Hope u r not referring to me? angry
I had that same feelings bro grin grin grin
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Experience4u:
I was able to change my imei and was able to use glo bis , but king root v3.3.1.. and towel root couldn't do the magic of rooting my Innjoo I2s phone. I don't think anyone has been able to root Innjoo i2s phone
kitkat 4.4.4 is unrootable, it happens to be at present the highest ios platform for andriod. There no real reason to root it. Note: if you root your innjoo phone, you simply give away your warranty
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Experience4u(m): 2:10am On Nov 17, 2014
indigene:

kitkat 4.4.4 is unrootable, it happens to be at present the highest ios platform for andriod. There no real reason to root it. Note: if you root your innjoo phone, you simply give away your warranty
Are you saying there is no reason to root this phone? What about the Accrued ans possible benefits
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 3:47am On Nov 17, 2014
indigene:

1.) Kit kat 4.4.4 is not the highest os platform
2.) Nigerian service centres like Carlcare don't check if your phone is rooted before fixing your phone accordingly
3.) Innjoo devices don't use Kit kat 4.4.4 anyway so why are you mentioning it?? ? undecided

Actually the most annoying part is that 4.4.4 is rootable

Please don't come here and start scaring the noobz. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Experience4u:

Are you saying there is no reason to root this phone? What about the Accrued ans possible benefits
I had rooted my devices in the past, did not see, so much acclaimed benefits,other than un-installing pre-installed apps I don't need to have more space, in my device memory.
Rooting your device, leaves you in the mercy of hijackers, you no longer own your phone, you re at high risk when conducting any financial transaction.
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 17, 2014
xMyloXyloto:

1.) Kit kat 4.4.4 is not the highest os platform
2.) Nigerian service centres like Carlcare don't check if your phone is rooted before fixing your phone accordingly
3.) Innjoo devices don't use Kit kat 4.4.4 anyway so why are you mentioning it?? ? undecided

Actually the most annoying part is that 4.4.4 is rootable

Please don't come here and start scaring the noobz. Thanks
If you own an innjoo, check your about device, not their MTK version
Re: Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone by xMyloXyloto: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2014
indigene:

I had rooted my devices in the past, did not see, so much acclaimed benefits,other than un-installing pre-installed apps I don't need to have more space, in my device memory.
Rooting your device, leaves you in the mercy of hijackers, you no longer own your phone, you re at high risk when conducting any financial transaction.

L0L, guyyyyyyyy
These so called hijackers can access your phone whether you are rooted or not

Actually rooting your phone allows you increase your phone security by adding more firewalls and permission blocks on top of the default phone encryption (which Nigerians don't use anyway)

Bleep it, I'm done talking here man... The aim of this thread has been achieved

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zero X: Infinix Launches Concept Device 2021, Charges 0 - 100% In 11 Minutes / Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? / How Much Is SIM Card In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.