Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interesting Facts About The Igbo People (65946 Views)

Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by donMIG(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ok....lemi read n c.lollz
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by 1shortblackboy: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
This thread again ? Containing so much chest beating and questionable Statements put forward as facts. Some people sha

9 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by donmalcolm21(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nice thread. Please don't take the poster above me serious, he is my neighbours 15yrs old son who uses the internet when his parents are not around.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by slap1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
Proudly Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
I just red tru
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by rozayx5(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
Mtsshew ! this is not the issue at hand -
[size=48pt] buhari show
us your
certificate now!!![/size]

he is writing waec as we speak

16 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by activefibre1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
na wic kin tin be this....mtchewwww. How wil this mak dollar equal to naira.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by calaway: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
interesting knowledge about the great igbo's I tip my hat for all youall......

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by prettyjo(f): 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
OK naa.
ndi Igbo kwenu!!!.
kedu ebe ndi Igbo ibem no??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Maxivalue(m): 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Question: Where did the Igbo come from?

Answer: That question is still being asked. There are very intriguing theories or histories now being studied. You may have heard of the Jewish angle, the Egypt angle, and the Origin of man angle. This twenty-first century, hopefully, will resolve the mystery.

IGBOs are really from Israel. They have some common cultures and customs that bond the with Israel
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by LMAyedun(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mellin:
Since u don't like money so much ,may it be far from you and your generations to come..amen
You are so dumb, daft & dull.. I asked a simple question & you are throwing bad words. Foo.lish illiterate.

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by PerfumeRepublik: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dalu nu oo! Anam Ekene....

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
igbo claiming what doesnt belong to them since 1858 B.C. Yeah right.... Delta is a south eastern state... South east is same as South South... And lagos is no man's land.

8 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Odunharry(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by januzaj(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
Y are Yoruba ruling Lagos cuz its no man's land according to igbo?
ans:-well....uhm...well...uhm....uhm

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by hopeforcharles(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
I am an Igbo boi to the core, rep schnapps and colanuts b'cos I know say u go need am,lol
We have a very nice history and heritage, God bless Us and our hustle.

11 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by kellystech(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

Interesting
you quoted the whole text just to write interesting, you really need to see tb Joshua

Back to the mata, why do u guys (ibos) always claim whats not yours. The ikwerres have always said the are not part of u even from the time of our fore fathers and you guys keep insisting, are you guys claiming the people as yours or the reproductive nature of their habitats (land, oil etc) cos all my life I've known ibos to be greedy.now come to think of this, the edos have similarities in culture to the yorubas but I've not seen them laying claim to the edos.for crying out loud we are all nigerians and there will be similarities in culture but that does not make me one of ur tribe

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by annurhaske(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
All these are nothing but fucking lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by tiswell(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Igbo,the pride of Africa...igbo bulu igbo mulu m ekele m unu!!!

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nimen(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

Interesting

so you quote everything just to say interesting? The thunder wey go fire you still dey chop akpu mtchewww

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by lyntiffany(f): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
prettyjo:
OK naa.
ndi Igbo kwenu!!!.
kedu ebe ndi Igbo ibem no??
anyi no nma ma nah ekwe oyoyo cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by tijjanioyan: 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
1shortblackboy:
Did any of u guys sEe part where d writer said some igbo slaves walked on water back to Afica. Was he being serious or joking ?
only dat one?what abt d 50000yrsago

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by chatupkay: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
januzaj:
Y are Yoruba ruling Lagos cuz its no man's land according to igbo?
ans:-well....uhm...well...uhm....uhm

@OP,
Honestly, Igbo's are hard working people with strong business acumen!
However, it's ridiculous and laughable to hear when igbo's say LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND!

if this is true, then i wonder why they pay d YORUBA OMO-ONILEs for every land the buy here in lagos!

Chai! .... dia ris Goduuuooooooo
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by tdayof(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Smh
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Chigold101(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
Chiwude:
Yeah! Thought provoking article you may call it.
very thought provoking...

If we can teach our children our language & culture, it would go a long way to protect the Igbo race...

The Igbos in the west claim they are not our brothers & thats why it seems that only those igbos in south east are the igbos.

PH is Igboland, but they claim they are not Igbos so we let them be...
The myth of Igbos loving money is because IGBOS SEE GOLD WHERE OTHERS SEE DIRT...

The op should modify the market days of Igbo week... It is counted in this form... Eke, Oye, Afo & Nkwo...

Op thank u so much for this post...

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Trailblazer1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
Great Igbos
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by PAnaceA7(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

Interesting
Sorry to say but....... E bu Ewu

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
12inches1:
igbo claiming what doesnt belong to them since 1858 B.C. Yeah right.... Delta is a south eastern state... South east is same as South South... And lagos is no man's land.

Arrant nonsense. The Igbo do not claim Delta. It is a truism that Igbo make up a substantial part of Delta state including the state capital Asaba. I am a proud Igbo from Delta. In fact, in the amorphous south South, the Igbo are the number one ethnic group forget the other propaganda, in fact, the article forgot to mention the Igbo in Edo, Kogi and Bayelsa.

Igbo do not want to claim any body, they want to be allowed to be themselves.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by nkadoj(m): 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
1shortblackboy:
Did any of u guys sEe part where d writer said some igbo slaves walked on water back to Afica. Was he being serious or joking ?
Atuolu omalu, omalu, Atuolu ofeke, ofenye isi na ohia

9 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
LMAyedun:
Question: Why do Igbo people like Money soon much?

If you think Igbo people loves money so much, what will you call a typical TIV man from Benue State. My guy, you nova waka Sooooo Sharrap ur mouth. B4 u start tribal war in this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kayanmata: What I Observed At Abuja International Tradefair / List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.