Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities (74513 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger / List Of Courses Offered In Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jovie50: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
going through some comments and I have realised that courses students tag to be funny and even useless are mostly agricultural bound, that's to say that this menace is from the poor attention our government is paying to the agricultural sector, students should be enlightened concerning what they are studying, some even believe that they are been forced to study a course not relevant to themselves, talkmore of the society they are to work in. we should hold our government accountable for this, every student wants to get a white collar job, or work in the oil industry.........nobody thinks about the food production of the nation!!!!!!! pls lemme leave y'all,especially our university aspirants with an advise, WHATEVER COURSE YOU ARE GIVEN, FOLLOW THAT COURSE AND STUDY IT WITH THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY AND I BET YOU SUCCESS WILL CHASE YOU!!!
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jahbiz: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
If u appreciate being self employed, being ur own boss, being a job creator rather than a job seeker that's when u will appreciate fishery. I tell u its a good course.

Joke.......
Pdpology:- the study of election rigging, power, Nigeria money and resources sharing.

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Babafaros:

Woow,congrats,you did Jamb again??
Yes sir..
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by 2nattie(m): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
[i][/i]God bless you
0coded80:
nigerian with their mentality!!!!! going to university is not about looking for employment all about, it for u to have knowledge to be able to reproduce to d society. A 1st-first from a reputation university in any of those course funny to u will get better employment in a multinational company than those that study a over-hyped course with low grade. I pity those of u that think going to a university is all about getting employment.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
fuke:

Display of ignorance.
Those courses are very relevant to any economy.

How would you be able to write here without those
who cleaned your nose and dippers when you were a baby.

And what would you have been without that stern
HM with his cane to make sure you behaved.

so, you go to school to learn how to clean yansh? that's refreshing
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
0coded80:
nigerian with their mentality!!!!! going to university is not about looking for employment all about, it for u to have knowledge to be able to reproduce to d society. A 1st-first from a reputation university in any of those course funny to u will get better employment in a multinational company than those that study a over-hyped course with low grade. I pity those of u that think going to a university is all about getting employment.

My person!

I just tire for some people oooo!!

See the mentality of people.

My Sister inlaw is in California State University studying recreation management. I'll bet that sounds funny to this short sighted a.ss
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
alhabeeb:
what did u kn abt fisheries, i wonder if pple lyk u undstand the role of agriculture in any nation. I stand 2b corrected nigeria is the highest importer of frozen fish in africa. Govt budget billons to import fish. (that a vacuum for employment)So we need to develop our own resources.

Nigeria is not importing fish because she lacks fishery graduates
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
jovie50:
going through some comments and I have realised that courses students tag to be funny and even useless are mostly agricultural bound, that's to say that this menace is from the poor attention our government is paying to the agricultural sector, students should be enlightened concerning what they are studying, some even believe that they are been forced to study a course not relevant to themselves, talkmore of the society they are to work in. we should hold our government accountable for this, every student wants to get a white collar job, or work in the oil industry.........nobody thinks about the food production of the nation!!!!!!! pls lemme leave y'all,especially our university aspirants with an advise, WHATEVER COURSE YOU ARE GIVEN, FOLLOW THAT COURSE AND STUDY IT WITH THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY AND I BET YOU SUCCESS WILL CHASE YOU!!!

I went to OAU hoping to study Computer Engineering. It was what I always dreamt of.

I ended up studying Applied Geophysics. Bros I didn't even know a course like that existed much less what it was all about.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Jaglieski: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wire engineering..... #smh
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by RFella(m): 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
grin
Godmother:
Early childhodd Seriously!! What do such people become when they graduate then.

Lolssssssss grin finally most peeps study courses like this out of desperation...better than idling away @ home...I recall a friend of mine who was so desperate for admission that she said even if they offered her 'Standing and looking department' she"ll take it happily!
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by fidelity09: 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
For you to have included fishery in your list shows your shallow dept of knowledge for your infor fishery is more lucrative that some big name courses medicine inclusive......if as a fish farmer you spawn for as low as 20k that can fetch you notin less than 250000naira without stress just after 3 weeks....a fingerling sells for minimum of 10naira. At one spawn you can spawn as much as 40000 fry..now do ur calc.......my people perish for lack of knowledge....dele momodu the ceo of ovation magazine studied yoruba for ur infor...today he is a successful business man.... bro what matters is what you have upstairs.......forgt abt those big names..........

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by fighalo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
They said destiny can be delayed but can't be changed.
Mhen come to uniben.. them go change ur destiny+bend u.. Applied for mech engr, buh they gave me computer science education.
what's the different between d main computer science and this my own... people go just wicked anyhw.
Happy new month!
Some pple updating welcome to this new month like say them first d others enter...
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Babafaros(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Yes sir..
Woow,if i may ask ,What"s ur score,I have some1 aspiring 4 dat place
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by pomsky: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
fighalo:
They said destiny can be delayed but can't be changed.
Mhen come to uniben.. them go change ur destiny+bend u.. Applied for mech engr, buh they gave me computer science education.
what's the different between d main computer science and this my own... people go just wicked anyhw.
Happy new month!
Some pple updating welcome to this new month like say them first d others enter...

Hi, it just means ur being trained to be a computer science educationist . It's like combining computer science training with education training. Very soon, only those with education background will be employed in the education sector-both secondary and tertiary. It's really not a disadvantage!

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jaydee87(m): 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
QSheba:
Animal wiring and fencing gringrin
learn more about any course relating to animal or plant science, u will discover that this courses are great courses but for the fact that our society has just three courses I.e. medicine, law and accounting. that's why u frown at animal science. am a proud graduate of crop protection and I can tell u I never regretted studying the course..... read more about animal breeding ad genetics too.
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by dayveed1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2014
Op why you no include philosophy
Yoruba edu
religious studies
human kinetics(jumpology)
Guiding/councelling
some schools wicked true true
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by ebukaOtika(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
obaayo2:
na ur back i dey bros

Abeg make una wait for me biko,,.,,,,...
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by jovie50: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
princefunmi:

I went to OAU hoping to study Computer Engineering. It was what I always dreamt of.

I ended up studying Applied Geophysics. Bros I didn't even know a course like that existed much less what it was all about.

pls reply sincerely, were you accomplished at the end, despite not studying what you sort out for most??
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Karleb(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
faqman:

What of JUMPOLOGY.... grin grin grin

grin grin you mean Human Kinetics?
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
fidelity09:
For you to have included fishery in your list shows your shallow dept of knowledge for your infor fishery is more lucrative that some big name courses medicine inclusive......if as a fish farmer you spawn for as low as 20k that can fetch you notin less than 250000naira without stress just after 3 weeks....a fingerling sells for minimum of 10naira. At one spawn you can spawn as much as 40000 fry..now do ur calc.......my people perish for lack of knowledge....dele momodu the ceo of ovation magazine studied yoruba for ur infor...today he is a successful business man.... bro what matters is what you have upstairs.......forgt abt those big names..........

do you need to study fishery to be a fish farmer?
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Aizebioje(m): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Franchise21:
If u say so
I know so. I'm a NAASITE. So I know. I have lecturers who graduated from animal science dept decades ago...
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by temitope23(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Olamitisoji:
why include music and fisheries. If every nigerian musician have music training for at least a year, you will see that they ve being singing rubbish all this lng, you go listen to songs 4rm darey alade, asa, lagbaja, beautiful nubia you will know that music is not all about opening one's mouth to sing. Pls also do take your time and ask how hard music is 4rm pple dat re studying it in universities. Fishery trust me that course is hot cake jst check ur neighbourhood and c hw many fish ponds re springing up tho d course nt entail dat alone.

Leave op make him dey run mouth, if the guy do tonal harmony, tonal counterpoint, chromatic harmony, music appreciation, accoustics and psychoaccoustic, study of world people music, African music, and still had to be proficient on 4 musical instrument. One as α primary instrument, secondary instrument, one band instrument and the piano which is compulsory for all music student then you'll know the likes of tuface and co are not musician but singers.

1 Like

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Godmother:
House helps and nannies perhaps
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by devour129: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
Godmother:
if you had proper early childhood education you won't be ignorant to ask such a question. Early education foundation is the first step to a better adult. This course helps people / teachers understand the basics and why kids first years in school is important . It's helps teachers learn how to teach kids and understand their needs that's why you hear people spend a lot on daycare,preschool n primary cos if your child is bleeped up from that stage , it's too late for the child .let me know if you need more info
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by devour129: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
Yes I have a bsc Ed from OAU, a masters in EYE, another masters in child psychology, heading for s Phd i own a school n consult for schools , government n people hoping to open schools. Drops the mic

2 Likes

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by OracleHex(m): 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
oc2fish:
Well I studied fisheries in University of Ibadan and I am very proud of the value my knowledge has added to the society. Ever wonder why only the rich can afford to buy and eat fish in Nigeria where as the poor and rich can afford to eat fish in Asia. It is a pity that only one Libanese company supply 70% of fish eaten in Nigeria
If you do not know about anything please don't write about it.
Please throw more light on this lebanese company. i have always wondered where the frozen fishes we eat come from?
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by talima(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
0coded80:
publish lies. Bandwagon
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Babafaros:

Woow,if i may ask ,What"s ur score,I have some1 aspiring 4 dat place
269 in jamb and 74 in putme..
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
kozaic:
EARLY CHILDHOOD...
I don't really know what this course entails I really saw how angry people who were admitted to study the course were.

PRIMARY EDUCATION
Guess a person would spend four years studying how to teach primary schOol students.lol

DRAMA
Why introduce this course when theirs THEATRE ARTS in existence?

FISHERY.
*exhales*

ADULT EDUCATION
Some one applied medicine and was given adult education...

HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES EDU.
Some universities eh...

MUSIC
* I comment my reserve*

But all the same no knowledge is a waste!
In Oau adult education is English education,so yu can't say its a rubbish course

What of forestry and fish production
Library science
G&C-like do I need to go to school b4 I can counsel pple

But this doesn't stop this people frm getting nice jobs oo
There are stupid courses oo
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
none of them are funny, except for maybe music and drama, and that's because we don't have things like opera etc

the others are all useful in any sane society
Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
kozaic:
EARLY CHILDHOOD...
I don't really know what this course entails I really saw how angry people who were admitted to study the course were.

PRIMARY EDUCATION
Guess a person would spend four years studying how to teach primary schOol students.lol.

DRAMA
Why introduce this course when theirs THEATRE ARTS in existence?

FISHERY.
*exhales*

ADULT EDUCATION
Some one applied medicine and was given adult education...

HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES EDU.
Some universities eh...

MUSIC
* I comment my reserve*

But all the same no knowledge is a waste!
. Ur post is a reflection of ur shallow educational acquisition,or did u type this in btwn ur sleep? has'nt common sense made u realise that the first two courses u stated above were responsible for ur primary education moulding? In reference to History & int'l Studies,hav'nt u realised that this is a core course for every University due to its value to International diplomacy and our nation building?this is a course that produces the ambassador to so & so country u've bn hearing about.If a nation does not know its history,it can't move forward with excellent policies.Talking abt Fishery,are u so ignorant that u've failed to note that this field is what produces & promotes the fish u eat,abi u no dey eat fish? then Adult Education,this field is responsible for the proper way of educating/tutoring adults,especially those who have far passed the age of elementary schooling.Finally,Music & Drama:these two are responsible for the skilled singing/songs u hear & the intriguing movies u watch respectively,without them u can bet how boring life could be. # FYI,the first two courses are not university courses but College of Education's.When next u want to make a post, carry out a thorough research on the subject matter b4 posting,cos what u just displayed up there is a reflection of a depth of ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Courses Offered By Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
grin cheesy grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
InyinyaAgbaOku:

so, you go to school to learn how to clean yansh? that's refreshing
. Oh lawd,u no well oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Meet Maryam Muhammed, A First Class Law Graduate Of Queen Mary University London / Photos Of The Students Drowned In The Marina Calabar Boat Mishap / AAUA Students Dressed As Bandits Storm Class For A Presentation On Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.