Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB (3197 Views)

Mtn Bis Blazing With Simple Server On Pc And Android / Mtn Bis Working Unlimited On Pc's And Android / [tut] 2014 Free Browsing Cheat On Airtel (PC And Android).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
I'll be showing you how to transfer/share files wirelessly between your PC and your Android device.

I'll just go straight to the point.

1.first download and install Es file explorer.
2.put on your device hotspot and also your PC wifi and connect the both device(as if to share your Android's internet connection with your PC)
3.after the above, you open your Es file explorer, tap your device' menu key and a column draws out from the left, in the column Check between 'Network' and 'Tools' which of them has the option 'Remote manager' (in newer versions of ES file explorer, its found under 'Network' while in older version its under 'Tools')
4.Now, once located tap on it('Remote manager') and you'll be taken to another page with a button at the bottom center labeled 'Turn on', now tap on that button(Turn on) and a box with numbers(actually IP address of your Android)
5. take note of the numbers, forget the 'ftp://' written at the begining.
6.open your windows explorer, at the address type in those numbers exactly as they are written, after typing hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.

after all these, the whole content of your memory card would be available on your Windows Explorer and from there you can now transfer files.

go to the SOURCE for more detailed explanation and download link for ES file explorer download link.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by Whizzcute(m): 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
how do i ON my pc's wifi(windows 7)
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
Whizzcute:
first of all, what kind of PC is it, like desktop or laptop.

then does it have wifi?

when I get the answers to these questions I'll be able to help you
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by Fulaman198(m): 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Whizzcute:

Are they on the same network if so, know your computer's LAN IP address, this can be found by going into command prompt and typing 'ip config' then if you have an Android device, follow the steps here:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/share-files-between-android-and-windows-with-es-file-explorer/
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fulaman198:

Are they on the same network if so, know your computer's LAN IP address, this can be found by going into command prompt and typing 'ip config' then if you have an Android device, follow the steps here:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/share-files-between-android-and-windows-with-es-file-explorer/
oga fulaman, the guy is asking of how to put on his PC's wifi n not what his IP is.

BTW my post is straight n does not require you looking for any IP so no hassle for a non tech savvy fellow
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by Fulaman198(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
henryobinna:
oga fulaman, the guy is asking of how to put on his PC's wifi n not what his IP is.

BTW my post is straight n does not require you looking for any IP so no hassle for a non tech savvy fellow

Oh ok bros, I interpreted his question as how does he transfer a file over wi-fi from his Android device to his Windows 7 PC.
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by Whizzcute(m): 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fulaman198:

Toshiba Laptop,I dont how to check if it has wifi
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh ok bros, I interpreted his question as how does he transfer a file over wi-fi from his Android device to his Windows 7 PC.
ok
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Whizzcute:
Toshiba Laptop,I dont how to check if it has wifi
what's the laptop's full name, let me help you Check
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by Whizzcute(m): 5:09am On Nov 01, 2014
henryobinna:
what's the laptop's full name, let me help you Check
okay,toshiba satellite C556
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 5:41am On Nov 01, 2014
Whizzcute:
okay,toshiba satellite C556
omo!
to be sincere I've searched round google I hardly see anything about your PC name, but if its a laptop check around its body for buttons/keys you'll see a button with a logo for connectivity(this is onlt if it has wifi)
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by Whizzcute(m): 6:31am On Nov 01, 2014
henryobinna:
omo!
to be sincere I've searched round google I hardly see anything about your PC name, but if its a laptop check around its body for buttons/keys you'll see a button with a logo for connectivity(this is onlt if it has wifi)
okay bro,but is it possible to use my pc as a hotspot to browse wt my android device,and hw?
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 6:50am On Nov 01, 2014
Whizzcute:
okay bro,but is it possible to use my pc as a hotspot to browse wt my android device,and hw?
yes, its possible but its not an easy task, I tried it but couldnt succeed,
i heard connectify works, so look for it n download
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by mikeayus(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
nixe post....
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
mikeayus:
nixe post....
thanks
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by basille(m): 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Have you heard of the app 'AirDroid'.
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 4:07am On Nov 07, 2014
basille:
have heard but ES file explorer cool
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by zenith4biz(m): 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
basille:
AirDroid makes a lot of sense
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 3:37am On Dec 26, 2014
zenith4biz:

AirDroid makes a lot of sense
yep airdroid is good especially with the latest release but you guys still don't get difference between what airdroid does n what ES does too
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by victor247: 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
henryobinna:
I'll be showing you how to transfer/share files wirelessly between your PC and your Android device.

2.put on your device hotspot and also your PC wifi and connect the both device(as if to share your Android's internet connection with your PC)
3.after the above, you open your Es file explorer, tap your device' menu key and a column draws out from the left, in the column Check between 'Network' and 'Tools' which of them has the option 'Remote manager' (in newer versions of ES file explorer, its found under 'Network' while in older version its under 'Tools')
4.Now, once located tap on it('Remote manager') and you'll be taken to another page with a button at the bottom center labeled 'Turn on', now tap on that button(Turn on) and a box with numbers(actually IP address of your Android)
6.open your windows explorer, at the address type in those numbers exactly as they are written, after typing hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard.

after all these, the whole content of your memory card would be available on your Windows Explorer and from there you can now transfer files.

go to the SOURCE for more detailed explanation and download link for ES file explorer download link.
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by victor247: 8:05am On Mar 21, 2015
henryobinna:

hi, after following d above procedures, I was only able to access the files via my laptop browser(after inputing my android's IP address into my internet explorer). Attempts to access the files via my windows explorer proved abortive.
Please what else should I do?
Re: How To Transfer/share Files Between PC And Android Without USB by henryobinna(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2015
victor247:

hi, after following d above procedures, I was only able to access the files via my laptop browser(after inputing my android's IP address into my internet explorer). Attempts to access the files via my windows explorer proved abortive.
Please what else should I do?
here's what you do,

go to your windows explore

on the address bar type in the IP address n port(IP:port) of your phone's FTP starting with ftp://

that's assuming the IP n port is 192.168.43:1111

you type ftp://192.168.43:1111
then hit the enter key

alternatively, you could just copy the address on your browser, open your windows explorer, paste the copied address and hit the enter key.
you're good to go
update me, once you've done that

(1) (Reply)

Canon Pixma Photo Printer 18k / Very Neat H.P Envy Touchsmart Corei7 12GB Ram 1TB / Modified: This Device Will Lock Your Computer Wirelessly & Also Track Your Keys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.