Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? (3203 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Photos- House Help Brutally Beaten By Madam / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by alist(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
A wife arrest her husband for beating her while she was embarassing him in public. Right or wrong? Have ur say.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by EfemenaXY: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
alist:
A wife arrest her husband for beating her while she was embarassing him in public. Right or wrong? Have ur say.

Right.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
very right.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by singlefade25(f): 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
yes

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by SAMBARRY: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
If that is what is what it takes to make him behave like a normal human being, then fine. Having a date with the nigeriann police and spending the night with cockroach, rat and mosquito infested cells and beatings is a very unforgettable experience that will continually remind him to know where to practice his muscles wink

next smiley

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by oweniwe(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
should she wait for him to kills her before she acts?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by pamcode(m): 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
she is right if she has reported him to family and friends and still persist in doing so
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Dlionsheart: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
CAPITAL

WRONG
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by EfemenaXY: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
oweniwe:
should she wait for him to kills her before she acts?

Oga, what's the update from your end na?

All sorted?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Saraha1(f): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
Right.
By so doing the man may come back to reality, Since he had travel to the second world war with his brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Luvties(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
I won't allow her into my house again if such happened. lol
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Right and Wrong!!

She had to take the drastic move to save herself from a violent man. She is so right to have got his ass in cell.

On the flip side, knowing a typical naija settings, it won't be up to 24hrs the dude will be released and they will be "advised" to go and settle it "amicably" at home with each other.
Knowing the typical African mentality, that could well mean the end of the marriage!!!

TWO SIDES OF A FLIP COIN....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Ochiban: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
What would be even more correct is if she packed out before he comes back the next day

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by JulietSweet(f): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
hahahahaaa story
see drama, they are good actors.
wife beater.Although I don't support wife insult,but beaten is no no for me.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Marriage wahala
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by bennyrazz: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
it is better for a woman to pack her bags and leave her husband when battered than to report the matter to the police. It depicts maturity. My opinion
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by delishpot: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
Was he right to have beaten her? If she provoked him to a stage where he beat her and people see it as ok, why then cant we think its okay for her to arrest him if he beat her so bad that she needed police intervention.
Abegi, she was right.
All he had to do was go home and lock his gate till she bring her mom and dad to beg on her behalf Not beat her.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by EfemenaXY: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
bennyrazz:
it is better for a woman to pack her bags and leave her husband when battered than to report the matter to the police. It depicts maturity. My opinion

So you condone violence.

Don't you think a man beating up his wife - and in public too - is a criminal offence? And that he should be held accountable for his actions?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by bennyrazz: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
EfemenaXY:

So you condone violence.

Don't you think a man beating up his wife - and in public too - is a criminal offence? And that he should be held accountable for his actions?
Have you ever seen me with a placard with inscriptions on it saying "bennyrazz supports violence against women??" cuz thats where you are going to but on a second thought, men and women are equal? if a man hits you, hit your own back, why report the matter to the police?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by EfemenaXY: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
bennyrazz:
Have you ever seen me with a placard with inscriptions on it saying "bennyrazz supports violence against women??" cuz thats where you are going to but on a second thought, men and women are equal? if a man hits you, hit your own back, why report the matter to the police?

Who says she hit him? Is that what you read from the story?

Because what I saw was the statement that he said she was "embarrassing" him in public, hence his resorting to violence to keep her quiet.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by bennyrazz: 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Who says she hit him? Is that what you read from the story?

Because what I saw was the statement that he said she was "embarrassing" him in public, hence his resorting to violence to keep her quiet.
I don't know why people like to escalate little things. The op used beat and you decided to use violence just because it is a woman. Who knows, it might just be a slap cuz if it was real beating, I'm sure the woman might have been hospitalised and someone would have called the police on her behalf. I hope she gets the justice she wants

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by EfemenaXY: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
bennyrazz:
I don't know why people like to escalate little things. The op used beat and you decided to use violence just because it is a woman. Who knows, it might just be a slap cuz if it was real beating, I'm sure the woman might have been hospitalised and someone would have called the police on her behalf. I hope she gets the justice she wants

Are you for real?

So if beating and slapping a woman aren't violent acts, then what is? Till he kills her first?? And while you're at it, kindly define "real beating".

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by bennyrazz: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Are you for real?

So if beating and slapping a woman aren't violent acts, then what is? Till he kills her first?? And while you're at it, kindly define "real beating".
it is a normal thing for women to run their mouths, that's the only fist they have and as a man, you have to allow her run her mouth very well. Pretend as if you don't know what she's saying. When she gets tire, she will keep quite. That's when you begin your own trouble. Nothing hurts women more than when you tell them "you will soon marry a second wife" you see men have to start diverting the powers they have to their mouth when dealing with a woman. You don't need to slap her, by the time you finish her with your mouth, she will be the one to hit you. Its a shame when men some men result to hitting women. Use your mouth too. When she hits you first, she as giving you the license to hit her back. Real beating is when you send someone to the hospital with your fist

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by alist(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ok let me narrate how it happend. He slaped her to stop her for futher embaracement from her then she resulted to retaliating and all she got was beating.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Arrest Her Husband because She Was Beaten By Him? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
bennyrazz:
beating up your wife depicts maturity? If u act like a senseless person, its best you be treated like one undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Advise To Relocate My Family Frim UK Back To Nija / Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. / Mature Advice Only Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.