Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? (2620 Views)

Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy / Southwest Nigeria-third Largest Economy In Africa(ideas For More Prosperity) / Nigeria To Become 30th Largest Economy By 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by homerac7: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
Dear All,

I saw a recent listing by World Bank of countries by GDP-PPP for 2013 released last month (September). I instinctively went down the page to go look for Nigeria at 40s position, where I expected her to be, but to my surprise , she's up there 20th!

Now, the figure is another thing. It's almost a billion (international) dollar! I'm quite confused right now. Can someone with better knowledge explain to me what I'm looking at?... please!

www.databank.worldbank.org/data/download/GDP_PPP.pdf
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Icon4s(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yes we are getting closer. We hope to be in top 5 by the time GEJ leaves office by 2019. cool

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Princecalm(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
*wears my 3d spectacles*
*looks into the future*
*vision 3030 we will be the no.1 economy in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by CuppyCakie: 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
na guys still no fit send card without f cool cool cool cool

Christmas Suspended As SANTA CLAUS died at 86
http://slink.co/f3924

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by ademega(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Another campaign strategy ...
We are now best in everytin my , economically , GDPcally , even for lying self .
Make i join my own lying lying too
In this country "truth" is not part of us . Let me also assume i don't ve truth in me too .
Mr president should continue till forever,if possible rule after life self . He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Elose11(m): 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
You are so right! I just viewed it now? Both the world bank and the IMF rated us 20th. But the CIA rated us 30th. Forward ever nigeria. Before 2020, vision 202020 had being realized. Thanks to the transformation agenda of this government and the entrepreneural spirit of my country people. Long live nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
I thank God o. cool

Garri go don less die: grin
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by MudRaker: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
el rufai , liar Mohammed and that resident tout egift will disagree

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Caseless: 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
Trash!
How does this translate to food on d table of the many poor Nigerians? Or how has this translated to good roads, water supply and stable power? A
White-elephant rating, i must say.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by MudRaker: 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
Caseless:
Trash!
How does this translate to food on d table of the many poor Nigerians? Or how has this translated to good roads, water supply and stable power? A

we are 20th because your poverty lazy types keep dragging us back.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by rdokoye: 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
homerac7:
Dear All,

I saw a recent listing by World Bank of countries by GDP-PPP for 2013 released last month (September). I instinctively went down the page to go look for Nigeria at 40s position, where I expected her to be, but to my surprise , she's up there 20th!

Now, the figure is another thing. It's almost a billion (international) dollar! I'm quite confused right now. Can someone with better knowledge explain to me what I'm looking at?... please!

www.databank.worldbank.org/data/download/GDP_PPP.pdf

That's PPP, Nigeria is the 19th largest economy by PPP. But nominally, it's the 23rd largest.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Mogidi: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
MudRaker:

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by o42austino(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
we re moving forward, God Bless Mr.President and all Nigerians for making this country work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by oyeludef(m): 12:08am On Nov 01, 2014
Icon4s:
Yes we are getting closer. We hope to be in top 5 by the time GEJ leaves office by 2019. cool
yeah. If dis can be done in a clueless govt, it means we r going places aft dis clueless govt is kicked out
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Caseless: 3:41am On Nov 01, 2014
MudRaker:

u want us to believe this pon asinorum cos ponce like u are given very little or hired to stay online and eat every trash sent to u. Poof, u need help!
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Ideyontop: 3:51am On Nov 01, 2014
ademega:
We are now best in everytin my , economically , GDPcally , even for lying self .
In this country "truth" is not part of us . Let me also assume i don't ve truth in me too .
Mr president should continue till forever,if possible rule after life self . He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .

This is exactly what I call the grasshopper mentality! Been on a spot too long that you don't know when you have been released to move on.

Nigeria had been thrown deep into a deep rut and this man is really climbing out and all you do is open your dirty mouth and talk rubbish on nairaland! God have mercy on some Nigerians who are their own witches and wizards! Biting your own self and crying wolf! Open your eyes, Nigeria is making progress,come with us or remain behind!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by dotna(m): 4:56am On Nov 01, 2014
We still have lots of work to do for a great microeconomy
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by newguy1(m): 5:39am On Nov 01, 2014
D d basic problem we hav in dis country is lack of employment n many more, So all dis nigeria is number dis n dat means nofin to us, even we r tired of hearin nigeria is dis n dat. We want statistic to traslate to result b4 we can actual celebrate nigeria make a certain position in ranking.
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by ichidodo: 5:44am On Nov 01, 2014
And this is just the beginning..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by TopsyKrete: 5:56am On Nov 01, 2014
ademega:
[b]Mr president should continue till forever,if possible rule after life self . He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake.[size=16pt] See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear[/size] . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet[/b] . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .

[size=22pt]LOL[/size][/size]
That increased font side was epic
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by stillchris: 5:57am On Nov 01, 2014
i would prefer a developed economy than just a big one. right now Nigeria's economy is big for nothing.
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Articul8(m): 6:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Even with dis rating,Nigeria remains the giANT of Africa.
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Omen100(m): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Dear Nairalnders,

Please help a curious Nigerian, is it possible for economy to grow without economy development( which includes all forms of economical development)?

Because these paper growth we are made to believe on daily bases won't take us anywhere or why do we derive pleasure in telling lies to ourselves, Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
Trash!
am ashamed of you. You don't know how Economic devpt affects the daily live of Nigerians. Go get a Jhingan. Silly Broomer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Omen100:
Dear Nairalnders,

Please help a curious Nigerian, is it possible for economy to grow without economy development( which includes all forms of economical development)?

Because these paper growth we are made to believe on daily bases won't take us anywhere or why do we derive pleasure in telling lies to ourselves, Nigerians?
it's a pity you don't knw the differenc bw economic growth and economic devpt becos u refused to take advantage of the huge transformations going on in the education sector becos of hatred. Economic growth leads to economic devpt with time. Pls get a Jhingan. Silly Broomer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 01, 2014
Big economy that is not reflected in the lives of the people.
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by ademega(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2014
Mr man , i ve said anything wrong ? Yes we are coming out that was why i listed those achievements naw . At least those are the evidence ke ? No b so ? This one no b fight fight issue , na korokoro eyes issue . And i don mentioned them .
Ideyontop:

This is exactly what I call the grasshopper mentality! Been on a spot too long that you don't know when you have been released to move on.

Nigeria had been thrown deep into a deep rut and this man is really climbing out and all you do is open your dirty mouth and talk rubbish on nairaland! God have mercy on some Nigerians who are their own witches and wizards! Biting your own self and crying wolf! Open your eyes, Nigeria is making progress,come with us or remain behind!
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 01, 2014
Let me verify this claim.
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2014
BrownKnight:
Big economy that is not reflected in the lives of lazy people like me.
shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2014
Nobleval:
shocked shocked
You are very stu.pid.
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by shift15(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Nigeria Now 20th Largest Economy? by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 01, 2014
BrownKnight:

You are very stu.pid.
whatever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi / Police IG Snubs House Of Reps Over Siege On National Assembly / What Is The Meaning Of Dullard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.