Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. (3298 Views)

Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by dandollar1: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Gazzuzz,abeg no vex. I had to bring it up here cos I feel you will see it in time.

I have this issues with my 2007 Honda accord,I4,automtic:

1.When moving slowly (at about 20km /hr) and try to acceralate, or try accelerating after a brief stop,the pedal does not respond(becomes stiff), the tachometer remains at zero,then it picks up after about 3-5 seconds. It happens intermittently.

2.Sometimes I can't start the car when the gear is in the park position, until I put it in neutral. It's becoming too frequent now.

Please what is wrong and how do I resolve the issues?
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:57am On Nov 09, 2014
U turn back to lagos,Remaining battery power would not take me into lagos so I thought of buying a new battery, but since its sunday there was no one selling.... Car began jerking I knew I had only a few km left for car to stall completely, I see this guys car parked on the road he's looking really confused so I decide to stop there. I turned off engine and went to ask him what was wrong with his vehicle? He said his brakes failed and fluid was leaking from rear right wheel, I told him my battery was flat and needed a charge so I struck a deal with him, ill fix your leak while we use ur car to charge my battery, it was a rusted pipe so I ended up blocking it, we bleed it and it was fine, it took like 10mins and I felt my battery was not charged enough, so another deal was struck, I use ur battery till we get to ojodu berger then we swap back, the chap was ok with it, got to berger and swapped back. Got home with a little juice left. grin

4 Likes

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:59am On Nov 09, 2014
dandollar1:
Gazzuzz,abeg no vex. I had to bring it up here cos I feel you will see it in time.

I have this issues with my 2007 Honda accord,automtic:

1.When moving slowly (at about 20km /hr) and try to acceralate, or try accelerating after a brief stop,the pedal does not respond(becomes stiff), the tachometer remains at zero,then it picks up after about 3-5 seconds. It happens intermittently.

2.Sometimes I can't start the car when the gear is in the park position, until I put it in neutral. It's becoming too frequent now.

Please what is wrong and how do I resolve the issues?

U didn't even tell me pele for my car troubles undecided

1 Like

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by dandollar1: 10:07am On Nov 09, 2014
OMG! cry I'm sorry, for not sympathising with you. PELE, boss.I guess I was carried away by my own issue. No vex abeg. Just that I fear any issues with my car because I'm in an island where the mechanics here know next to nothing.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2014
dandollar1:
OMG! cry I'm sorry, for not sympathising with you. PELE, boss.I guess I was carried away by my own issue. No vex abeg. Just that I fear any issues with my car because I'm in an island where the mechanics here know next to nothing.

Problem 1. Scan so we don't use panadol to cure malaria.

Problem 2. Inhibitor switch,neutral saftey switch or range sensor might be faulty.

Try and open a new thread.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by andre82(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2014
So have u taken "necessary" measures with Kazeem for making you go through all that
GAZZUZZ:
U turn back to lagos,Remaining battery power would not take me into lagos so I thought of buying a new battery, but since its sunday there was no one selling.... Car began jerking I knew I had only a few km left for car to stall completely, I see this guys car parked on the road he's looking really confused so I decide to stop there. I turned off engine and went to ask him what was wrong with his vehicle? He said his brakes failed and fluid was leaking from rear right wheel, I told him my battery was flat and needed a charge so I struck a deal with him, ill fix your leak while we use ur car to charge my battery, it was a rusted pipe so I ended up blocking it, we bleed it and it was fine, it took like 10mins and I felt my battery was not charged enough, so another deal was struck, I use ur battery till we get to ojodu berger then we swap back, the chap was ok with it, got to berger and swapped back. Got home with a little juice left. grin
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2014
andre82:
So have u taken "necessary" measures with Kazeem for making you go through all that

Nope parked the car, and traveled with the keys.
went with my fuel repelant (kia-rio).

When next I vist lagos I will fix it my self.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Nope parked the car, and traveled with the keys.
went with my fuel repelant (kia-rio).

When next I vist lagos I will fix it my self.

Sup bro, sorry about how kazzeem left a sour taste in your mouth.
Hope the issue on that toyota ain't some pocket leaking+nightmare inducing issue?

Lol at 'fuel repellant'. How's she doing?
I feel the engine in the Kia ain't gonna be as 'smooth de silk' at higher speeds exceeding 120km/hr and its not gonna inspire and/or command confident driving in when compared to a bigger displacement engine maybe with even more cylinder either in an L or V design and a car with emphasis on high speed touring cruiser or sporty performance. Do does it?
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2014
lomomike:

Sup bro, sorry about how kazzeem left a sour taste in your mouth.
Hope the issue on that toyota ain't some pocket leaking+nightmare inducing issue?

Lol at 'fuel repellent'. How's she doing?
I feel the engine in the Kia ain't gonna be as 'smooth de silk' at higher speeds exceeding 120km/hr and its not gonna inspire and/or command confident driving in when compared to a bigger displacement engine maybe with even more cylinder either in an L or V design and a car with emphasis on high speed touring cruiser or sporty performance. Do does it?

Its a light car, very good suspension, excellent for potholes, its a very good sprinter, excellent fuel economy very cheap parts (ridiculously. Cheap) and 1 do sustained speeds 140km/ph without any issues.

Before I forget the A.C is a killer!!

And I don't get stopped by the police or customs cause it was not bought tokumbor.

Its a win win situations since I travel alone most times.

The engine (head/block) costs 45-50k.

2 Likes

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by andre82(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2014
All that in a kia Rio Pls may I ask which model year?
GAZZUZZ:

Its a light car, very good suspension, excellent for potholes, its a very good sprinter, excellent fuel economy very cheap parts (ridiculously. Cheap) and 1 do sustained speeds 140km/ph without any issues.

Before I forget the A.C is a killer!!

And I don't get stopped by the police or customs cause it was not bought tokumbor.

Its a win win situations since I travel alone most times.

The engine (head/block) costs 45-50k.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2014
andre82:
All that in a kia Rio Pls may I ask which model year?
Rio 07
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by andre82(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2014
Thanks boss. Goan google it up
GAZZUZZ:

Rio 07

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presently Looking @ Honda City 09/10 Model, Any Advise Plzzz 9ira'land / Peugeot Owners Meet: Abuja / Which Car Sticker Or Emblem In Nigeria Is The Most Powerful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.