Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? (35850 Views)

Top 5 Most Successful Football Club In Nigeria / Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by franciseromosel(m): 11:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mikel Obi,Yakubu Aiyegbeni,Elvan Ikoku,Joseph Yobo,Kanu Nwankwo.Pick your choice

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 01, 2014
Mikel of course, he has won every available laurel in England, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premiership, all more than once, outside England he has won the most coveted Trophy in Europe (The Champions league) with the same English Club. . . King Kanu comes close in 2nd place!

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by redcliff: 5:42am On Nov 01, 2014
Records would give it to mikel..memories would give it to kanu. Mikel is just a lucky soa who did not play to merit that position

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Haywhymido(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2014
redcliff:
Records woukd give it to mikel..memories would give it to kanu. Mikel is just a lucky soa who did not play to merit that position
u must be kidding, mikel has been in chelsea 1st 11 since avram grant era till benitez era. Dis is d period chelsea make records n history. If he is lucky den be happy 4 him nt hating, do u knw if we r all lucky we dd be wia we r suppose to be. Meaning be happy 4 him dat he is lucky n successful so dat your time wil come too. Yea, he may no longer be as gud as b4 but nobody has is medal records

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by redcliff: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2014
Haywhymido:
u must be kidding, mikel has been in chelsea 1st 11 since avram grant era till benitez era. Dis is d period chelsea make records n history. If he is lucky den be happy 4 him nt hating, do u knw if we r all lucky we dd be wia we r suppose to be. Meaning be happy 4 him dat he is lucky n successful so dat your time wil come too. Yea, he may no longer be as gud as b4 but nobody has is medal records
Yea you are right

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by powerblaze(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Obviously thats Mikel

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2014
Mikel Obi is the most successful Nigeria player in England and also in Europe both past, present and future.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Hanibal(m): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2014
As much as I hate to say it... Mikel is the most sucessful

I made it I made it!!!!!!
front page!!!!
this is an omen dat i will get a job soon
First of all I want to say thank you to airtel for seling 4gig at 2k
Thank you to my brain for d foresight to comment
Thank you to tecno for selling me a cheap and efficient android fone
Thanks to Nepa sorry phcn or watever sha for bringing light to charge my fone
Thanks in advance to people who will like dis, people who will quote to yab me etc.
I have faith dat next time I will be first to comment.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Debroslink: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2014
modelmike7:
Mikel of course, he has won every available laurel in England, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premiership, all more than once, outside England he has won the most coveted Trophy in Europe (The Champions league) with the same English Club. . . King Kanu comes close in 2nd place!
KANU is more successful than Mikel. KANU won 2 EPL titles while Mikel has one. Forget continental titles, we are talking of EPL here. KANU singlehandedly won FA cup for Portsmouth after winning for arsenal.

36 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by johnbuck81(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
modelmike7:
mikel has only won d EPL once..
#trueblues

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by starlingbawa(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
modelmike7:

I think this post is what I subscribe to as well!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by bomkizle(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
who are they?
Are they boko haram terrorist caught by Nigerian army?undecided
I don't know this because I schooled in Franceundecided

14 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by klem93(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Obi ni ooo
Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by chibwike(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mikel obi

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by ichidodo: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kanu Nwankwo...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Babyboy1986(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
No one.
Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Sunnycliff(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
I tip Kanu, having won most titles in Europe than all of dem

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
ballotery

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by kunlesehan(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
modelmike7:
well said and I concur

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by ggrin(f): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mikelis snailobi undecided
Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by blemon44(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
who else if not JOHN OBI MIKEL
he has won evryrhing in england and europe

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kanu of cos

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Between Kanu and Mikel. But I will go for Mikel
Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by TDonald: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
These 3 are it for me

KANU ‘PAPILLO’ NWANKWO

Although Kanu made most of his EPL appearances as a substitute,
he is the reason the league became a popular one here in Nigeria.
He moved to Arsenal from FC Internazionale of Italy for 4.1 million
pounds after a scare about his heart. He went on to play for West
Bromwich Albion and Portsmouth. He made a total of 315
appearances (118 as a substitute, an EPL record) scoring 57 goals.
He won 2 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cup trophies, and 1
Community Shield, African and BBC Footballer of the year during his
stint in England.

JOHN MIKEL OBI

John Michael Nchekwube Obinna popularly known as Mikel Obi
joined London giants Chelsea after a tug of war with Manchester
United that saw FIFA intervene and act as a pacifier between the
two rivals. The matter was resolved and Chelsea were asked to pay
12million pounds in compensation to Manchester United and
4million pounds to his parent club, FC Lyn Oslo of Norway.
He made his EPL debut as a substitute and scored his first goal in
English football in 6-1 thumping of Macclesfield Town in January
2007 (FA Cup). He’s gone on to play in the League Cup, FA Cup,
and Champions League finals for the club. He’s the most decorated
Nigerian to play in the EPL; he has won a Premier league title, 4 FA
Cups, 1 League Cup and 1 Champions League medal during his 5
years at Chelsea. He’s also made 160 appearances for the club
scoring 2goals.

YAKUBU ‘YAK’ AIYEGBENI

After a tremendous display in the 2002/2003 Champions League
campaign in which he scored 7 goals in 8 matches, he earned a
loan deal to Portsmouth FC, who were fighting for promotion in the
Championship. He helped them to the EPL before signing
permanently.
He is the third highest goal scorer in the history of the Nigerian
national team. He made his debut in English football as a 57
minute substitute for Vincent Pericard in 1-all draw against Brighton
& Hove Albion on 18 June 2004 and scored his first goal against
Grimsby in his first start.
He played 37 times in Portsmouth’s debut season in the EPL
scoring 16 times; he scored his debut EPL goal in the 1-1 draw
against Manchester City (his second match).
He went on to represent Middlesborough, Everton, Leicester City
and Blackburn Rovers. He scored 29, 26, 25, 17 EPL goals for
Pompey, Middlesborough, Everton and Blackburn Rovers
respectively. He has a total of 97goals in 213 appearances;
averaging 0.45goal per game.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by obeenah40(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
Definately john Mikel Bus enforcer Obi,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court / Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / Raphael Dwamena Dies After Suffering A Heart Attack In Albania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.