Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,526 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant (2082 Views)

Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? / Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister / Hope For Kidney Disease Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by coded01: 4:29am On Nov 01, 2014
Obinna Anokwuru would have loved to celebrate his 35th birthday partying with family and friends on October 23, 2014, but the young man’s fate did not afford him such pleasure. In fact, only a few of his friends and family could wish him happy birthday: they seem not to have the emotional strength to wish him one.

In 2012 when Anokwuru was feeling unusually weak and dizzy, he had no idea of the pain ahead. Handsome and well-built, some of the female friends that once admired him had since stopped calling him. The feeling of love for him has now turned to that of sympathy – how emotions can quickly fade!

After proper diagnosis by medical experts, it was discovered that one of his kidneys had failed. And since then, the once smiles-beaming face of the bachelor has shrunk. Sitting down on a couch in his apartment with a protruded belly, it seems like his world is crashing right in his face. His business is gone already; and he is afraid his life may be gone also if he is unable to raise the fund for a kidney transplant in an Indian hospital.

The Edo State indigene told Saturday PUNCH, “Two years ago, I came home unusually feeling dizzy and weak. I thought it was malaria or probably fatigue. When it was getting worse, I went for a medical checkup and there I got the most unexpected news about me.

“Doctors said I had kidney failure. I was shedding tears because I knew what that meant. I was told to start dialysis, which has wiped away all my savings and other resources. If I fail to go for the dialysis, I feel severe pain in my body. This suffering is too much for me and I wish this cup will pass over me. This is not the kind of life I wished for.”

Since he barely had the strength to talk long, his sister, Mrs. Lorretta Udemba, said since his predicament began, friends and relatives had spent almost all their life savings to save her sibling. She added that his situation had become a nightmare to the family because “we are drained of all our resources.”

“Obinna’s medical condition was first detected in 2012, and he immediately started dialysis, which the family was able to sustain for some months. But we have not been able to continue with it due to financial constraints. Right now, his condition has deteriorated as you can see how helplessly he is sitting,” she said.

Udemba added that her brother used to go for dialysis twice a week to stay fit – each session costing N50,000. She also disclosed that every month since 2012 when the illness started, the family spends about N500,000: N400,000 for dialysis and N100,000 for drugs and other contingencies. This has caused the family to be financially strained.

But despite the dialysis, his condition is not getting any better, and doctors have advised that kidney transplant in an Indian hospital would be the way out of his predicament – at a cost of N8m ($48,000). Unfortunately, the family does not have the wherewithal to bear such cost.

*Continues below*

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by coded01: 4:30am On Nov 01, 2014
Born to the family of late Bright and Celine Anokwuru, Obinna’s father was once the national auditor of the Nigeria Labour Congress, where he served together with the current governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole.

“We urgently need the help of kind-hearted people to assist us with the cost of sending him abroad for the kidney transplant, which has been estimated at N8m, excluding the amount we will give to the kidney donor. We will not take any kind gesture for granted. Please come to our aid before my brother dies,” Udemba pleaded.

Obinna and his sister, Lorretta Udemba, could be reached on 08029002341, 08033026271, and 07033462302. His account details are also as follows: Name: Anokwuru Victor Obinna; Account numbers: GT BANK (0116983382) or ECOBANK (2951027692).

http://www.punchng.com/news/man-needs-n8m-for-kidney-transplant/

Anokwuru before the illness

1 Like

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by eunisam: 5:44am On Nov 01, 2014
God have mercy!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 6:36am On Nov 01, 2014
Obinna, ur kinsmen wld rather give their money to gej to buy ticket than to use it in order to save ur life. Ur pple na eye-service dem sabi pass; dem nor de help each other.
May God b with u!

1 Like

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 6:39am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
Obinna, ur kinsmen wld rather give their money to gej to buy ticket than to use it in order to save ur life. Ur pple na eye-service dem sabi pass; dem nor de help each other.
May God b with u!
You old fool,his kinsmen owes him nothing and they have the absolute right to spend their money on whoever and whatever they deem necessary.

They are not like your feudal lords in the North, they are autonomous in nature and that's what makes them a free people unlike your slave asss that is tied to one Alhaji. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by oilykid(m): 6:45am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
May God b with u!
Don't you think that is too early for this undecided
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 6:48am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
You old fool,his kinsmen owes him nothing and they have the absolute right to spend their money on whoever and whatever they deem necessary.

They are not like your feudal lords in the North, they are autonomous in nature and that's what makes them a free people unlike your slave asss that is tied to one Alhaji. tongue
u ponce, get it right-i'm a young man as ur 'hacky' azz. And to prove that idiosyncrasy in my post, u posited that none of his kinsman is owing him a dime. Must owe someone b4 u can help him/her? Poof, i'm not tied to any Alhaji, u are.

1 Like

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
May God b with u!
Here comes the inhumanity of TAN and Powerful Igbo Lords, they rather give their money to endorse the political aspiration of a failed project called Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 6:57am On Nov 01, 2014
oilykid:
Don't you think that is too early for this undecided
there is no time too early to speak tha truth.
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 6:57am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
u ponce, get it right-i'm a young man as ur 'hacky' azz. And to prove that idiosyncrasy in my post, u posited that none of his kinsman is owing him a dime. Must owe someone b4 u can help him/her? Poof, i'm not tied to any Alhaji, u are.
Look at him barking like a rabid dog over a comment.

Your money is for you and you alone and whoever you wish to help should be strictly at your own discretion and no one should be coerced or forced to help anyone with his money under no circumstances. - Yes I said it.

If not for your Islamic background that teaches such warped ideology, why on earth would you even say they must help him? make you money and always remember there could be rainy days ahead and keep something around that you can easily fall back to and get yourself fixed if it is obvious that you need huge help that could take time to come by.

Once again, salam alaikum. grin tongue
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Here comes the inhumanity of TAN and Powerful Igbo Lords, they rather give their money to endorse the political aspiration of a failed project called Jonathan.
Both of you are old fools grin
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
Both of you are old fools grin
Boss this wasn't part of the agreement. Lol @ Old
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:02am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
can u 'imargin the margin'. If d gej they support had built standard hospital in SE, do u think the youngman wld have to spend that much to get d surgery done? I just cant understand those ppl and their support for gej.
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 7:03am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Good morning to you and caseless.

In fact, I'll follow both of you bumper to bumper - I'm in for a fight against both of you ,enough of your excesses on my dear President cheesy
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:

In fact, I'll follow both of you bumper to bumper - I'm in for a fight against both of you ,enough of your excesses on my dear President cheesy
Goodmorning Sir, please stop fighting a lost battle. GEJ is a goner and a forgotten issue. grin grin
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
Look at him barking like a rabid dog over a comment.

Your money is for you and you alone and whoever you wish to help should be strictly at your own discretion and no one should be coerced or forced to help anyone with his money under no circumstances. - Yes I said it.

If not for your Islamic background that teaches such warped ideology, why on earth would you even say they must help him? make you money and always remember there could be rainy days ahead and keep something around that you can easily fall back to and get yourself fixed if it is obvious that you need huge help that could take time to come by.

Once again, salam alaikum. grin tongue

ami-uwa-alaikum salam!
U ar not serious!

1 Like

Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
'imargine the margin'. If d gej they support had built standard hospital in SE, do u think the youngman wld have to spend that much to get d surgery done? I just cant understand those ppl and their support for gej.
Sharrap caseless.

Let's go and campaign for AfricanApple later we can go back to the battle field in politics section where I'll decimate you and your rank and file . grin
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
'imargine the margin'. If d gej they support had built standard hospital in SE, do u think the youngman wld have to spend that much to get d surgery done? I just cant understand those ppl and their support for gej.
That is to tell you that their elite don't give a damn about the masses, sadly, the masses still follow the elites that doesnt care about them
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 7:06am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
ami-uwa-alaikum salam!
U ar not serious!
Of course I'm not serious ,If I was serious I'd be in the hospital. grin
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:07am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
u de mind am... grin
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Goodmorning Sir, please stop fighting a lost battle. GEJ is a goner and a forgotten issue. grin grin
Morning brother.No lost battle here.
When GEJ finally wins I'll invite you and caseless to dinner where I'll pick out your eyes with my fork for not seeing properly before supporting a jan.jaweed party cheesy
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:09am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
That is to tell you that their elite don't give a damn about the masses, sadly, the masses still follow the elites that doesnt care about them
the same they might hav as leaders if biafra(dead agitation) comes thru.
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
u de mind am... grin
Truckpusher sniffed cocaine this morning grin grin
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:

na u go taya ooo; u cant win d fight sha. D namby-pamby(ur paymaster ) is goin out next year.
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
When GEJ finally wins I'll invite you and caseless to dinner where I'll pick out your eyes with my fork for not seeing properly before supporting a jan.jaweed party cheesy
Is it that Jonathanians and PDP usually kills opposition? Is that why PDP is killing poor and helpless Nigerians in the NE?
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Truckpusher(m): 7:13am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Na only cocaine?

Na cocaine plus - You think say I be Tinubu the jan.jaweed party pioneer ? cheesy
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
Na only cocaine?

Na cocaine plus - You think say I be Tinubu the jan.jaweed party pioneer ? cheesy
If only NDLEA is equal to the task
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:18am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
Sharrap caseless.

Let's go and campaign for AfricanApple later we can go back to the battle field in politics section where I'll decimate you and your rank and file . grin
yeah, let's go! AP must win o. When we come back, i can then put ur bighead to d grinding stone proper.
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by anonimi: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Caseless:
can u 'imargin the margin'. If d gej they support had built standard hospital in SE, do u think the youngman wld have to spend that much to get d surgery done? I just cant understand those ppl and their support for gej.

I thought our state governors constitutionally RESPONSIBLE for providing adequate number of clinics and General hospitals that are properly equipped & staffed such that early diagnosis & prompt treatment is possible.
Is that not so
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
Is it that Jonathanians and PDP usually kills opposition? Is that why PDP is killing poor and helpless Nigerians in the NE?
*in gej's voice on that animation* Tamuno!!!
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:23am On Nov 01, 2014
Truckpusher:
jesus!!
Re: Man Needs N8m For Kidney Transplant by Caseless: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2014
barcanista:
i knw hin work.
Ehen, barca, make u go that miss nairaland thread and support africanapple pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Getting Rid Of Belly Fat After A Caesarean Section / Why Can't Mosquitoes Spread HIV/AIDS / Join Forever Living Product And Become A Distributor; Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.