Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates (28708 Views)

Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Canme4u(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2014
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by ednut1(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2014
yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by pendy79: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2014
When the government tries to force down an unnecessary plate number changeon the populace without any clear justification and some people are celebrating it. It shows the level of sycopancy this government enjoys.

Can someone please tell me the last time plate number change was effected in the uk or the usa? Nigerians are truly their own albatross celebrating a clear rip up as a victory.

6 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by yinkarh187(m): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2014
ok
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by lastpage: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2014
APPEAL COURT:

APPEAL COURT UPTURNS LAGOS COURT DECISION ON NUMBER PLATES

In a Judgment delivered by Justice Joseph Ike with Justice Ndukwe Anyanwu and Justice Tukur as members, the Court of Appeal :

Hmmm..... TWO against ONE! shocked shocked
We know the "Cash and Carry JUDGES" in this country!
wink undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by mekaboy(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2014
pendy79:
When the government tries to force down an unnecessary plate number changeon the populace without any clear justification and some people are celebrating it. It shows the level of sycopancy this government enjoys.

Can someone please tell me the last time plate number change was effected in the uk or the usa? Nigerians are truly their own albatross celebrating a clear rip up as a victory.

I think those in support dont av cars.

7 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by lastpage: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2014
mekaboy:

I think those in support dont av cars sense.
wink wink undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by dennisbee(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2014
Ok oohh.
Let's await SC's interpretation of the law. I hope the respondents make a further appeal to the highest court of the land. Although personally I don't fancy that judgement.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by justi4jesu(f): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2014
NOTED
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by labamo07(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2014
mekaboy:

Of course they can't afford to buy tires, let alone engine. Are you telling me I have to forcefully change my number plate asap if I don't want to start paying FRSC or even Nigerian Police? So you mean someone who has a car, got for the wife, another for the kids to take to school and one for the parents will have to change them all, that's ridiculous. Foolish people in support, do you know the cost of changing the plate, one costs around N33,000. Craziiii

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Icecomrade: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2014
[b][/b]What nonsense Judgement!!!!!!!!!

Who bears the cost of the old number and drivers license issued by the same FRSC?

Doesnt it make more sense if existing car owners are required to return old numbers and pick up new ones at subsidized cost?

These judges ve gotten too old. They ve lost to of the true meaning of justice. Its time to retiire them.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by pendy79: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2014
mekaboy:

You may right though but trust me nigerians are the most funny people on earth who celebrates anything that makes their brothers in power happy.

Stella oduah was celebrated in igboland, alamaseigha was defended and celebrated in bayelsa and ibori was called a victim by some folks in delta.

We are a peculiar people my brother. Suffering and smiling fela called us. Most are happy becos it means more money for the government .

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by frank442: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2014
Judgement for highest bider. We shall fight for ourself one day

Toll gate u pay

Nepa u pay craze bill yet no constant light

No water

Our road death trap

Waec u pay to check resullt

Jamb u pay to check

Acceptance fee u pay

NYSC. Callup. U Pay

Graduation gowm u pay

immigration. Job u pay

Mariage certificate u pay

Birth certificate u Pay

Death certificate u pay

Nothing free from Govrnment

Yet no good service

The day is closer foor us to fight of ourself

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Slyfrankie: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2014
Na so..
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by eagleeye2: 9:36am On Nov 02, 2014
There was a country. December is here, and election is around the corner. How dem for do....money must be raised.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by AJOT99(m): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2014
Hmmm....Naija!
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by pfrank: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2014
We the public are not satify with the judgement, this issue of plate should be pass to the supreme court . What is d diff between d old and d new number? This should be showed to d public

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Twinmama(f): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2014
I think it's high time the Federal Govt scrapes this FRSC. They neglect their duties and pick up VIO's duty. Come to think of it 'what has plate number got to do with safety on the road'? Won ti fe te, think of the cost of fueling and maintaining the car plus that stupid plate no. I will be among those that will carry placards to protest. Naija oppressing naija, it must stop. Let them allow us to celebrate this Christmas in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by IYANGBALI: 9:59am On Nov 02, 2014
helphelp:
They should put a 6 months max time period
see your mouth,you dey talk like say you follow us get motor,toy bicycle you no get grin
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Elan83(m): 9:59am On Nov 02, 2014
I shal comment wen i buy a car, ryt nw i dnt gv a damn! I need God 1st !

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by goddyxplus(m): 10:01am On Nov 02, 2014
Hm
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by IYANGBALI: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2014
eagleeye2:
There was a country. December is here, and election is around the corner. How dem for do....money must be raised.
omo na the koko be dat. FRSC must contribute to GEJ erec-tion in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by IYANGBALI: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2014
frank442:
Judgement for highest bider. We shall fight for ourself one day

Toll gate u pay

Nepa u pay craze bill yet no constant light

No water

Our road death trap

Waec u pay to check resullt

Jamb u pay to check

Acceptance fee u pay

NYSC. Callup. U Pay

Graduation gowm u pay

immigration. Job u pay

Mariage certificate u pay

Birth certificate u Pay

Death certificate u pay

Nothing free from Govrnment

Yet no good service

The day is closer foor us to fight of ourself
na few days remain

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2014
Are we talking about the more than 200 dollars worth of plate number?Thieves!!!!

NDI ORI

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by skyeboy98(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2014
helphelp:
I have kukuma changed to the new plate and new driver's license...

Notwithstanding, the people needs more time to arrange the new plate, igboro ain't smiling na...
guy how much b de new drivers license abeg.
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 02, 2014
What stop this worthless govt from making it free for those who already have the old plate number as a means of exchange? Thereby making those who don't have to pay for fresh ones?

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by wanimo: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2014
So my old plate number makes me a traffic offender by 2moro morning! Lord have mercy! I am a law abiding Nigerian citizen now im going to either become an offender 2moro or park my vehicle until futher notice. But i believe since the case have been pending in court until the expiration of the deadline, the FRSC should extend the dead line until the end of the year.

Chai.... Dia is GODooo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by thiefnubu(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2014
embarassed
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by KingTom(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2014
labamo07:

Of course they can't afford to buy tires, let alone engine. Are you telling me I have to forcefully change my number plate asap if I don't want to start paying FRSC or even Nigerian Police? So you mean someone who has a car, got for the wife, another for the kids to take to school and one for the parents will have to change them all, that's ridiculous. Foolish people in support, do you know the cost of changing the plate, one costs around N33,000. Craziiii
My brother its a terrible thing I spent N55,000 just to register my Ford Ranger and get the new plates. The stupid foolish man was still asking for bribe I felt like giving him a dirty slap!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Full Meaning Of Cars / Dutch Firm Releases 'First Solar Car That Travels 450 Miles On Single Charge' / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.