Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Let Us Forget This Money Gospel. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Forget This Money Gospel. (492 Views)

I’ve Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria / I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Forget This Money Gospel. by lastmessenger: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2014
Sometime ago, I was looking for something desperately and my mum trYing to help out met a woman who is into ministry and the woman told her that I have to promise God money if God is to grant my request.
I can recount countless times where I was told to give something if I am to get what I am looking for. In fact I have heard pastor chris in one of those financial convention that if you are struggling with one sin or the other. That the planting of a money seed could be the answer to your getting free from such sin.
Bishop Oyedepo once said that if you don't pay your tithe that things will tight for you.some have been threatened with hell fire. Some where told that they will be poor if they don't sow their money into the church.
This make me begin to wonder how we got to this point.the thing which Jesus called the additions have in a way been made the central theme in today's Pentecostal church leaving behind the real message which is about the kingdom of God.
Today people answer the alter call to prosperity and not salvation. After they have been told how God will bless them.then in tail tail end of the message they will be told that to enjoy all these things that they need to accept Jesus into their lives. then you will see them troop to the front of the alter walking in style and when they stay for two months and it seems what brought them to Christ has not come, they become discouraged and go back to sin.
What is it that I am saying? My simple point is that it time to go back to the main message of Christianity which is about the kingdom of God.jesus said that we should seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness and that all these things( the blessings) shall be added unto us.
Jesus asked us to pray " thy kingdom come and let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" and Paul told us that the kingdom of God is not meat and drink( the things we like to emphasize)but that it is righteousness,peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.it is time to abandon this money gospel and preach about Gods kingdom.
Another thing that is missing in today's church is the message of love for God and our fellow humans.yes we were told that now abide hope, faith and love but that the greatest of them is love.Jesus said that it is only when we love one another that the whole world will know that we are the children of God. But what do we have today. It is actually the opposite.if the message of love is emphasized then it will be very difficult for us to see ministers of God going to court to divorce. Believe me Pastor Anita and Chris will find a place to forgive each other if really the message of love is taken serious in today's church.

(1) (Reply)

Gospel According To Jesus Christ. / A Generation Of Young Christians / 'catholic Priest' Hijacks Taxi Driver At Gunpoint, Steals Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.