Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,832 members, 7,798,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? (22416 Views)

Sanchez Vs Hazard / Di Maria Vs Hazard: Who Is A Better Playmaker? / Di Maria Vs Hazard:who Is D Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
jobsat34:

yu too talk am??.. My goodfriend @thegoodjoehunt3 said drogba was never classified as world class oo...

Abeg, sanchez abi satchet dey among the shortlisted for ballon dor ??
Why lie against me? To score cheap points?

I said, under Mourinho, I do not remember Drogba nominated among the top players in the World.

My question to you is:

Was Drogba nominated as one of the best players in the World, that is top three under Mourinho?
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
jobsat34:

yu too talk am??.. My goodfriend @thegoodjoehunt3 said drogba was never classified as world class oo...

Abeg, sanchez abi satchet dey among the shortlisted for ballon dor ??
You are derailing the argument. The point is that, Sanchez has a better chance to make it to the top of the game than Hazard due to Arsene's history in horning out the best from players.

I never said Sanchez was nominated.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by jobsat34(m): 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
You are derailing the argument. The point is that, Sanchez has a better chance to make it to the top of the game than Hazard due to Arsene's history in horning out the best from players.

I never said Sanchez was nominated.

i included d nomination to butress my stand on d arguement.. The organiser of the event has the final say..

What best has sanchez got to offer again??.. He cant get any better than this..
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by jobsat34(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Why lie against me? To score cheap points?

I said, under Mourinho, I do not remember Drogba nominated among the top players in the World.

My question to you is:

Was Drogba nominated as one of the best players in the World, that is top three under Mourinho?

i understand ur point.. And i only argue along the line as well.. Each time yu mention world best, i generalize it as being among not only the best 3 but the peers.. So if yu say drogba is not a world best as far as the top 3 is concern, no prb, but that he is not classified among world greatest, i wont buy that..
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by jobsat34(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Are you saying winning the FA Cup does not count? Haba.

everton, newcastle and others also won fa cups during the period..
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by jobsat34(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
What are you disagreeing. I am not talking based on research. I was a fan of Ikpena's Monaco team with Giuly, Henry and Trezeguet.

Henry was a going kid that held so much promise. Note Ikpeba, Trezeguet, Henry scored at France '98 World Cup. Henry was bought as a promising young kid and flopped. Arsene Wenger saved his career by signing him. Just as Arsene saved Kanu's career too.

Henry flopped at Juventus. This is a fact. Not guess.

one in a million success like that is expected.... Considering the high numbers of talented kids wenger invested on, success rate is very low comparatively.. Wen was the last time yu witness such breakthrough with arsenal??.. Yet they keep investing in their youth setup.. I remember before cohbam training center was set up n upgraded, chelsea youth team only train on thursdays, wen d main team is off.. Now they too are investing heavily in their youth team, with our own success story comin out soon..
The managemnt investment instinct deserve some of the glory too n not only wenger.. Yu tink chelsea ve d time to waste on one certain flop?? Its either yu chip in or ship out..
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
jobsat34:

everton, newcastle and others also won fa cups during the period..
He made it look like Chelsea was not a top team before Mourinho came.

I still remember Vialli, Le Saux, Desailly, Leboueff, Tore Andre Flo, Celestine Babayaro, Hasselbank etc. Chelsea was a big spending team before Mourinho joined the team.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by jobsat34(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

I still remember Vialli, left Saux, Desailly, Leboueff, Tore Andre Flo, Celestine Babayaro, Hasselbank etc. Chelsea was a big spending team before Mourinho joined the team.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
jobsat34:

one in a million success like that is expected.... Considering the high numbers of talented kids wenger invested on, success rate is very low comparatively.. Wen was the last time yu witness such breakthrough with arsenal??.. Yet they keep investing in their youth setup.. I remember before cohbam training center was set up n upgraded, chelsea youth team only train on thursdays, wen d main team is off.. Now they too are investing heavily in their youth team, with our own success story comin out soon..
It does not change the fact that Arsene is a better manager for a growing youth super star than Chelsea.

Look at Nasri, Van Persie, Fabregas. It took Arsene trophy less campaign to achieve that. Mourinho won't sacrifice titles for players. If you flop, he kicks you out. Mourinho will not give a player chance to fail and learn from his mistakes. Look at how he handled Bertrand and Mata.

If it was Arsene, Mata won't leave. He will find a way to make him work.

I am not discrediting Mourinho. All I am saying is Sanchez is in better hands.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by jobsat34(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

I still remember Vialli, left Saux, Desailly, Leboueff, Tore Andre Flo, Celestine Babayaro, Hasselbank etc. Chelsea was a big spending team before Mourinho joined the team.

yeah yu re right but not a regular contender like now... A season without chelsea in europe will look somehow this days unlike those days... Do yu knw hw much sky sport bid for only chelsea matches??. If not for BT sport resistance...??..

I love ur sense of arguement.. A typical fanatics wud be incorporatin abusive words along wit his point, but yu re more professional.. Keep it up bro
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
jobsat34:

yeah yu re right but not a regular contender like now... A season without chelsea in europe will look somehow this days unlike those days... Do yu knw hw much sky sport bid for only chelsea matches??. If not for BT sport resistance...??..

I love ur sense of arguement.. A typical fanatics wud be incorporatin abusive words along wit his point, but yu re more professional.. Keep it up bro
Thanks.

Chelsea has grown from a strong EPL team to a European force. I feel with or without Mourinho, it would have been achieved. I feel Ranieri would have succeeded if Abramovic gave him time.

I feel Mou puts his trophies first. I feel that limits players from growing. Look at Man City. Despite Iheanacho and Zuculini being promising, the club did not field them because of high ambitions.

That is the same with Marin, Lukaku, Kakuta, Nuno Morias, Bertrand, Philippe Oliviera etc.

At Arsenal, if Arsene takes you in, he gives you time to grow.

I feel there is too much pressure on Hazard. He has to deliver instead of learning.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by sucess001(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
Of All of them...na OP better o....

See her statistics...

Imagine fine geh wey con like football again...choi!

Sending you a DM asap! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
What Arsene Wenger did with Thierry Henry and Anelka was amazing. You can not compare that to Mourinho's work on Lampard. Lampard was a top midfielder before Mourinho's arrival. Thierry Henry was a Juve flop and Anelka was a seventeen years old teenager who became the best young player in the World.
I concur with all your points stated above but I did like to do a little addition,lampard wasn't that prolific b4 Mou he was in d shadow of Zola,it was Mou who took him to the highest level,check his statistics b4 Mourinho$Mou's era.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
You who did research, tell me what is correct.

I repeat. Lampard was a top player before Mourinho's arrival.
Lampard was just an average player b4 Mou.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Yes they were. John Terry and Lampard were celebrated. Chelsea was a top team before Mourinho came.
Chelsea was even behind Leeds b4 Mou,I remember Terry was such a naïve(own goal scoring)boy b4 mou changed him to a fearless man.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Yustash001:
i disagree with you....thiery henry was never a floop....and what mourinho did to drogba nko...
Bro Henry was a big time flop @ Juventus,he flopped so much he is one of their worst buy ever.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Greatihex:
yet no trophy since 50yrs?
Don't get it wrong chelsea were in the league "desert" for 50years because they won other trophies in that 50years.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It does not change the fact that Arsene is a better manager for a growing youth super star than Chelsea.

Look at Nasri, Van Persie, Fabregas. It took Arsene trophy less campaign to achieve that. Mourinho won't sacrifice titles for players. If you flop, he kicks you out. Mourinho will not give a player chance to fail and learn from his mistakes. Look at how he handled Bertrand and Mata.

If it was Arsene, Mata won't leave. He will find a way to make him work.

I am not discrediting Mourinho. All I am saying is Sanchez is in better hands.
If I have a boy who is like 12years,I will hand him over to wenger instead of Mou,this comig from a chelsea fan.
Mourinho is a better Coach but wenger is a better man manager$youth"groomer".

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Thanks.

Chelsea has grown from a strong EPL team to a European force. I feel with or without Mourinho, it would have been achieved. I feel Ranieri would have succeeded if Abramovic gave him time.

I feel Mou puts his trophies first. I feel that limits players from growing. Look at Man City. Despite Iheanacho and Zuculini being promising, the club did not field them because of high ambitions.

That is the same with Marin, Lukaku, Kakuta, Nuno Morias, Bertrand, Philippe Oliviera etc.

At Arsenal, if Arsene takes you in, he gives you time to grow.

I feel there is too much pressure on Hazard. He has to deliver instead of learning.
I doubt if "Tinker man"would have won the league not to talk of d ucl,he is just like Hector cuper.
I know u understand d Cuper's ish.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
I like sparring with thegoodjoehunt3,because he is mature with his words.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Chelsea was even behind Leeds b4 Mou,I remember Terry was such a naïve(own goal scoring)boy b4 mou changed him to a fearless man.
Back then, he was known as John TerryBle (terrible). He picked up under Ranieri but Mourinho who is good at training defenders, turned him into one of the best defenders in the world.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
I doubt if "Tinker man"would have won the league not to talk of d ucl,he is just like Hector cuper.
I know u understand d Cuper's ish.
I agree here. Coach Ranieri plays for glamour than titles. Title winning takes shrewdness. Coach Ranieri got Chelsea playing wonderfully, Mountain, turned them to winners.

By the way, Coach Ranieri, Mou battle in 2009/2010 was refreshing for the game in Italy. Mourinho won the league, Ranieri finished second. In the Coppa Italia, Mourinho beat him at the finals. If not Mou, Ranieri would have had an amazing 2010.

Coach Hector Cuper was my man. His 5-3 aggregate against Barca and Lazio was amazing. Sad he fell off the scene after Inter Milan.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I agree here. Coach Ranieri plays for glamour than titles. Title winning takes shrewdness. Coach Ranieri got Chelsea playing wonderfully, Mountain, turned them to winners.

By the way, Coach Ranieri, Mou battle in 2009/2010 was refreshing for the game in Italy. Mourinho won the league, Ranieri finished second. In the Coppa Italia, Mourinho beat him at the finals. If not Mou, Ranieri would have had an amazing 2010.

Coach Hector Cuper was my man. His 5-3 aggregate against Barca and Lazio was amazing. Sad he fell off the scene after Inter Milan.
Hector is a "nearly man".
Ranieri$cuper won't be remembered in the next decade,most peeps here sef don't know who cuper is.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Lampard was just an average player b4 Mou.

The following season, he was selected as the Barclays Player of the Month in :

September 2003, and the PFA Fans' Player of the Month in October.

Chelsea finished 2nd in the 2003–04 Premier League behind unbeaten Arsenal and he was named in the 2004 PFA Team of the Year as he reached double figures in league goals (10) for the first time in his career, in addition to four goals in fourteen UEFA Champions League matches, as Chelsea advanced to the semi-finals.

In the semi-final against Monaco he scored, but Chelsea lost 5–3 on aggregate.

Lampard's development was done under Ranieri, not Mourinho. He was a top player. Mourinho took him from a top player to one of the top 5 in the World. However, Lampard was not average before Mourinho.

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Hector is a "nearly man".
Ranieri$cuper won't be remembered in the next decade,most peeps here sef don't know who cuper is.
However, if anyone watched football in 1999-2001, Hector Cuper cannot be forgotten. Especially his boys like Gerard, Claudio Lopez, Mendietta, Angloma, Angulo and Kily Gonzalez.

Their counter attacks were breath taking. Sad they lost that final to Real Madrid. That goal of Raul was a dagger to the heart. However, those of us that watched them then, will never forget Valencia before Benitez.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
However, if anyone watched football in 1999-2001, Hector Cuper cannot be forgotten. Especially his boys like Gerard, Claudio Lopez, Mendietta, Angloma, Angulo and Kily Gonzalez.

Their counter attacks were breath taking. Sad they lost that final to Real Madrid. That goal of Raul was a dagger to the heart. However, those of us that watched them then, will never forget Valencia before Benitez.
But you know "History doesn't favor the losers"?not undermining his days though.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

The following season, he was selected as the Barclays Player of the Month in :

September 2003, and the PFA Fans' Player of the Month in October.

Chelsea finished 2nd in the 2003–04 Premier League behind unbeaten Arsenal and he was named in the 2004 PFA Team of the Year as he reached double figures in league goals (10) for the first time in his career, in addition to four goals in fourteen UEFA Champions League matches, as Chelsea advanced to the semi-finals.

In the semi-final against Monaco he scored, but Chelsea lost 5–3 on aggregate.

Lampard's development was done under Ranieri, not Mourinho. He was a top player. Mourinho took him from a top player to one of the top 5 in the World. However, Lampard was not average before Mourinho.

He maybe showing flashes but he was still average if you compare it with his "monster" records from 2005 till date.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
He maybe showing flashes but he was still average if you compare it with his "monster" records from 2005 till date.
Lampard was good. He was not as bad as Thierry Henry was at Juventus. That is what I am trying to point out.

If you ask people then, to list the EPL best players then, Lampard's name will be mentioned. Even though, under Mourinho, Pampered changed to some thing else.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
But you know "History doesn't favor the losers"?not undermining his days though.
At the end, Coaches who play exciting football are those who make me love the game. History does not remember the great Netherland team of 1974, 1978 but when I watch their games, I get delighted remembering how wonderful art can be created on a football pitch.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Lampard was good. He was not as bad as Thierry Henry was at Juventus. That is what I am trying to point out.

If you ask people then, to list the EPL best players then, Lampard's name will be mentioned. Even though, under Mourinho, Pampered changed to some thing else.
You saying that for d first time but doesn't rule out the fact he was an average guy till 2005.I doubt if they will list him because he their were lotsa of midfielder ahead of him those days.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
At the end, Coaches who play exciting football are those who make me love the game. History does not remember the great Netherland team of 1974, 1978 but when I watch their games, I get delighted remembering how wonderful art can be created on a football pitch.
I also love exciting football.
Pep is termed d greatest now because he played exciting football$won some unbelieveable numbers of trophies,Cruijjf cus of "total football"$most importantly cus of trophies.
The 86 WC squad of brazil isn't so prominent cus of their failure.
Re: Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
tuffgongjo:
I also love exciting football.
Pep is termed d greatest now because he played exciting football$won some unbelieveable numbers of trophies,Cruijjf cus of "total football"$most importantly cus of trophies.
The 86 WC squad of brazil isn't so prominent cus of their failure.
There is a saying that says, "attacking sells tickets, defending wins games." I respect coaches who can attack and win.

These men who attacked, player great football might not be remembered, but their art will leave manuals for future attacking coaches who will be successful.

Just like Guardiola learnt from the Cruyff, Van Gaal and Wenger.

In Nigeria, Coach Monday Sinclair who was the Arsene Wenger of our home league should not be forgotten too,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea FC Owner Roman Abramovich Wins Apology Over Putin Claim / Calabar Stadium…eagles’ Slaughter Slab / Nigeria loses football finals at Africa Games, claims silver in Rabat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.