Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun (28485 Views)

For Gazzuz And Other Auto Gurus In The House, Help Diagnose His Car's Condition / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Slaya(m): 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
seanet02:
Stfu
wtf, go tell ur fada to shut hiz mouth
nitwit
bastard son of a biatch
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Aderostock(m): 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
eaglechild:
Good news.

Ogun will now hope to join Lagos, Anambra, Enugu, Kaduna
Ogun to join Anambra, Enugu and kaduna in what?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Ahmeduana(m): 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
If this Country was being ruled by a Chicken, they would have still come.

These automobile companies have had their expansion plans hatched way back since the mid 2000s.

Their incursion is not as a result of GEJ's policy.

Try to follow international news and expand your horizon.
ARE SO DUMB?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Aderostock(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
anonimi:

I wonder why the South South governors are not competing to have these plants located in their areas where they also have seaports
There is an urgent need to DIVERSIFY our industrial development away from over-saturated Lagos axis.
Investors are not only looking for seaports, they consider security, infrastructures, population, et all before embarking on any investment.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Aderostock(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Omimah:

. . . and Olusegun Aganga is free to announce it if it involves the FG?
Laughing out loud. Hahahaha
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Aderostock(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But when the same gej said anambra is the brain box of the nation, some people were living in denial
Tell us the meaning of brain box. 'Industrialized', we know what's brain box?

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by seanet02: 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ya fada
Slaya:

wtf, go tell ur fada to shut hiz mouth
nitwit
bastard son of a biatch
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Exponental(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
i live in ogun.......waiting to see it, till then, i dont believe it, it's a mere political statement.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by JaaizTech: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Exponental:
i live in ogun.......waiting to see it, till then, i dont believe it, it's a mere political statement.

Trust me, it s nothing other than that. The supposed Nissan Plant in Lagos has not been seen by anyone. The plant has never been shown on TV nor their website. All we hear is that there is a plant. The least I expected was for a tour of the plant to be shown on TV.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by wazobiaN9(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:

These automobile companies have had their expansion plans hatched way back since the mid 2000s.

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by wazobiaN9(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:

But you are not far from the truth, the country is being ruled by a man-chicken.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by anonimi: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Aderostock:

Investors are not only looking for seaports, they consider security, infrastructures, population, et all before embarking on any investment.

You are very much on point.
The SS state governors need to get their acts better.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
F117AA:
You are brain dead.
Give me one reason why toyota will come in when they can easily export all of them all here as was the case before.
Like you said before, where is the electricity?
They stated the unstable situation back then too.

But access to the next emerging market is somthing they weren't bout to ignore.

I told you, follow the automobile business on a global scale and you'll understand better.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 3:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ahmeduana:

ARE SO DUMB?
You have no point to offer so move along kid. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by joe120120(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
How

By providing uninterupted power supply??

By repairing South West roads??

What exactly did he do to provide an Enabling Environment for business??
u have ur family ,do care 4 them as GEJ do ? if u do them give Gej time and join him by prise ok
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
joe120120:
u have ur family ,do care 4 them as GEJ do ? if u do them give Gej time and join him by prise ok
After 6yrs, GEJ's body language isn't encouraging.

I was part of the "Give him a chance crew" once.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ojeffo: 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
TRIBE! TRIBE!! TRIBE!!!....WE CRIED AND CRAVED FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE...FOR FOREIGN COMPANIES TO COME AND INVEST SO THAT OUR YOUTHS WILL HV JOBS...FOR MANY YEARS WE LAY IN WAIT...8 YRS OF OBJ'S CLUE-FILLED REIGN..WE ENDURED. WITH LITTL3 OR NOTHING....AND NOW A "CLUELESS" OTUOKE FISHERMAN'S SON CAME ..AND JUST FOUR YEARS..MANY OF THESE FOREIGN FIRMS ARE DANCING INTO NIGERIA. (EVEN WT THE MAN MADE SECURITY CHALLENGES IN THE NORTH)...JOBS ARE BEIGN CREATED...POWER IS BEIGN GENUINELY TACKLED..AGRIC IS RECIEVING A MASSIVE BOOST...
YET...THE SAME PEOPLE WHO CRIED FOR THESE...DUE TO TRIBALISM , ARE DENYING THEY ARE HAPPENING...ONE THING IS SURE...WHOEVER WAKES UP IN THE MORNING AND DENIES THE LIGHT OF DAWN...SHALL SLEEP AND NEVER TO SEE DAWN EVEREVER AGAIN....#ka chineke mezie okwu

4 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Decryptor(m): 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
basilo101:

shut up. Dis is a product of the new auto policy by FG

The same FG that slidewaxie and his SW croonies are berating here. Yeye people who think with their anus

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:

That's a Fat lie to Discredit GEJ, so after hatching the plan since 2000, they did not come till 2014
when GEJ brought out the New Auto Policy. Truth is if Mr president did not bring up this policy, those companies would be no where near Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Tobetoe(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Arch1:
Ogun state has the highest number universities in Nigeria - FACT. Ogun state has the highest number of industries in Nigeria - FACT

all these has nothing to do with JonaTAN. JonaTAN still remains a failure
lagos state has the highest number of industries not.. I repeat not OGUN STATE
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Weselion:
That's a Fat lie to Discredit GEJ, so after hatching the plan since 2000, they did not come till 2014
when GEJ brought out the New Auto Policy. Truth is if Mr president did not bring up this policy, those companies would be no where near Nigeria
I got my information from CEOs of these car companies years back in their interviews.

You got yours from GEJ.

If Shekau was the president, they would have still come. That's why I watch programs like "Quest means business" and not NTA.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ASL33: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
They stated the unstable situation back then too.
Does it mean Nigeria is stable now?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Ijaya123: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
Weselion:

Can you please highlight the details of this so much talked about Auto Policy?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
ASL33:
Does it mean Nigeria is stable now?
Nope, but the potential is there and they don't want to miss out on the next emerging market in the World.

The car companies that moved early to China and India trippled or quadripled their sales.

Those that were late to the party regreted it.

No one is joking with the next emerging market.

These car companies didn't just wake up one day and say "hey, Nigeria has a new Automotive policy, let's go see if we can set up shop there".

They've been planning it for years now. I'm sure they even instigated it.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Arch1:
in one instance you say Ogun is getting this investment because it is closer to Lagos; in another instance you credit this investment to Gej's policy. is it Gej that situated Ogun state close to Lagos?

Mention a single federal government project in Ogun state? All the federal roads in Ogun state are bad !
Bros, Ogun state is closer to a commercial capital Lagos, in Economics availability of land and nearness to Market matters a lot before production, Ogun state has those two factors.

Those companies saw that with the new policy, selling cars to Nigerians will be very expensive and will only favour locally made cars, imagine buying a toyota formerly sold at 4million naira for 12 million. So instead of that, they decided to open their company in Nigeria.

Please even if you don't like president Jonathan, don't try to discredit any good thing he has done. Because he became president, does that mean everything should be balanced?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
Talk is cheap. Let us see the reality. Can't wait for Abeokuta 2 become an industrial city
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ASL33: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
Nope, but the potential is there and they don't want to miss out on the next emerging market in the World.

The car companies that moved early to China and India trippled or quadripled their sales.

Those that were late to the party regreted it.

No one is joking with the next emerging market.

Dude stop sounding like a broken record. If they wanted to cash in on the emerging market stuff you keep on repeating Nigeria being unstable would have not stopped them. So from your analysis they are in now cos nigeria is stable. Or did you wrote that by mistake?

Nigeria is more unstable now than it was 14 years back (2000) yet they are moving in so their must be something to that. The Fed is not at its best but atleast appreciate them when they get something right.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
ASL33:
Dude stop sounding like a broken record. If they wanted to cash in on the emerging market stuff you keep on repeating Nigeria being unstable would have not stopped them. So from your analysis they are in now cos nigeria is stable. Or did you wrote that by mistake?

Nigeria is more unstable now than it was 14 years back (2000) yet they are moving in so their must be something to that. The Fed is not at its best but atleast appreciate them when they get something right.
If you can understand the simple write up i wrote, move ahead and stop buzzing my mention.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ASL33: 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
If you can understand the simple write up i wrote, move ahead and stop buzzing my mention.
Bursted?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
I got my information from CEOs of these car companies years back in their interviews.
You got yours from GEJ.

So since 2000 when you said they made the statement to come to nigeria, they finally made up their mind to come when they found out that the new policy was not favourable.

Ba7man:
they don't want to miss out on the next emerging market in the World

Nigeria has been an emerging market even before year 2000, you think I'm lying? Ask MTN, Dstv, coca cola, cadbury, nestle. Any well planned business done in Nigeria will surely flourish. Those companies saw that even with the expensive-ness of the car, Nigerians are ever ready to buy. The new policy would have made their cars very cost and would only encourage local producers so they decided to come. If they were not making huge sales from Nigeria, even with the policy they would not even bother

Ijaya123:

Can you please highlight the details of this so much talked about Auto Policy?

You can google that bro but one of the policies is this “import duty on fully built [FBU] new, as well as used cars, was increased from 22 per cent to 70 per cent, while a zero per cent duty was placed on imported Completely Knocked Down [CKD] units”

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Aderostock:

Tell us the meaning of brain box. 'Industrialized', we know what's brain box?
Ask gej
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nobleval:
Lagos.
lagos...hum, I pity ur non existing mis guided generation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From The Horrific Accident On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.