Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun (28492 Views)

For Gazzuz And Other Auto Gurus In The House, Help Diagnose His Car's Condition / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
ILIDEFI:

You guys should just be sincere for once. How come these plants only started flooding the country within this year, if it had nothing to do with the automotive policy? How many functional car manufacturing/assembly plants were in this country as at 2 and more years ago?

As for the choice of Ogun state, it's simply due to it's proximity to Lagos. It's very difficulty to acquire a sizeable portion of land for building of new industries in Lagos now, since Lagos is very much congested. Companies and individuals now buy land and build in Ogun state. Even my cousin who trades in Computer village has built a house in Ogun State, because land is cheaper there. As a city expands, it encroaches into adjacent areas. Lagos is simply encroaching into Ogun, just like the development of Abuja is opening up parts of Niger state like Suleja and Madalla, and parts of Nasarawa like Keffi, Mararaba.

If it was about south west, I can bet you they would have been establishing their facilities in Ibadan.
u ar free to go n open ur biz in ibadan, ko kan aye...ntorr

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=fkaz post=27653058][/quote]

Well shaven man...man of substance.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
They stated the unstable situation back then too.

But access to the next emerging market is somthing they weren't bout to ignore.

I told you, follow the automobile business on a global scale and you'll understand better.
Yes, out of all the emerging markets in the world, these companies are flocking to Nigeria because of APC/ogun state govt.
Good thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by jmaine: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
F117AA:
Yes, out of all the emerging markets in the world, these companies are flocking to Nigeria because of APC/ogun state govt.
Good thinking.

Yes oo !!

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
F117AA:
Good thinking.
No, because of the population factor.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by pat077: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
and some people r celebrating d opening of stores in ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Biralee(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
My honest opinion. The government should embark on divesting the economic industrialization of the south-west. The government should embark on projects that will enhance the rapid economic development of other part of the nation. The south-east region should also have a major seaport (cross-river or akwa ibom state) to facilitate the movement of goods and machinery into the nation. A nation as vast as nigeria should not have lagos as her only means of international trade. Also a major cargo airport should be located in a central region in the country. This airport and seaport will boost the home grown manufacturing capacity of this nation especially the Ibo nation. Also such facility will reduce the already influx of people to the already max out western nigeria. We as a nation need to stride for national development, not sectional or regional development. So, in essence to this topic, such industries should be vetoed by the government to a region in much need of urban development. Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
Arch1:
Ogun state has the highest number universities in Nigeria - FACT. Ogun state has the highest number of industries in Nigeria - FACT

all these has nothing to do with JonaTAN. JonaTAN still remains a failure
dont go there mad...man, how many universities do they have in Lagos state and Enugu state too? Do you want us to count.... Get lost with your fake facts....

5 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
iamchiddy:
Haha this Ogun self... What does multinationals see there? From Nampak, Unilever, Evans, Nestle, GSK, P&G to all what and what then Dangote, African Fertilizer, Beta Glass. This Ogun State has a way of attracting big companies.

you sir are on point. I live in Ogun State. That state is blessed with industries like kilode. I strongly feel in few years time, Ogun will be leading other states in terms of IGR. However, the federal roads are in a sorry state. Now that its raining, the roads have become worse. In terms of academics nko, Ogun head dey there. I would love to have my state of origin changed from Ondo to Ogun if that is possible. Ogun rocks mehn. Even all the industries along sango-iyesi road alone pass all the industries in Akwa Ibom states combined not to talk of the whole Ogun.
God bless Ogun State
God bless Governor Ibikunle Amosun
God bless Oduduwa land

5 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Arch1:
There are automobile companies in Ogun state already. There is one at Sango-Otta and there is another at Ode-Remo. These ones are just coming to join the already existing ones
what are they rolling out from the factories, wheelbarrow and trucks?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Omimah:

If care is not taken, you will start hearing Ogun is no man's land.
Of course. Ogun is a no man's land. The Yoruba's are lazy. We have bought all the mansions in Ogun. we developed Ogun. So park well.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by mployer(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Will they sell a brand new car for the Price of a tokunbo undecided
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
Check out http://clashofclanshelper.com/ - I got free Clash of Clans gems here! Get yous too in less than two minutes!! Couldnt believe at first but it really works!(CJ8NiSJar8)
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Arch1: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
leofab:
dont go there mad...man, how many universities do they have in Lagos state and Enugu state too? Do you want us to count.... Get lost with your fake facts....
Ignorant twerp
Below is the list of NUC accredited Universities in Ogun state

1)covenant university
2)redeemers university
3)babcock university
4)olabisi onabanjo university
5)university of agriculture abeokuta
6)tai solarin university
7)crawford university
coolcrescent university
9)bells university
10)adetokunbo univeristy
11)mcpherson university
12)christopher university
13)southwestern university

below are still under going construction and they are about to be accredited by the NUC

14)mountaintop university(MFM)
15)anchor university (deeperlife)
16)chrisland millenium university

Now give me the list of the universities in enugu. 'Univeristies alone'

6 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by qtx(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
How

By providing uninterupted power supply??

By repairing South West roads??

What exactly did he do to provide an Enabling Environment for business??
why not ask yourself y now? policies must first be put in place before such industrial investments can be attracted. Lets stop being political about everything. Fed Gvt has made the policies favourable shikenah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Drone007: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Oh..God, why this news..
Haters are gonna die..
SaTANist are gonna attack...

Ok..na only SW?

Whether it's Ogun State, Abia State, or Plateau State that will host the plants, it's really no big deal. So long as the companies are not going to any othee West African country.
NAIJA 4 LIFE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by anonimi: 7:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
How

By providing TAP water all over-

- Ogun STATE
- Lagos STATE
- Oyo STATE
- Osun STATE
- Ekiti STATE

Lobatan grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by sultaan(m): 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Considering the political environment now the image says it all.

Economically it is very feasible but they will need a lot of concession to bring in a lot of equipment considering how custom duty applicable to anything in Nigeria discourage manufacturing.Land is expensive, if I am to compare how it is done in the US I will refer Nigerians to the Kia plant built in Georgia, I thought of going there then but their starting salary was way way less than my current, but my mistake was I would be the most senior staff for the next rank(idiot!!)

http://www.georgiatrend.com/August-2009/How-KIA-Came-To-Georgia/

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2009/11/why-kia-bet-on-georgia/

And the most recent Tesla deal

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/09/04/nevada-strikes-billion-tax-break-deal-tesla/15096777/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/13/business/nevada-woos-tesla-plant-in-tax-deal-but-economic-benefits-prompt-debate.html?_r=0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/09/25/how-nevada-won-a-billion-dollar-tesla-plant-and-how-tesla-scored-a-great-deal/

So the question now is why not Delta state smack in the middle of east and west?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Ekken: 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
sincerely, OGUN STATE is developing rapidly now

SIA is performing seriously, may God help him achieve his second term mission so as to complete his project.

MISSION TO REBUILD CONTINUE.....

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by mechanics(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
I just hope dat wen dey start advertising 4 job vacancy, dey won't start placing a wide margin 4 work experience, atleast IT experience shud b considered.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Edmanpumpin(m): 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
leofab:
what are they rolling out from the factories, wheelbarrow and trucks?
PROFORCE is an armoured vehicle company has a massive plant at Ode-Remo Ogun state. They produce armoured personnel carriers, assemble armour plated Toyota vehicles, Armoured gunboats etc. Nig Army,Police patronizes em. Benin rep, Togo & seychelles armed forces are customers.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by anonimi: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
mechanics:
I just hope dat wen dey start advertising 4 job vacancy, dey won't start placing a wide margin 4 work experience, atleast IT experience shud b considered.

Now is the time to research what type of vacancies they will advertise and the skills that will be required so you can quickly ACQUIRE the skills and certification to testify to possessing them. it is better to identify skills that build on what you already know to shorten your learning/apprenticeship time.
If you wait till tomorrow it may be too LATE already!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Edmanpumpin:
PROFORCE is an armoured vehicle company has a massive plant at Ode-Remo Ogun state. They produce armoured personnel carriers, assemble armour plated Toyota vehicles, Armoured gunboats etc. Nig Army,Police patronizes em. Benin rep, Togo & seychelles armed forces are customers.
Proforce is a wing of Dicon and directly belong to the federal Government!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by chuksdewigs(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Arch1:
Ogun state has the highest number universities in Nigeria - FACT. Ogun state has the highest number of industries in Nigeria - FACT

all these has nothing to do with JonaTAN. JonaTAN still remains a failure
IMO
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
anonimi:

By providing TAP water all over-

- Ogun STATE
- Lagos STATE
- Oyo STATE
- Osun STATE
- Ekiti STATE

Lobatan grin
grin grin grin .....Dem no go use Tap water kidnap you...
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
leofab:
this is not a fake fact, go make your research,i dont know about the industry stuff though but they have the highest tertiary institution in nigeria.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by coretechng1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Oh..God, why this news..
Haters are gonna die..
SaTANist are gonna attack...

Ok..na only SW?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by MrMcJay(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
The proposed Toyota factory is to be located in Kobape area of Sagamu-Abeokuta Expressway.

For smart investors and individuals wishing to invest in that area by buying land in that area, there are acres of land for sale.

Kindly send me a PM and lets pick things from there. or contact me on
biz.lawyer at consultant dot com
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by yomanovic: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
atlwireles:
Why is the gov, the person announcing this news. I would feel much better if the car makers were making this announcement.

Rubbish!
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by yomanovic: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rikidony:
OGUN STATE IS GETTING THIS INVESTMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSER TO LAGOS, WELL ALL THANKS TO GEJ FOR CREATING THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENTS.

GEJTILL2019 cool

Clueless PDP mouthpiece. If it were to be GEJ's handy work, you think Governor Ibikunle Amosun who belongs to the opposition to the FG would be the first to mention it? Of course, if it were to be GEJ's idea, TAN( and other pdp campaign organisations) would have made enough noice about it earlier. Therefore, this development in Ogun State cannot be the brainchild of FG but that of Govr. Ibikunle Amosun. Or you no know say GEJ is not really interested in the development of non pdp governed state?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Rikidony(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
How

BY INTRODUCING THE AUTOMOBILE POLICY WHICH LED THIS COMPANIES TO ESTABLISH THEIR ASSEMBLING PLANT HERE IN NIGERIA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) / Mercedes AMG G65 Brabus 900 22 Unvieled At IAA 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.