Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun (28489 Views)

For Gazzuz And Other Auto Gurus In The House, Help Diagnose His Car's Condition / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by ba7man(m): 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rikidony:

BY INTRODUCING THE AUTOMOBILE POLICY WHICH LED THIS COMPANIES TO ESTABLISH THEIR ASSEMBLING PLANT HERE IN NIGERIA
You provide policy, you no provide power, you no provide road.

Basic economics.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Rikidony(m): 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Arch1:
in one instance you say Ogun is getting this investment because it is closer to Lagos; in another instance you credit this investment to Gej's policy. is it Gej that situated Ogun state close to Lagos?

Mention a single federal government project in Ogun state? All the federal roads in Ogun state are bad !
GEJ INTRODUCE THE AUTO MOILE POLICY WHICH LED THIS INDIVIDUALS TO BRING THEIR PLANT TO NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by 100Cents: 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rikidony:
OGUN STATE IS GETTING THIS INVESTMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSER TO LAGOS, WELL ALL THANKS TO GEJ FOR CREATING THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENTS.

GEJTILL2019 cool

Final answer.

Small time they will say its APC...

People know the truth but prefer veils over their faces..

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by 100Cents: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
ba7man:
If this Country was being ruled by a Chicken, they would have still come.

These automobile companies have had their expansion plans hatched way back since the mid 2000s.

Their incursion is not as a result of GEJ's policy.

Try to follow international news and expand your horizon.

And they didn't start off under OBJ or Yaradua but waited till GEJ. Kudos to the auto policy of GEJ.

Well, GEJ till 2019 !

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Callfubu(m): 12:14am On Nov 03, 2014
ba7man:
If this Country was being ruled by a Chicken, they would have still come.

These automobile companies have had their expansion plans hatched way back since the mid 2000s.

Their incursion is not as a result of GEJ's policy.

Try to follow international news and expand your horizon.
and it so happens that it has taken them an approximate 14years to start implementing? It takes two to tango, if the policy was not in place they could have still waited. Just give credit to the government for making it a possibility

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Sheggy13(m): 5:27am On Nov 03, 2014
leofab:
dont go there mad...man, how many universities do they have in Lagos state and Enugu state too? Do you want us to count.... Get lost with your fake facts....
He's right. It's only a mad man that won't make inquiries and confirmation before calling some other persons mad. We're talking about NUC accredited universities and not some mushroom universities that NUC blacklisted the other day. These are the NUC accredited unis in Ogun State: FUNAAB, OOU, TASUED, Covenant, Redeemers, Babcock, Crawford, Bells, Crescent, McPherson University and Southwestern University=11 in all. Help me list the ones in your Enugu and Lagos Mr. Mad man identifier. Even Osun state has more compared to your Enugu. Next time desist from thinking with your anus. U can visit this link for free education on Universities in Nigeria.
http://campusportal.com.ng/nuc-list-approved-private-universities-nigeria-2014/
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2014
ba7man:
They are all the same, here, on Facebook, Twitter etc.

Very irritating bunch and full of lies.

They argue without logic or points and when cornered, they result to screaming......"GEJ 2019.
Love that!
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2014
Sheggy13:

He's right. It's only a mad man that won't make inquiries and confirmation before calling some other persons mad. We're talking about NUC accredited universities and not some mushroom universities that NUC blacklisted the other day. These are the NUC accredited unis in Ogun State: FUNAAB, OOU, TASUED, Covenant, Redeemers, Babcock, Crawford, Bells, Crescent, McPherson University and Southwestern University=11 in all. Help me list the ones in your Enugu and Lagos Mr. Mad man identifier. Even Osun state has more compared to your Enugu. Next time desist from thinking with your anus. U can visit this link for free education on Universities in Nigeria.
http://campusportal.com.ng/nuc-list-approved-private-universities-nigeria-2014/
I want hinting on Universities alone, am capitalizing on tertiary institutions in general? Can we move in that direction?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Edmanpumpin(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2014
leofab:
Proforce is a wing of Dicon and directly belong to the federal Government!!!!
A BIG FAT LIE!!!!! PROFORCE fully owned by a nigerian who has the majority shares and some philipinos. Dicon is in K.D and a joint venture with nigeria & Israeli Coy. I hope you've been well schooled buddy.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Sheggy13(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2014
harde2lah:

you sir are on point. I live in Ogun State. That state is blessed with industries like kilode. I strongly feel in few years time, Ogun will be leading other states in terms of IGR. However, the federal roads are in a sorry state. Now that its raining, the roads have become worse. In terms of academics nko, Ogun head dey there. I would love to have my state of origin changed from Ondo to Ogun if that is possible. Ogun rocks mehn. Even all the industries along sango-iyesi road alone pass all the industries in Akwa Ibom states combined not to talk of the whole Ogun.
God bless Ogun State
God bless Governor Ibikunle Amosun
God bless Oduduwa land
Lol. Don't worry we'll tell Mimiko to disown u officially. Even tho I'm a product of the two states Ondo and Ogun, I can't regret coming from Ondo state cos I really doubt ur assertion that Ogun is better than Ondo people in terms of academics. It's only natural that Ogun enjoys industrial growth due to it's proximity to Lagos, and Lagos been overcrowded already. It has always been like that even before Amosun came on board. I'm not taking anything away from his satisfactory performance so far.

1 Like

Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Sheggy13(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2014
leofab:
I want hinting on Universities alone, am capitalizing on tertiary institutions in general? Can we move in that direction?
But the guy u quoted was talking about universities only, and u had to call him mad. That's not cool, especially u been a lady. Even considering number of higher institutions in general, Enugu state cannot still hold a candle where Ogun state is. No hard feelings towards u tho, just stating the obvious. Have a good day.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2014
Sheggy13:

But the guy u quoted was talking about universities only, and u had to call him mad. That's not cool, especially u been a lady. Even considering number of higher institutions in general, Enugu state cannot still hold a candle where Ogun state is. No hard feelings towards u tho, just stating the obvious. Have a good day.
lies
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 9:39am On Nov 03, 2014
Edmanpumpin:
A BIG FAT LIE!!!!! PROFORCE fully owned by a nigerian who has the majority shares and some philipinos. Dicon is in K.D and a joint venture with nigeria & Israeli Coy. I hope you've been well schooled buddy.
being managed is different from owing... Because Julius Berger constructed a bridge doesn't make them the owner....same way a Chinese firm is working on our new power grid, that doesn't make them the owner... okay, try and decipher the acronym for DICON!!!!
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Sheggy13(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2014
leofab:
lies
Is that the best u can come up with lol. U can do better by at least giving stats to state the contrary. Btw seems u school in Enugu, right?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by DaLover(m): 10:02am On Nov 03, 2014
There is no development that can take place in this country without combination of Federal and State government!
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by AutosBay(m): 10:46am On Nov 03, 2014
A highly welcomed development, this would provide jobs for other less densely populated areas.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 11:14am On Nov 03, 2014
Sheggy13:

Is that the best u can come up with lol. U can do better by at least giving stats to state the contrary. Btw seems u school in Enugu, right?
school in Enugu? I did my masters there..... Ain't I old enough to be a lecturer in one of those higher citadel of learning!!! I will get my stats when I can.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Sheggy13(m): 11:21am On Nov 03, 2014
leofab:
school in Enugu? I did my masters there..... Ain't I old enough to be a lecturer in one of those higher citadel of learning!!! I will get my stats when I can.
Hmmm nice that's quite impressive. I also finished my MSc in Computer Science last year. Looking to commence PhD early next year tho. Are u also in the academia and what's ur field? U mind if I follow u on here?
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by leofab(f): 11:55am On Nov 03, 2014
Sheggy13:

Hmmm nice that's quite impressive. I also finished my MSc in Computer Science last year. Looking to commence PhD early next year tho. Are u also in the academia and what's ur field? U mind if I follow u on here?
not at all, I studied Metallurgical and Materials Engineering and specializes in Foundry and metallography.... We are working underground to lay a solid foundation for the much needed and anticipated industrialization in Nigeria and Africa in general... And yes, you can always check on me here!!!!
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Until I see the plants and land proposed for these auto development.. all na wash
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by qhiwegh(m): 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Biralee:
My honest opinion. The government should embark on divesting the economic industrialization of the south-west. The government should embark on projects that will enhance the rapid economic development of other part of the nation. The south-east region should also have a major seaport (cross-river or akwa ibom state) to facilitate the movement of goods and machinery into the nation. A nation as vast as nigeria should not have lagos as her only means of international trade. Also a major cargo airport should be located in a central region in the country. This airport and seaport will boost the home grown manufacturing capacity of this nation especially the Ibo nation. Also such facility will reduce the already influx of people to the already max out western nigeria. We as a nation need to stride for national development, not sectional or regional development. So, in essence to this topic, such industries should be vetoed by the government to a region in much need of urban development. Thank You.

If you ever look at the map of Nigeria, you'll see that the western section of the coast caves in significantly compare to the Niger Delta and to its east. This means that Lagos is much closer to the interior (Abuja, Kano) than PH or Calabar.

As a developing country, we should focus on developing ONE port, ONE industrial concentration, ONE logistic hub, ONE financial centre. That would obviously be Lagos, the beating heart of Nigeria, the capital of Yorubaland. Look at China, even with its size, Shanghai is designated as the port of export and industry. Look at the West Coast of the US, the only major port is Los Angeles not San Francisco or Seattle.

Also, putting a major national hub in Biaphra is unwise, because we never know when a certain group of people would want to abandon the rest of Nigeria again. Not being tribalistic, but just keeping it real.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by securi: 1:05am On Nov 04, 2014
You guys here like trouble sa. This is a laudable achievement and both the FG and Amosun deserve special commendation. Enough of this war pls. Let's talk how one can strategically position himself to benefit from this new devt. Pls, where is Kobape sef? Is dat the community before the State secratariat while coming into Abeokuta from Shagamu road? What can one do around the place, how much is land cost there etc.Pls someone on ground should pls help out. I used to pass Kobape when l was in UNAAB then but meenh, l cant remember exact place it is again.
Re: Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun by mechanics(m): 2:35am On Nov 04, 2014
anonimi:

Now is the time to research what type of vacancies they will advertise and the skills that will be required so you can quickly ACQUIRE the skills and certification to testify to possessing them. it is better to identify skills that build on what you already know to shorten your learning/apprenticeship time.
If you wait till tomorrow it may be too LATE already!
i knw dat already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) / Mercedes AMG G65 Brabus 900 22 Unvieled At IAA 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.