Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,389 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:40 PM

Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution (802 Views)

Biography Of Thomas Sankara, One Of Greatest Sons Of Africa. / Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / Thomas Sankara, Africa's Ché (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by black247: 2:34am On Nov 02, 2014
"While revolutionaries as individuals can be murdered, you cannot kill ideas," Sankara uttered shortly before his death. Today, with the Parliament on fire, the corrupted leader en route to Ghana, and protesters in the street shouting "It's over for the regime!" Burkanibés might have the chance to prove his most famous words right.

Sankara was an advocate for women's rights, a neo-colonialism critic, and a strong proponent of African self-sufficiency.

"Compaoré? He is a very smart man, very refined too," Sankara said then. "The day you find out Blaise is preparing a putsch against me, don't bother trying to counter him or even warning me. It will already be too late."

Compaoré was a key ally to France and the United States in a region threatened by al Qaeda insurgency.

Lwili Revolution," the coup is being documented on Twitter with #Lwili, a bird native.

Interesting to say the least:
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/10/31/burkina_faso_might_finally_realize_favorite_leader_s_dreams_for_his_country

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by TerryCarr(m): 3:01am On Nov 02, 2014
lets hope this spreads

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by igbo2011(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
Why is it called Lwill?

1 Like

Re: Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by celeron40(m): 6:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
"Our Homeland Or Death, We Will Win" A lost opportunity for Burkina Faso..Blaise Compaore got what was coming to him..I hope Mugabe and Paul Biya are watching closely..Tyranny has a stopwatch; People power will prevail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by black247: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
TerryCarr:
lets hope this spreads

Was running behind the other day, didnt get to comment - but I shared! Yes I want us to think globally again. I agree!
Re: Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by black247: 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
igbo2011:
Why is it called Lwill?

Hey black man!!

It stands for a bird there. I think it stands for their bird; I have to re read it.
Re: Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution by black247: 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
celeron40:
"Our Homeland Or Death, We Will Win" A lost opportunity for Burkina Faso..Blaise Compaore got what was coming to him..I hope Mugabe and Paul Biya are watching closely..Tyranny has a stopwatch; People power will prevail.

People power indeed!

(1) (Reply)

NASA Offers N3.6M To Anyone Who Volunteers To Stay In Bed For 70 Days / Physical Transformation Of President Barrack Obama / Why Is Africa Misunderstood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.