Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,000 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana (3338 Views)

Nigeria Vs Bolivia Friendly At Uyo Stadium On March 26 / Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier / 30k Seater UYO Stadium Update Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ujoinme: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2014
Reinstated Super Eagles head coach Stephen Keshi has named a 24-man Team B squad of local players that will face Ghana in an international friendly to commemorate the commissioning of a newly constructed stadium in Akwa Ibom State in the coastal South-Southern part of Nigeria.

The grand opening of the ultra-modern Akwa Ibom International Stadium in Uyo on Friday, November 7, will see the hosts pit their strength against rivals Ghana who will be represented by their U-23 male squad, the Black Meteors.

Keshi has called up 24 players made up of the Nigerian league’s goal-king award chasers Emem Eduok and Mfon Udoh, the Super Eagles senior team regulars Chigoozie Agbim, Gbolahan Salami, Solomon Kwambe and Azubuike Egwuekwe to report to camp at the Le Meridien Hotel in Uyo on Monday.

The Ghana side coach by Malik Jabir, a former technical adviser for Nigerian side Kano Pillars are already in camp with 29 players out of which a squad for the trip to Uyo will be named. Ghana will leave for Nigeria on Wednesday, November 5.

Nigeria squad for Ghana friendly

Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim, Daniel Akpeyi (Warri Wolves) and Theophilus Afelokhai (Kano Pillars)

Defenders: Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Idris Aloma (El-Kanemi Warriors); Chimma Akas (Sharks FC); Nelson Ogbonna (Heartland FC); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Erhun Obanor (Bendel Insurance); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC) and Umar Zango (Kano Pillars)

Midfielders: Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC); Charles Henlong (Giwa FC); Joseph Nathaniel (Sharks FC); Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Udeaga (Enugu Rangers); Kingley Sokari (Enyimba FC) and Tony Edjomari (Nasarawa FC)

Attackers: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC); Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers); Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves); Osaguona Ighodaro (Enugu Rangers) and Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC)
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=333100

Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by mainheart(m): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2014
home base players are more trustful
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by gannod(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2014
Wao! This is breathtaking.
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by Tonylyte(m): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2014
Dem put money for the match? Oh! i forgot, ghana is broke.
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by Asek1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lovely stadium. Can't wait to be there come 7th.
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by easyelliot(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Now that is a beautiful stadium......now lets build a new stadium in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by homesteady(m): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ujoinme: 4:10am On Nov 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ujoinme: 4:11am On Nov 03, 2014
night shot with lighting Above Day Shot below. Which do you prefer.

Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ROCKJ1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
Beautiful stadium.... world class
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by fujirice: 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mentainance o!!! Chi m, this is beauriful!
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ujoinme: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
smiley

Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by Yutee46: 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
abeg we go need buy tickets? i heard itz free
... pls.. what is d way foward cus i wanna be there
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by dhope: 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
see d action of oil money. d offsprings and family member of gov akpabio will hardly experience scarcity of money. only God knows how much was spent to build dis magnificient edifice. i can imagine if this kinda stadium exist in all d states in nigeria, messi and cron7 will be tempted to come and play here.

1 Like

Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ujoinme: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
dhope:
see d action of oil money. d offsprings and family member of gov akpabio will hardly experience scarcity of money. only God knows how much was spent to build dis magnificient edifice. i can imagine if this kinda stadium exist in all d states in nigeria, messi and cron7 will be tempted to come and play here.

Messi and co do not play because the stadium is nice, they play because there is a club that is willing to pay them big bucks to play,Can Akwa united or any NPFL clubs pay messi type contact fee?
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by homesteady(m): 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
ujoinme:

you better belive it. Oyibo things in Naija. lol

I just saw it on STV news! it is really true! My eyes have seen it korokoro gringrin
God bless Akpabio!
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by ujoinme: 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
homesteady:

I just saw it on STV news! it is really true! My eyes have seen it korokoro gringrin
God bless Akpabio!
you can head on down to Uyo for the opening on the 7th it will be great.
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by AbuMikey(m): 12:15am On Nov 04, 2014
---

One Player from the Nigerian National League, and its a Bendel Insurance player.
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by Kelvin0(m): 2:28am On Nov 04, 2014
What a nice view...
Governor Akpabio the most swaggerful Governor in Nigeria... grin grin grin
Akwa Ibom Ayaaya
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2014
ujoinme:

Messi and co do not play because the stadium is nice, they play because there is a club that is willing to pay them big bucks to play,Can Akwa united or any NPFL clubs pay messi type contact fee?
Not this season. Maybe next season lol! cheesy grin
Re: Uyo Stadium Opening: Nigeria Name Squad To Face Ghana by homesteady(m): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2014
ujoinme:
you can head on down to Uyo for the opening on the 7th it will be great.

I would have gone oh, but I'm a student, my level never reach like that grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi And His Wife At The Beach With Bikini (photo) / BREAKING: Manchester United Have Sacked Louis Van Gaal / LEAKED: Leicester City Involved In Buddhist Belief [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.