Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? (35921 Views)

D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive / Nkem Owoh (osuofia)dead Or Alive. / 2Pac's Grave Found: Is He Dead or Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by zeefa: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sky B. This 9ja guy made name for his self in 2007 with his debut album "Pray For Me" which sold nearly 1 miliion CD copies minus pirated copies, what really made that album tick was the hit track "I"m Calling" which made 9ja especially the Eastern part of Nigeria sit up! And go "gaga". The other tracks where hits also, some done with slow emotion laden beats and some done with what was considered party beats back then, although compared to now, those party beats are outdated can't match the current one produced now.Based in Portharcourt Nigeria's Sky B was famous for how he mixes great vocals with local flavour producing a genre of Hip hop which we havn't seen of recent. Not even the likes of Baby oku crowner Flavour and 9ice can match him on that, the guy was so talented that people started grading him on par with the likes of P.square and 2face(both of them seniors).Year 2008 Sky B was tipped to become a long time member of Nigeria's music industry, as bright and young as he is many expected him to become one of the pillars of 9ja music, as he was in the same form with Alingo crowners the group known as P.square, Ihe na eme artist 2face and the 9ja beef master Ruggedman not forgetting Idris. For a promising talent who burst into limelight to vanish like that is beyond comprehension, how many current Naija artist made it into limelight on their first try? Only two I know of Timaya and Sky B, Timaya with his first Album, that hit 1 million copies sold since then he havn't looked back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ZvbIhg-xo

Sky B six years counting

Is now six years since Sky B vanished from Nigeria's music scence, like a whirl wind, he vanished into thin air. While Sky B went into self-exile,P.square, 2face, D'banj and others has risen, they are growing from strength to strength, in six years P.square has produced over 2 dozens of solos, a handful of collabos, many awards, has signed record contracts with foreign record label, became ambassadors to many organizations particulary Globacom.2face on the other hand is not left out, 2face is an example of a succesfull music artist, has won many awards, has collaborated with top International music artist, has won many Children (if you consider that an achievement) has finally settled down.The koko master himself D'banj is not left out, in six years he has his own record label, collabos with many local and International artist, many awards.In six years many new artist have entered 9ja music industry, during that period we have seen muscians like Flavour N'bania, KC, Wandy cole, African rapper no.1 M.I, Iceprince, Olamide, Nato C, Omawumi, Stomrex to name a few. Producers has risen to the challenge and has produced excellent beats, in many cases it is the beats that makes a song sell, if you doubt me listen to Iyanya's "Kukere". In six years party beats has evolved to a new level no longer what is used to be, the senior artist has also adapted like P.square first 100 percent party beat produced "Alingo".
Everything has changed, the beats, the artist So Sky B has vanished, is he sleeping? Is the competition too much for him? Is he dead? Sky B where are you?. I'll try and find out even if it entails going to PH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by klem93(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mehn I just dey remember d guy
Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
if u cant stand the heat, dont near the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by nigerianvenom(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
Just watched this guy's music now and I start missing him again n again. Lalasticlaca
Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by nicerichard05: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
I remember how we use to pla this guys album from morning till night back then on campus. pls where is this guy.

Cc: Seun Lalasticlala pls move this topic to FP some1 might know the whereabout of the guy.

Please Seun seun lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:31am On Feb 26, 2018
I just watched his video now too
Sky B where art thou? sad
Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by chidiebereeneh(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2018
Where is sky b
Re: Where Is Sky B. .dead or alive? by MrrKay(m): 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
Where is Sky Boy

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ibu: 3 Armed Robbers Arrested As CCTV Captures Robbers In John Okafor's House / Kemi Olunloyo Gives Her Life To Christ; Kneels For Pastor Ibiyeomie's Wife / Tiwa Savage And Her Mother, Cecilia Savage, Hang Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.