Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now (85135 Views)

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Wife Anita Divorced The Christ Embassy Pastor / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by kurlz(f): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2014
Hellooo! No matter how good your opinion and suggestions are bro this is not the right place to discuss it, is this a church Gathering? How can you bring an inhouse and delicate church issue here for public view and discussion? Why can't you write the national RCCG office? Don't you think this can give room for people to condemn and criticize the G.O? Besides do you know why he has not handed over as much as he wants to.
He is accountable to God not man and since God has not permitted him what do you expect? I am a RCCG member and to me i think this is not right.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by 4C2215131: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2014
AdeniyiA:
in as much as you have some valid points concerning the disintegration of the head church after the death of the GOs,
did you ever ask if God is through with him? if not that some churches have gone commercial, the position of an overseer is not like that of politics ,where the outgoing office holder can choose his successor. This is strictly God's business
I believe that since the church was handed over to him nd has since being waxing strong,it would surely wax stronger when Adeboye is gone .God owns redeem not Adeboye

Wish I could say you were right.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by 4C2215131: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2014
rhymz:
Talk of a child. Son, when it comes to leadership, it is political, whether in the church or anywhere else..... There's no leaving it to God and there is no such thing as God is in control. If things are not well spent out, there is bound to be trouble..... A very big one.

Word!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Esdb(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Chukwutobi:
Reason Pastor E. A. Adeboye Should Handover Now!

The problem is some (if not many) are position covetous. It will surprise you the things these pastors use to canvass for position. They give gifts that do not come from their heart to senior pastors and show fake 'submissiveness'.

Anyway it is my opinion and this may be disregarded if God leads him not to handover now.
has your father handed over his property to you? Why don't u face that!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by ppacey(f): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
adekennis:
No be same Adeboye talk say person wey go be hin succesor still dey beer parlor drinking beer ni? undecided
God chosed him, so he doesn't ave d power to chose for himself. God owns the church not him. so wen the time come for a succesor, their will be one
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
larrymoore:
There is no Need for him to hand over, Jesus never handed over. Bless u

Jesus Handed over to the Holy Spirit.. why are people so ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Thomsbuky(m): 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
@ Chuwobi you're very thoughful and mean well. However, thing of spiritual and divine should be left for the Gods and spiritual representative on earth to decide...To answer your question "Did Jesus christ nominate any of his apostles as successor, when Gods calling came?" I believe, If redeem church are truly church of Gods as claim, present overseers and senior pastors will be guided by gods divine to choose right overseer leader, when Gods calling came for Pastor Adeboye..
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is Gods business not some political party like APC or PDP, when he hears from God to step down he will.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
donigspain:
[size=18pt]That is not a political position.[/size]

Thank you.
. Bros ur clothes too dey expensive, shey u no sell for 15000 ? I wan buy
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by rezy15(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
larrymoore:
There is no Need for him to hand over, Jesus never handed over. Bless u
see u. So Jesus no put peter in charge. Smhfy.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by josite: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
this is real unfair to pastor adeboye.whoever is sponsporing this will have GOD to contend with.cant GOD be left alone to take the MOG out of the picture in his own way and at his own time.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by donigspain(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
wizzyrich:
. Bros ur clothes too dey expensive, shey u no sell for 15000 ? I wan buy
No sir...
I dey use quality material. No be the one wey go fade after you don wash am three times. I no wan make you come report me for Nairaland say I use inferior fabric take make cloth for you.

Bring out money buy better thing.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by LajaLaba: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Igbo kwenu!!!Op i see u grin
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by dein77(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
100Cents:
What happens to having the office of a Vice President or Deputy and the church constitution supporting a peaceful takeover by a designated subordinate ?

God is not an author of confusion..

Even Jesus handed the body of Christ over to Peter when he was still on earth. That is how things should be done..

" You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church.. "...

I agree with most of your lines. But as per your last one, I don't. The Church couldn't have been built on Peter. Jesus is the Rock.on which it stands.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by jamesjake369: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
I was creating a topic before I could finish typing those pigs called nairaland mod/admin removed it

the topic is "make your self invisible to the pigs called nairaland admin/mod"

I have about 28 nairaland accounts but they always get a ban each time I post as soon as I get a ban I quickly open another one under 1minute but before I could make a post I will see a message saying "sorry you can't do that right now try again in few minutes" wtf I never knew they know its same person through the IP or whatever but I'm an international internet fraudster and there is no dating site that I haven't registered with they can't ban because I know how to deal with them I thought naira land is different I don't know they can also detect IP whatever like the dating site where I use to play my scam and fraudulent activity I'm not surprised that those naira land mod haven't ban this account yet cause they I logged in from USA but sooner or later they will ban and hide this post but they are too late cause I know how to deal with them henceforth they can never ban me again so if you're with me on this download H. O. L. A and open any of your apps or any of your browser through it and you will never be detected on any restrictions don't download the latest version cause it doesn't do the job thank me later I'm off to get my self another nairaland account and I'm registering as a females cause its fun the more they ban the more I open na me and them go tire
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Goshen360(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
tolustx:
A message for every true believer
2Timothy 4:1-5(NkJV)

1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Not judging, but Goshen360 and his cohorts look like dos described in verse 3-4. Others things I see in him are:
1. Hatred
2. Oversabi
3. Pride
4. Power-hunger
Pls work on dos and odas dat may also be and it is well wit u.
The Church is marching on and the gate of hell cannot prevail against it! Shalom...

I have heard this too many times. Thanks. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Missmossy(f): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
When the time which he thinks is right comes,he will.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by tolustx(m): 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Goshen360:

I have heard this too many times. Thanks. cheesy
It is an indication that u rily nid to work on dos aspects. God bless u!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Goshen360(m): 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
tolustx:
It is an indication that u rily nid to work on dos aspects. God bless u!

No, I don't because they don't exist in me. It means, people hate to be told the truth (of the gospel). grin
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by tolustx(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Goshen360:

No, I don't because they don't exist in me. It means, people hate to be told the truth (of the gospel). grin
Ok. *lips sealed*
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by omoiseselagba: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
nnafather:
How much is this your opinon? Na Jonathan cause this kind thing. If say u get job, u for no get time for this kind rubbish post. I swear, u must be a survivor of the last National Immigration Service recruitment. Allah!
you are a fooool
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by omoiseselagba: 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
komek:
I am a redeemer. The case of RCCG will be worst than that of CAC if he dies. So many branches of the church have been converted to personal parishes as a result of marginalisation from some ethnic groups in the church.

I once asked they shud give me the first five leaders of the church. What I noticed was that they are from same ethnic group. Does it mean they own the church? Does it mean they are more holy than the rest? So many questions...
Am coming back.
Talking...

@OP, why did u say u are not wishing pastor Adeboye death? See whether u wished him o or not, one day he will sleep and will not wake up again...even me too. Na those old days dey tell us say pple dey disappear like Enoch, but now if u disappear now and nobody see u, that's kidnapping and probably u must have been killed somewhere.
bar man give this man a bottle of orijin.he has really spoken well .

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by omoiseselagba: 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
tolustx:
I dnt knw d intention of d op but this thread is useless. Ur contributions here won't affect what the man of God or the mission will do so why cause ppl to jst make idle comments abt d pastor and d church. U shud knw dat:
1. Death is not a function of age
2. RCCG is not "the church of Nigeria", neither is it a political party. So d mission doesn't nid d general Nigerian citizens to teach her hw to run.
3. The founder handed over to Pastor Adeboye and he in turn will act according to God's will (if u wanna knw how he'll do dat, go nd ask him. Not me).
So, please, let sleeping dogs lie. We are not d church council.
this man needs to be shot.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by omoiseselagba: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Because he sets up parishes and keeps them under the HQ, telling them to remit revenues to the HQ. Tell me that is not political setup or how such is practiced in the body of Christ by the Apostles. grin
this man deserves a bottle of orijin.barman where are you?

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Goshen360(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
omoiseselagba:
this man deserves a bottle of orijin.barman where are you?

My man, my way far oo....across the Atlantic, somewhere in NA. grin
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by tolustx(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
omoiseselagba:
this man needs to be shot.
Which man should be shot jare.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by morefire: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
AdeniyiA:
in as much as you have some valid points concerning the disintegration of the head church after the death of the GOs,
did you ever ask if God is through with him? if not that some churches have gone commercial, the position of an overseer is not like that of politics ,where the outgoing office holder can choose his successor. This is strictly God's business
I believe that since the church was handed over to him nd has since being waxing strong,it would surely wax stronger when Adeboye is gone .God owns redeem not Adeboye

was CAC not strong when Papa Ayo was alive? this guy has a valid point, I even happen to have had a personal experience with some power driven RCCG pastors...

but in the end we can only Pray that the gate of hell will not stand against us and Gods Church will stand
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by lastpage: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
Okay guys, l think we Nigerians should ALWAYS help ourselves to get better.
Those who know "more' should assist those who know "less" since no one person knows it all!
But those been assisted should also have an "open mind", be willing to "investigate" what is being passed to them, with a view to unearthing the TRUTH.

"Blind followership" and "over-emotional dogmatism" does not help a humanbeing to get better, knowledge-wise.

A lot of things/issues are "carnal and mundane" and we should stop labelling them with "spiritual connotations". God gave us a GOOD, ADAPTIVE BRAIN, for a reason!

Whether anyone likes it or not, Pastor Adeboye will "one day", pass away! He is not Jesus, he was not conceived with the Holy Spirit like Jesus, he would not be crucified on the cross like Jesus, he would not rise up on the third day like Jesus and he would not ascend to heaven, on clouds, like Jesus so, all these "comparisons to Jesus" bothers on foolishness!
Pastor Adeboye is 'flesh" like me and you, though l respect him for all he has achieved.

*The Op is not wishing death on Pastor Adeboye.
*There is nothing wrong in asking questions or raising pertinent issues which in future, may affect the wellbeing of the Church (as 'experience' has shown us that "big churches have had this same problem in the past"...... and it affected their memberships such that some felt so disillusioned and left or even went astray!).
*If we love our "Brothers" as we love "Ourselves" ..as Jesus commanded, we would always look-out for their interest.
One way to do this is to "think ahead and try to head-off" anything that may impact them negatively.
This is what this thread should be about!

I have a feeling (l may be wrong though), that this issue would have crossed the mind of Pastor Adeboye himself but fear of the chaos it will cause within the church and the loss of "reverence" to himself that may follow, may be the reasons he has decided to "Keep everyone guessing"... for now.

Its always a "good strategy" (from a selfish point of view) to leave some "yaawa and katakata" till you are gone and passed away afterall, nobody can trouble a deadi-bodi! Let the living sort themselves out!
wink wink shocked grin

Let us not over-flog the matter, EVERYONE have made their points and opinions known.
Dont take it personal, lets move-on.
God spare our life and hoping Virus will not wipe out this posts, we can always refer to it in the future and history will vindicate us...at least some of us.
Good discuss guys, warm regards to all.

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by rallymento(m): 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Please, I am finding it had to comprehend some posts. It is either my eyes and brain isn't interpreting well or unu amaro asu bekee! Simple!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell / Bishop T.D. JAKES' Son Jermaine JAKES Arrested for Lewd Behaviour / Cameroonian Pastor Caught Having Three-some With 2 Married Women, Paraded Unclad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.