Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,706 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... (30302 Views)

How Do I Design My Blog Like Linda Ikeji's Blog With Frames >>new In Blogosphere / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable? / Did You Try To Use Wikipedia During The SOPA blackout? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
booked. brb
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Leadn(m): 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
interesting read...
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by HonourablePomk: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
Oh
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nice article
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by coolshegs10(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by savedbreak: 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
Most bloggers nowadays are only in the business to extort money from upcoming artiste and that is sad!
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by j4sure(m): 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
ok still reading
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Obascoetubi: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
kentornic:
Bloggers! Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji-- Read This First

Hello Nairalanders

I cannot sit on the sidelines anymore and allow so many dreams fall by the wayside due to a misunderstanding of how successful blogs are built.

I ’m going to use this platform to address the issues I see, because I know from past experience that my unique perspective can really make a tremendous difference in your blogging business, as it has for many of my coaching clients.

Lack of fundamental blogging business knowledge is really the primary cause for so much struggling and time wasting, it’s sad.

It’s the reason why the overwhelming majority of Nigerians new to blogging will fail in achieving their dreams even if they buy lots of tutorials on blogging, study them religiously and work extremely hard

I have been carefully following the blogosphere is Nigeria and can't help but observe the myriad of new bloggers struggling with everything.

One of the major causes of this is the alarming rate with which new bloggers follow successful bloggers like lindaikeji..com, replicating their blogging model, with the hope of attaining the same height and achieving the same results as they did.

Bloggers need to understand that Linda started just at the right time to become a leader of her type of blogging model in the entertainment news niche.

Infact if you are a new individual blogger, her model of blogging will not be as effective for you now as it was for her years ago when she started, irrespective of the topic you planned to blog about.

Before I explain the reason for this, let me first introduce you to the different models of blogging

There are only two models of building a successful blog that will make you money.

They are

The Blog Magazine Model

The Expert Model

Lindaikeji..com operates on the blog magazine model which was the default and best blogging model during the early days of blogging. Today a lot has changed and the Expert model is much more a better choice than the magazine model and I’ll explain why in a moment - but first let’s make sure you understand the difference."

[size=16pt]THE MAGAZINE MODEL[/size]

Print magazines make money by selling advertising. The larger their circulation, the more influence they exert over people, and the demographics of their readers, dictate how much money they make.

Blog magazines are essentially the same. The more traffic (circulation) they have,the type and quality of that traffic (reader demographics) and the influence they have over their audience, determines profitability.

This model relies heavily on large volumes of traffic, and thus large volumes of content. You also have to be very good at breaking news stories in your industry before anyone else.

It is VERY difficult for an individual to make this model work because of the amount of effort required to stay on top of the latest news and produce so many articles day after day."

The other weakness of the magazine model is the monetization method. " If you have millions of visitors per month, you have volume, enough that small purchases of advertising impressions can pay the bills… and then some

However, do you realise how hard you have to work to reach millions of visitors per month? On top of hard work, your timing has to be amazing too, catching the crest of that trend wave just as it starts to rise.

Even though she started when the blog magazine model was booming, Linda ikeji still has to consistently blog everyday for 8 years before she got to where she is now. She didn’t make much money in most part of those eight years.

If you are to follow this model today, you may have to wait two times the number of years she waited to make money or put in millions of naira in advertisement before you can gain recognition.

Unfortunately, many new bloggers blindly follow and replicate her model in different niches, not realizing it’s the wrong model to replicate. You will never have the traffic volume required to make it work and you will forever produce free content hoping that one day you will make it.

If you follow this model today, you have a massive job ahead of you. It’s just not the smartest choice for most people. It takes more work, is harder to sustain, you need the right timing, and ultimately is not nearly as well leveraged.

THE EXPERT MODEL!

The Expert Model, sometimes called “Authority Blogging” simply means you use your blog as a platform to demonstrate your expertise or passion for a subject.

You don’t have to produce mountains of content with this model, nor are you trying to break the latest news like a magazine. You do need HIGH QUALITY content, but you can publish just once a week and earn a full time income or more.

The reason why this works is the high leverage monetization strategy. You don’t rely on advertising, instead you have a range of products and services you sell directly to your audience.

Using this model you can attract 100 customers per year who spend $1,000 a year (that’s over an entire year, so not necessarily all in one purchase), and you have a $100,000 business."

Some great examples of the Expert model blogging are

Tim of Timothysykes.com makes $150,000 Monthly sharing his knowledge of stock trading with the world

Josh of Expertphotography.com earns over $15,000 Monthly teaching people how to take cool photographs. He created the blog in April 2013

People like Gary Varneychuks, Chris Garret, Mari smith, Kim Garst, Chris Brogan all have built multimillion dollars empires around their knowledge of how to market on social media.

Alborz Fallah founder of caradvice.com earns over $70,000 Monthly from the blog where he shares his knowledge about cars.

Pinchofyum.com is a blog run by a couple, they blog about recipes and food and earn 5 figures monthly. They made over $32,000 in September alone. They post monthly income report on their blog

I can go on and on. There are thousands of bloggers like them who make a killing sharing their unique perspective on their subject of interest with the world.

We have quite a handful of them from nigeria too, but because most nigerian bloggers have swayed completely to the blog magazine model, we are yet to maximize the potentials of this model.

It’s much easier to find 100 paying customers in a year using a very focused expert blog, than it is to attract ten thousand visitors a day to your blog to make enough money from advertising.

Your goal is to create a subject-focused, high quality blog, with a small but highly engaged audience, whom you can sell products and services to, earning high profit margins.

Culled From www.gainfulproject.com/linda-ikeji
what about dis story. https://www.nairaland.com/1184633/nkecki-ogbonna-linda-ikeji-secret.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
[deleted]

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by condralbede(m): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
kentornic:

You should find time to read it bro. You will be glad you did
so u r saying u read it finish....hmmmm,I guess u r a blogger too or intending onegrin

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by mcmukoko12(m): 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
I will pass there.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by naturefellow(m): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
Great post!
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by dharay99: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
[b][/b]
niqqa:
Abeg who read am finish?
I didn't o. grin grin
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Krucifax(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aitee1:
Someone summarize plsssss

I'm allergic to epistle... undecided

What you actually mean is you are allergic to knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Jesuscoming: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
Please guys..I really need ur help on this one.. I saw a website that is own by nigeria support fund. They invited some nigerians between the ages of 18-40 to write a short pointed note on how they can help fight poverty with their profession or dreamed profession. They also said that participates will be rewarded with one NSF laptop,scholarships, and the best participate in each category will be given 1million naira and some other benefits... God helping me,i wrote and i was shortlisted.. The problem now is that they asked me to register with 6500 naira to get the laptop and other benefits.. Honestly,am confused because i really don't know what to believe any more....I thought they said its an empowerment program, they said nigerians should express how they can help fight poverty,,,Pls 4 God sake why must we pay 6500 for registration Pls guys i need you on this one...If you really know anything about it,pls share....Help save my money b4 it enters voice mail. Thanks!
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by okpamson15(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
What is this blog, blogger blogger blogger u guys are even talking about self? It's a bank or what? Somebody help me out.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by AJOT99(m): 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
U are right!
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by gistmelove(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ok
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by UjSizzle(f): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
Lol if you're going to blog, just be yourself biko. Linda is doing what she loves (paying attention to gossip and having an opinion about people's lives), so if you're going to do same, then give it your own unique personal touch. Shikena. If you're lucky, you'll gain traffic and advertisers. If your aim isn't money making, but building a community, then you just might get that too.

My 2kobo.

6 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by MZdamola(f): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Why do u have to be like her, can't u be urself
NB: I didn't read d long note, it's too long, I attended my summary classes well...
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
My blog makes more than Lindaikeji's blog. Its good to be an expert blogger.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
Jesuscoming:
Please guys..I really need ur help on this one.. I saw a website that is own by nigeria support fund. They invited some nigerians between the ages of 18-40 to write a short pointed note on how they can help fight poverty with their profession or dreamed profession. They also said that participates will be rewarded with one NSF laptop,scholarships, and the best participate in each category will be given 1million naira and some other benefits... God helping me,i wrote and i was shortlisted.. The problem now is that they asked me to register with 6500 naira to get the laptop and other benefits.. Honestly,am confused because i really don't know what to believe any more....I thought they said its an empowerment program, they said nigerians should express how they can help fight poverty,,,Pls 4 God sake why must we pay 6500 for registration Pls guys i need you on this one...If you really know anything about it,pls share....Help save my money b4 it enters voice mail. Thanks!
Run for your dare money. It's scam alert.

7 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by oc2fish: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
Good write up, would love to learn one or two things about blogging. Please give me your email let me inbox you let's talk.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Orikinla(m): 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
OP, you are spot on.
LIB was started 7 years ago and the blogger only started making money two years ago.
She often made weekly visits to my office for tips and Nairaland contributed to her popularity and basic financial success.
But as you can see, that she has not learned any lesson from the recent problems that made Google to shut her blog. She is still using her sub domain as if she cannot succeed without it.

Two things helped LIB to succeed. And she has not made made them public.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
I think OP's analysis is on point. Very apt.

I agree with his classification.

Let me share my experience and perspective.

Magazine blogging is more difficult in terms of physical activity and time, but it is easier in terms of mental and intellectual requirement. You just need to be have an eyes for news, gossips, copying and pasting if you like etc. That's why it is an all-comers affair.

It is difficult because of the regularity, updating almost every hour. It requires a lot of hardwork. Huge traffic is key to the success of such blog, which depends majorly on adverts, adsense, affiliate marketing etc.

Authority blogging doesn't need much physical resources, but mental wherewithal.

You may not need to post more than once a day or even twice or thrice a week. Huge traffic is a bonus, it is not a principal requirement.

The latter is my model at JarusHub.

We don't get much traffic, sometimes less than 1000 views a day, but we have loyal readers. Our judgments are also respected.

Our monetization strategy is by offering services and products. We have never made a dime from advertising. We don't even have adsense account.

5 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by DisGuy: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
kentornic:
Bloggers! Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji-- Read This First

Hello Nairalanders

I cannot sit on the sidelines anymore and allow so many dreams fall by the wayside due to a misunderstanding of how successful blogs are built.

THE EXPERT MODEL!

The Expert Model, sometimes called “Authority Blogging” simply means you use your blog as a platform to demonstrate your expertise or passion for a subject.

Some great examples of the Expert model blogging are

Tim of Timothysykes.com makes $150,000 Monthly sharing his knowledge of stock trading with the world

Josh of Expertphotography.com earns over $15,000 Monthly teaching people how to take cool photographs. He created the blog in April 2013

People like Gary Varneychuks, Chris Garret, Mari smith, Kim Garst, Chris Brogan all have built multimillion dollars empires around their knowledge of how to market on social media.

Alborz Fallah founder of caradvice.com earns over $70,000 Monthly from the blog where he shares his knowledge about cars.

Pinchofyum.com is a blog run by a couple, they blog about recipes and food and earn 5 figures monthly. They made over $32,000 in September alone. They post monthly income report on their blog

I can go on and on. There are thousands of bloggers like them who make a killing sharing their unique perspective on their subject of interest with the world.

We have quite a handful of them from nigeria too, but because most nigerian bloggers have swayed completely to the blog magazine model, we are yet to maximize the potentials of this model.

It’s much easier to find 100 paying customers in a year using a very focused expert blog, than it is to attract ten thousand visitors a day to your blog to make enough money from advertising.

Culled From www.gainfulproject.com/linda-ikeji

No Nigerian example of the expert model...?? invariably meaning most bloggers are out for a quick buck from uncle google...

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by soldierdollar(m): 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
So this finally hit front page angry
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Wittylens(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
Is linda ikeji a blogger? I don't think so!! I will like to see her write a 600 words article. Not all those short 1 line stuffs she posts on her blog.

She is successful because she started at a time when blogging was still a virgin in nigeria.. Everyone knows that.

But she is far from been the best blogger in nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Odinaka00(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buchukwu:
Whats the obsession about this bloke? What has she done and what achievement is that? That she opened a blog when people hardly had phones/computers, when people were obsessed with going to websites, IT WAS NEW THEN, that there were less sites then than now? That bloke is nothing and has achieved nothing. I don't even understand the news she gives. The news in her site is fashion fashion, photos. No national news at all. I don't visit her blog for a sec, except when the row between one aye dee. I Give her 2 years and she folds up. Her traffic is falling daily, daily, daily. Many less/low profiled bloggers are better than her news-wise. She never worked for anything, she arose when the was no competition, she didn't do any form of advert, she can't survive competition. That shows by her NOW Traffic. Fucck Linda Ikeji. She succks.

You don't visit her blog according to what u said, so how do u knw her traffic is falling daily? U indirectly displayed ur hatred, ekworo, anya ufu, obi ojoo n'ebe oganihu nwannem nwanyi ikeji no....

6 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Jarus:
Reserved.

Jarus dey book space too?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
bro i suggest you take am easy oo or else you go get hypertension ooo shocked shocked

una dey fight with linda??
Buchukwu:
Whats the obsession about this bloke? What has she done and what achievement is that? That she opened a blog when people hardly had phones/computers, when people were obsessed with going to websites, IT WAS NEW THEN, that there were less sites then than now? That bloke is nothing and has achieved nothing. I don't even understand the news she gives. The news in her site is fashion fashion, photos. No national news at all. I don't visit her blog for a sec, except when the row between one aye dee. I Give her 2 years and she folds up. Her traffic is falling daily, daily, daily. Many less/low profiled bloggers are better than her news-wise. She never worked for anything, she arose when the was no competition, she didn't do any form of advert, she can't survive competition. That shows by her NOW Traffic. Fucck Linda Ikeji. She succks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by arsetalks(m): 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Good post mate. Really top notch stuff. However, you are wrong when you say one can't get millions of visits or even impressions in the news industry. I have several sites on football and I get at least 2 million visits for 3 of my blogs. If you want it proved, I will but privately.

The problem with our guys is that they so much believe that they have to get sensational before they get views and then hurt themselves in the long run. They have abandoned the basis. And most of them come in here with the intention of making money without working hard. Let's be honest, many of us who are into blogging will not be doing it if there is better opportunities for us and a good number of us who became overnight bloggers are doing it simply to make money but some are so desperate to make that money that they neglect hard work. You can't neglect hard work in this niche and succeed. NEVER.

It took me 1 year 3 months to make the first $100 online and it was even $3 short as it was exactly $97 but I didn't give up. I kept reading and WORKING HARD. The following month I sold a website for $3999 but then I knew when that niche was dying and left. I would not have known if I was doing what most others are doing today, following Linda Ikeji. I know people who are still struggling with a niche I abandoned 5 years ago, simply because they still believe I am in that Niche of which I have sold my site and moved on.

Many don't want to do researches. Which is inevitable if you want to be successful as a blogger. For instance, through my researches, I discovered an untapped niche known as reverse phone detective niche. Myself and a fellow Nairalander made at least $10k each and when I made mistake of using the niche as an example in an ebook I wrote back then, Nigerians jumped into it, I left the niche immediately for them.

I am now into my passion - football. And tell you what? I get on average 2m visits for one of my blogs and I have 14 of them ( off course I can only maintain just 3 at once so not all do well as some were bought with the intention of flipping them off later ).

You see Nigerians giving my oga akinalabi ( I am able to call him my owner because I learnt through him. I am any day any time proud of his humility ) free money even when they don't know about sports betting ( it is an art, not just a game ) whereas a good number of this people have good opinion in the beautiful game of football or other sports which they can put into writing in a blog and make a killing but they won't cos they rather follow Linda Ikeji. They believe they only way they can do well is to become another Linda Ikeji.

I bought a football blog from a fellow Nigerian for 350 GBP. Same blog makes on average 500 pounds per month. Reason - I put my time in what I know instead of he who concentrates on his other blog which is about celebrity news which he knows f*ck all about.

The funny thing is, to generate traffic with a football site is extremely easy. You can not see me posting on facebook, I do post on twitter simply because I like to make noise about how good my writers are, but we generate great amount of traffic.

You only need to make sure your articles are well written, your news source cited and you add your opinion and sites such as kicknews.com, goonernews, chelseanews, newsnow.co.uk among others will happily list you on their network and send you millions of traffic.

Bottom line - Nigerians need to learn how to carry out researches and stop been unnecessarily sensational in their headline. Yes, the world of journalism/blogging is somewhat sensational but some of our people do not only get sensational, they outright lie thereby putting put off.

People also need to accept the fact that there are many niches out there. Learn niche research, learn keyword research. From these 2 you know how good or bad a niche. It is like setting up a site on weight loss, be an expert for all I care, you will struggle because there are just too many experts in that niche - bar sports/football niches.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland MissTechy Featured On Nigerian Bulletin:Give advice to New Bloggers / "Female In Nigeria" Facebook Group Founder Meets Mark Zuckerberg In USA (Photo) / 10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.