Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... (30304 Views)

How Do I Design My Blog Like Linda Ikeji's Blog With Frames >>new In Blogosphere / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable? / Did You Try To Use Wikipedia During The SOPA blackout? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by MightyFortress: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Insightful...
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by samseen02(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nice write up bro!
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by zangiff(m): 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Everything they is good but if they refuse to learn, some will drop thier blog later if they cant get d fact d op is talking about
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Skyblings(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
nice wrte-up...
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Lilimax(f): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buchukwu:
Whats the obsession about this bloke? What has she done and what achievement is that? That she opened a blog when people hardly had phones/computers, when people were obsessed with going to websites, IT WAS NEW THEN, that there were less sites then than now? That bloke is nothing and has achieved nothing. I don't even understand the news she gives. The news in her site is fashion fashion, photos. No national news at all. I don't visit her blog for a sec, except when the row between one aye dee. I Give her 2 years and she folds up. Her traffic is falling daily, daily, daily. Many less/low profiled bloggers are better than her news-wise. She never worked for anything, she arose when the was no competition, she didn't do any form of advert, she can't survive competition. That shows by her NOW Traffic. Fucck Linda Ikeji. She succks.
Na wao! Wetin Linda do you that warranted this beefing undecided Una been get kwata or is it just hatred? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by freelife4all(m): 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buchukwu:
Whats the obsession about this bloke? What has she done and what achievement is that? That she opened a blog when people hardly had phones/computers, when people were obsessed with going to websites, IT WAS NEW THEN, that there were less sites then than now? That bloke is nothing and has achieved nothing. I don't even understand the news she gives. The news in her site is fashion fashion, photos. No national news at all. I don't visit her blog for a sec, except when the row between one aye dee. I Give her 2 years and she folds up. Her traffic is falling daily, daily, daily. Many less/low profiled bloggers are better than her news-wise. She never worked for anything, she arose when the was no competition, she didn't do any form of advert, she can't survive competition. That shows by her NOW Traffic. Fucck Linda Ikeji. She succks.
Bro, why are you doing this to yourself? Is not good. Be nice to yourself. That is by the way. As at that time you are talking about some people tried it but it did't work out for them, some couldn't endure that fach that they have go sit close to their computer for months without benefiting any thing for that, they gave up the dream. But she persisted for years, until she start earning money.so,you should be proud of her, it is great achievement. If Nigeria as a country have achieve such with all the resources available in the , you wil not be complaing.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by freelife4all(m): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
Buchukwu:
Bro, why are you doing this to yourself? Is not good. Be nice to yourself. That is by the way. As at that time you are talking about some people tried it but it did't work out for them, some couldn't endure that fach that they have go sit close to their computer for months without benefiting any thing for that, they gave up the dream. But she persisted for years, until she start earning money.so,you should be proud of her, it is great achievement. If Nigeria as a country have achieve such with all the resources available in the , you wil not be complaing. It is not easy, from nothing to something. I am proud her more than i am to Nigeria.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Revolva(m): 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
well thanks....al i can say is Linda is lucky and she is just being favoured thats all..
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
it is easier to monetize with the 2nd option...
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Buchukwu:
Whats the obsession about this bloke? What has she done and what achievement is that? That she opened a blog when people hardly had phones/computers, when people were obsessed with going to websites, IT WAS NEW THEN, that there were less sites then than now? That bloke is nothing and has achieved nothing. I don't even understand the news she gives. The news in her site is fashion fashion, photos. No national news at all. I don't visit her blog for a sec, except when the row between one aye dee. I Give her 2 years and sheo folds up. Her traffic is falling daily, daily, daily. Many less/low profiled bloggers are better than her news-wise. She never worked for anything, she arose when the was no competition, she didn't do any form of advert, she can't survive competition. That shows by her NOW Traffic. Fucck Linda Ikeji. She succks.
Na bad belle go kill you anuofia
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by moneymaker24(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2014
Honestly, I didn't read through all the lines the OP posted o cos it was too lengthy but I didn't hesitate to read the bolded endings where he mentioned blogs and how much they earn. That's where the main inspiration lies grin grin
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by javadoctor(m): 5:43am On Nov 11, 2014
niqqa:
Abeg who read am finish?

Funny enough I did. Because Nigerian bloggers r a pain, just like Nigerians artists or nollywood movie producers, they all lack creativity rather they prefer to copy a trending success model that might work for them.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Afam4eva(m): 6:11am On Nov 11, 2014
This is what i have been trying to tell people for a very long time. Don't think by copying Linda Ikeji or any popular blog out there, that it will automatically snowball your blog to even achieve 50% success. Lindaieji is popular not because she employed any special marketing gimmick. All she did was to setup her blog at a time when there were not lots of blog and she remained steadfast and of course, she's a good blogger too. I guess that's the fundamental to owning a blog. You must first be good at blogging.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by tunaguy(m): 6:24am On Nov 11, 2014
summary pls
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by jerriandy: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Quite a remarkable post. What an eye opener to me. Very thoughtful of you to have let us in the know.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Donfolu: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2014
How to Get Free 2GB From Etisalat Every Month by Changing Your IMEI Number (Stepwise Approach)
http://donfolu..com/2014/11/how-to-get-2gb-from-etisalat-every.html
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Mescopaul(m): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2014
Yea we're getting there soon, EXPERT MODEL BLOG www.understandingyourfamily..com
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by lillyjane(f): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Mescopaul:
Yea we're getting there soon, EXPERT MODEL BLOG www.understandingyourfamily..com
You are doing well dear.

Mine is www..com It's All About Nature: Natural Home Remedies, Beauty and General Lifestyle
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2014
kentornic:
Bloggers! Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji-- Read This First

Hello Nairalanders

I cannot sit on the sidelines anymore and allow so many dreams fall by the wayside due to a misunderstanding of how successful blogs are built.

I ’m going to use this platform to address the issues I see, because I know from past experience that my unique perspective can really make a tremendous difference in your blogging business, as it has for many of my coaching clients.

Lack of fundamental blogging business knowledge is really the primary cause for so much struggling and time wasting, it’s sad.

It’s the reason why the overwhelming majority of Nigerians new to blogging will fail in achieving their dreams even if they buy lots of tutorials on blogging, study them religiously and work extremely hard

I have been carefully following the blogosphere is Nigeria and can't help but observe the myriad of new bloggers struggling with everything.

One of the major causes of this is the alarming rate with which new bloggers follow successful bloggers like lindaikeji..com, replicating their blogging model, with the hope of attaining the same height and achieving the same results as they did.

Bloggers need to understand that Linda started just at the right time to become a leader of her type of blogging model in the entertainment news niche.

Infact if you are a new individual blogger, her model of blogging will not be as effective for you now as it was for her years ago when she started, irrespective of the topic you planned to blog about.

Before I explain the reason for this, let me first introduce you to the different models of blogging

There are only two models of building a successful blog that will make you money.

They are

The Blog Magazine Model

The Expert Model

Lindaikeji..com operates on the blog magazine model which was the default and best blogging model during the early days of blogging. Today a lot has changed and the Expert model is much more a better choice than the magazine model and I’ll explain why in a moment - but first let’s make sure you understand the difference."

[size=16pt]THE MAGAZINE MODEL[/size]

Print magazines make money by selling advertising. The larger their circulation, the more influence they exert over people, and the demographics of their readers, dictate how much money they make.

Blog magazines are essentially the same. The more traffic (circulation) they have,the type and quality of that traffic (reader demographics) and the influence they have over their audience, determines profitability.

This model relies heavily on large volumes of traffic, and thus large volumes of content. You also have to be very good at breaking news stories in your industry before anyone else.

It is VERY difficult for an individual to make this model work because of the amount of effort required to stay on top of the latest news and produce so many articles day after day."

The other weakness of the magazine model is the monetization method. " If you have millions of visitors per month, you have volume, enough that small purchases of advertising impressions can pay the bills… and then some

However, do you realise how hard you have to work to reach millions of visitors per month? On top of hard work, your timing has to be amazing too, catching the crest of that trend wave just as it starts to rise.

Even though she started when the blog magazine model was booming, Linda ikeji still has to consistently blog everyday for 8 years before she got to where she is now. She didn’t make much money in most part of those eight years.

If you are to follow this model today, you may have to wait two times the number of years she waited to make money or put in millions of naira in advertisement before you can gain recognition.

Unfortunately, many new bloggers blindly follow and replicate her model in different niches, not realizing it’s the wrong model to replicate. You will never have the traffic volume required to make it work and you will forever produce free content hoping that one day you will make it.

If you follow this model today, you have a massive job ahead of you. It’s just not the smartest choice for most people. It takes more work, is harder to sustain, you need the right timing, and ultimately is not nearly as well leveraged.

THE EXPERT MODEL!

The Expert Model, sometimes called “Authority Blogging” simply means you use your blog as a platform to demonstrate your expertise or passion for a subject.

You don’t have to produce mountains of content with this model, nor are you trying to break the latest news like a magazine. You do need HIGH QUALITY content, but you can publish just once a week and earn a full time income or more.

The reason why this works is the high leverage monetization strategy. You don’t rely on advertising, instead you have a range of products and services you sell directly to your audience.

Using this model you can attract 100 customers per year who spend $1,000 a year (that’s over an entire year, so not necessarily all in one purchase), and you have a $100,000 business."

Some great examples of the Expert model blogging are

Tim of Timothysykes.com makes $150,000 Monthly sharing his knowledge of stock trading with the world

Josh of Expertphotography.com earns over $15,000 Monthly teaching people how to take cool photographs. He created the blog in April 2013

People like Gary Varneychuks, Chris Garret, Mari smith, Kim Garst, Chris Brogan all have built multimillion dollars empires around their knowledge of how to market on social media.

Alborz Fallah founder of caradvice.com earns over $70,000 Monthly from the blog where he shares his knowledge about cars.

Pinchofyum.com is a blog run by a couple, they blog about recipes and food and earn 5 figures monthly. They made over $32,000 in September alone. They post monthly income report on their blog

I can go on and on. There are thousands of bloggers like them who make a killing sharing their unique perspective on their subject of interest with the world.

We have quite a handful of them from nigeria too, but because most nigerian bloggers have swayed completely to the blog magazine model, we are yet to maximize the potentials of this model.

It’s much easier to find 100 paying customers in a year using a very focused expert blog, than it is to attract ten thousand visitors a day to your blog to make enough money from advertising.

Your goal is to create a subject-focused, high quality blog, with a small but highly engaged audience, whom you can sell products and services to, earning high profit margins.

Culled From www.gainfulproject.com/linda-ikeji
first of ask must every one be a blogger.?
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2014
pelij:
first of ask must every one be a blogger.?
if everyone is a blogger then who will be the reader hmmm.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2014
kentornic:
Bloggers! Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji-- Read This First

Hello Nairalanders

I cannot sit on the sidelines anymore and allow so many dreams fall by the wayside due to a misunderstanding of how successful blogs are built.

I ’m going to use this platform to address the issues I see, because I know from past experience that my unique perspective can really make a tremendous difference in your blogging business, as it has for many of my coaching clients.

Lack of fundamental blogging business knowledge is really the primary cause for so much struggling and time wasting, it’s sad.

It’s the reason why the overwhelming majority of Nigerians new to blogging will fail in achieving their dreams even if they buy lots of tutorials on blogging, study them religiously and work extremely hard

I have been carefully following the blogosphere is Nigeria and can't help but observe the myriad of new bloggers struggling with everything.

One of the major causes of this is the alarming rate with which new bloggers follow successful bloggers like lindaikeji..com, replicating their blogging model, with the hope of attaining the same height and achieving the same results as they did.

Bloggers need to understand that Linda started just at the right time to become a leader of her type of blogging model in the entertainment news niche.

Infact if you are a new individual blogger, her model of blogging will not be as effective for you now as it was for her years ago when she started, irrespective of the topic you planned to blog about.

Before I explain the reason for this, let me first introduce you to the different models of blogging

There are only two models of building a successful blog that will make you money.

They are

The Blog Magazine Model

The Expert Model

Lindaikeji..com operates on the blog magazine model which was the default and best blogging model during the early days of blogging. Today a lot has changed and the Expert model is much more a better choice than the magazine model and I’ll explain why in a moment - but first let’s make sure you understand the difference."

[size=16pt]THE MAGAZINE MODEL[/size]

Print magazines make money by selling advertising. The larger their circulation, the more influence they exert over people, and the demographics of their readers, dictate how much money they make.

Blog magazines are essentially the same. The more traffic (circulation) they have,the type and quality of that traffic (reader demographics) and the influence they have over their audience, determines profitability.

This model relies heavily on large volumes of traffic, and thus large volumes of content. You also have to be very good at breaking news stories in your industry before anyone else.

It is VERY difficult for an individual to make this model work because of the amount of effort required to stay on top of the latest news and produce so many articles day after day."

The other weakness of the magazine model is the monetization method. " If you have millions of visitors per month, you have volume, enough that small purchases of advertising impressions can pay the bills… and then some

However, do you realise how hard you have to work to reach millions of visitors per month? On top of hard work, your timing has to be amazing too, catching the crest of that trend wave just as it starts to rise.

Even though she started when the blog magazine model was booming, Linda ikeji still has to consistently blog everyday for 8 years before she got to where she is now. She didn’t make much money in most part of those eight years.

If you are to follow this model today, you may have to wait two times the number of years she waited to make money or put in millions of naira in advertisement before you can gain recognition.

Unfortunately, many new bloggers blindly follow and replicate her model in different niches, not realizing it’s the wrong model to replicate. You will never have the traffic volume required to make it work and you will forever produce free content hoping that one day you will make it.

If you follow this model today, you have a massive job ahead of you. It’s just not the smartest choice for most people. It takes more work, is harder to sustain, you need the right timing, and ultimately is not nearly as well leveraged.

THE EXPERT MODEL!

The Expert Model, sometimes called “Authority Blogging” simply means you use your blog as a platform to demonstrate your expertise or passion for a subject.

You don’t have to produce mountains of content with this model, nor are you trying to break the latest news like a magazine. You do need HIGH QUALITY content, but you can publish just once a week and earn a full time income or more.

The reason why this works is the high leverage monetization strategy. You don’t rely on advertising, instead you have a range of products and services you sell directly to your audience.

Using this model you can attract 100 customers per year who spend $1,000 a year (that’s over an entire year, so not necessarily all in one purchase), and you have a $100,000 business."

Some great examples of the Expert model blogging are

Tim of Timothysykes.com makes $150,000 Monthly sharing his knowledge of stock trading with the world

Josh of Expertphotography.com earns over $15,000 Monthly teaching people how to take cool photographs. He created the blog in April 2013

People like Gary Varneychuks, Chris Garret, Mari smith, Kim Garst, Chris Brogan all have built multimillion dollars empires around their knowledge of how to market on social media.

Alborz Fallah founder of caradvice.com earns over $70,000 Monthly from the blog where he shares his knowledge about cars.

Pinchofyum.com is a blog run by a couple, they blog about recipes and food and earn 5 figures monthly. They made over $32,000 in September alone. They post monthly income report on their blog

I can go on and on. There are thousands of bloggers like them who make a killing sharing their unique perspective on their subject of interest with the world.

We have quite a handful of them from nigeria too, but because most nigerian bloggers have swayed completely to the blog magazine model, we are yet to maximize the potentials of this model.

It’s much easier to find 100 paying customers in a year using a very focused expert blog, than it is to attract ten thousand visitors a day to your blog to make enough money from advertising.

Your goal is to create a subject-focused, high quality blog, with a small but highly engaged audience, whom you can sell products and services to, earning high profit margins.

Culled From www.gainfulproject.com/linda-ikeji

Bro, nice write up.

IMO, it really doesn't matter what blogging model you choose. Infact I will tell you something very frankly. The post you culled is a post with a heavy SEO bias. It is when you start talking SEO that phrase like Authority Blogging starts to creep in.

Now why did Linda succeed? Why did Nairaland succeed? Simple! They did something others weren't doing. And at the start they really never imagined they would be as big as they are today. They just wanted to do something they believed in and thought was unique.

Linda started with a Gossip blog and overtime it gained momentum and grew.

If someone today says he want to blog magazine style, he can and will succeed. Infact he is more likely to succeed at Magazine style blog than he will at Authority blogging. You know why? Everybody is into Authority Blogging. And Nigerians are growing weary.

With a magazine style blog, the blog owner is free to write whatever pleases him. I can decide to create a magazine for right about anything. I can talk about comedy and people will follow. I can blog about poetry and people will follow. I can blog about politics and people will follow. The great thing about Magazine style blogging is that I don't need to prove who I am. As long as I can give fresh perspectives every time, I'm good. In Authority blogging you need to build trust.

So it really doesnt matter the style a blogger chooses. What matters is the blogger himself, his dedication and the quality of the content he is dishing out. Heck he doesnt even need to bother about SEO. I wonder why people kill themselves over that thing when there are a million other ways to gain organic traffic. Linda certainly didn't know about SEO when she started and I doubt she does now. Infact I have never seen Linda's blog come up once on the first page of google when I type a query. I have never seen it. Yet she get tons of visitors to her blog

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Leonoble(m): 10:14am On Nov 11, 2014
Buchukwu:
Y d passion Hating on anoda Person success?..I wonder hw wealthy and wise u are compare 2 d one u re Hating, plz try not 2 critic any man success bcus He/She was not sleepin b4 d Got 2 whr d are.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by PROVENSOLUTION: 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
So which category do this blog http://provensolutionsng..com/ fall. And what do you think about her services. Publishing job seekers profile.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by portable86(f): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
True talk op, i blog too but linda didn't inspire me, at some point i got bored. SDK is still the one i look up too
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Piro4rl(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Very Educative.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by peter4d2(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Well let's say I did get 2 read d whole stuff but seeing d source made want 2 read oda pples comments I guessed write L.I haters but d worst part of it I'm also part of dose pple
Its only. On nairaland I get 2 hear abt her n if I say d oga boss might b a mutual frndz.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by salau01(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
hate it or love it, just visit www.latestforya..com thanks
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Mescopaul(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
lillyjane:

You are doing well dear.
Thankz dearie

Mine is www..com It's All About Nature: Natural Home Remedies, Beauty and General Lifestyle
You are doing great too! You can mentor me on more abt blogging and how u get trafficks and visits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland MissTechy Featured On Nigerian Bulletin:Give advice to New Bloggers / "Female In Nigeria" Facebook Group Founder Meets Mark Zuckerberg In USA (Photo) / 10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.