Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96400 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions.
1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
What's your view?
To you, it is a good thing?

It is a very bad thing. Firstly, it places your students at a disadvantage when they compete for IVY school admission in the UK, US,.....
Secondly, it is an indirect way of indicting the lecturers in the University. It means they do not know how to teach because if you teach well, students will pass. If actually you teach well and yet a first class is hard to come by, then it means your admission process has issues. You only admit dunces. Unfortunately, if you look very well, you will see that the Universities you mentioned here are also mentioned among the Universities where it is difficult to get admitted into. It is nothing to be proud of.
Ejighi afufu anya isi!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by louiskay(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
ValentineMary:
there are some dept that has never made a first class eg architecture. Chem engr has made only 1 first class ever, microbiology has not made 1 first class for 10 yrs now. Still asking "really"
. I still gat to ask REallY...... Well those dept. Have not seen some mad genius who are really good@ stuffs dey do nd whose good grades are guaranteed........... Well my school produced 28 first class students in the space of two years........so the issue of ur UNN is a huge surprise to me ooo............. Bt not producing first class does not make an institution tough or claim to be the best now.......... A student frm my school had first class in law nd achieved the same feet @ law school....... Double honour that is,,,,,, so I hope u now know wat am SAYING...... ##gracia##. ......... Most unn students therefore, are average students....... That's a logical conclusion to the discussion#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
phlora:
[color=#770077][/color] UNN is very hard too. To even pass your exams well is wahala.
This trend is getting annoying. No read your book dey dere dey mention difficult schools up and down.
A hardworker makes it in whatever school. No institution is difficult for a hardworker. Average students yelling difficult this, hard that.

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by mercielizzie(f): 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
9jaforlife:
There is no way the list can be complete without UNILORIN on it, the lecturers even boast in class with statements like "the last time we produced a first class student in this faculty was in 1977". A lecturer once told me in class that "only God could score an A in his course"

I soo disagree with UNIBADAN on this list... That school places priority on its students' good performance and it produces first class students regularly
U r so on point. D last 1st class std some depts produced are nao in dere 70s.

3 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Elkristo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Profcamsey:
who is this mumu? Come taste eksu, u go know say God no get brother. Reppin my skul.
no offence pls, wot is Eksu?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by GboyegaD(m): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
We need know what is driving this topics we are reading here of late. Why do we think making a 1st Class is about the University and not the individual students?
Those praising the of their lecturers should please watch it.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
UNIPORT all the way...

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ValentineMary(m): 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
louiskay:
. I still gat to ask REallY...... Well those dept. Have not seen some mad genius who are really good@ stuffs dey do nd whose good grades are guaranteed........... Well my school produced 28 first class students in the space of two years........so the issue of ur UNN is a huge surprise to me ooo............. Bt not producing first class does not make an institution tough or claim to be the best now.......... A student frm my school had first class in law nd achieved the same feet @ law school....... Double honour that is,,,,,, so I hope u now know wat am SAYING...... ##gracia##. ......... Most unn students therefore, are average students....... That's a logical conclusion to the discussion#
i am not from unn am from unizik. Last year my sch had 150 first class graduate and u call that average, let me see the" ma genius"from ur sch that can get first class in archi dept unizik

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Engrczar(m): 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
commenting vis a vis the topic.
Although making first class in any accredited Nigerian University is no child's play but the conditions in some schools has made it so difficult for students to bag first class.Taking Chem. Engineering (UNIZIK)
as an instance,being a student of the dept we were told during our induction that this feat has only be recorded just once,the reason if I may suggest would be as a result of the tight school calender and non compromising policy inherent in the dept.Infact mentioning first class in my dept now attracts little or no attention as it has seemed almost impossible.
mana aga-eji mgbagbu ghara ogu. Anyway I am dedicated to creating my own history

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by mysticjack95(m): 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Engrczar:
commenting vis a vis the topic.
Although making first class in any accredited Nigerian University is no child's play but the conditions in some schools has made it so difficult for students to bag first class.Taking Chem. Engineering (UNIZIK)
as an instance,being a student of the dept we were told during our induction that this feat has only be recorded just once,the reason if I may suggest would be as a result of the tight school calender and non compromise policy inherent in the dept.Infact mentioning first class in my dept now attracts little or no attention as it has seemed almost impossible.
mana aga-eji mgbagbu ghara ogu. Anyway I am dedicated to creating my own history
God will help you bro................Naboth abeg bring dat sugar make we drink dis garri jorrr
......... heading straight to night class

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:
There is no way the list can be complete without UNILORIN on it, the lecturers even boast in class with statements like "the last time we produced a first class student in this faculty was in 1977". A lecturer once told me in class that "only God could score an A in his course"

I soo disagree with UNIBADAN on this list... That school places priority on its students' good performance and it produces first class students regularly
. Especially department of political science 2:1 dey no dey get

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Jay20(m): 12:55am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions.
What's your view?

I rep FUTA n I can tell u dt getn a 1st class aint no joke.Even 2.1 self na war..
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by naijaboiy: 1:33am On Nov 03, 2014
Hmm Op there are other schools too o

[size=20pt]Please Vote jennimma For Miss Nairaland 2014[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1831614_jennimma_jpeg65611f972d5918e016b5dbc840a8f4f9

2 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by sweetchi26(f): 5:48am On Nov 03, 2014
Aw am i suppose to know sef? Everybody would claim dere skul is d most difficult to get a 1st class!!! Mayb if u av attended all,den we mite av gotten an accurate ansa!!

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by oluwatobi01(m): 6:29am On Nov 03, 2014
alentyno:

My view is:

You think people who make 1st class are extremely excellent while forgetting how good you can be if only you believe in yourself or believed in yourself (if you are a graduate)

Wake up! It is 2014!
None of the students from the alma maters you just mentioned came top @ the just conclude Nigeria Law School'ss final exam

The peeps that got 1st class in the recent Law school exams were from two lowly rated varsities

Click the link below if you think I am lying.
www.nairaland.com/1970040/how-made-first-class-law#27515700

Hey,if u tink AAUA is a lowly rated uni den u must b a joker.D dude(Longe) break d record of Ist class stu @d faculty of law, since inceptn of d faculty about 13yrs ago nobody 've had it. But pple tink its just a fluke n he prove dem wrong by repeating such feat in d law school.Hence, mind wat u say about AAUA cos 1st class no b beans @Akungba oooo...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by greatex(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2014
Evribody defending his or her skul but op how u take knw u go all dis skuls
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by AJOT99(m): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2014
Hmm
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2014
There's no UNN ? Thread is a Joke

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by omanifrank(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2014
yea
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by realugee: 9:31am On Nov 03, 2014
#justPassing
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by piagetskinner(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2014
Una don start againundecided#life does not start nd end within the confines of a university
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by tempem: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:

The bolded got me laughing real hard.....
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by DIVFAVOR(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

What's your view?

OP, what are your basis for this decision, please I will really appreciate if you can explain better.

For me, no Federal Univ. from the South-West should make this list, their pattern of grading their CGPA is very easy to make first class.
please for those still in school please ask your lecturers or HOD and they will explain better.

Thank you.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Myque1(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2014
What would we then say about FUTO?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by AltarBoy1: 9:39am On Nov 03, 2014
I knw of just one. ESUT.
Do well to click on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1964878/just-thinking-put-up-film
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 03, 2014
9jaforlife:

you're on point Bro. It's easier for a Dinosaurs to pass through a needles eye than for a genius to make first class in unilorin. It's not called better by stress for Nothing!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Awwal1st(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2014
All Universities in Nigeria is not easy to make first Class and don't select one school is tough, then list out the schools that are easy to pass out with First class, He be like say OP self just dey write rubbish...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Herrmes: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2014
What do you mean by "difficult?", First class isn't difficult, you just haven't worked hard enough
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2014
FUTA ke
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by charleff512(m): 9:41am On Nov 03, 2014
godwinony:
very soon you'll see a thread. captioned..Universities with best dresssd students..
I see it coming too
In another news.This is from Kwara State University's last convocation.
On the convocation, Professor Na’Allah said a total of 349 students were awarded Bachelor’s degrees in five Colleges and 25 Departments of the Institution.The graduands comprised 10 students from the College of Agriculture, 36 students from the College of Education, 184 from the College of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences, 67 from the College of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and 52 students from the College of Pure and Applied Sciences. Of the graduands, he said two students came out with First-Class Honours, 86 with 2nd Class honours Upper division, 193 with 2nd Class Lower division, while 68 had Third Class degrees.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.