Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96424 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Neroanna(f): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2014
This kyn early morning,una don start with dis una list...issorait!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by 3ga(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2014
drajjay:
na uniport .
highest ever 12 1st class.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:43am On Nov 03, 2014
FolabiCash:

We talking schools you talking Eksu. Swerve
Eksu hardly produce first class bro.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Abyzan(m): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2014
my guy, dont rush to conclusions....you havent been to or had friends from lots of other universities
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Sabadon(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. The hardest of them all... You need the Isaac Newton's brain to even make an upper class.
u just gave it to dem point blank,,in fact it should top d list.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by canalily(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2014
This thread is inconclusive without uniport. Thread closed untill uniport is added.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Larryupsy: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2014
Nairaland is becoming more of a theatre of cluelessness these days,I Wonder what rationale and parameter has the Op used in arriving at this comic conclusion.even across several departments within a university ,its a different ball game,so making a comparison of a subject u definately have a limited knowledge of is totally unneccesary
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2014
Let me pretend that my school isn't there, OP, this shyt is relative. No sentiments.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by omusiliyu(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2014
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TENSION AND AGONY(100 level)

FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TEST AND ASSIGNMENT(200-500LEVEL)

FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TESTIMONY AND ACHIEVEMENT(after graduation)...

Having First class in FUTA isnt easy @all

4 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ArxHead(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2014
louiskay:
. I still gat to ask REallY...... Well those dept. Have not seen some mad genius who are really good@ stuffs dey do nd whose good grades are guaranteed........... Well my school produced 28 first class students in the space of two years........so the issue of ur UNN is a huge surprise to me ooo............. Bt not producing first class does not make an institution tough or claim to be the best now.......... A student frm my school had first class in law nd achieved the same feet @ law school....... Double honour that is,,,,,, so I hope u now know wat am SAYING...... ##gracia##. ......... Most unn students therefore, are average students....... That's a logical conclusion to the discussion#

Sorry bro! But it's impossible to get a first class in architecture in unizik and probably in any other school for thaat matter! The course no be beans! Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by kenniesam: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2014
SmileyOP:

I feel NOUN (Open University) is d hardest... Abi I lie? "Life is a Joke"
you didn't lie at all,infact u r on point......lol
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by onyxo76(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2014
Oyetboy:
aint you guys tired of all this bullsh*t? at the end of the day, when you graduate from all these universities you are clamoring about, does it give you automatic employment? pfft
i wonder o... na all those convenant , bowen etc boys and girls with correct abuja connections that will get all those juicy jobs and your 1st class certificate mixed with pepper, tomatoes , onions deep fried in oil will not put a meal on your dinning table!!!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by defendedvictim(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2014
phlora:
[color=#770077][/color] UNN is very hard too. To even pass your exams well is wahala.
dats Nt true na...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Speakdatruth: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2014
Oyetboy:
aint you guys tired of all this bullsh*t? at the end of the day, when you graduate from all these universities you are clamoring about, does it give you automatic employment? pfft
gues u dropd out?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2014
Uniport and Uniport and Uniport, trust me!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2014
Abeg....University of Abuja...since dat skol's existence only 2 pple hav gotten first class.
D lect just no wan gree
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2014
ValentineMary:
Have u been to unizik lately, a 2nd class upper graduate from unizik is equal to a first class graduate in most sch.
You guys just make up shits,yet this same school is not even among the top ten university in Nigeria.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ojinku(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2014
SmileyOP:

I feel NOUN (Open University) is d hardest... Abi I lie? "Life is a Joke"

Which one is Open University? Here in France, our Universities are fenced.

7 Likes

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by jaystar(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=enairaprof post=27664726]In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?[/quote
5. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Bezed(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2014
phlora:
[color=#770077][/color] UNN is very hard too. To even pass your exams well is wahala.
not sure you know UNN well.. exams are normal they teach well and even. give obj as exams.. having up to 10 first class in a department
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Crispels(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2014
alentyno:

My view is:

You think people who make 1st class are extremely excellent while forgetting how good you can be if only you believe in yourself or believed in yourself (if you are a graduate)

Wake up! It is 2014!
None of the students from the alma maters you just mentioned came top @ the just conclude Nigeria Law School'ss final exam

The peeps that got 1st class in the recent Law school exams were from two lowly rated varsities

The students that made the first class were from which school bro

Click the link below if you think I am lying.
www.nairaland.com/1970040/how-made-first-class-law#27515700
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by austine4real(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2014
Wot of all saints anglican grammar school :-D:-D:-P
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Crispels(m): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2014
s3nn2x:
If University of Abuja is not on the list, then that list is incomplete.

I don't think there has ever been a set with up to 5 first class.....

The same uniabuja in gwags that is in crisis,No infrastructure No good administration The list goes...

Tell me this is a joke man! undecided
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Quelme: 10:02am On Nov 03, 2014
Sabadon:
u just gave it to dem point blank,,in fact it should top d list.
gbam!!! I read till my head when boom. But still to get an "A" is an holy grail... But na only me carry my leg waka go ekp...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dee1wolex(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2014
Do ur research well op......wen i finished frm unilorin....the entire sch graduated 8 first class......dat same year....UI had 24 first class in faculty of engineering alone.

UNILORIN is d sch
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by joseph1832(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2014
Oyetboy:
Actually graduating with a first class does give one automatic employment!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Crispels(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?

FUTA and UI should not even be on the list...

My elder brother graduated from futa with a first class in geology and he always say if you work hard and u'r dilligent,Nothing stops you from making a first class in FUTA!

Mind U.I is just resting on past glory, The school is crap nw!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by heatmeup(f): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2014
s3nn2x:
If University of Abuja is not on the list, then that list is incomplete.

I don't think there has ever been a set with up to 5 first class.....
hehehehehehehe how about unad industrial chemistry that has never made a 1st class
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2014
So why is it difficult to make first class in any Nigerian University.?

1.There aren't enough lecturers: One of the big problems in many Nigerian universities is that there are not enough lecturers. I did a postgrad degree outside the country....and the department where I did my degree had 600 lecturers. Most Nigerian universties don't even have up to that number of lecturers.

And even the lecturers are not qualified to teach. We do not have enough PhD and Professors in our universities.

Once you do not have enough lecturers...you have the situation where one lecturer is giving a lecture to hundreds of students. And then there is the problem of lack of mentors.

2.The facilities are in a mess. Libraries are bad. Lecture theaters are non existent or overcrowded. Student living conditions are atrocious. And labs do not work well. Of course...no fertiliser....no growth.

3.The primary and secondary schools do not prep the potential university student well. Especially in the areas of reading and writing. If you are not good at English comprehension, you will not make it in university. If you are not writing essays in primary and secondary school on a regular basis....you will not make it in university. Because both are key to your academic performance in university. And then there is the facilties problems, and so on.

So, what is the solution

1) Raise school fees.(And make technical education more attractive. You do not have to go to university to be educated).

2) Make standards for entry tighter. Related to that....make standards for entry into teacher training colleges tougher so that we can have better trained primary and secondary school teachers.

3.) End fuel subsidy and use the funds to make our universities better.

4) Increase the number of lecturers. It may even become necessary to go into joint ventures with foreign unis to get lecturers to come in and teach courses on a part time basis.

5.)Employ VC's not on the basis of their tribe....but on the basis of what they can bring to any university.

6.End corruption.

Article on reforming education in Nigeria here

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2014
Yustash001:
Even someone who's from landmark university will say it's hard to have 1st class in the school...
Landmark ko Groundmark ni. tongue
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ekundayoalo(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2014
Profcamsey:
who is this mumu? Come taste eksu, u go know say God no get brother. Reppin my skul.
Tell them! Let them know. Try EKSU, you go hear am. First class no be yam 4 there o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.