Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) (4248 Views)

Lets Rate The Design Of Each Other's Website / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / How Much Does The Design Of A Typcal Website Costs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Fellow Nairalanders I was charged N420k by a developer on Nairaland (onyegbu) to re-design our forum because of many unique features he added but people are saying the price is too much and the guy refuse to refund me at least N200k as suggested by people . Please I want you guys to help me review if the design of that site worth that amount so there will be peace.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:
Fellow Nairalanders I was charged N420k by a developer on Nairaland (onyegbu) to re-design our forum www..com because of many unique features he added but people are saying the price is too much and the guy refuse to refund me at least N200k as suggested by people . Please I want you guys to help me review if the design of that site worth that amount so there will be peace.

Ehn na wetin b dis..

How I wish sey na me be dat guy I for just chop ur money
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
Khaynet:

Ehn na wetin b dis..

How I wish sey na me be dat guy
Why
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by yungEX(m): 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
rubbish design
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by alabiyemmy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
u just want us to click at all cost.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
alabiyemmy:

Nope... He doesn't... his site is already popular and raking income... I've been watching and analysing the site since he started his advertising campaign.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
yungEX:
rubbish design
That is what i told the guy but he is insisting is the best in Nigeria and he wont refund a penny.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
alabiyemmy:
The site is 9 months old and doing well all i need is review so i can know if the developer did not cheat me as he insisting.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:
Why
I dont mean to spoil anybody's work o but e nor try atall
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Abduletudaye(m): 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
420K?? For what? That's too much... Its a forum and not a bank vault!

If he charged you like 150K or 200K, I would say its not bad... But This guy has apperently slapped you without your knowledge...

Easy oo..
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Khaynet:

I dont mean to spoil anybody's work o but e nor try atall
That is what i want here if you can help me point out some things the guy did wrong so i can really nail him cos i dont even like the way the guy is addressing me on the issue.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:
That is what i want here if you can help me point out some things the guy did wrong so i can really nail him cos i dont even like the way the guy is addressing me on the issue.
d whole site needs restructuring ....... make it very simple.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
GodMode:

Nope... He doesn't... his site is already popular and raking income... I've been watching and analysing the site since he started his advertising campaign.
Thank you very much. some people just like derailing thread on NL all i asked was a review cos few clicks here will not make the site rank high as its currently doing. for traffic i know where to get it not by spamming cos nothing is free even in Free Town.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
Khaynet:

d whole site needs restructuring ....... make it very simple.
Na wa o i really need someone to list out point why the site design does not worth that amount as i was told offline and not a general statement. i thought Nairaland will be better for the review abi the guy pay una?
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by spikesC(m): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
When he gave you a quote, you accepted right?

You guys signed a contract of service right?
When he did a mockup and showed you, did you accept the design?
When he finished the job 9 months ago, did you ask him to redo it?

These are questions to be asked. You don't just go haywire on a signed contract of service because a third party gave you an opinion. The ball has always been in your court. You get to decide whether you make progress or not.

Btw, i charge more than that. It's no biggie.
Stop getting opinion from those who pay 10k for a site. Access your project from your own perspective and business requirements

2 Likes

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by ZinoFego: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lets be open minded here.

1. Do you understand the Nigerian Currency?
2. How long has his design been in your website?
3. Did you approve the design in the first instance?
4. Are there functions that you agreed with him and have not been implemented yet?
5. Is the website delivering results as you agreed with him?
6. Were your offline advisers part of the original financial implication for the design and functionality of the website?

I think I'll be able to advice on the refund aspect based on the answers to the above. I'll also criticize the design afterwards.

Thank you.

illuminatic:
Fellow Nairalanders I was charged N420k by a developer on Nairaland (onyegbu) to re-design our forum www..com because of many unique features he added but people are saying the price is too much and the guy refuse to refund me at least N200k as suggested by people . Please I want you guys to help me review if the design of that site worth that amount so there will be peace.

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by yungEX(m): 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:
That is what i told the guy but he is insisting is the best in Nigeria and he wont refund a penny.
sue d guy jor
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by CreativeWeb2: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
I swear with my life that you have never in ur life paid 420k to anyone.

You just want cheap advert and popularity. Now u have gotten it, can we close this case.

Note: your website is a heap of gabage. It's just crap. And I cant visit it ever again. It's not even responsive. Nairaland till someone come up with something sleek, awesome and professional.

Guy, ur forum is a huge joke. Re-strategize. Goodluck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by IamGodzilla: 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
spikesC:
When he gave you a quote, you accepted right?

You guys signed a contract of service right?
When he did a mockup and showed you, did you accept the design?
When he finished the job 9 months ago, did you ask him to redo it?

These are questions to be asked. You don't just go haywire on a signed contract of service because a third party gave you an opinion. The ball has always been in your court. You get to decide whether you make progress or not.

Btw, i charge more than that. It's no biggie.
Stop getting opinion from those who pay 10k for a site. Access your project from your own perspective and business requirements
He saw the site and said the site does not make sense that he can do better so he gave a price and I paid half and later he requested i should pay all to enable him complete the job but after completion i am still in doubt if that is what i paid for because i wanted a site everyone will open and shout Wa Oh.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:
He saw the site and said the site does not make sense that he can do better so he gave a price and I paid half and later he requested i should pay all to enable him complete the job but after completion i am still in doubt if that is what i paid for because i wanted a site everyone will open and shout Wa Oh.
am getting confused now maybe ur telling the truth because this looks like an obvious. big lie.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
ZinoFego:
Lets be open minded here.

1. Do you understand the Nigerian Currency?
2. How long has his design been in your website?
3. Did you approve the design in the first instance?
4. Are there functions that you agreed with him and have not been implemented yet?
5. Is the website delivering results as you agreed with him?
6. Were your offline advisers part of the original financial implication for the design and functionality of the website?

I think I'll be able to advice on the refund aspect based on the answers to the above. I'll also criticize the design afterwards.

Thank you.

1. yes
2. a month
3. I told him I needed chat feature he said no problem but after adding the chat if someone is typing in the other end the second person will not know he is typing and I called him that the chat is not working like modern chat platform and he asked me if he is a facebook developer that will developed a chat that stands out like that of facebook and that is when the quarrel started till date.
4. not loading fast yet on mobile as agreed.
5. No but they told me paying sch amount in Nigeria will give you a site better than that.

Thank you for taking your time to come in.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
CreativeWeb2:
I swear with my life that you have never in ur life paid 420k to anyone.

You just want cheap advert and popularity. Now u have gotten it, can we close this case.

Note: your website is a heap of gabage. It's just crap. And I cant visit it ever again. It's not even responsive. Nairaland till someone come up with something sleek, awesome and professional.

Guy, ur forum is a huge joke. Re-strategize. Goodluck.
Guy park well. 50 - 20 clicks here cannot give my site traffic go and check how am promoting the site before you come here and say rubishh. all i need is review so i can tackle my case well and since you do not have anything reasonable to say is better to leave the thread.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by illuminatic: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
IamGodzilla:
Paid money or not, the design is not cool. And if you need a better design! Check my signature.
Or rather 'beg' the person u paid money to, to redesign it.
The first time i posted here that i need a developer my e-mail was filled up with people like you and at the end of the day none of them can do what i have in mind, i lost those funds.Drop your previous jobs here and tell me how you can redesign the site to stand out and i can still pay you. Its not good to waste money but if anyone can drop a better suggestion here and build something better and show me I can still pay provided the site stands out in design and functions. I no longer need i can do it without prove.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by CreativeWeb2: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ur review came late. At this age and in this century, you dont know how to get what you want. Sorry.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:

1. yes
2. a month
3. I told him I needed chat feature he said no problem but after adding the chat if someone is typing in the other end the second person will not know he is typing and I called him that the chat is not working like modern chat platform and he asked me if he is a facebook developer that will developed a chat that stands out like that of facebook and that is when the quarrel started till date.
4. not loading fast yet on mobile as agreed.
5. No but they told me paying sch amount in Nigeria will give you a site better than that.

Thank you for taking your time to come in.

can users receive and send private messages
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dheaven: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
GodMode:

can users receive and send private messages
yes
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by IamGodzilla: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by GodMode: 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
illuminatic:
The first time i posted here that i need a developer my e-mail was filled up with people like you and at the end of the day none of them can do what i have in mind, i lost those funds.Drop your previous jobs here and tell me how you can redesign the site to stand out and i can still pay you. Its not good to waste money but if anyone can drop a better suggestion here and build something better and show me I can still pay provided the site stands out in design and functions. I no longer need i can do it without prove.

Honestly... U paid too much... The highest you should pay a web designer should not exceed 50K - 100K.

For now.. Don't give too much attention to the design as long as users aren't complaining.

Visualise how u want d site to look then draw it on paper...

Since users can PM each other.. U have no problem with d messaging... Stop looking for problems your site doesn't have.
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by spikesC(m): 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
GodMode:

Honestly... U paid too much... The highest you should pay a web designer should not exceed 50K - 100K.

For now.. Don't give too much attention to the design as long as users aren't complaining.

Visualise how u want d site to look then draw it on paper...

Since users can PM each other.. U have no problem with d messaging... Stop looking for problems your site doesn't have.

I don't blame you sha
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by IamGodzilla: 12:29am On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Does The Design Of This Website Worth N420, 000? (please Review) by dweb: 2:26am On Nov 03, 2014
The website looks ok, you are not cheated as long as all the features he promised is there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Obtain Interswitch Webpay / 6 Ways To Build A Valuable Blog Without Stress / Creative Website/apps Development Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.