Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? (68817 Views)

Kogi State Government Banned Female Teachers From Wearing Trousers To School / 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa / English Teachers Are Desperately Needed In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by lalasticlala(m): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
In my primary school days, I was taught by female teachers all through; but in secondary school, 85% of my teachers were females; while at the university, 100% of my lecturers were male.

I think female teachers are better teachers than their male counterpart because they are more tolerant when dealing with students.

Although some few female teachers could be very strict but in all they are better.

So who do you think makes a better teacher: male or female?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by briantext(m): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2014

Male teachers are better

FTC twice in a row

3 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by nzeaji(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female teachers are better. Male teacher de too flog. angry grin

Choi, front page tins. I finally made it today. grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
Depends

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by montestic(m): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Teachers are those that influence a student's life the most after their own parents. It is very difficult to measure teaching and impossible to judge the quality of teaching based on gender. A male or a female teacher can be equally good. The gender has nothing to do with teaching. Asking who is better between a male and female teacher is like asking who is a better parent amongst mother and father?
A teacher can be judged based on the following factors:

-Knowledge and Understanding of the subject.
-Ability to explain stuff to novices in the simplest of languages.
-Ability to resolve any doubts/queries of students.
-Being able to guide and mentor the students in suitable ways.
-Understanding of the psychology of children.

There are many other factors as well, but none of them is gender. A male teacher as well as a female teacher is able to fulfill all of the above requirements to be a very good teacher. So, both are equal and can guide several students to a bright future.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by manutdadex(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
women av high level tolerance! They take time to explain tins and because most kids are closer to their mother at home tends to help in listening and bonding btw teacher n female student. For me female teachers are better teachers especially one cute girl teachin me csc 102( crush). Its a pity i wont b seeing her again

5 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
I think female teachers are good when handling nursery, primary and junior secondary school pupils where tolerance is mostly the key.

I was taught by only female teachers in school, not until I left Basic six.

In my junior secondary school days, I was having approximately 85% of female and 15% of male teachers, while table turned around in my Senior secondary class.

Only my Yoruba and English language teachers were female sha. The female English teacher didn't last uptil S.S3 and a male took over from her.

So, IHMO Male teachers have an upper hand in handling matured students and vice versa.

9 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
I've been taught by both male and female teachers, From time immemorial, Men have always been better teachers, there are good female teachers though, but Most students will always prefer the female teachers/lecturers because they're more tolerant, understanding and tend to have that motherly attributes; but when it comes to the aspect of impacting the knowledge and bringing the best out of students male teachers/lecturers take the lead.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Yustash001(m): 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
To me....male teachers are good in some aspects as well as female teachers.....male teachers are good in praticals while female teachers are good in theory aspect....
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by lalasticlala(m): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
SeverusSnape:
I've been taught by both male and female teachers, From time immemorial, Men have always been better teachers, there are good female teachers though, but Most students will always prefer the female teachers/lecturers because they're more tolerant, understanding and tend to have that motherly attributes; but when it comes to the aspect of impacting the knowledge and bringing the best out of students male teachers/lecturers take the lead.
Am with u on this

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
lalasticlala:
Am with u on this
Okay Boss
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by herald9: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Both males and females are good teachers...It's just that female teachers tends to be more patient with her pupils/students ...

The pupils/students feel safe to ask questions were a particular lesson is not understood without fear of being punished...

The males who are more energetic and strict seems to use influence to drive home their points....

I'd prefer a female teacher any time any day.

3 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by herald9: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Did I just see SeverusSnapes?
cheesy

The one and only Potions master of Hogwarts..

Don't mind me...am such a huge fan of Harry Potter.

7 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by jejemanito: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Male teachers
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by stonemind(f): 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
d
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by iceberylin(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Had this male teacher that 1/2 of his usual 40mins to woo my classmate called Timi,tge babe fine sha...then used the remaining 20 to solve few maths...

Had this female teacher that her phone dosnt stop buzzing, from beginning till end of class embarassed
Which one better undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by QMark: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Better where?
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by joedejana(m): 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female Chinese teachers kept on calling me to their offices for somethings I can't disclose here lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by passionate88: 9:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
During my primary education, all my teachers were female, my primary 3 teacher was a "WITCH", my primary 5 and 6 teachers were ANGELS .... During my secondary education, our maths teacher was a man, he was a DEVIL, our Intro. Tech teacher, a female was an ANGEL, SAME WITH OUR ENGLISH, SOcial stuDieS and FrEnCH...
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by jjwaterfalls(f): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
I wnt be surprised if d males said female teachers and d females said male teachers. Its a transgender issue.
As for me, I prefer malE whether as teachers, classmate, grp members, colleague, or evn best frnd sef. Talking 4rm xperience undecided

2 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by danaiks(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female teachers too dey distract with dos two oranges in front... grin

4 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by richardjemedafe1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hjuygf[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by mifavour(f): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
during my sec school days. our male teachers were way too better than d female. same thing goes in d university. my opinion tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female grin
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by olayincar(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Yes female teacher are more better in Nursery

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by bastien: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Boyz learn fast wit female teachers

Girlz dey learn fast with male teachers

Reason
To impress them (if dem dey crush on dem)

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by PROCTOR: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Firstly...teaching is a profession that everyone thinks he or she can do better than the expert.but teaching requires a special talented peron and someone who has a sense of vocation for it to be done well so id say both
for beginners,i 'd prefer female teachers due to their rather soft and mild approach.And also you need to make them have interest from the scratch
after the primary level a mixure of them wd be beta but id prefer male taking those rada difficult courses like physics maths and d likes
cos secondary education has gone beyond learning to amuse yourself,it has become a period to learn in oda to live
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Its females ooo. Female teachers are caring, they are like school mothers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Its not a Gender thing,
Females are much better when it comes to handling kindergarten and primary school kids though
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by pweetixandy: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female teachers are horrible when its that time of the month..but male teachers are baaaaad everyday. Male teachers are never content with the teaching job and so put very little effort into it. Soooo..female teachers all d way!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students / Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / How Can One Get Original NECO Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.