Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married (598 Views)

Why Do Men Give Women Wedding Ring? / ‘I Am A White American That Married A Nigerian.’ – Crystal Owonubi / What Is Osu And How Do I Know One When I See Him/her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married by Tobetoe(m): 12:11am On Nov 03, 2014
Apart from being close or knowing someone,how can an ordinary man know one that is married. Guys at this swager age can be so naive ,its not their fault anyway.cos its said that what's sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander. I have come to realise that unless one wears a ring on that acclaimed amen finger he or she is nt yet married,and i must believed that tradition arrived with the advent of civilisation,and so sometimes i ask my self,befor that how were married person(s) recognised... I seriously want to know.. Also why would a couple pronunced husband $ wife on friday traditionaly still have to do a white wedding on saturday where upon that piece of metal would be placed on both fingers... Why spend so much just to marry and after that you both would pretend to be one, as for me i give a damn passing those two procedures, i would just go straight to the alter of God and consumate it all,and leave the traditional ways for the gods.. Anyway that aint on my mind for now,maybe the next 15yrs... An incident happened one day, my frns and i(we were three in numner) were returning frm sch in a taxi ,and one of my frnds saw this younglady walkinq towards the bus stop,he never knew she is married ,as we alighted he made a bold step towards her ,nearly touched her when my other frnd drew him and whisper to him 'look at her finger ,she's married'.. And the guy was like dis younglady married,she' too young na and i was surprised too....
Nairalanders, is there any other ways to know frm afar that one is married.............. Ur views
Re: Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married by Chanchit: 2:33am On Nov 03, 2014
Very simple, when she looks old.
Re: Apart From The 'ring' How Else Can A Lay Man Know One That's Married by tpia6: 4:59am On Nov 03, 2014
ask them if they are married.

(1) (Reply)

What If!! / Cargo Cults / Society Gone Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.