Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Case With CakeEmpress - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Case With CakeEmpress (6147 Views)

Is My Case Different? / Please Judge This Case With Equity And Fairnes, Who Is To Quit His Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
schendy:
This is just so wrong! And she even replaced two tiers with seperators or was that how you agreed it should be?

The original cake was 6, we wanted 4, she talked about using seperators that imitate/look like the cake itself NOT floaters with pin ups angry

The decorator had t call d next day t ask who made d cake..she felt embarrassed herself.

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by breathless(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
OP, sorry for the embarrassment on a day meant to so special.

Not only has empress lost future customers, she has a whole lot of bad publicity to deal with now and beyond.

When my spouse is chunning out great jobs like this, someone is throwing away opportunity to sell her skills in a competitive market.

2 Likes

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by damiso(f): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
rebella:

Name? No thank you, na name I go chop. I heard BM pro charges around 1 mill for make up. I rather go to youtube and watch make up videos than spend that amount on just make up.
I was a BM for a friend and the make up artiste said 20k for each of the BM's. I just vexed and did my make up myself. Something that will wash off before the end of the day and clog my pores

Na so I hear o....if na destination wedding some even get their tickets paid for aside their fees..
Girls are making money o grin
There was a post on one of these wedding blogs on how much bridal make up should be come and see tearing grin from the makeup artists to those who think the prices are outrageous was so funny.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by ibizgirl(f): 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
The person standing beside the cake is a white woman, abi your wife na oyinbo?

breathless:

Not only has empress lost future customers, she has a whole lot of bad publicity to deal with now and beyond.

When my spouse is chunning out great jobs like this, someone is throwing away opportunity to sell her skills in a competitive market.

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by bece: 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
ibizgirl:
The person standing beside the cake is a white woman, abi your wife na oyinbo?

That is how they will be claiming other people's work. To do the cake dem go turn to cake empress grin

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by rebella(f): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
damiso:

Na so I hear o....if na destination wedding some even get their tickets paid for aside their fees..
Girls are making money o grin
There was a post on one of these wedding blogs on how much bridal make up should be come and see tearing grin from the makeup artists to those who think the prices are outrageous was so funny.
Whaat?! You mean free mini vacay included, I need to change jobs
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
What a difference!

Op, pls do the needful. She might end up doing this to another person .
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by damiso(f): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
rebella:

Whaat?! You mean free mini vacay included, I need to change jobs

I don think am sef grin but the market is getting oversaturated
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by rebella(f): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
damiso:

I don think am sef grin but the market is getting oversaturated
Lol, it is oh. I think is just about offering good quality at a good price now. A friend that just entered the wedding business as an event planner gave me a bill of 400k for her total package, initially she said 1 mill as per standard non friend.
Come to think of it, these people are calling millions like its 5 naira
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by breathless(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
bece:
That is how they will be claiming other people'work. To do the cake dem go turn to cake empress grin

Sorry. We don't "plagiarize" other peoples work.

@ibizgirl. My spouse is not white. Proudly Nigerian.

Other works for original works

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by breathless(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is my kid sister's wedding cake made in Lagos, delivered and presented in Benin-City.

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by ibizgirl(f): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sorry to rain on your parade bro, but truth be told the quality of the 1st cake you presented and your sister's cake are not in the same class.

breathless:
This is my kid sister's wedding cake made in Lagos, delivered and presented in Benin-City.

6 Likes

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by ladygogo: 12:34am On Nov 04, 2014
breathless:

The cake in the picture isnt your spouse's.

3 Likes

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by ladygogo: 12:43am On Nov 04, 2014
@dbard . pele o.

Dont get me started on event vendors in Naija.

Na so so million dem go dey call.

@aisha Banke meshida charges like 800k now? My goodness! Ridamnculous! What are they painting? Maybe cos i'm a MUA sha.

Even celeb MUA here wont charge that much for a wedding.

Do you know about the lady in Abuja called mamza beauty? I heard she isnt that expensive and charges like 60k per day(even that amount sef plenty) grin

na wa o.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 2:25am On Nov 04, 2014
ladygogo:
@dbard . pele o.

Dont get me started on event vendors in Naija.

Na so so million dem go dey call.

@aisha Banke meshida charges like 800k now? My goodness! Ridamnculous! What are they painting? Maybe cos i'm a MUA sha.

Even celeb MUA here wont charge that much for a wedding.

Do you know about the lady in Abuja called mamza beauty? I heard she isnt that expensive and charges like 60k per day(even that amount sef plenty) grin

na wa o.

Wow.. Some of d amounts am hearing here are ridiculous.
Isn't there a regulatory body f stuffs like did
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by ibizgirl(f): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2014
When vendors charge and people think they are too expensive but truth is they have spent so much on training to be as good as they are, they have also probably made their mistakes and they have built a solid client base. If the person is too expensive, go for a cheaper vendor. Shikena
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by Airpure(f): 11:27am On Nov 04, 2014
breathless:

Sorry. We don't "plagiarize" other peoples work.

@ibizgirl. My spouse is not white. Proudly Nigerian.

Other works for original works

Hmmmmm Sir, the quality of the first cake you put up is different from these ohhh. Who can we trust.

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by Airpure(f): 11:29am On Nov 04, 2014
Meanwhile OP report her at http://www.reportam.com.ng/

its a blog for reporting bad or good service. They were on CharlesB few days ago
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by Airpure(f): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2014
breathless:

OP no offence but this cake is making my eyes hurt. the colours dont seem right.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Airpure:
Meanwhile OP report her at http://www.reportam.com.ng/

its a blog for reporting bad or good service. They were on CharlesB few days ago

Thanks..I just did.
Am grateful.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
aisha2:
It can be a jungle out there. They spend so much time and money on packaging while ignoring to do the right thing and they get away with it because we always " leave it to God" even God gave the israelites judges when he became tired of settling their cases.

When i go and see all your razzmatazz, i hardly get carried away, husband says am too tough but being tough and thorough has saved us loads of money, energy and time.

Immediately i notice you are reluctant to sign a contract no matter how good you are, i carry my money and leave.

I always put a clause where late delivery will mean forfeiting your balance and it works like magic

Lol @ 4 million naira wedding cake. Come to abuja and see them acting like arses once they get a small government contract government wey no dey pay. One vendor didnt even bother seeing me she asked me to meet her PA, ah them call taya
Stupid arrogant arses

I love or approach, and am going to adopt it in all future transactions above a certain amount.
Really tired of d typical Nigerian irresponsible attitude to work n services proffered.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by favoredgal: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2014
dBard:

Ppl inviting ppl is wat happened..
Got to d reception venue n was like shocked shocked
The venue had abt 650 chairs n dey were all filled.. Guests had t stand outside grin

Sorry, I can't forget cake..wouldn't bother normally but u just won't understand how it feels..n t add insult t injury, she didn't even have d decency t get someone t represent her well..turns out he was one of her drivers.
Her attitude is just maddening.

Why do people call the cake baker to talk about how the ingredient she used is love, peace, joy, etc

I think it's unnecessary. The cake bakers role should be limited to setting up and serving that day. No one should even see her

That said, the cake was really bad sha...like really bad... My wedding I went with cakes and creams to be on the safer side

The most creative cakes Iv seen in my life is by one terry adido links here http://www.gratednutmeg.com/?author=1

Like dude needs to move back to Nigeria and cash in on this talent

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2014
A lot of Nigerian bakers cant bake . . .period.
Its not their fault; they go for a 2 week crash training course and that is it . . .they are left to unleash their "works" to the public

Even some of the so called big names dish out rubbish, that even I as a home baker cannot even present to my friends and family.

Ive seen some advertisiers on here showcase lopsided and untidy cakes. its like they dont have rulers or eye judgement.

dbard, I am really sorry about what happened and I sincerely cant blame you for not checking properly. Even if you did, they will send you pictures of other peoples cakes or lifted from magazines and you wouldnt have known.

All they know is effizy but cant delivier jack. One made me fill a long form. Its in Nigeria that I discovered that you can choose how sweet your cake will be; very sweet, normal, not too sweet . . . shocked For goodness sakes, a sponge cake is a sponge cake with the same recipie.
After filling the 2 page form she still didnt put the buttercream and jam in the middle as requested, then went on to blame me for not writing my requirments again at the bottom of the form.

I know its painful, but please dont let it upset you. You are starting a wonderful new phase of your life with your wife and dont let anything cloud that. You have done the right thing by bringing this to the public domain so that people who see this will think twice before doing business with her. If only you saw what my weddigng photographer did shocked shocked grin We laugh about it now. . . and one day you and your wife will laugh about this monstrous cake.

Personaly I dont know how people sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
chaircover:
A lot of Nigerian bakers cant bake . . .period.
Its not their fault; they go for a 2 week crash training course and that is it . . .they are left to unleash their "works" to the public

Even some of the so called big names dish out rubbish, that even I as a home baker cannot even present to my friends and family.

Ive seen some advertisiers on here showcase lopsided and untidy cakes. its like they dont have rulers or eye judgement.

dbard, I am really sorry about what happened and I sincerely cant blame you for not checking properly. Even if you did, they will send you pictures of other peoples cakes or lifted from magazines and you wouldnt have known.

All they know is effizy but cant delivier jack. One made me fill a long form. Its in Nigeria that I discovered that you can choose how sweet your cake will be; very sweet, normal, not too sweet . . . shocked For goodness sakes, a sponge cake is a sponge cake with the same recipie.
After filling the 2 page form she still didnt put the buttercream and jam in the middle as requested, then went on to blame me for not writing my requirments again at the bottom of the form.

I know its painful, but please dont let it upset you. You are starting a wonderful new phase of your life with your wife and dont let anything cloud that. You have done the right thing by bringing this to the public domain so that people who see this will think twice before doing business with her. If only you saw what my weddigng photographer did shocked shocked grin We laugh about it now. . . and one day you and your wife will laugh about this monstrous cake.

Personaly I dont know how people sleep at night.

Thanks madam chaircover.
Honestly, initially I was pissed enuff to want t take legal action but I guess time heals all wounds.
Still annoying that she couldn't even offer an apology after all.
It's all good tho..

Sent y'all an invite but...... cry cry cry sad
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
favoredgal:

Why do people call the cake baker to talk about how the ingredient she used is love, peace, joy, etc

I think it's unnecessary. The cake bakers role should be limited to setting up and serving that day. No one should even see her

That said, the cake was really bad sha...like really bad... Wtf... Why not go with cakes and creams to be on the safer side

The most creative cakes Iv seen in my life is by one terry adido links here http://www.gratednutmeg.com/?author=1

Like dude needs to move back to Nigeria and cash in on this talent

Maybe... If he's that good n efficient.
Too late now tho grin
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by iyaakanran: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
@op,u were even lucky that people could eat the cake,the worst happened to me on my wedding day,the cake had melted and was giving one bad odour that we had to pack all the four steps into dustbin.she apologised but my spirit has not forgiven her because she made me cry.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dacoolvik: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
So sorry. Its unfortunate but I know someone who works with her and I am surprised at this cake. I have seen a lot of her jobs and I know that she can do better than this.

No one is above mistake but out attitude towards it matters a lot. She should have at least apologized and shown some remorse. This kind of thing can be so painful especially when you cannot undo what has been done. I guess we should all be careful.
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by veave(f): 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmmn. Sorry oh. Op.
Happened to my cousin too.
Yours is even fine.
If you see this cake eh? You will cry for help. We were so embarassed? Another cousin couldnt stomach the embarassment. She gave the woman a well deserved hot slap. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by beeevan: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chai!! Sorry dbard, this is painful . The cake is damn Ugly!
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by dBard: 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
beeevan:
Chai!! Sorry dbard, this is painful . The cake is damn Ugly!

cry cry cry embarassed
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by beeevan: 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
dBard:

cry cry cry embarassed

grin no too vex bros
Re: My Case With CakeEmpress by cococandy(f): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
aisha2:

As real as a heart attack. They brought me one make up artist that she did somebody's daughters own, next thing she was charging 800k i asked if it was make up for the rest of my life or for just that wedding day and if the make up will wash off or will be tattoed to my fave forever.

Another one was a djay he said 950, i said 950 naira he said no nine hundred and fifty thousand i said if you ever call my number again epilepsy and withlow will catch you
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Live In Ikorodu? / I Have Made Up My Mind For A Divorce. My Wife Don't Value Me. / 40 Reasons Why You Should Marry A Nigerian Man As a Nigerian woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.