Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Let's Talk About Love. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Love. (45511 Views)

What About Love In The Quran? / I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome / Let's Talk About Sex (by Pastor E. A. Adeboye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
alentyno:

Avoiding my question? grin
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by 12345DKO(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
LOVE IS NOT EMOTION BUT A DECISION TO MEET THE NEED OF ANOTHER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITHOUT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN.
LOVE IS CARING- ANTICIPATING THE NEED OF ANOTHER AND MEETING IT
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Sunshinelady(f): 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
plaetton:

What I am trying to say is that when when atomic particle, for example charges, or excites another particle to it's own resonate frequency, they establish a harmony that I think is the subatomic equivalence of love, resonating in the same frequency.

The Earth, for example, has a harmonic frequency through which it bestows and sustains life among her children. Therefore, I t would be safe to say that the Earth communicates and spreads love to her children through harmonic resonance.

When we do same, we feel the harmonic resonance as an emotion that we call love.

Again, my 2 cents.
. Ha! This one's weird. U sound like an atheist, are u one?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
alentyno:

Avoiding my question? grin
i've answered
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Misogynist2014(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kay17:

Do you think such definition is whole and satisfactory?
Emotions are involuntary but you cultivate love. E.g. Muhammad said, force them into Islam, the believe will come later. If you put all you have on a woman you don't love, the love will surely come.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Sunshinelady(f): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

That is a different case. The world doesn't claim to love people unconditionally, Yes they should be killed If they are threat,how does that apply to God?

Are sinners threat to God?

Are sinners threats to God?

Think! Don't leave your brain idle.
. Y are u so bothered about wat happens to sinners? Is it because u hav plans of remainin a sinner till death? All d energy u r puttin into tinkin all dese deep nonsen.se wey no concern u, use it & repent, giv ur life to Christ, its only God dat can save u, whether u believe it or not. Repent, be a living example, den u ll make heaven straight, & u won't nid to be bothered about d fate of d wicked who are adamant & refuse to change their ways till death

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Sunshinelady(f): 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Hahahahahahaha is that the best reply you can give me?

I think you are the one who needs to understand that this So called Yahweh is Nothing But a very strong MYTH

Let me help you out of ur delusion further.

Have you ever thought about your pagan grand parents who don't believe in Jesus, Where do you think they are? If your beliefs are true then all your ancestors are burning in hell!!!!! Why? Because they didn't believe in Jesus, will you Happy to see them burn in hell while you are in heaven having fun with Yahweh?

Does that make any sense to you? cheesy

It doesn't take over-sabi to be an atheist, it takes common sense and studying the Bible with an open mind to be an atheist.
. U don't hav common sense, u have uncommon stu.pidity, am sori. Who told u all dose who didn't know Jesus will burn in hell? So u r tryin to say Abraham, David, Moses, Elijah etc all dose who pleased God b4 d tyme of Jesus will go to hell? I just pray God delivers u, I rilly pray. U tink u r wise, & all dose who beliv in God are foolish huh? Smh. Thins of God can't be explained logically, so crack ur brain all u want u ll only be landing urself in more ignorance. Open ur self to God, its only Him dat can giv u divine revelation & explanation, if only u ll let Him.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Misogynist2014(m): 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sunshinelady:
. Ha! This one's weird. U sound like an atheist, are u one?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You neva see anything.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by talima(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mclick:
One could love a thing or a person. when one professes to love what you natural like or derives pleasure in, it may not be all true love, but when you love a thing or someone you have reason not to want to love, that's true love. There are always some reason attached to professed love; benefits, looks, and or beauty, personality, race and lineage some times out of selfishness. In most cases, a person or even animals you truely love will love you back in short and or long run as they will feel it, if its real true. For example God loves us his children differently. There are those who seem to have more access to God, his presence, power and authority because they have paid the sacrifice to be closer to him and so be reverence them for that. Therefore, Love some times is returns of a measure. So if I love a person who appreciate it, there are tendencies I will love more. In the other way however, I may still love but not more
God's love cannot be equate with man kind of love. God's love is unconditional. He is not a partial God. God loves us tha 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for u' he did die because we were close to Him or reciprocate. So not compare man's love with God' love.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by finditng: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
I know love and yeah cancer too.....its been basterdized believe me....
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by bollify(m): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

I have made up my mind to stop arguing about all these religion issues,it leads no Where. But take a look at this man,and tell me What you think about him. Be right back with the story.

How would you describe a man that sits you down with very hot fire he created beside him,telling you: you know What? You see Dat fire over there? I created it,and It's very hot,But I don't wish you to go into the fire because I love you,But I still created the fire. Here is the deal,I know I gave u ur freewill But I don't want u to do ur will But mine. I want u to love me and do everything I say So I can be happy,But just incase you don't want to do my will,that fire over there is waiting to receive you(smiles) ,I am not forcing you to do my will ooo and I am not interfering with ur will at all ooo But I created that fire over there to torture you If u don't do my will,you see that i am not interferring at all,But I am not forcing u ooooo yet I created a very hot fire to BURN you for eternity,you see that I am not forcing you,don't think that fire is a threat against your will,see that fire as my anger for u not obeying my will because I love u and I love u enough to see you burn for eternity. Tell me who do you know loves as much as I do? Who else is as caring as to see his children burn in hell for eternity as me? You see that I am the Most caring? THAT'S my boy. Now the decision is yours, love me or burn in hell for eternity,Which one do you choose?

Normally, I don't comment on topic like this. I gues rules are broken sometimes to suite a situation. On the issue of hell, yes it was created, originally not for human but for the devil. Satan, knowing fully well that God won't go back on his word decided not to go down alone. The bible made us understand that he did not only decided to make humans member of his cabinet in hell, but also included some angels. Hence, he continually play his tricks on human minds and turn them against their creator, making them do dreadful things and wipe out the original plans of God for creating them. The most painful part of this to God is that human were actually being used to make other humans live life uncomfortably, that is why God through the very few among human who listen to him rather than satan decided to guide humanity with his laws. All these laws where actually made out of his love for humans. You will see that all the laws of God was to guide and protect humanity generally, don't steal, don't kill, don't lie against one another etc where made to protect mankind from those that the devil has used his wisdom to deciv into making life difficult for others. Thank you so much
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sunshinelady:
. U don't hav common sense, u have uncommon stu.pidity, am sori. Who told u all dose who didn't know Jesus will burn in hell? So u r tryin to say Abraham, David, Moses, Elijah etc all dose who pleased God b4 d tyme of Jesus will go to hell? I just pray God delivers u, I rilly pray. U tink u r wise, & all dose who beliv in God are foolish huh? Smh. Thins of God can't be explained logically, so crack ur brain all u want u ll only be landing urself in more ignorance. Open ur self to God, its only Him dat can giv u divine revelation & explanation, if only u ll let Him.

What you just said now should make you reflect about the Bible you carry everywhere.

Jesus said in the Bible "NO ONE comes to the father except Through me".

So how did Moses,Abraham,Elijah David make heaven before Jesus ever came around?

All What you said is only in support of What I have been saying: the Bible is full of contradictions and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Use that brain of yours don't let the Bible tie you down mentally,It's nauseating When you can't see an obvious contradiction starring at you in the eyes.

Tell me how Moses Elijah David Abraham made heaven without Jesus and Jesus said no one comes to the father except Through me.

Let me give my answer.

because dose who wrote the Bible know how gullible people like you would still believe NONSENSE, no matter What. People always want something to believe even If It's wrong.

Oh well. It's ur life.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sunshinelady:
. Y are u so bothered about wat happens to sinners? Is it because u hav plans of remainin a sinner till death? All d energy u r puttin into tinkin all dese deep nonsen.se wey no concern u, use it & repent, giv ur life to Christ, its only God dat can save u, whether u believe it or not. Repent, be a living example, den u ll make heaven straight, & u won't nid to be bothered about d fate of d wicked who are adamant & refuse to change their ways till death

Ohhh Please shut up. I don't give a damn What scares you.

An intelligent man doesn't need the fear of hell to live a good life. It's silly people like you that need to be threatened with hell before living good lifes.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
bollify:

Normally, I don't comment on topic like this. I gues rules are broken sometimes to suite a situation. On the issue of hell, yes it was created, originally not for human but for the devil. Satan, knowing fully well that God won't go back on his word decided not to go down alone. The bible made us understand that he did not only decided to make humans member of his cabinet in hell, but also included some angels. Hence, he continually play his tricks on human minds and turn them against their creator, making them do dreadful things and wipe out the original plans of God for creating them. The most painful part of this to God is that human were actually being used to make other humans live life uncomfortably, that is why God through the very few among human who listen to him rather than satan decided to guide humanity with his laws. All these laws where actually made out of his love for humans. You will see that all the laws of God was to guide and protect humanity generally, don't steal, don't kill, don't lie against one another etc where made to protect mankind from those that the devil has used his wisdom to deciv into making life difficult for others. Thank you so much

I respect your belief. Good for you. Whatever rocks your boat. cool
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

What you just said now should make you reflect about the Bible you carry everywhere.

Jesus said in the Bible "NO ONE comes to the father except Through me".

So how did Moses,Abraham,Elijah David make heaven before Jesus ever came around?

All What you said is only in support of What I have been saying: the Bible is full of contradictions and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Use that brain of yours don't let the Bible tie you down mentally,It's nauseating When you can't see an obvious contradiction starring at you in the eyes.

Tell me how Moses Elijah David Abraham made heaven without Jesus and Jesus said no one comes to the father except Through me.

Let me give my answer.

because dose who wrote the Bible know how gullible people like you would still believe NONSENSE, no matter What. People always want something to believe even If It's wrong.

Oh well. It's ur life.

JOHN1V1 In the begining was the word... HE WAS EVEN B4 ABRAHAM MOSES AND ALL.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by sleekyjay(m): 10:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
alexis007:
are you blind?that post was copied word-for-word from Wiki...she even said so herself

if people can jus mind their businesses and leave questions for the people it was directed to. This world would be a better place.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sunshinelady:

What will God save me from? Who told you heaven exist?

Is it because I have plans to remain a sinner?

Hahahaha I always laugh When Christians make such ridiculous statement.

If you want me to answer that question, answer this one:

Will armed robbers stop believing in policemen existence So that they can rob well?

Will prostitutes stop believing in HIV aids So that they can fornicate well?

Will pilots stop believing in empty fuel tanks So that they can fly their planes on empty fuel Thanks?

Will I stop believing in God So that I can continue to sin?

Can you see how ridiculous your question is?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by jearile(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kay17:

but would you say Agape is equal to Philia? if not what makes them both "love"?
These are just nomenclatures... But on a lighter note, without Agape (Divine) there's no Philia (brotherly affection). That's why a man out of greed and frustration would think of using family members or neighbours for money rituals.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
excellence44:

JOHN1V1 In the begining was the word... HE WAS EVEN B4 ABRAHAM MOSES AND ALL.

So both the Bible and Jesus are the word of God.

What other nonsense do you belief?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
pazienza:

Where is the love in the God that destroyed the Amelakites, riping foetus from their pregnant mothers, the God that plans to torment people in hell fire for eternity with no option for forgiveness?

Is that all you know about God?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by AdeniyiA(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
Lying 2 Ourselves @ Virtually Everytime. L O V E
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by alexis007(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
sleekyjay:

if people can jus mind their businesses and leave questions for the people it was directed to. This world would be a better place.
and if some guys can stop sniffing a lady's anus as though they are hor.ny salah rams......do you ever ask yourself....what if this girl i want to date online is an slowpoke that salivates across the corners of her mouth?what if she's a double amputee?what if she has an ugly deformity i don't know about yet?...Boys sheepishly following anything under skirt since 1000 b.c.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2014
jearile:

These are just nomenclatures... But on a lighter note, without Agape (Divine) there's no Philia (brotherly affection). That's why a man out of greed and frustration would think of using family members or neighbours for money rituals.

You didn't say what made the two similar and under the umbrella LOVE
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by jearile(m): 5:53am On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by jearile(m): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2014
Kay17:

You didn't say what made the two similar and under the umbrella LOVE
Agape is God to man, man to God which is initiated based on faith while Philia is man to man... The similarity is in the fruits they produce - care, forgiveness, patience, obedience etc and judging by that they proclaim the very nature of God which is summarised in one word - LOVE.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by endeedike(m): 8:08am On Nov 07, 2014
this thing called LOVE has killed many men.......
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Mclick(m): 8:14am On Nov 07, 2014
talima:
God's love cannot be equate with man kind of love. God's love is unconditional. He is not a partial God. God loves us tha 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for u' he did die because we were close to Him or reciprocate. So not compare man's love with God' love.
Yea, I get what you mean my brother. In the broader sense of it whoever, my analogies is trying to say love could be in different levels and much more of it could be gain through access of it. God loves us all no doubt, some are more favoured. This is how, some people are closer to him therefore, they enjoy more of his love. The reason why it seem or some are actually more loved or favoured as I said is, because of the closeness to God they hear often, thereby know him more and if they determined to work is his ways, definitely they will enjoy more of his love. So with God, you can actually gain access to much more love. I hope you do understand what I mean now. Note that to be closer to him is by choice and determination
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Sunshinelady(f): 8:48am On Nov 07, 2014
plaetton:

It's the weed, a special blend of weed.
wink
. Lol
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2014
jearile:

Agape is God to man, man to God which is initiated based on faith while Philia is man to man... The similarity is in the fruits they produce - care, forgiveness, patience, obedience etc and judging by that they proclaim the very nature of God which is summarised in one word - LOVE.

But the fruits of tolerance and coexistence is "care, forgiveness, patience, obedience etc", but tolerance is not the same with love. So if we mix up the results/actions for the subjects, we will not get the correct picture of it.

So again, I ask what is the similarity between agape and philia?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by jearile(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2014
Kay17:

But the fruits of tolerance and coexistence is "care, forgiveness, patience, obedience etc", but tolerance is not the same with love. So if we mix up the results/actions for the subjects, we will not get the correct picture of it.

So again, I ask what is the similarity between agape and philia?
Obviously, it'd be futile trying to wet a dry stone... Have made my point, and asking me to repeat again and again what I think I've done justice to would be unnecessary - got more pressing issues to attend to.
Notwithstanding, it'd do me no harm to know what you think is "Agape" and "Philia"
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by vibesbazedotml: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2014
[EXPO] 2014/15 NECO GCE AGRIC PAPER 1 ANSWERS DROPPED HERE http://vibesbaze.ml/forum2_theme_111498912.xhtml?tema=8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerian Churches With Funny Names. / Benny Hinn: 'Islam In Nigeria, Evil Powers Will Be Defeated' / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.