Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Let's Talk About Love. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Love. (45519 Views)

What About Love In The Quran? / I Am A Great Man, That's Why People Talk About Me - Chris Oyakhilome / Let's Talk About Sex (by Pastor E. A. Adeboye) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2014
jearile:

Obviously, it'd be futile trying to wet a dry stone... Have made my point, and asking me to repeat again and again what I think I've done justice to would be unnecessary - got more pressing issues to attend to.
Notwithstanding, it'd do me no harm to know what you think is "Agape" and "Philia"

No, you don't seem grasp what love really is. No justice was done. If Agape and Philia are both love, then something within the characteristics of love must be binding them together. The substance of love has to be universal between the two loves, hence all love is equal. The love might be different because they are expressed to different persons, namely: God and man.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by jearile(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2014
Kay17:

No, you don't seem grasp what love really is. No justice was done. If Agape and Philia are both love, then something within the characteristics of love must be binding them together. The substance of love has to be universal between the two loves, hence all love is equal. The love might be different because they are expressed to different persons, namely: God and man.
So what's the difference between what you've said and this:
jearile: ...Agape is God to man, man to God which is initiated based on faith while Philia is man to man

I find out most times people just like to over-stress simple issues... Improving on an idea or statement is different from finding fault even when there isn't just because you want to make a point.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by winbyforce: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
texanomaly:

"Love is not blind-It sees more and not less, but because it sees more it is willing to see less."
~Will Moss

Love allows us to "see" past others' faults. After all, none of us is perfect. Love helps us become less judgmental and more tolerant.

Well said. Love makes us to believe in the other against all odds. And when no one will believe in you, God is always there!
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
Image123:

Yeah bro, He turns a blind eye on your folly because He loves you.

What folly? Is it my fault that he is blind?

Image123:

Nonetheless, my love would not marry a dog or a gay, as blind as it is.

Your God of the Bible is not worthy of my love. I don't care that your God won't marry a dog or a gay person. Is your God male or female? Also we already know your God doesn't marry, he simply pumps his seed into any woman he wants. Just like Zeus.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
texanomaly:

"Love is not blind-It sees more and not less, but because it sees more it is willing to see less."
~Will Moss

Love allows us to "see" past others' faults. After all, none of us is perfect. Love helps us become less judgmental and more tolerant.

It didn't help God tolerate those damn Canaanites he wanted killed. Neither did it help him tolerate those that he wanted stoned to death for working on the Sabbath.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by UyiIredia(m): 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
thehomer:

It didn't help God tolerate those damn Canaanites he wanted killed. Neither did it help him tolerate those that he wanted stoned to death for working on the Sabbath.

It helped that there are many existing tribes God didn't mention and_by implication_tolerated. It also helps that Jesus Himself allowed his disciples work on the Sabbath and that he paid the price of obeying numerous laws on the cross.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 12:24am On Nov 08, 2014
UyiIredia:

It helped that there are many existing tribes God didn't mention and_by implication_tolerated. It also helps that Jesus Himself allowed his disciples work on the Sabbath and that he paid the price of obeying numerous laws on the cross.

I will create another thread on this.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by texanomaly(f): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2014
thehomer:

I didn't bring up God. You did. Not feeding your obsession with God was deliberate. I refuse to engage in this vein of conversation. I made my statement about love. If you wish to talk about God, take it up with someone else. Thank you.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by mozemile: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2014
Stunning MBGN runner up, Sandra Ogbebor is representing Nigeria at the Miss Globe World Finals in Albania Eastern Europe. The University of Benin graduate is Nigeria’s Miss Globe 2014 and the only African at the Miss Globe contest 2014 amongst 42 other delegates from all over the world.

The pageant FINALS will take place TODAY November 8th at the Palace of Sports Shkoder – Albania

Top 5 voted Countries:
| Canada with 8858 votes | Nigeria with 8262 votes | Estonia with 3577 votes | Colombia with 2686 votes | Curacao with 2414 votes |

http://themissglobe.com/2014/participants.php#

VOTE NIGERIA SO WE CAN TAKE BACK THE TOP SPOT
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
texanomaly:

If you wish to talk about God, take it up with someone else. Thank you.

i will oblige him, he is my boy.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
thehomer:

What folly? Is it my fault that he is blind?
Your folly of not believing in Him. It is not your fault that God is Love, it is His nature.

Your God of the Bible is not worthy of my love. I don't care that your God won't marry a dog or a gay person. Is your God male or female? Also we already know your God doesn't marry, he simply pumps his seed into any woman he wants. Just like Zeus.
i referred to my love, not yours, you still have this problem with comprehension. God is the definition, the expression and the demonstration of love. Your love may as well count for nothing except it conforms to God's. Who told you my God does not marry BTW, are you not aware that the church is the Bride of God? You my friend remain the same ignorant fellow despite the passage of time. Another year dawns.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
pazienza:

Where is the love in the God that destroyed the Amelakites, riping foetus from their pregnant mothers, the God that plans to torment people in hell fire for eternity with no option for forgiveness?

Come again sir. Slowly and one step at a time this time around.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 12:14am On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:

So all tribes that weren't mentioned in the Bible were tolerated? That's an interesting claim. How exactly does this help those tribes that were mentioned? Maybe Jesus felt it wasn't a big deal but God certainly felt it was a deal big enough to kill people.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2014
texanomaly:

I didn't bring up God. You did. Not feeding your obsession with God was deliberate. I refuse to engage in this vein of conversation. I made my statement about love. If you wish to talk about God, take it up with someone else. Thank you.

You were responding to my post that was about God. You're welcome.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 12:29am On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

Your folly of not believing in Him. It is not your fault that God is Love, it is His nature.

While your folly is believing in the Christian God. Actually, my point is that your God is not love. His nature is one of hate.

Image123:

i referred to my love, not yours, you still have this problem with comprehension. God is the definition, the expression and the demonstration of love. Your love may as well count for nothing except it conforms to God's. Who told you my God does not marry BTW, are you not aware that the church is the Bride of God? You my friend remain the same ignorant fellow despite the passage of time. Another year dawns.

Sure your love for imaginary entities is great. Sure God is love and God is blind. I'm sure with God's marriage, he has successfully inseminated the church. Actually, you remain the same astoundingly dull and ignorant fellow.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by UyiIredia(m): 9:17am On Nov 09, 2014
thehomer:

So all tribes that weren't mentioned in the Bible were tolerated? That's an interesting claim. How exactly does this help those tribes that were mentioned? Maybe Jesus felt it wasn't a big deal but God certainly felt it was a deal big enough to kill people.

Not all tribes mentioned in the Bible were to be killed. I believe you are deliberately ignoring this fact.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by UyiIredia(m): 9:19am On Nov 09, 2014
thehomer:

Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2014
thehomer:

While your folly is believing in the Christian God. Actually, my point is that your God is not love. His nature is one of hate.

Sure your love for imaginary entities is great. Sure God is love and God is blind. I'm sure with God's marriage, he has successfully inseminated the church. Actually, you remain the same astoundingly dull and ignorant fellow.
It is never folly to believe in God, I've got my life and eternity taken care of. You in folly are living a meaningless life with prospects of an hopeless eternity except you repent.
Your confusion is pitiable. So conveniently, God is love so that He is blind, but He's suddenly not love so that you can glory in your misery of hate propaganda. Don't let the devil continue playing ludo with your brain this way, it's unfair.
Another year dawns, come out of folly. Jesus saves.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
UyiIredia:

Not all tribes mentioned in the Bible were to be killed. I believe you are deliberately ignoring this fact.

Is it love to order the killing of even one single tribe?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

It is never folly to believe in God, I've got my life and eternity taken care of. You in folly are living a meaningless life with prospects of an hopeless eternity except you repent.

It is absolute folly to believe in your God. Actually you only have your life except the portions of it that you've wasted groveling before your God. My life isn't meaningless given the fact that I enjoy living it.

Image123:

Your confusion is pitiable. So conveniently, God is love so that He is blind, but He's suddenly not love so that you can glory in your misery of hate propaganda. Don't let the devil continue playing ludo with your brain this way, it's unfair.
Another year dawns, come out of folly. Jesus saves.

When you say God is love, I'm telling you that he is also blind. When you claim that he is actually loving, I point out to you that he is hateful. I don't know why you find these simply ideas confusing. You can always pray to your God for enlightenment.
Maybe the devil has already won your brain since you're here defending a God that has commanded genocide.
Another year beacons. Come out of folly. Don't waste your life bowing to evil entities especially when they're imaginary.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
thehomer:

It is absolute folly to believe in your God. Actually you only have your life except the portions of it that you've wasted groveling before your God. My life isn't meaningless given the fact that I enjoy living it.
Kindly explain how it is folly to believe in God. i've never had to grovel before God BTW, you seem to have a poor imagination. Your life is meaningless and purposeless, and you would end up frustrated and unfulfilled if you live long and continue this way. That is the trend your mentors took, i'm sure you know.

When you say God is love, I'm telling you that he is also blind. When you claim that he is actually loving, I point out to you that he is hateful. I don't know why you find these simply ideas confusing. You can always pray to your God for enlightenment.
Maybe the devil has already won your brain since you're here defending a God that has commanded genocide.
Another year beacons. Come out of folly. Don't waste your life bowing to evil entities especially when they're imaginary.

Don't be ridiculous yet again. You said in the same breath that Actually, my point is that your God is not love. Then, Sure God is love. Your confusion remains pitiable and you do not know it. It's either God is love or God is not love, which one can you cope with? You believe God does not exist, but you have daymares and seizures talking about Him. Come out of folly, Jesus loves you yet.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 1:12am On Nov 11, 2014
I was going to talk about the action of love. Within our subconscious, we create a list of priorities with the most valued at the apex and to which we lavish our deepest love. As an action we equate the most valuable with the highest price: our very life.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kay17:
I was going to talk about the action of love. Within our subconscious, we create a list of priorities with the most valued at the apex and to which we lavish our deepest love. As an action we equate the most valuable with the highest price: our very life.

Sums up what Jesus did for us.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Kay17: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
Image123:

Sums up what Jesus did for us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1153593/necessity-jesus-sacrifice

This thread should suffice for that discusson
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kay17:

https://www.nairaland.com/1153593/necessity-jesus-sacrifice

This thread should suffice for that discusson

What you said sums up what Jesus did for us when He came to earth, the love of God.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
Image123:

Kindly explain how it is folly to believe in God. i've never had to grovel before God BTW, you seem to have a poor imagination. Your life is meaningless and purposeless, and you would end up frustrated and unfulfilled if you live long and continue this way. That is the trend your mentors took, i'm sure you know.

It is folly because your God is a figment of your imagination. Though shared by a couple of other people. Have you ever prayed earnestly to your God? Well since I'm the one living my life, I think I'm the one in the best position to say whether or not my life is meaningless or purposeless. And I can tell you that right now, I'm not feeling frustrated or unfulfilled. Who are you referring to as my mentor?

Image123:

Don't be ridiculous yet again. You said in the same breath that Actually, my point is that your God is not love. Then, Sure God is love. Your confusion remains pitiable and you do not know it. It's either God is love or God is not love, which one can you cope with? You believe God does not exist, but you have daymares and seizures talking about Him. Come out of folly, Jesus loves you yet.

It appears that conditional statements are difficult for you but hey, that's your problem. If you think your God is love, he is blind. If you think your God is loving, he isn't. Apparently as a Christian, you're the one who is afraid of this loving God of yours.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
thehomer:

It is folly because your God is a figment of your imagination. Though shared by a couple of other people. Have you ever prayed earnestly to your God? Well since I'm the one living my life, I think I'm the one in the best position to say whether or not my life is meaningless or purposeless. And I can tell you that right now, I'm not feeling frustrated or unfulfilled. Who are you referring to as my mentor?

Prayer is not grovelling, have you ever prayed? Do you know what it means to pray? i'm the one living my life and my God is real. What is the purpose of your life? What is the meaning of your life? Do you have any mentor(s)? Do you know how they died, i know.

It appears that conditional statements are difficult for you but hey, that's your problem. If you think your God is love, he is blind. If you think your God is loving, he isn't. Apparently as a Christian, you're the one who is afraid of this loving God of yours.

Confused statements are not conditional statements. You made a confused statement. Which do you believe, think or accept? Is God love or not?
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Image123:

Prayer is not grovelling, have you ever prayed? Do you know what it means to pray? i'm the one living my life and my God is real. What is the purpose of your life? What is the meaning of your life? Do you have any mentor(s)? Do you know how they died, i know.

I know enough about the prayer of believing Christians to know it is groveling. Can you explain how real your God is when compared to Gods like Zeus and Brahma. Also contrast your God's realness with beings like fairies and vampires. The purpose of my life is to live it the best way I can. Since you know how my mentors died, why don't you tell me who they are?

Image123:

Confused statements are not conditional statements. You made a confused statement. Which do you believe, think or accept? Is God love or not?

If you think your God is love, he is blind. If you think your God is loving, he isn't.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
thehomer:

I know enough about the prayer of believing Christians to know it is groveling. Can you explain how real your God is when compared to Gods like Zeus and Brahma. Also contrast your God's realness with beings like fairies and vampires. The purpose of my life is to live it the best way I can. Since you know how my mentors died, why don't you tell me who they are?

If you think your God is love, he is blind. If you think your God is loving, he isn't.

God is love, beat yourself or something.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by thehomer: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Image123:

God is love, beat yourself or something.

I prefer beating up your God.
Re: Let's Talk About Love. by Image123(m): 3:37am On Nov 14, 2014
thehomer:

I prefer beating up your God.

Psalms 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision. 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Benny Hinn: 'Islam In Nigeria, Evil Powers Will Be Defeated' / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.