Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Oau Freshers. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau Freshers. (5802 Views)

Oau Freshers For 2013....let's Meet Here.. / Tips For Oau Freshers For 2011/2012 Session / Oau Freshers To Resume Jan 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oau Freshers. by keji2008(f): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2008
Whats up to all fresh stundents of GREAT IFE.i must congratulate u on ur admission.
i bet u would enjoy ur stay in OAU.
The registration process may be/will be stress,my advice---Pls Don't take pain killers,cos it will only make the pain worst grin. u ve to be strong.
and also don't listen to any of ur senior colleagues that says one course is difficult to pass,or any negative saying abt OAU.if it happened to them it wouldn't happen to u [in jesus name].Believe in ur self and don't let anyone intimidate u.
MOZ chicks wink,pls be care these guys cant be trusted,most of them are after fresh blood,OK.
Most importantly put GOD first in all ur doings&draw closer to him. smiley
cheesy CONGRATS ONCE MORE & I WISH U A HAPPY STAY. cheesy
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2008
@KEJI-2008
why r u advising .the moz girls?didnt u do u own at ur own time or u tink i dnt knw, make i just code am for here, anglomoz car park
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
PROSPECTIVE OAU STUDENTS READ THIS OR CHECK www.oauife.edu.ng
RESUMPTION FOR THE 2008/2009 ACADEMIC SESSION

The Senate of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has approved that the University should resume for the 2008/2009 academic session on Sunday, November 30th, 2008.

Highlighted as follows:-
November 30, 2008 2008/2009 Harmattan Semester begins. Fresh students come into residence.

December 1-6, 2008 Screening/Verification, On-Line Registration and Orientation for Fresh students

December 7, 2008 Returning Undergraduate and Postgraduate students come into Residence.

December 8, 2008 Harmattan Semester Lectures begin.

December 31, 2008 On-Line Registration Ends

February 2, 2009 MATRICULATION

INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS FOR THE 2008/2009 ACADEMIC YEAR

Candidates who made Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife their first and/or second choice and took the Obafemi Awolowo University Post UME are advised to check their names from the list of candidates admitted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on the Obafemi Awolowo University Website ePortal or at the Obafemi Awolowo University Liaison Office in Lagos (9, Methodist Church Street, Opebi, Ikeja). Confirmation of admission on the OAU website is through the usage of the scratch card earlier used for the Post UME Screening exercise.

Candidates who have been offered admission are required to purchase appropriate SCRATCH CARDS for the payment of fees after clearance with the admissions office. Payment should be On-Line also using O.A.U e-portal.

On-line Registration begins on Friday, November 21st, 2008
Re: Oau Freshers. by pongwa(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2008
where can i access nmy admission status on the web?
Re: Oau Freshers. by phartye(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2008
@niyi, no mind dat keji jare, & U might probably be wrong, maybe she's an S.U. But keji & niyi if we're to be frank anglomoz is not the best place for any freshers esp. the girls, the campus is quite fun anyway. And like wat keji said earlier that there's no course you can't pass, I actually agree, as long as you put God first in all you do, followed by hardwork [I dont mean MTN sleepless nights O] and some little fun. Wishing all the freshers a lovely resumption ahead an the returning students a happy holiday.
P.S : @niyi, have you seen the school fees? Do you notice any increment or is it still as it was. Please let me know. wink
Re: Oau Freshers. by pongwa(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
pls i want to kno if it is my computer that is displayin fake results because i just checked the site now and i caould only see 2007/2008 session, abeg make una helep me ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked
Re: Oau Freshers. by MoreAA(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2008
@last poster. the information in the papers says it will be about by tomorrow. greatest ife
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2008
@phartye
school fees has not changed so dont prepare for aluta wen coming from home.school fees is still d same.
@pongwa
d list is not on d site yet ,your computer is alrite.it wud be there sooon.chill ok
Re: Oau Freshers. by phartye(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2008
No no no. I'm not dat kind of person who loves causing trouble, aluta shocked ? angry angry or watever you call it? Just count me out. But aluta isn't the best sha. grin grin wink
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2008
@phartye
Thank God u dont like trouble too atleast Prof mike faborode is tyring to make the academic calendar stable.
Re: Oau Freshers. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2008
Niyi, what is my chances of been admitted into accounting dept. with 202 p ume and 246 ume.
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2008
@simple_4u
i dont knw,it all depends on d cutoff and if u come from a catchment area that has low cutoff that moight also help u.Another factor is if u knw a staff or somone that can help u
Re: Oau Freshers. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2008
@niyi, if one beat the catchment cut-off who his name come out on merit list. because general cutof is 249 while oyo catchment is 237
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2008
@simple_4u
i am not sure of the exact list your name might come out but more likely it seems it would be the second list or short fall.Just pray and contact anyone u know might help.
Re: Oau Freshers. by pongwa(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2008
u mean the merit list is strictly for those that beat the merit cut off point?
Re: Oau Freshers. by joselekas(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2008
Can anyone do the favour of posting the school fee for both freshers and stalite. for the Admission List I can authoritatively tell u that the list is out but is neither on the school site nor on any link on the web, for now u can ONLY check ur Admission Status in ur various falculty. Good luck.
Computer Sci & Engnr Student what up.
Re: Oau Freshers. by joselekas(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2008
simple_4u:

Niyi, what is my chances of been admitted into accounting dept. with 202 p ume and 246 ume.
Dear Niyi, u stand a fair chance of been admitted. 'Flee' to ife to check ur admission status, so that u know the next line of action if ur name is not on the merit list. Though, there seems to be no correlation between ur p ume and ume score. I hope it's not what i'm thinking? smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Good luck.
Re: Oau Freshers. by phartye(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2008
@pongwa, nope. D merit list comprises of students dat meets the stipulated merit score and all the catchments score too. undecided
Re: Oau Freshers. by ababram(m): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2008
Let me correct OAU for an error done.The list is now on the eportal.oauife.edu.ng now but the mistake is that the session their is wrong (2007/2008).Check the list,it is for the new session 2008/2009.Good luck to u all
Re: Oau Freshers. by thocs: 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2008
plz what going on with OAU have they forgotten about predegree students. when are they going to paste the list of the successful predegree students? i scored 66.2 in my predgree final result, am i going to make elect/elect engineering shocked
Re: Oau Freshers. by skyboy1(m): 11:10am On Nov 24, 2008
hi guys, was just admitted 4 medcin but i dont know the registration procedure, can som one pls explain 2 me, because i had that d IT comences on 21ST and i also had dat i will stat on dec. 1-6
Re: Oau Freshers. by keji2008(f): 11:37am On Nov 24, 2008
@niyi09, my records are clean,i was never d type of person u see in anglomoz park doing ungodly things. u can ask those who know keji. smiley

@phartye,am not an SU either.u get it wink. i just believe in GOD.
Re: Oau Freshers. by phartye(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2008
k its alrite. but pls o, who're dose people that knows "keji"? embarassed
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2008
@keji_2008
i was only joking about the anglo-moz car park,i dont know you i was just playing but i do remember that u said u were going to get firstl class in OAu on nairaland,i hope u are on your way to do that
Re: Oau Freshers. by keji2008(f): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2008
@niyi09,yeah am still working on it.it as not been easy but am doing my best.thanks for asking. smiley
Hope u both[phartye] enjoyed Ur holidays?.
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2008
@keji-2008
yeah,holiday was cool but i am glad we r resuming cos i am bored at home
First class is not easy in OAU,they would want to kill your spirit with a lot of "B's" and other silly grades but nothing do us sha
Re: Oau Freshers. by phartye(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2008
@keji_2008, thanks 4 asking My holiday has been interesting all this while, but still I'm tired and bored of the environment, just waiting for resumption. With what niyi09 said, its some how not easy to make a 1st class from Ife, with d funny grades which they do award after several sleepless nights. But as for me, I've made up my mind to put in all my best to get a good grade out of there , atleast its also students like ourselves too that do get those grades (1st class & 2.1) abi? cheesy
Re: Oau Freshers. by niyi09(m): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2008
yeah,i am trying my best but i just dont want to graduate with all this marginal CGPA like 4.3 to 4.49,u get what i mean,it wud be so disappoiting cos there is no difference between a 4.49 and a 3.5 and its all this silly B"s that count
Re: Oau Freshers. by phartye(m): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2008
Its true, I agree with you. Only God can crown one's efforts with success.
Re: Oau Freshers. by pongwa(m): 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2008
i think wat d guy said make sense pls for freshers some ppl do fail because they lsiten to d wrong advise from wrong set of ppl.for example u can have firat class and that white house course will hold u bacck.
u need to belive in urself and be focused.
for gurls dont follow aristole and the so called big boys and the guys mozambique gurls can be distractive watchout.
imaging you having a gurl trying to attach to you becos u are intelligent.them plenty for there.your g.p fit go for am.
i wish u all the best.
Re: Oau Freshers. by opiororo1(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2008
Guys my name is on the accounting list and i'm presently doing my registration.@ poungya what do you mean by white house course?Make you ja wa si. Actually i've heard a lot about Ife and 1st class factor but i pray God will see us through.Thumbs up everyone i like your spirit. cool
Re: Oau Freshers. by opiororo1(m): 11:28am On Nov 29, 2008
Hello Keji, i hope you don't mind my asking you this - which church do attend?, what part are you in? if you want to be confidential you can call me on 08023981467 or text me.thanx.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kasu Admission List / Ayodele Dada Is Not The First Nigerian To Make CGPA Of 5.0. Why D Noise? / This Is The Biggest Dam In The World - Three Gorges Dam In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.