Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (39024 Views)

Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? / Husbands Who Beat Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Gloria3389:

we are talking about money here... not other wahala... besides, money also take a larger percentage of relationship or marriage wahala
also, there is something called enuf in marriage ....
you are obviously broke

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
exthar87:
really,u better stop that, pray for an understanding husband and pray for humbleness..there are families where the woman is the breadwinner still u won't know
Which family is that,cos judging by the ones have come across,the husbands are living in hell.Women tend to dominate when they have an upper hand in anything.
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by dammytosh: 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
kibi:
i just spoke with a friend of mine who has been having marital challenges and she says the hubby has given her a condition for their make up - submit your salary to me at the end of every month.
i really dont like being in the middle of marital squables cos i wouldnt want anyone in mine so i told her to pray and talk it out with her husband though it did get me thinking, whats the rationale behind that condition...for men in the house who do this please enlighten me cos i dont support it.

Your friend is responsible for her choice. She should submit it sharp sharp.

When you have options and you decide to go with an Id10t.

Why on earth will a man ever think such.

1 Like

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hannibie:

Any man forcing his wife to submit her monthly salary just to teach her submission(or for whatever reason) is an insult to Masculinity. One of Man's major responsibilities is to provide and the woman is to submit. Never force your wife to submit to you because it would no longer be submission but oppression. God forbid the day my husband would stoop so low to ask for my salary, "na to go deliverance be that" because some witches must be behind it grin cheesy
Are this feminists on nairaland willing to submit?

1 Like

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
majekdom2:
you judging that man ... the info is incomplete , they have marital issues . how are you sure the salary is not a reason . the man may be facing a hard time , no one can tell . I know how some women can be when they are the one providing for the family . it happens , the man may have been the breadwinner and perhaps something happen . don't be too quick in your conclusion untill the op can provide details on why they have issues.
no matter what the matter maybe...*ll the same I yaff hear
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
ayswags:
Which family is that,cos judging by the ones have come across,the husbands are living in hell.Women tend to dominate when they have a upper hand in anything.
well not all females love to dominate
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Gloria3389(f): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
majekdom2:
you should ask married women to advice you properly.
hmmmmm... I Never said there's no other wahala ooo... anyway.... your replies are sensible.... thanks
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Godmystrength: 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
If there is a joint account where we both contribute ALL/PART of our salary and BOTH make decisions on how to spend it, then no problem. But if there is no such arrangement, and i now have to withdraw my salary from my account to give him to pay into his own account and he now decides how he wants to spend it, then i won't be a part of it....

On another note, i see where some people are saying that it is possible for the man to demand for such if the wife is a careless spender...... Okay. But can a woman also demand that her husband submit all his salary to him because he is a careless spender (there are also men like that and not only women are guilty of such) who squanders all his money on nonsense and end up borrowing money which the wife also gets to pay back part of the debt and also suffer for his actions?
Or is this just something only a man can demand for..
I am asking this to know if the man's decision is for the betterment of the family or just a way to prove some ish to the woman?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by cap28: 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
He's just using her, he knows she's desperate to stay married at any cost and will submit to any kind of abuse if she gives in to his demands the next one will be worse, did she get married to be abused or to share her life with a man she loves?

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
kibi:

he says its meant to show her submissiveness...thats the part that puzzles me.

Jeeez! Seriously, what is it with Nairaland and the term "submissiveness"?

So @bold is his reason for taking her entire salary? Do they have children?
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
ayswags:
Which family is that,cos judging by the ones have come across,the husbands are living in hell.Women tend to dominate when they have a upper hand in anything.
and that may be the problem the man may be facing.

1 Like

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Emperoradrian(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Hmmm... I wonder the kind of men mothers raise up these days
just exactly your kind...

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Demichaels: 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Hmmm... I wonder the kind of men mothers raise up these days

bad mother's raise bad men

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by OpraMenu(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:
I want to know the reason why he demands such and then I will answer.
+

Me too
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Ezibless: 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
spankyflex:
coming from a lady;am disappointed

ok,i aff hear

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Gloria3389(f): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
slimmy05:
you are obviously broke
no sensible guy or a matured one will always find reason(s) to insult pple especially ladies.... I'm sure u lack something upstairs....
abi, for goodness sake what do u want from me....always attacking me for no reason.. be warned
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Mitsurugi(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
its necessary ONLY if its to help the lady curb excessive and unnecessary spending - it could and should also go the other way round too. Sometimes when I need to save money and curb excesses, I give my salary less transport and lunch money to wifey till I accomplish a tenable project. Some women, (guys too atimes) I'm so sorry to say can never see a flashy thing pass by (shoes, bags, tops and gowns and accessories, makeup kits... the list is endless) without spending foolishly only to worry the husband later for things as little as cerelac or a carton of indomie despite earning a good income! I know of ladies who own shops only to meet their husbands at the end of the year to re-stock their shops and pay its rent. If such husbands demand for the salaries for proper accountability then it is justified. The economy abhors recklessness these days - my two cents respectfully though. grin

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by GboyegaD(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Funny things happen in our world. The husband should step up his game and be more responsible instead of hiding under the guise of submissiveness.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Kirinwa: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

They are already married(?years),they have been having marital challenges, and the resolution is that the husband has demanded the wife submit her salary to him every month.

Obviously the marital challenges they were having would have to do with either pride on the woman's side or finances. Since he wasn't asking her for her salary when they first got married and he is asking now as a resolution to marriage issues it shows something significant has changed. More info is needed.

There is NOTHING wrong in submitting your ENTIRE salary to your husband if you know you married a good person. Such husbands usually ask because they have seen the woman is careless with money (a common thing among the ladies) esp when it comes in large amounts, or they do it out of tradition and always give a part of it back to the lady while saving the other part for the future.

Those screaming they can't give their salaries to their husbands are those who don't trust them in the first place or single ladies. If you don't trust your husband then who will you trust? If you don't trust your husband then why did you marry him?

I keep on wondering why you chose 5minsmadness as your username upon say you are filled with great wisdom and understanding.

Women why did you marry him if you can't trust him with your money.
If I were to demand my wife's entire salary I would ensure I provide adequately for her needs..

Who knows if the husband is even saving her from marital unfaithfulness because when a woman has excess money to spend, temptation creeps in followed by pride and rubbing of shoulders with her husband ensues.

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
Gloria3389:

no sensible guy or a matured one will always find reason(s) to insult pple especially ladies.... I'm sure u lack something upstairs....
abi, for goodness sake what do u want from me....always attacking me for no reason.. be warned
are you pained cos I actually defined who you are? What's your discipline that will take a strong man to get your pay?

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by 5minsmadness: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
tebirim:
I don't see anything wrong with that. It all boils down to understanding between them both. My mum always brought her salary home when my dad was alive. What my dad does is to give her pocket money then ask her to save the rest. My dad also brought his own home and would divide it according to our needs and want at that moment and save the rest for us all. It helped so much that not long my mum was counting in millions. As a woman and a wife, if you love your spouse, then there isn't anything wrong in it. Not only is the man the head, he will help you manage you finances. That's why i support joint account between spouse. It helps

Well said. Some people just talk as if all men are evil. If you love him and trust him enough to marry him then what is the big deal in giving him your salary?

4 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Gloria3389(f): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
slimmy05:
are you pained cos I actually defined who you are? What's your discipline that will take a strong man to get your pay?
lolzzzz.... now I know u are blind and senseless... defined who I am??... lolzzzz
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Gloria3389:

lolzzzz.... now I know u are blind and senseless... defined who I am??... lolzzzz
dont be so dumb to skip the questions.
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Missy89(f): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
tell her to buy a gun and shoot him dead between the eyes

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Gloria3389(f): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
slimmy05:
dont be so dumb to skip the questions.
when u know how to speak well and use right words...
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by timota(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
It could be the wife is too fat because of the salary and the husband wants to burn part of the fat. The picture below shows the best way of burning fat

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
What works for okeke might not work for okafor. For me, u wont see shishi under such conditions. The full story will nt be far from the wife earning more than the guy, the guy then develops inferior complex making him over react in certain issues. He then pegs every disagreement they have on dt d wife isnt submissive cos of money. If you are a man- be a man. Dont feel intimidated. Whether u are short, handicap , unemployed etc should make you less of a man.

A colleague in my office had d same issue. Their pastor preached it in the church that the woman shld submit every including salary. The husband saw it as opportunity and demanded dt she submit her money. They opened a joint acnt in another bank and he was sole signatory to the acnt. It was like jazz. She lost her phone and the husband did not replace it for her. She will beg for phone from other staff to call 'honey.'

Her family abandoned her cos anyone dt asks for anything, she wil tell the person ,'Go to the right source' and when they go to 'honey' its one story or the other.

The girl bought a car before the handover things, it was part of the things dt were handed over to the guy. The girl will fly okada to and fro work not minding she was heavily pregnant. 'honey' does not see the importance of bringing his pregnant wife to work.

To crown the story , each time my colleagues sees honey in his place of work ( 'honey is a business man) , they see him playing draft. This thing come dey vex everybody but no one could say it out . Then, one day, this babe came back from mkting and was feeling very weak. She needed to drink malt and was begging for who will buy malt for her. All hell broke loose. It was started by a guy dt hardly talks in the office. Ppl joined the guy and finished the babe . I dont think she would sleep that night cos they really shred
Fast forward,two years later, i dont know how she broke loose from her marital bondage. She bought another car and takes care of herself. She buys things herself, atleast ive seen her buy abacha for herself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Eneze1(f): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

Well said. Some people just talk as if all men are evil. If you love him and trust him enough to marry him then what is the big deal in giving him your salary?

Some of this women marry because they want to be Mrs by force not really understanding what it entails
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
Gloria3389:

when u know how to speak well and use right words...
you are obviously broke. All these front desk officer who's role equals a cleaner

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
mercylicious:
What works for okeke might not work for okafor. For me, u wont see shishi under such conditions. The full story will nt be far from the wife earning more than the guy, the guy then develops inferior complex making him over react in certain issues. He then pegs every disagreement they have on dt d wife isnt submissive cos of money. If you are a man- be a man. Dont feel intimidated. Whether u are short, handicap , unemployed etc should make you less of a man.

A colleague in my office had d same issue. Their pastor preached it in the church that the woman shld submit every including salary. The husband saw it as opportunity and demanded dt she submit her money. They opened a joint acnt in another bank and he was sole signatory to the acnt. It was like jazz. She lost her phone and the husband did not replace it for her. She will beg for phone from other staff to call 'honey.'

Her family abandoned her cos anyone dt asks for anything, she wil tell the person ,'Go to the right source' and when they go to 'honey' its one story or the other.

The girl bought a car before the handover things, it was part of the things dt were handed over to the guy. The girl will fly okada to and fro work not minding she was heavily pregnant. 'honey' does not see the importance of bringing his pregnant wife to work.

To crown the story , each time my colleagues sees honey in his place of work ( 'honey is a business man) , they see him playing draft. This thing come dey vex everybody but no one could say it out . Then, one day, this babe came back from mkting and was feeling very weak. She needed to drink malt and was begging for who will buy malt for her. All hell broke loose. It was started by a guy dt hardly talks in the office. Ppl joined the guy and finished the babe . I dont think she would sleep that night cos they really shred
Fast forward,two years later, i dont know how she broke loose from her marital bondage. She bought another car and takes care of herself. She buys things herself, atleast ive seen her buy abacha for herself.

why make such a cheap conclusion that the lady earns more than the guy. Very dry joke there. You're stories are indeed a deranged one

3 Likes

Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by jaybee3(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Is she extremely bad with money?
Has he always been like that from the get go?

Obviously something must have triggered such reaction to the extent that he had made that as a sole condition for their reconciliation.
She needs to own up first before you can give a balanced advice.
Re: Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
jaybee3:
Is she extremely bad with money?
Has he always been like that from the get go?

Obviously something must have triggered such reaction to the extent that he had made that as a sole condition for their reconciliation.
She needs to own up first before you can give a balanced advice.

mature response

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Share Your “ Feel At Home” Experiences With Visitors. / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / Mike Sonko: “If You See My Wife With Another Man Please Don’t Tell Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.