Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism (18798 Views)

Mikel Obi & His Twin Girls On A Stroll (photo) / Mikel Obi & His Twins Waiting For Christmas Dinner / Police Drop Mikel Obi Racism Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nigeria's coach Stephen Keshi has praised Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel for his spiritedness despite calls from many quarters claiming national team coaches are afraid to bench the player.

Keshi has not dropped or substituted the player even in the face of dwindling performances with both club and country and has now spoken glowingly of the midfielder.

“Mikel brings a lot of professionalism to the team,” Keshi told SuperSport.com. “He’s a fighter. He hates losing with a passion. “In training sessions, it’s the same – always professional and always serious minded.”

“I hate to say this but it seems some Nigerians don’t like thinking about the past because the Mikel that is criticized so much today is the same Mikel that was praised by almost all Nigerians during the 2013 Afcon in South Africa,” said Keshi.

“Has he suddenly become a bad footballer? I think we need to understand that no human being can perform at the same level everyday.

“We must learn to be patient with our players and coaches. I don’t have any problems with Mikel or any of my players,” he said.

Keshi also dismissed side talk that he was afraid of benching the Chelsea midfielder even though he is regularly placed on the sidelines by Blues manager Jose Mourinho.

“That is not true. I left Mikel out of the team for seven months before I recalled him,” the 52-year-old said.

“Nobody is bigger than the team. If you are not giving one hundred and ten percent, you will have no place in the team.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/5755011

http://www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/141102/Keshi_lifts_the_lid

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by msmon(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mikel? A fighter? Maybe in his room, or Keshi see what everyone including Morinho can't see.

FTC, no be yam ooooo!

9 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by bigt2(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Fighter indeed! No wonder he is in Mortal Kombat 7.

17 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by decode55(m): 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
LoL. This thread should be moved to the jokes section

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
bigt2:
Fighter indeed! No wonder he is in Mortal Kombat 7.

grin grin grin I'm sure they will make him the slowest character if the put him there.Infact,the game no go sale.

4 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
msmon:

Mikel? A fighter? Maybe in is room, or Keshi see what everyone including Morinho can't see.

Lol,wetin you wan make Keshi do ni?The guy can pay Keshi's salary for a year. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mikel is one of the reasons I like Coach Keshi. Mikel is not as poor as people make him to be. Look at Fellaini at Man Utd. Many Man Utd fans castigated him and wanted him out of the team. Today, he is one of the few players that brings class to the midfield.

Sometimes, people should know there is more to football than watching a player run with the ball. Decision making, intelligence and knowing when to attack or defend is important to the team.

Mikel is a very technical player and has tried his best for the team.

I keep pointing at the fact that Mikel was the best Nigerian player in the match against South Africa. After the game, many were abusing Mikel that he was one of the reasons we did not win the game. I shook my head in Yoruba.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 04, 2014
Enough of all this... Mikel is a professional.. Yes of course.. So what?.. Don't professionals sit on the bench??..
If a player is not an his best, he should be benched..
What mikel needs is competition.. He is too lax for my liking.. Keshi should give other players the chance to show what they can offer...
The last time I checked finidi George was discovered in Malta..
Even the unbencheable Mikel was scouted in Norway...
Scouts should be sent all over the globe.. We can get a better replacement for mikel..

15 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by lexyman(m): 5:40am On Nov 04, 2014
Tired of the same story every day ....I am sure that when Keshi gets a stable defense and stable attacking like , he will take the risk of removing mikel , or make him compete for a place in the team ...
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:45am On Nov 04, 2014
“We must learn to be patient with our players and coaches. I don’t have any problems with Mikel or any of my players,” he said.

With two matches to go, we may not be able to afford PATIENCE. We just have to play our best legs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by buskie13(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2014
See what GEJ has caused.....Keshi is not a coach...when we have more eligible players....kalu uche is there...Keshi is collecting bribe

3 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
Daninya1:
Enough of all this... Mikel is a professional.. Yes of course.. So what?.. Don't professionals sit on the bench??..
If a player is not an his best, he should be benched..
What mikel needs is competition.. He is too lax for my liking.. Keshi should give other players the chance to show what they can offer...
The last time I checked finidi George was discovered in Malta..
Even the unbencheable Mikel was scouted in Norway...
Scouts should be sent all over the globe.. We can get a better replacement for mikel..
If Coach Keshi wants to bring in a player from Malta, people will shout.

By the way, replacing Mikel is not easy. Technically brilliant players are difficult to find. Look at Italy, since 2000 until today, they have not been able to replace Pirlo. Xavi and Xabi Alonso was irreplaceable until Thiago Alcantara came along.

Super Eagles have had very great players but only Finidi George, Kanu and Mikel have showed technical brilliance in the Super Eagles. It is hard to explain this quality. I never watched Coach Keshi play in midfield, but I heard he was that sort of player.

They spend more time reading the game than playing it.

So it is not just about scouting players.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
buskie13:
See what GEJ has caused.....Keshi is not a coach...when we have more eligible players....kalu uche is there...Keshi is collecting bribe
If Coach Keshi wants bribe, do you think he would be collecting money from Salami instead of Martins?

Still shaking my head in Yoruba.

10 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
n
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by iceberylin(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
Rubbish angry
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by kunlesehan(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mikel, Mourinho and Keshi all have something in common.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by stonemind(f): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
h
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by hazyfm: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
MIKEL AGAIN??

I SEE

LEAVING THREAD
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Dannyset(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
Keshi is now Ali Baba in d making. Multi talented. Iyen na da
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by DaBozz(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
I've got no hatred for Mikel but the truth must be said. It's obvious that Mikel has chosen not to improve as a player and he's very contented with his lackluster display. If not sold during January transfer, Mikel will be on Chelsea's bench for a long time with a safety belt, under a 3D shade and probably with some popcorn.

2 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by moneybag100: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Okay
Please don't forget our next coming vigil, when coming, kindly bring a machete each.

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
MIKELIS OBILIS

1 Like

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mikel hasn't been in form...if there's someone who'll do better ,that person should replace him
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Penboy: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abi
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by morbid: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Keshi,u left the part where he greased your palm with some Pound Sterling,but u rejected it...................and requested that he should give u the dollar equivalent,coz u live in the US. Na joke I D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ so!!! tongue
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by boujaye: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
From Keshi's eulogizing comments about Mickel_Go_Slow (or Mickel_Hold_Up) shows the quality of coach Keshi is ... waste pipe!!
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by etcme(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
ok oooo
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Zoola91(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
In winger voice#You pple know nothing about football...... Football is a game of passionnn!it doesn't matter weather you win or lose

4 Likes

Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
...mikel obi
Re: Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
The question is why Mikel? that guy is an overrated chelsea flop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leicester City Sacks Craig Shakespeare As Coach / Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Premier League Player Of The Month For April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.