Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> (9736 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Ghana And Japan Overtake Nigeria In Yam Exports / EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Odisco2(m): 6:02am On Nov 04, 2014
ggg
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by free2ryhme: 6:07am On Nov 04, 2014
2015 is around d corner y will nigerians not hear stories that touch
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by ochallo: 6:13am On Nov 04, 2014
Ghana produces way more than us as you can see from the table below an excerpt of their financial report.

Country Amount produced Percentage of world production
Côte d'Ivoire 1.23 million tons 34.7%
Ghana 746 thousand tons 20.6%
Indonesia 489 thousand tons 13.8%
Cameroon 220 thousand tons 5.9%
Nigeria 210 thousand tons 5.9%
Brazil 165 thousand tons 4.7%
Ecuador 130 thousand tons 3.7%
Malaysia 32 thousand tons 0.9%

Ghana exported 526,761 MT of cocoa beans in MY2009/10 up from 485,785 MT in MY2008/09.
The busiest shipping season runs from November to April. Cocoa bean exports account for about 40 percent
of the country’s foreign exchange earnings and provide the second largest source of export dollars.
However, according to the Bank of Ghana, export receipts of cocoa beans and products for the first
quarter of 2011 amounted to $859.4 million accounting for about 61 percent of total export earnings as
compared with $682.5 million for 2010 which was 48.8 percent.

so lets say their total earnings for 2010 is 859.4/61 X 100=$1.408 billion.
Then for 746 MT = $1.995 billion.
Factor in inflation at 14.5%= $2.284 Billion

The minister must be talking about the revenue for all the African countries exporting cocoa, which by the time you factor ivory coast might be almost $10 billion, .Actually that is what he meant, the total global value, the topic is wrong.

The total global value of exporting raw cocoa is approximately $10 billion a year;

And we have more producing capacity than Ghana, if the government would just support it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 04, 2014
Agriculture is the. Way... The. Truth and d life of any economy devoid. Of technological advancement.like nigeria
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by eleko1: 6:30am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by thiefnubu(m): 6:32am On Nov 04, 2014
The GEJ govt and useless statistics tho... Is this supposed to stop me from voting Buhari cum 2015? angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 04, 2014
babyest22:
where is the money?
ignorance is a deadly disease.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by doctokwus: 6:40am On Nov 04, 2014
There is still sth I don't understand wt some posts on nl.Is dat some pple can't comprehend sentences in english,or is it laziness or is it dat d education received from d foundation yrs is so poor?
This post by d op is a clear eg again.
Aganga in d body of d post clearly stated dat d total value GLOBAL cocoa exports annually is $10b;yet one mumu op from clear lack of comprehension or laziness twisted d man's speech to say he sed total value of nig cocoa exports.
Yet its on Fp wt dat clearly misleading title and some posters are alredy claiming d fg is lying wen their venom shud b on d mumu op and d fp moderator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by eleko1: 6:42am On Nov 04, 2014
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy sad sad sad sad sadPappy Joe deceive pikins.POWER/KEY MUST CHANGE HAND COME MAY,2015. We've suffered enuf.GMB is the SOLUTION
free2ryhme:
2015 is around d corner y will nigerians not hear stories that touch
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by jojomario(m): 6:43am On Nov 04, 2014
Expect more reports like this as the kingdom of election is drawing near. who is fooling who?
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by PEREP: 6:44am On Nov 04, 2014
OP,

Pls change this Misleading Topic after reading the Post again. Note, the 10 Billion USD is for Global Cocoa export.

For me, I think it is noble to localize the Chocolate Industries for local consumption and export. There is just a lot of opportunity for private sector in the Agriculutural Sector of this country but even most of the industrialists that should have improved this sector is busy jostling for Government houses.

Let's create the jobs and Nigeria will be a great place for all of us.

GOVT cannot provide all the Jobs we need.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by osystein(m): 6:46am On Nov 04, 2014
Nonsense figure.. Ghana produces 4 times the cocoa that Nigeria does, so I'm suppose to believe that Ghana earns $40billion from cocoa?

Nonsense figure this.
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by osystein(m): 6:47am On Nov 04, 2014
PEREP:
OP,

Pls change this Misleading Topic after reading the Post again. Note, the 10 Billion USD is for Global Cocoa export.

For me, I think it is noble to localize the Chocolate Industries for local consumption and export. There is just a lot of opportunity for private sector in the Agriculutural Sector of this country but even most of the industrialists that should have improved this sector is busy jostling for Government houses.

I thought so..
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Dreyl(m): 6:48am On Nov 04, 2014
Really?
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 04, 2014
PEREP:
OP,

If u like explain from now to 2022, Trolls will always be trolls, Anyways its their job to attack any percieved opposition
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by himselfmaji(m): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2014
Always figure without actions!
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Ochiske(m): 6:57am On Nov 04, 2014
babyest22:
where is the money?

this is exactly the same question I was about asking. Where dafauq is the $10bn? Is it in the federation account or in the pockets of a select few
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2014
babyest22:
where is the money?
That's the exact question I wanted asking.... WHERE THE HELL IS THE MONEY

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by kayoday(m): 7:09am On Nov 04, 2014
Government officials seems to be reeling out figures and wuruwuru statistics nowadays...why?.
Abi na part of 2015 re election game plan
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by nonesense: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2014
Pls, where is Nigeria?
I heard that the country had a clueless president,
Pls tell me more because I schooled in France
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Thats always my problem with the Nigeria Economy.
Why cant we add value to this raw cocoa to create employment oppprtunities for nigeria and grow the economy.
By exporting raw cocoa to the outside world,we are not only providing employment for other country but diminishing our economy.

Check my articles in the agric section on how to make money and change your level fast from starting an agribusiness in the multi-billion naira industry.
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by folahann(m): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2014
We just dey look una. Shebi February 14 is by the corner. Na that time una go know say we no be mumu.
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by uche77zero(m): 7:15am On Nov 04, 2014
Ngozi, Over to you
you see the money?

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by valandy99(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2014
sign of a good thing
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2014
babyest22:
where is the money?
as you know,most countries like the usa have stopped purchasing oil from Nigeria which means most money we using to run nigeria is no longer a large part from oil like before. Thanks to GEJ for reducing our over dependency on oil

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by iamord(m): 7:25am On Nov 04, 2014
ochallo:
Ghana produces way more than us as you can see from the table below an excerpt of their financial report.

Country Amount produced Percentage of world production
Côte d'Ivoire 1.23 million tons 34.7%
Ghana 746 thousand tons 20.6%
Indonesia 489 thousand tons 13.8%
Cameroon 220 thousand tons 5.9%
Nigeria 210 thousand tons 5.9%
Brazil 165 thousand tons 4.7%
Ecuador 130 thousand tons 3.7%
Malaysia 32 thousand tons 0.9%

so lets say their total earnings for 2010 is 859.4/61 X 100=$1.408 billion.
Then for 746 MT = $1.995 billion.
Factor in inflation at 14.5%= $2.284 Billion

The minister must be talking about the revenue for all the African countries exporting cocoa, which by the time you factor ivory coast might be almost $10 billion, .Actually that is what he meant, the total global value, the topic is wrong.

And we have more producing capacity than Ghana, if the government would just support it.

Ghana is also working that by 2015 they would topple cote divore as top cocoa producer in the world. Ghana already has the sweetest cocoa in the world. the key is turning it into finished goods..a lot of the people in the cocoa farming have not even tasted chocolate or milo. We can't continue to be in the cave man ages. A culture of eating chocolate should be introduced. like what we have in Switzerland and france. Then it will encourage manufacturing plants in the country
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by iamord(m): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2014
osystein:
Nonsense figure.. Ghana produces 4 times the cocoa that Nigeria does, so I'm suppose to believe that Ghana earns $40billion from cocoa?

Nonsense figure this.
The figures don't add up
Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 04, 2014
The idea of exporting raw materials is not a good one for our nation. We should be exporting finished products like chocolate bars, chocolate drinks, chocolate biscuits etc thereby creating jobs for our teeming population while earning more foreign exchange.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $10bn Raw Cocoa Annually <<FALSE>> by Emilord(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2014
Where does all of this money go?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation / Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest / Small Space Urban Farmers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.