Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Have You Ever Missed A Flight? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Missed A Flight? (26928 Views)

Pics: Air Hostess Feeds A Paralyzed Elderly Man On A Flight / How Can I Book A Flight Ticket to China Online. / 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by JayJustus(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2014
how will I miss a flight when my mum is at home hahahaha...she usually drags me to the airport like 3½ hours before the flight...well but when I'm long gone away from home it's still in my blood not to miss flights...always there on time...
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by holatin(m): 9:26am On Nov 05, 2014
Mcowubaba:
there is nothing unfortunate about it....the time has nt yet come simple!!!!.....
English teacher pls we need you in sambisa forest for d chibok girls.
back to the context, unfortunately I can't start lecturing u about English and use of unfortunately.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Asemo11(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2014
pansophist:
Of course yes, I have missed a flight before, and I didnt regret it at all, it was one of the best journey ever cheesy

It was in 2011, I was travelling to Finland and the itinenary was scheduled to fly from Lagos to madrid, then from Madrid to Helsinki. On getting to the airport, we had a delayed flight and had to wait for over two hours for the airline to recuperate the issue, but eventually it was not possible to fly that day. We later heard an announcement that we will be dispatched to a nearby Hotel for the night, and we will be boarding the next morning. People were angry of course but for me, it was not an emergency travel so I was completely calm and just accept whatever in as much as I will arrive to my destination safely.

As we departed from the airport to the Hotel ( Lagos airport hotel), there was a beautiful girl sitting by my connecting going to London from Madrid, and we began talking, we further extend our discussion till mumsys call. wink

After arriving in Madrid, I already missed the flight that will take me to Helsinki, so the airline had to arrange another one for us, I was lodged in a 4 star hotel again, where I made very close friends that I still have contact with till today, I also had the opportunity to explore madrid and its architectural beauty, before finally departing to Helsinki.

but no vex oh boss who takes care of the hotel bookings is it u or
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by pansophist(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2014
Asemo11:

but no vex oh boss who takes care of the hotel bookings is it u or

Na the airline arrange for everything

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by nataisha(f): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2014
holatin:
unfortunately I've nt travel by air before

# no forming
me too thou I look forward to it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Gracevessel1: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2014
Imagine how we feel when we miss ordinary school bus. O Lord I receive grace not to miss d GREATEST FLIGHT, d RAPTURE.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by komek(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2014
I have missed my flight out of carelessness. I got to MM2 as early as possible. I started reading a book I came with. There is this airline that starts with letter "A" they are known for moving their flight timing. I was there when the first, second and third timing was moved. Each time they announce anything, I will rush to the counter to ask what exactly the announcer was saying. On this particular day my sense of understanding English failed me. By the time they announced our boarding I did not hear. I was so into the book I was reading. It was not funny cos I was suppose to be at my destination the previous day, but because I believed I wud fly in very early the nxt day, I did not bother that much.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by adele04: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2014
I use to watch one aero contractor plane pass our house everyday by 2pm but one day I slept by 1.30pm and woke up by 2.15pm and I missed the flight...so painful

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by latolak(m): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2014
I booked my mum's flight from heathrow to lagos. We slept on the coach taking us to the airport and we found ourselves at Gatwick!
it wasn't funny o. Had to go back to heathrow and book the next available ticket.

I had nightmares for the next month for falling asleep at such a crucial moment.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by fpeter(f): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2014
yesso! one fateful day i tried boarding a flight to Lagos using AERO
right there on the queue they told me i was late and had missed the
flight.....AERO is fond of that anyway!
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by peren: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2014
My own experience was annoying cus it cost me a lot more than i had anticipated. We were on vacation in Tanzania and we decided to fly from Moshi to Dar es salam and then go by boat to Zanzibar, instead of going by road.

Our mountain lodge had adviced that the trip to the airport was abt 1hr, so we generally took our time, it was my friends birthday so we were busy cutting cake and snapping pics by the time we hit the road it took about 30mins just to get to the main road from the mountain lodge sef.

1hr pass we still dey turbo, the flight was for 12:30 we got to the airport at 12:15, they insited that the counter was closed and that we would have to buy new tickets or pay this really high no show fee. After all the talking and begging it all came to no avail. we just vexed bought tickets with another airline for zanzibar direct, had to drive to arusha a near by town to catch up with that flight, no be small thing oh. Our lounging cost us $320. but it made sense in the end flying straight to zanzibar, sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Bowaley17(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2014
Have never been 2 an airport b4...talkless of seeing a plane face 2 face,except when its flying...not 2 talk of booking a flight...
When d time comes sha...
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=njuwo post=27733937] Lol madam na me be the guy where my money

Hahahahaha lol funny you. But seriously, I'm still searching for my Angel. If you are the one, then show me your particulars...
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2014
NEROSKY:

Nice piece!! You must have done some good or given to the needy which you couldn't remember, Is good to be good!! smiley

Exactly dear, my good deeds paved ways for me. It's really good to be good. Theses 3 things I don't joke with; My Tithe, The Needy and The Prophets.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nosyke(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2014
komek:
I have missed my flight out of carelessness. I got to MM2 as early as possible. I started reading a book I came with. There is this airline that starts with letter "A" they are known for moving their flight timing. I was there when the first, second and third timing was moved. Each time they announce anything, I will rush to the counter to ask what exactly the announcer was saying. On this particular day my sense of understanding English failed me. By the time they announced our boarding I did not hear. I was so into the book I was reading. It was not funny cos I was suppose to be at my destination the previous day, but because I believed I wud fly in very early the nxt day, I did not bother that much.

I bet this is Arik, those guys can delays one's destiny.......... when you miss your flight you pay through your nose but when they delay/reschedule your flight, they are cool with it. I wonder why the authorities have not come down hard on them.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by dein77(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2014
Gracevessel1:
Imagine how we feel when we miss ordinary school bus. O Lord I receive grace not to miss d GREATEST FLIGHT, d RAPTURE.

Exactly my second and most important lesson after I missed a flight in 2012. It's captured in my earlier post. It's indeed a flight one can't risk missing. Be rapturable

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by JIMOSKI(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2014
Even pipo wey Neva enter plane go get somtin to tok.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nosyke(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2014
JIMOSKI:
Even pipo wey Neva enter plane go get somtin to tok.

If flying is a big deal for you and co, do you think it is for others? Go to our local and international airports/wings and see the crowd daily, are those people spirits?. Dont you think that some people in those crowds are nairalanders?

Just dont under-estimate people.........

Do not quote me.............................

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by bugativeron: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hmmmm. I must have flown within Nigeria countless time. But I have only missed my flight ones. But after that I vouched never again. Interestingly my missed flight occurred after many record breaking feat not to miss my flight.

Infact there was a particular case in which somebody had done my boarding pass for me but I got to the airport late at mm2 when the plane door had been closed and the staircase already removed. I was looking at the plane ready to taxi out. But fortunately I was staring directly into the pilots eyes and everybody told me it is all over. The staff and other passenger, but as a sales man I dont take no for answer.
I kept staring at the pilot while I was saying silent prayers while pleading with him with hands in prayer form.
surprisingly he beckoned to the ground staff that they should return the tire support and operate the accending apparatus for me to board. I couldnt believe my luck. Even others were shocked. Sorry gast to go running late for a meeting.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by komek(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nosyke:

I bet this is Arik, those guys can delays one's destiny.......... when you miss your flight you pay through your nose but when they delay/reschedule your flight, they are cool with it. I wonder why the authorities have not come down hard on them.
Nope. Arik is not in MM2.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by njuwo(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=Catered4 post=27744338][/quote] That's my particulars when i was coming out of the plane and escaping.
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by DisGuy: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nosyke:

ARIK/AERO....

because they ARE the authorities!!! its the usual 'we are doing you a favour' absolutely little or no competition

will be very interesting to see a data showing flight departure times for all the airlines in Nigeria
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nosyke(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
komek:

Nope. Arik is not in MM2.

Aha, I didnt take note of the MM2 ......................
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by hizaya61(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
I missed my flight from oshodi to Ikeja so I took bike so fast but dangerous
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by bayocanny: 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
E be like say Arik no get gud reputation, thank God have take note
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by sirlaykeens(m): 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
I missed one wen I wanted to go to d market to buy pepper a.k.a ata and locust bean a.k.a iru for my vegetable a.k.a efo soup. .. ..... . ... wat! don't u get? I actually meant d DANFO I was supposed to board to s market! so wat?
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by deavicky(m): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
How can I miss my flight when I only fly occasionally
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by plasmadocument: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
pansophist:
Of course yes, I have missed a flight before, and I didnt regret it at all, it was one of the best journey ever cheesy

It was in 2011, I was travelling to Finland and the itinenary was scheduled to fly from Lagos to madrid, then from Madrid to Helsinki. On getting to the airport, we had a delayed flight and had to wait for over two hours for the airline to recuperate the issue, but eventually it was not possible to fly that day. We later heard an announcement that we will be dispatched to a nearby Hotel for the night, and we will be boarding the next morning. People were angry of course but for me, it was not an emergency travel so I was completely calm and just accept whatever in as much as I will arrive to my destination safely.

As we departed from the airport to the Hotel ( Lagos airport hotel), there was a beautiful girl sitting by my connecting going to London from Madrid, and we began talking, we further extend our discussion till mumsys call. wink

After arriving in Madrid, I already missed the flight that will take me to Helsinki, so the airline had to arrange another one for us, I was lodged in a 4 star hotel again, where I made very close friends that I still have contact with till today, I also had the opportunity to explore madrid and its architectural beauty, before finally departing to Helsinki.

What about the girl
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by dridowu: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
I have never missed a flight because i have never booked for a flight before .
Re: Have You Ever Missed A Flight? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
njuwo:
That's my particulars when i was coming out of the plane and escaping.

Abeg I no fit laugh ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria / Nigerian Man's Leg Crushed By A Car In Asia (Photos, Video) / Explosion Rocks Kidandan, Kaduna, 10 Children Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.