Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,394 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:30 AM

Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? (7326 Views)

Poll: Governor Fashola approval poll

I approve: 83% (98 votes)
I disapprove: 6% (8 votes)
I don't know: 10% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagosians, Is JK Still OK? / Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by blokoncept(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2008
NEW ROAD, new transport policy(BRT), more general hospitals, new goverment policies, new health care systems.

Within two years,Lagos state is gradually change to a more developed city in the world.  Bravo!  Hello, Nairalanders,"Can Raji Fashola really change Lagos State?" Drop your thought right here
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Bolarge(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2008
He's doing a great job.
I'm proud of him.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by blokoncept(m): 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
do you think this is a scheme to pave way for his future ambition of something higher.
     do not be decieved.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by kokorunna(m): 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2008
Eko o ni baje grin
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by server34(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2008
The guy is simply too much. He is a performer. We need people like that everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by server34(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2008
blokoncept:

do you think this is a scheme to pave way for his future ambition of something higher.
do not be decieved.

Deceived by what? and what scheme are u talking abt? Even if he is paving for something higher, with the way he has effectively managed 'something smaller', He definately has the support of the masses, even if na president, he go better pass Yaradua.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Bolarge(m): 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2008
blokoncept:

do not be decieved.
Kindly educate us on the best way to pave way for any higher pursuit if not to excel in one's present engagement.
He who is faithful in little shall be made ruler over much. So the Good Book says.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Ilelobola: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
When was this new health care system started and to which group of people is it available? Where are the new general hospitals? My cousin was unwell and getting a bed at LUTH was another story, cotton wool, syringes etc had to be supplied by us even water to flush the toilet after she had used it. The toilets were under lock and key and if you don't show ur bucket of water, the door doesn't get opened. As far as I can tell, all they are doing is painting the external walls. And I know what LUTH used to be as my mom worked there for years and we were there to visit her a lot.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2008
Messiah?  
If this 'tittle' was based on the nigerian standard or the usual nigerian expection, i may not debate that. But if it was based on a normal standard; then i'm afraid the poster is a joker.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by congoshine(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
blokoncept:

do not be decieved.
And according to your small brain,is there anything wrong with that? undecided
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by delegiwa(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2008
blokoncept:

do not be decieved.

You are just (for the lack of a better word) a whoa!!! grin.

Fashola has done quiet well if you compare him to most governors and he doesn't have any reason not to perform considering the amount of money Lagos generates internally. Let's encourage a good effort please. De guy de try small small.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by sylve11: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2008
congoshine:

And according to your small brain,is there anything wrong with that? undecided

i hate it when you insults people like this angry
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by toba1909(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2008
Ilelobola:

When was this new health care system started and to which group of people is it available? Where are the new general hospitals? My cousin was unwell and getting a bed at LUTH was another story, cotton wool, syringes etc had to be supplied by us even water to flush the toilet after she had used it. The toilets were under lock and key and if you don't show ur bucket of water, the door doesn't get opened. As far as I can tell, all they are doing is painting the external walls. And I know what LUTH used to be as my mom worked there for years and we were there to visit her a lot.

Ilelobola,
Do you know the different btw Federal Government owned projects/infrastructures and State Government owned ones?
LUTH is being owned by the Fed. Govt,
while LASUTH is being owned by the State Govt.

Moreover Fasho has spread his tentacles on FG infrastructures as well.
Go through Abeokuta Expressway and see what he's done to the pot-holes there.
Sentiment apart,
Fashola Biko!
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by delegiwa(m): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2008
sylve11:

@Sylve11, I feel you shaa, but some people just dey talk like say dem no get brain.  How else should you aspire for a higher position if not to "arrange" the one you are occupying "well"?  You think say like say Obj "perform" people for no follow am de shout "3rd Ter"?
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by server34(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
nuzo:

Messiah?  
If this 'tittle' was based on the nigerian standard or the usual nigerian expection, i may not debate that. But if it was based on a normal standard; then i'm afraid the poster is a joker.

Kindly elaborate on what u call the 'normal standard', and how fashola is not meeting up to your terms.
If you fail to do this b4 the end of today, I'm afraid u have just called urself a 'joker'.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by delegiwa(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2008
Ilelobola:

At least he has to start somewhere. You and I know very well that you can't tackle all our infratructural problems in 8 years. Even Obama (in his victory speech) acknowledged the enormity of problems when he said that the problems may not be solved in a year or two or even in 1 term (4 yrs) so let's give the guy a chance as he has showed us that he's ready to work.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by congoshine(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2008
sylve11:

I hate it when people can't make a grammartically correct sentence. tongue
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by delegiwa(m): 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
congoshine:

Is this supposed to be a correction or another insult(s) grin
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
So far so good. . . Since I've grown up to see the visible works of Lagos state Governors, Babatunde Raji Fashola remains the best!

What we need in Nigeria is to encourage leaders to do better, its not easy being in the midst of corrupt people and keep doing diligent stuffs. We all know the system is corrupt. . .

We Nigerians have our own part to play in terms of Infrastructure maintenance. . . Most roads get damaged easily because of the filth people throw on the streets, especially from the Buses and market women who throw their wastes on the road, leaving roads to get damaged in a short while. . .

God Bless Lagos, God Bless Nigeria. . .

PS: Nobody holy pass! wink
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2008
WOW!!! And Someone had earlier denied my claim that there are those who fancy the man their messiah!!! roflmao!!
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Phemzy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2008
I think among all other states' governor, lagos state governor has always be the best even before Fashola. So its a gift to Lagos State among others.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by sylve11: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2008
congoshine:

It's wery remarkable circumstance, said i to you that poverty and oyster always seems to go together sad
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by delegiwa(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2008
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! And Someone had earlier denied my claim that there are those who fancy the man their messiah!!! roflmao!!

Kobo, I no get your drift oh. Abeg throw NEPA sorry PHCN more.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by delegiwa(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2008
sylve11:

It's very remarkable circumstance, said i to you that poverty and oyster always seems to go together sad

Now this guy is very pissed. Kobo beware or,
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by spikedcylinder: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2008
Doesn't mean he's not "chopping" you people's money tho. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by blackspade(m): 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2008
He's been doing great job with Lagos, I do wish there were more Fashola's in other states.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by OBVIOUS(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2008
Based on Nigerian standards (which is pretty low), Fashola has done well thus far. He could do more but I wouldn't label him "messiah" or anything like that. He is doing what he was hired to do anyways and soo far soo good.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by OBVIOUS(m): 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
We all know that most politicians we hire anyways, don't do much expect STEAL FROM US.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2008
delegiwa:

Kobo, I no get your drift oh. Abeg throw NEPA sorry PHCN more.

Let me throw you a bone here, or better still explain. The need for a messiah is what brought us to the point where we find ourselves today. The reason we do not get more governors like Fashola has always been because we as a people have removed ourselves so far from the process that when folks like Fashola come along, we immediately try to shower them with praises and use the word MESSIAH to classify them. If we looked at this, the way it really is, being that Fashola is actually an employee and the people his employer, then we may actually get more of our politicians to understand that only the best will do for the job.

Please spend time on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-195700.0.html
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by OBVIOUS(m): 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2008
Kobo makes a good point.
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by bodsibobo(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2008
But why are you guys praising the man for what he is employed/appointed/elected/selected to do? The man is just doing what ordinarily should be his job description as a governor. It is only in Nigeria that public office holders are celebrated for doing what they are suppossed to do.

What else is he f*#cking there for other than to fix the roads, the street lights, hospitals, etc?
Re: Lagosians: Is Fashola The Expected Messiah? by UNLEASHED(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2008
bodsibobo:

But why are you guys praising the man for what he is employed/appointed/elected/selected to do? The man is just doing what ordinarily should be his job description as a governor. It is only in Nigeria that public office holders are celebrated for doing what they are suppossed to do.

What else is he f*#cking there for other than to fix the roads, the street lights, hospitals, etc?

I wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will U Vote For Buhari? / Famous Quotes By Ojukwu / South East Vs North West (photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.