Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (44589 Views)

Photos From Fatal Accident Close To UNIZIK In Awka Area Of Anambra State / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by focus7: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Jonathan is working till forever I guess.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
abagoro:

Coward! Let me see you criticise any one again. After you will claim biafra.
what do you mean
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Stop lying Ogbonna! If you acknowledge the poor state of the road, it won't reduce your support for the President Jonathan!
no doubt work is slow on the road but its a work in progress.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Yeske2(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ogbonaikenna:
The road is under construction. Below are the pics i took on saturday on my way to lag
Liar, tell us or show us the Umunya-Awkuzu stretch what it looks like or that within Awka. Showing us that within Onitsha the Anambra state repaired doesn't help your case. I'm not even talking about that after Awka to Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by ACM10: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
OP is deliberately mischievous. Work is in progress on that road, just that it is slow. Why not show us the picture of Head bridge to Umunya axis? Enough of this propaganda to sway Igbos. It's never gonna work. You can decide to use old road which is in good condition.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by politricks: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
Descartes:
That's appaulling angry
Correct yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Dannyset(m): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nice Camera, nice pictures. Nature at is best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by IAMGEJ(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
Is d state govt dead?

Y always blaming GEJ?

6 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Benez: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
Transformation Agenda of Nigeria, where are you?

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Descartes: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
politricks:
Correct yourself.
Thanks dear, am grateful smiley
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
ACM10:
OP is deliberately mischievous. Work is in progress on that road, just that it is slow. Why not show us the picture of Head bridge to Umunya axis? Enough of this propaganda to sway Igbos. It's never gonna work. You can decide to use old road which is in good condition.

I was on that road 5days ago and I concur with your statement , the road is being worked on.. I plied the Bridge head to umunya, don't know about umunya to awka
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by erico2k2(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Arch1:
The Igbos will be shocked at the appaulling state of the federal roads inthe southeast when they go back home for christmas this december

virtually all the federal roads in the southeast are in terrible conditions

onitsha-enugu-PH road = zero
east-west road = zero
umuahia - ikot ekpene road = zero
2nd niger bridge = zero etc etc

JonaTAN has failed the igbos. JonaTAN has failed Nigerians
What part of the East West rd are you talking aboiyj?
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
feedeefee is that you grin

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by hardbody: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Arch1:
The Igbos will be shocked at the appaulling state of the federal roads inthe southeast when they go back home for christmas this december

east-west road = zero

I just booked my return ticket. LOL
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Yeske2:
Liar, tell us or show us the Umunya-Awkuzu stretch what it looks like or that within Awka. Showing us that within Onitsha the Anambra state repaired doesn't help your case. I'm not even talking about that after Awka to Enugu.
do you have comprehension problem? I said the road is under construction. The road hast been constructed up ogbunike after ogidi. Umunya portion is bad no doubt. Gej is working atleast he is constructing the road but obj couldn't do that road throughout is eight years rule.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by killercute16(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Arch1:

east-west road = zero

Will those roads be good when jonathan steps down,u guys just focused on the negative part of Jonathan's work.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by debbie(f): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
I am not in support of having BAD roads especially when it is owned by the federal government.But i want to ask what the representatives of those areas are doing? is it to just sit and collect allowances? why blame GEJ solely for the state of those bad roads.Remember the fight that resulted in the completion of onitsha- owerri road,owerri-aba road up to owerri-nta.
The umuahia/arochukwu road which is owned by the federal govt,was worked on till you get to ohafia..after which the road is terrible.Simply because we have a lousy representative that refused to stand for his people.The owerri/ph road too is in a bad state,yet whom do we blame?
I hate it when people only use political stunts to display their level of understanding.Have you asked those you elected to represent you in the house of senate what the are doing?

The president is not everywhere,yet i am not defending him for his inability to work on those roads.So i expect some wise fellows here to use their God-given wisdom.Some federal roads in the east have been worked on,just because the leaders there spoke and fought for it.....Go and ask those representing you..

If you like fight and rant,unless you hold your leaders responsible all you do here is display of political stunts.
DONT QUOTE ME FOR ANY SILLY COMMENT...YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by dvee2: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=mentorandfriend post=27716976]It's a pity we have paucity of alternatives in our nation today. If not, I should help send Jona back to Otuoke come 2015 with a vigourous campaign of hate. Ridiculous!!![/quote

No we don't, you are just too bias to see ]

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Youngzedd(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
okpamson15:
Who hire you to do these? I'm sure is BUHARI, wada u like it or not. You know what i mean.

But the guy said the truth. That road has been abandoned for ages.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by tsolz700: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
saqo:
I passed through the road from Awka to Onitsha yesterday and I was really amazed. The road is so terrible and robbers have now taken advantage of several portion of the road that you dare not ply that road from 7pm downward. I wonder why the Igbo support Jonathan blindly when the state of most federal roads in their domain is nothing to write home about.

All they do is scream -" GEJ till 2090" and brag about the invisible manshuns they own in lagos grin
Well, ko kan aiye undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Arysexy(m): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
No amount of propaganda will make we ndigbo. Vote APC. Road under construction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by gameboy727(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
So many thread bashing GEJ on front page today. Wetin the guy do una?
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nichobabe(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Is like APC is blocking the fresh air from getting to East.

The more reason Southeast needs to vote GEJ for second term to complete their roads.

GEJ till 2019 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by tsolz700: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Stop posting the pictures of Onitsha roads done by peter obi, we are talking about the the expressway mumu!

cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Y do we just point accusing finger at just one person YYYY?
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by hardbody: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
debbie:
I am not in support of having BAD roads especially when it is owned by the federal government.But i want to ask what the representatives of those areas are doing? is it to just sit and collect allowances? why blame GEJ solely for the state of those bad roads.Remember the fight that resulted in the completion of onitsha- owerri road,owerri-aba road up to owerri-nta.
The umuahia/arochukwu road which is owned by the federal govt,was worked on till you get to ohafia..after which the road is terrible.Simply because we have a lousy representative that refused to stand for his people.The owerri/ph road too is in a bad state,yet whom do we blame?
I hate it when people only use political stunts to display their level of understanding.Have you asked those you elected to represent you in the house of senate what the are doing?

The president is not everywhere,yet i am not defending him for his inability to work on those roads.So i expect some wise fellows here to use their God-given wisdom.Some federal roads in the east have been worked on,just because the leaders there spoke and fought for it.....Go and ask those representing you..

I agree with you completely. The stretch from Ohafia to Arochukwu is so terrible that i am not certain we can effectively drive through this December. The Airport cab that took me some 2 weeks back regretted that trip and swore never to go back there no matter the amount staked. The irony of it all is that the Director of Programmes during the PTF era when the road from Umuahia to Ohafia was fixed was an Arochukwu man. THere was even another Arochukwu man on the Board of Trustees. In terms of men of calibre, you count them in tens of dozens. All they do is collect money at the top, do nothing on the roads and fly back to the villa using helicopters. Shame to bad people.

If you like fight and rant,unless you hold your leaders responsible all you do here is display of political stunts.
DONT QUOTE ME FOR ANY SILLY COMMENT...YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
This is Nairaland Forum not campaign forum. Besides if u no like GEJ go knack ur head for wall u can as well go hug transformer wey dey ur neighbourhood. U think say to rule a country dey easy, not even a country but a country full of fault finders. If na dat yo-rubber guy wey una want come win, una still go complain. If na u dey dat seat, u fit change anything U fit change d prize of garri for market Fuel nko Biko GEJ till I ......because there is God ooooooooooooo! kiss

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by chinex276(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
I swear i'll help send his sorry as..ss bk 2 bayelsa by d tym i find out dis is true.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by stan241(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
Its not that the other presidents before him couldn't do it I think the anger is that due to en masse support he has gotten from the south-east more than any other region, this road ought to have been completed. ..those shouting road in construction please for how long...work perpetually stopped the second they got to umunya...the peter obi led govt i think did the onitsha asis (I stand to be corrected though)...Its a total eyesore going through that road to be honest...

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by jojomario(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
SMH shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Salo Roseline Tamarabrakemi Dies In Accident In Port-Harcourt / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Man Dies In Car Accident 12 Days To His Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.